'It'

Into the New World: Together

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure this is gonna be okay,” Taeyeon asked from beside me. “It looks like this place is packed.” I hummed.

“Yes Taeyeon,” I assured for the hundredth time. “We have all of our managers here and Lee Sooman seonsaengnim said we could… everything thing will be fine.”

I hoped so at least…

When we were walking into our hotel back in NYC Jessica and I thought of the greatest idea.

A double date!

We would of course have to wait until Yuri got a night off of filming and everything, but luckily he had one just a couple days after we got back… the sooner the better.

I know I wouldn’t be able to wait that much longer.

Yuri and TYS’s managers came to pick us up earlier and now that all four of us- er well all eight of us if you count our managers… Whatever! Either way the car ride alone was so much fun… It was so nice to just be able to hang out with almost everyone again. I seriously don’t think I’ve had an actual conversation with Yuri in months.

 We invited Seohyun too but she didn’t want to be a fifth wheel and Sunny and Sooyoung couldn’t come without causing a billion more rumors so it was just us tonight.

I don’t know why we didn’t do this all the time but it was the perfect way to end my public appearances until the bomb that is my pregnancy news drops.

From here on out I’m not going to be attending any of the fan sign events or doing any interviews and I can’t even imagine what the fans will say about that… I really hated that I couldn’t tell them yet since I was pretty much done for the year and I really didn’t want them to be mad at me for not telling them but I guess I can at least give them one final image of me just being me!

Who knows; the next time some of them see me I’ll probably be unrecognizable!

Ugh, I still didn’t want to think about me being that big, but thinking about what would come from my soon-to-be huge stomach did make it seem a little more worth it… okay or maybe a lot more.

Like a lot, a lot!

Taeyeon and I followed behind Jessica and Yuri in to the bowling alley and I could already see heads turning our way.

“Here it goes,” I heard Jessica mumble and she was right. I saw a few phones being pointed at us already, but thankfully Yuri’s manager led us to our sort of sectioned off area.

It wasn’t completely apart from the rest of the bowling lanes but there were temporary ‘walls’ set up in between. One was merely a huge vinyl poster like thing strung up between the two support beams behind us. It didn’t block everyone out one hundred percent but it still did a pretty good job. The other ‘wall’ that blocked our view of all the other bowling lanes looked like two of those huge whiteboard things on wheels that you’d see a basketball coach write plays down on or something.

We had four lanes to ourselves, but were only going to use one…

I kind of felt bad that we did block off a whole set of lanes that someone could’ve used, but seeing as how people are already trying to get past these barriers our mangers and the employees here just set up for us, that guilt went right away.

I mean they weren’t trying to knock them down and like tackle us or even approach us or anything, but I’ve seen at least ten camera flashes in the two minutes that I’ve been inside and I wasn’t okay with that… and to think I didn’t want them to set any of these ‘walls’ up in the first place.

This was our private alone time with each other and I don’t see why they needed to take a picture of us putting on bowling shoes…

Thankfully as soon as our managers stepped outside the ‘walls’, the commotion slowed down. I heard Seunghwan oppa telling someone that he would report them to the police if they took one more picture and I think that really calmed the place down.

It was times like this I felt truly blessed to have our companies support. Without their help I think Taeyeon and I would be stuck inside every single day… or we’d have to travel to America or Europe or somewhere that were weren’t immediately recognized like we were here.

“Ew, these shoes stink,” Jessica complained, bringing me back to reality. Yuri laughed.

“Are you sure that isn’t just you?” Taeyeon and I laughed, but Jessica was not having it.

“You tell me,” she said before playfully shoving the shoe right in Yuri’s face.

They pretty much wrestled for a few more seconds before Jessica finally gave in… or I guess I should say when Yuri started to tickle her.

I laughed again after Jessica’s stupidly high pitched dolphin squeal and was so glad that it was already pretty loud in here… I was also pretty happy that Jess and Yuri were still as cute as ever. I knew they were still together, but I hadn’t heard much from either one of them. I guess with Yuri being so busy though it makes complete sense. I-

“Need help with your shoes,” Taeyeon asked softly.

Uhm… I looked down and- Oh my god… I hadn’t even put on one and everyone else had them both on now. Jessica was already going to pick out a ball to use!

“No,” I laughed. “I was just thinking babe.” He grinned.

“About what?” I shrugged.

“About how cute they are,” I said with a nod in Yuri and Jessica’s direction.

Yuri was now pretending the ball that Jessica picked up was heavier than earth itself and it was pretty funny. Taeyeon chuckled.

“I know… Yuri texted me at like noon and said he was really excited for tonight.”

“Aww,” I sounded instinctively.

How cute was that?

I watched them continue to play and felt myself grinning even more, like I was a proud parent or something… ugh.

I blame Dukong.

They got back just about the exact time I tied my second shoe on.

Ah-ha~. Perfect timing!

“Oh noona, I got you this ball from the rack over there,” Yuri said. I looked at the bright pink ball and felt a smile form. I- Wow.

No wonder Taeyeon’s pink hair got me more excited than usual… I have a problem.

 “It’s only like six pounds,” he continued. Taeyeon took it from him before I even got the chance to hold it and-

“Was there anything lighter?” Yuri shook his head.

I-What?! Lighter than six pounds?

I think my purse weighs more than that…

“That was the lightest one we found, right Sica?” She hummed.

“We checked all the racks over there Taengo. That’s it.” He sighed.

I really loved Taeyeon and how much he cared about me and his unborn child, but sometimes he was just too much. It’s not like I was going to go lift weights or even go run for an hour… I was literally just going to roll this ball down a lane… I didn’t really even have to lift it up all the way.

“Okay… Fany-ah you still have to be super careful okay?” I nodded with my mouth shut.

Even though it was kind of annoying… it did feel pretty good to have him take care of me like this. I grinned.

“I will Taetae. Thank you.” Taeyeon grinned as well and-

“Yah, we were the ones that found it Tiff,” Jess snapped. I had to laugh.

“And thank you too,” I said as I jumped up to hug my best friend. “You’re gonna be the best aunt you know that?” She hugged me back before finally breaking away.

“Duh.”

Not only will she be the best aunt though, I think she’ll be the best bowler in all of SNSD history too.

I don’t know how, but Jessica was at least twenty points ahead of us all by the half way point… and Yuri was in last place.

I truly didn’t understand how he was so bad when he was so great at literally any other sport, but I figured Jessica got her skill from her athlete parents…

That’s gotta be some sort of cheating if you ask me.

Taeyeon and I weren’t doing too bad, but we definitely weren’t going to be joining any bowling teams anytime soon either…

“Oh Sica said that your last schedule was yesterday,” Yuri laughed after Taeyeon got yet another gutter ball. Ugh… my poor baby. “How’s it feel to be a free woman?” I grinned.

“Good, I think,” I replied honestly. “It’ll be amazing not having to run around crazy to get ready for the comeback, but I think I might go insane from having nothing to do at all.”

Like I knew it would be nice to be able to just relax for a while and catch up on all the dramas and movies that I haven’t been able to watch, but after a while I think it’s going to get really old.

Without rehearsing or doing interviews, photoshoots, or performing, what else am I going to do? That’s literally all I’ve done for years.

I would say vacation, but I didn’t want to go without my boo and he was busy.

“Yah, I’ll be home to keep you company,” Taeyeon added as he came back to his seat. I had to smile again.

“Not when you’re at SM all the time recording and practicing.” He stuck out his tongue. “Or when you’re having fun in Paris without me.”

“Oh my gosh,” Taeyeon said as he dramatically fell back into his seat. “She brings this up at least four times a day I swear.” Yuri laughed but I was kind of serious.

I was so jealous Taeyeon and s were going to Music Bank in Paris this weekend. SNSD was originally scheduled to go, but SM pulled us from the line up a month or so ago due to my little situation...

Ugh, this time I really blame Dukong… in the most loving way possible of course. I sighed.

Oh well. While they were in Paris, I would be staying at the SNSD dorm with my members just like old times and I couldn’t wait… I also couldn’t wait for Taeyeon to bring me back my weight in pastries.

What? Dukong loves them too okay…

_________________________________

 

We got back to Korea on Sooyoung’s birthday, and I did not feel bad about not celebrating it with him at all… but that’s only because we spent the whole last night in Paris celebrating it early!

We went out to eat at this really nice seafood restaurant near the Eiffel Tower and got the most delicious cake in the entire world afterward.

 I’m serious. I don’t know what they used to make it but I almost considered buying one to take back to Korea with me.

I had my manager drop me off at my building on his way to the dorm and I practically ran inside. I momentarily wished that the elevator was one of those that went superfast, but then I thought about how scary that would actually be… heol.

Tiffany would have to take the steps every day because I would definitely not let her ride on one of th-

DING.

OMO!

I jogged to the door, typed in our secret code, and ran inside… only to find my precious Tiffany asleep on the sofa. I laughed, I had to.

Of course she’s asleep.

We had been texting up until like five minutes ago and now I know why she stopped replying… psht and she was the one that said I had to text her all the time so she wouldn’t miss me as much.

She even talked me into making an Instagram before I left so I could show her and the fans what I’m up to while I’m there. I wasn’t going to, but she was so adorable as she told me that her fans love when she or her members post to theirs and that I needed to, and I quote, ‘get with it’ that I almost had to.

Aigo, she was something else.

Instead of waking her up I went ahead and put all my stuff away from the trip and even took a quick shower. When I got back out to our living room though, she was still sleeping ever so peacefully. For some reason she looked younger when she was asleep or it could’ve just been the fact that she had zero make up on too, but she looked beautiful.

Crap.

I knew my wife was clearly still tired, but I couldn’t take it anymore. I had to wake her up. She could go back to sleep afterward, but I at least needed to kiss her once.

It’s been days… DAYS!

I made a move to wake her up, but caught myself when a genius idea popped in my mind.

Since Tiffany has taken countless pictures of me and posted them online, I’ll get her back… I don’t think it technically counted as ‘getting her back’ when she looked this pretty in the picture seeing as how I always looked goofy, but she was too beautiful to not take a picture of right now.

The world had to see this.

I opened up the recently downloaded app and quickly took a snap.

I only got from around the shoulders up because one; her face was literally the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life, and two; I swear her stomach has gotten bigger since I’ve seen her.

I typed up a quick caption and posted the first one so I could get to the more important things right now… like my beautiful wife and my rapidly growing child!

AH!

It was exciting and scary… She was growing so fast!

There was no way Tiffany would be able to go out in public now. She was definitely showing.

 She had to be.

I guess she might still be able get away with baggy clothes or a big jacket for now, but come spring it was game over.

I brought my hand to her face and let my thumb run over her cheek. I called her name a few times and it thankfully did the trick.

“Hmm? Wha-“ her eyes shot open and before I knew it I was being choked by the prettiest pregnant lady in the world. I had to laugh.

“I missed you too Fany-ah.” I felt kiss after kiss being placed all over my face and thought momentarily that I needed to go on trips more often. I quickly shook off that idea though when I remembered what it felt like to not have her cuddled up with me in bed… and when I remembered my little bun in the oven.

Omo, which reminds me.

“You’ve gotten so big babe.” I felt one more kiss against my cheek before she let her head drop back to her pillow.

“I know,” she said sadly. “I thought it was going to be like a little at a time babe, not all of a sudden me being as big as a watermelon.” She sighed again. “I can’t even zip my jeans anymore Tae, I tried.” I had to grin as I pushed her bangs out of the way.

“You don’t look as big as a watermelon yet babe… more like a cantaloupe?” I questioned.

Ehh~ that didn’t seem right either… hmm.

“Maybe like a half of one,” I asked as I looked down at her tummy. She sighed.

“You’re not helping.”

Oh… right. I chuckled. I’m sure it’s every girls dream to hear they look like they swallowed a melon…

“Mian,” I laughed. “Have you felt it move yet?” I moved my hand down to her stomach and-

Heol… I can even feel the difference.

“Hmm-mm,” she said while shaking her head no. “Not yet.”

Aww man, that means I couldn’t yet either.

Soon Dukong, soon.

“Do you have the rest of the day off?” I nodded as I looked down into her still sleepy eyes.

“Yup. I get to spend the next twenty four hours with you,” I said causing my queen to bless me with her smile. “What do you wanna do first?”

I wasn’t surprised when ‘eat’ was the first thing that came out of , nor was I surprised when ‘watch a movie’ came out next.

Those were the typical Fany answers these days and I really didn’t mind. I even got to pick out the movie this time. I-

“Harry Potter again,” she asked as she walked back in the living room. I hummed.

“Wae? Don’t you like it?” She shook her head.

“I like it Tae but didn’t we watch this last time you picked a movie?”

Uh-oh… busted.

I grinned.

“Maybe?” She laughed. “But I really like it Fany-ah. Can’t we watch it again?”

“Sure,” she thankfully agreed before coming and sitting down beside me. I let her cuddle into me however she pleased before finally starting the master piece that is Harry Potter.

I think she fell asleep a few times, but I made sure to wake her up for the final showdown between Harry and he-who-must-not-be-named.

“What house do you think I’d be sorted into,” she asked as the credits sadly started to run through.

“Gryffindor,” I replied easily. It was no question.

“Really?” I hummed.

“Of course. You’re brave and confident and a lot like Hermione… You’d for sure go to Gryffindor.” She grinned again, obviously pleased with my answer. “What about me?” Now I was curious.

“You?” I nodded, but she just pondered. “Hmm… Slytherin?”

What?! Sylther-

“Slytherin?!? Why Slytherin?”

I mean I never really thought about it myself, but I definitely never thought I’d get placed there!

“Because you’re loyal and mysterious… and childish just like Draco.” I pouted… even though she was kind of right “Hey it’s not always a bad thing pabo,” she said cutely. “Snape was in Slytherin and look how cool he was.”

I guess that was true… and Snape was one of my favorite characters. Hmm, maybe I really was a Slytherin kind of guy after all, who knew?

And if Tiffany was Gryffindor we would totally have the best love story in the whole series. I laughed.

It’d be like a modern, wizarding world version of Romeo and Juliet.

Tiffany and I spent the rest of our day watching different TV shows and just talking… it was so nice. I really needed this.

We talked about everything, seriously. The topics ranged from what house do you think Harry Potter’s kid got sorted into to about how Tiffany’s aunt was doing after her big knee surgery last weekend... which was great.

Apparently she already wanted to get up and try walking even though she definitely wasn’t supposed to yet…

Gotta love that Hwang family spirit… no wonder Tiffany is so determined. Gah.

I set down the board game we decided to play and quickly began setting it up.

“I have to warn you babe,” I teased. “I’m pretty good at this game.” I dumped out the little game pieces and-

“Tae?” I hummed.

Oh my- which one of my idiot members mixed the cads together like this? I was seriously going to kill one of th-

“Taeyeon?”

Huh? I looked up at Tiffany this time and noticed the straight look on her face.

Uh-oh.

“What? What’s wrong?”

Omo!

“Are you okay? Is it the-“

“Ani,” she said as she finally kind of grinned. “Nothing’s wrong.” I let out a deep breath and took her hand in mine on top of the table.

“Good, you scared me babe. You can’t just get serious like that.” She laughed.

“I’m sorry Taetae, I just had a kind of serious question though.”

Oh no…

“What is it?”

I was half scared and half curious… she like never acts like this. What was she-

“Do you want Dukong to be a boy or a girl?”

I let out the deep breath I wasn’t aware I was holding in and I could literally feel my body relaxing.

This girl really needs to work on her approach holy crap... She is bound to give me a heart attack before this baby is born.

“It honestly doesn’t matter to me as long as it’s healthy,” I told her.  I know I’ve been saying from the get go I would prefer a girl, but that just kind of means I want a girl first... then we can have a boy too!  She nodded.

“Okay, but if you had to choose right now would you want a healthy boy or a healthy girl?”

Well if she’s putting it that way then-

“Girl.”

“Why,” she asked immediately. I shrugged.

“I don’t know? Why not?” She gave me a look and I knew I needed to elaborate more… aigo! “I want both babe, but I think having a girl first would be fun… especially if she looks just like you,” I laughed.

Having a mini Miyoung running around decked out in pink like I know she would be would seriously be the cutest thing in the whole world…

“You guys could talk about how much you love the color pink all day long.” Tiffany grinned.

“That’s true. Her whole wardrobe would be pink and you couldn’t stop me,” Tiffany said playfully. It was my turn to laugh now.

“I wouldn’t want to.”

I could see her eyes kind of glossing over, like when she gets really emotional or when she’s about to cry so I definitely needed to change the subject quick. Even if they were happy tears, it still wasn’t fun to see my wife cry… I hated it!

“What about you?”

“Me,” she questioned. I could tell she was a little surprised and that’s how I knew that I said something at the right moment. She would’ve been in tears in approximately twenty seconds if I didn’t say anything. I hummed. “I don’t care either Tae.”

“Aye~,” I held out playfully. “You made me pick.” Her beautiful smile took my breath away and- no seriously. I had to take a deep breath before she finally answered.

“I think I want a boy first.”

“Why,” I said, copying her rapid fire questioning.

“I don’t know! A girl would be good too though, I didn’t even think about all the pink until now babe… I could go wild with it.” I laughed even louder now.

She was too cute.

I couldn’t wait to find out, but I would have to find some way to learn to live with all this pink or I might be the one that ends up going crazy!

_________________________________

 

 

“How was Paris boys?”

“Very fun,” Soo replied.

I had no idea why Lee Sooman asked us all to come to his office this morning, but he better hurry up. I had a seriously important appointment in forty five minutes and I would not be missing it.

“It was nice to take a quick break from filming,” Yuri laughed.

“Yes I bet.. and your outing went fine? No problems?” I nodded.

“Aniyo sir, it went pretty smoothly,” I replied this time. I mean it was obviously hectic, but I think it went the best it could’ve gone given the circumstances. “Thank you for helping us.”

“Hey, it’s no problem. It helped kill those nonsense rumors about Yuri and Im Yoona-ssi and gave you a day off before your schedule takes over.” I nodded.

That was true. The news sites and gossip sites went nuts over our double date and-

Hold up… what did he just say about schedules?

“Yuri your filming ends here in a couple weeks am I right?” He nodded. “Fantastic.”

LSM shuffled around in his papers a little bit before finally explaining what was going on… I was literally on the edge of my seat.

“As you all know the new girl group is set to debut on the 23rd,” he started. I nodded along.

How could anyone not know really? They have been putting out teaser after teaser for weeks about their debut… it’s been ridiculous.

 “And SNSD has their comeback performance on March 16th. We overlapped it with the new girl group promotions just in case.” We all nodded again.

That made sense, I mean they did that with us too… and even with SNSD! Woah… that was weird to think about, but seeing as how SNSD was basically the queen of girl groups anybody that promotes at the same time as them are pretty much guaranteed to get more views. Fans watching the show for SNSD will see them but also the new groups while waiting for their favorite to come on! It was a solid plan.

“I think we’re going to break the news that Tiffany is sitting out of these promotions right after the comeback announcement gets made and we might go ahead and break yours and Tiffany’s pregnancy news while we’re at it,” Lee Sooman said, making my stomach flip. “But that’s a conversation for another day.”

I sighed.

It sure was. I was totally not ready for that chat to happen and I definitely needed to make sure Tiffany was there for it.

“Why I asked you all to be here though is because I had some news to share about your next comeback as well.”

Omo! Is he finally giving Sooyoung and I a date? We knew our subunit comeback was supposed to happen this spring but he really never said when for sure.

 “Because Tiffany will be taking a break for the rest of the year, and of how we expect the public to react, we’re putting your subunit comeback on hold.”

I-

He…

What?! Why?! I felt my stomach drop.

We had been working so hard on that though! Hell we were almost finished. All we had to do was film the MV and rehearse the moves another thousand times and we would be ready to go.. I just-

“Instead we will have a TYS comeback.”

My mouth dropped… literally.

I didn’t believe it.

“I do hate to do this to you all, especially you Yuri, but since the pregnancy news will be a big hit we can only guess how much of an impact that will make on us. To guarantee our place and to show more solidarity we want one of our best groups to comeback and send all their doubts packing,” Lee Sooman explained firmly.

It made sense and it felt great to hear our boss call us one of his best groups, but I was seriously let down… okay not let down but definitely a little disappointed.

Sooyoung and I worked so hard on our album… especially Soo. His singing has improved so much it was incredible! One of SM’s vocal coaches and I had been helping him out a lot with tips and training techniques… the vocal coach even joked one time that if people didn’t know any better they might think he got in SM on his singing talent instead of rapping skill.

I thought it was funny at least…

“I’ll be honest with you,” LSM said frankly. “A lot of the shareholders and management here have really high doubts about you and Tiffany.”

Ouch… that was like a jab to the gut.

“The ones that know about your situation are very weary that TYS and especially SNSD will be able to come back from this news. The marriage wasn’t as big of a deal and having you two on shows and in variety did help get people past that. The public is really starting to support you two and your relationship. Hell, you’ve been called the ‘Nation’s Couple’,” he said enthusiastically. “That’s a big deal but having this baby might be pushing your limits.”

Gah, it’s not like we did this on purpose…

“Fans and people in general love seeing love stories, that’s why there are almost a hundred dramas produced every year. Your story is a good one, but we just don’t know if they’re ready for the next chapter yet. Active idols getting married is uncharted territory here Kim Taeyeon, and you two are taking it even farther.” I nodded again.

It kind of felt like I was getting scolded, but also not at all at the same time… Everything he said was completely true. Before us there weren’t even many idols publicly dating, let alone taking it to the next level… clearly. We were the first ones!

“I’m not trying to scare you or anything Taeyeon,” LSM grinned. “I’m just telling you how it is. We’re going to try to do everything in our power to make the ride go as smooth as it possibly can, but I want you and Tiffany both to be prepared for the bumps you’re bound to hit.” I continued my bobble-head like presence and nodded for what felt like the thousandth time.

“And I appreciate it LSM seonsaengnim. We both do,” I said honestly. Tiffany and I were just talking about it the other day actually. LSM is like a second father to us… er well third now that I actually have a father in law but whatever.

He was always there and looking out for us and it was great to know that.

Part of me knew it was only because SNSD and TYS were two of his top groups and it would be very bad if they both suddenly flopped, but also he has been there since the beginning of our career. He can’t just not care about us at all… right?

I hoped not at least.

He explained a few more things to us before giving us a copy of the demo track and lyrics for the song we would be singing and swiftly sent us on our way with a simple ‘see you tomorrow!’

I internally groaned.

Thank god this was only a mini album.

Sooyoung was equally as disappointed in our sub unit news, but he thought a full comeback was even better and I agreed! I was a little mad I’m not gonna lie, but only because we worked so hard and already prepared so much! It kind of felt like it all went to waste… but having all three of us performing together again was going to be amazing. I couldn’t wait. Yuri on the other hand…

He couldn’t get a break.

He has been filming for his drama almost every day and now he has to practice and record an album too?

Oooh I was so glad I wasn’t good at acting.

I was also glad that I made it home just in time to pick up my brighter than mushrooms Tiffany.

She and her manager got into the van in our parking garage and we were on our way.

“How was your meeting,” Tiffany asked after giving me a quick peck on the cheek.

Aish… stupid managers.

I told her it went well and that instead of a TaeSoo comeback it was going to be a TYS comeback and-

“Jinjja?!” I hummed. “Wow… what about your subunit?”

“I don’t know,” I said with a shrug. “I guess the next time Yuri gets an acting gig we’ll pick it back up.”

I could tell she was a little mad for some reason, but when she wrapped her arms around mine and scooted even closer to me I think I understood why… it also could’ve been the pout she was now wearing and the words ‘now you’re going to going to spend even more time at SM’ that came out of but that’s just a guess!

I tried to comfort her a little, even though she was being silly and- Omo! I almost forgot.

She always does this to distract me I swear!

“Do you feel okay today?” I felt her nod.

“Mmhm… why?” I laughed.

“I’m just asking. You made me forget to ask you by asking me how my meeting went.” She grinned back at me.

“Whoops sorry… but I feel okay Taetae. Just anxious… nervous.”

I seconded that… and third, and fourth-ed… Is that even a word?

Never mind. It probably wasn’t, but I really was that nervous.

We were on our way to another doctor’s appointment for Dukong and it was making me jittery! I couldn’t wait to see her! Or I guess him if Tiffany gets her wish… which I hope she didn’t.

I’ll love it the same no matter what it is obviously… but I just really want a girl first!

Today they were going to do another ultrasound too to see if they can find the gender and I was kind of freaking out!

WAH!

“Yah,” Tiffany said with a nudge. “Did you hear me?”

Oh god.

“No,” I shook my head. “Sorry, what did you say?” she sighed.

“I asked how you were… you know about today?” I hummed.

“I can’t wait.”

 Unfortunately waiting is just what we did though. We waited for the doctor to come in the room for about an hour and a half.

Okay, so it was only about five minutes but it seriously felt that long! I don’t know how Tiffany was so calm.

The nurse came in first to take her blood pressure and weight and all those kinds of things, but then it was back to waiting.

Tiffany wasn’t saying anything either and that was never a good sign.

“Whatcha thinking about,” I asked after giving her hand a quick squeeze. Her lips curled up.

“I have no idea,” she softly chuckled. “My mind just went blank.” I had to smile.

“Are you nervous?” She hummed.

“I really want to see it Tae, I want to stop calling it ‘it’ too,” she laughed. “It just sounds so impersonal, don’t you think?” I nodded.

I definitely agreed with that.

“Hopefully we’ll find out today Fany-ah.” I watched her nod.

“I hope so too… I love you Taeyeon.” My heart overflowed with warmth and I just had to kiss her. I stood up and pushed my lips against hers but quickly pulled away… just in case the doctor walked in on us.

That would be weird.

“I love you too Stephanie,” I said. “Thank you so much.” She pursed her lips together in her beautifully shy smile and I was blown away yet again.

I pushed a loose piece of hair behind her ear and prayed again that our kid look like her… gah. It would-

Wait…

Actually maybe it shouldn’t look like her… if our little human came up to me with those same crescent eyes and perfect little smile I think I’d give in every single time it asked for something.

Heol… I felt my cheeks moving up just thinking about it and-

Crap. This kid already had me wrapped around it’s little finger and I haven’t even met it yet!

I was totally doomed.

The sound of the door opening brought me back from my sudden realization and I swiftly stood to greet the doctor.

“Ah ne, hello,” Dr. Ha said. “How are you two this morning?”

“Excited,” Tiffany replied first. I hummed.

“Very excited.” She laughed.

“Yes, you should be! We’re going to take another look at your little guy or girl and hopefully figure out which one to call it.” Tiffany and I both grinned as the butterflies in my stomach took off!

Dr. Ha then had Tiffany lie back on the table and lift her shirt over her tummy. I watched her stomach as she wiggled her yoga pants down just a few inches and could not believe.

She was showing.

She was showing!

Tiffany’s tummy was sticking out just enough and I was so proud!

Gah~! I… I put that there! That’s my little person inside of her growing and growing and-

Omo, I think I was gonna have a heart attack. My heart was racing and I think it got even faster when the doctor put that weird gel on her stomach once again.

“Okay, should we get started?” We nodded our heads in record time and I couldn’t take my eyes off the little monitor.

She moved the wand thing in the gel a little bit and-

Oh my god.

“Wahh,” Tiffany sounded as the faint picture of our baby came into view… It was like a high pitched sound wave but it was exactly how I felt too.

“It actually looks like a baby,” I accidently said aloud.

I mean not that it didn’t last time, but this time it looked even more like a baby! The body had grown a little more this time so it looked more proportionate than it did before when it sort of looked like an alien… Sorry Dukong. At least you were a cute alien…

“Yes, the baby is a lot bigger this time huh,” Dr. Ha said cheerfully. Tiffany nodded and I could see her eyes glistening over once again.

Ugh, she was too beautiful. Her smile was huge and she really looked like she could start crying at any second but-

“Okay, now here’s its head here,” the doctor said, taking all my attention away from Tiffany.

Sorry babe, I can take care of you later. This was our baby’s time!

Dr. Ha took a still shot of the head for us to take home and then moved on.

“And here’s the heart,” she added after sliding the wand down just a fraction. She zoomed in or something so we could hear it’s heartbeat but that just me more excited to know! “It sound good too. I don’t see any abnormalities there so let’s move down to- You do want to know the gender correct? I just assumed earlier but if you don’t I can skip that an-“

“No,” Tiffany said adamantly. “We want to know.” I nodded along with my wife’s words and looked back at the screen.

“Okay then,” she said happily. “Do you have any guesses on what it is?” I laughed.

“Kind of… My mom thinks it’s going to be a boy since Tiffany has been craving more salty foods.”

I really don’t know where that theory came from or if that’s even like… real, but she told me that’s what her and my dad think for now.

“And Taeyeon wants it to be a girl so he keeps telling her she’s wrong,” Tiffany said with a huge grin. Doctor Ha laughed.

“Your parents must be from the country side,” she smiled. “I’ve very rarely heard that way to tell.”

We laughed again, but when she finally begun showing us little Dukong’s legs I froze.

Oh my god.

This is it! This is-

“Here’s one leg coming out, see,” Dr. Ha asked as she pointed at the monitor. “And the foot.”

I nodded along, but I really wanted to yell ‘HURRY UP’.

Dukong’s tiny little foot and toes were really freaking cute I’ll give her that, but I was ten thousand percent more interested in looking a little higher up first.

“And if we look just a little higher we should be able to see-“

OH… my god.

We were definitely able to see.

“Heol,” I said in amazement. Tiffany squeezed my hand, but I couldn’t take my eyes off of the screen.

It… she-

“Yes,” Dr. Ha chuckled. “It looks like your mother was right Kim Taeyeon-ssi. You’re having a boy, congratulations!”

I almost asked her if she was sure, but just looking at the screen I knew she was. That was hard to miss.

I-

She…

“It’s a boy,” Tiffany said from beside me. I could feel my heart going even faster and my stomach flipping like an acrobat as I looked down at my wife’s close lipped smile and crinkly chin.  I was probably going to pass out. It- he- oh my gosh.

I don’t have to say ‘it’ ever again!

It’s a he! Dukong is a boy!

Oh my god.

Oh my GOD.

“Fany-ah,” I said finally. “We have a boy.”

I wiped away a small tear that was falling down my Tiffany’s cheek before almost having to wipe away my own. I could feel myself getting choked up and I started to wonder why I even wanted a girl first at all!

Having a boy will be awesome! They’re probably easier than girls based on how crazy Hayeon was growing up now that I think about it… and they have cooler toys… and he will totally give me an excuse to play with them all while also playing with my him!

Holy sh-

I have a son.

I think I repeated that in my head about seven hundred more times as Dr. Ha took another picture of the uhm… evidence that it was a boy and a few other cute body parts of his. It didn’t take her much longer to explain Tiffany’s results from the last test to see if our little boy was healthy and soon after that our appointment was over!

It was kind of annoying that I couldn’t take a picture of it and send it to my parents right away, but due to a bunch of other idol’s phones getting hacked recently I didn’t want to risk it.

They got Yuri last week, but thankfully he didn’t really ever do anything besides work. I think he had a few pictures from our bowling date on there and text messages from a handful of people, but it was still nothing really to cause a scandal. The press even said his messages to Jessica were pretty boring.

I guess they don’t know that they usually use Kakao talk, but that was probably a good thing.

Instead of texting or messaging my parents though we would just have to wait until we get home to video call them… their reactions might be pretty hilarious too. I might have to record it…

Crap. Did that make me a bad person?

Aigo~ I Tiffany was right. I’m totally a Slytherin…

_________________________________

 

 

“Taeyeon,” I called down the hall.

No reply.

“Taeyeon, Taeyeon, Tae, Taey-“

“What,” he finally replied as he peaked his head out of the kitchen. I laughed.

He was too cute when he was annoyed.

“I think it came.” His expression immediately changed and he looked like he had just seen a ghost after winning the lottery. Gah he was handsome…

“Jinjja?” I hummed. “Omo, come on,” he said before taking the newly received package out of my hands. “Let’s open it.”

I followed behind him a little faster than usual to the kitchen and waited for him to grab a knife.

Trust me; he wasn’t going to let me open it. He won’t let me carry a box that weighs no more than ten pounds let alone let me use sharp things. He said it was okay if I was sitting but standing up and using them was dangerous…

Oh Taeyeon.

He sliced through the tape on all ends and his face lit up when he pulled out the first item.

“It really came,” he marveled. My heart swelled.

Okay, so that was probably the cutest thing I’ve seen all week.

Taeyeon’s soft smile as he held up the first little onesie we picked out together for Dukong was enough to make me cry… also the hormones didn’t help. Ugh…

After we came home from the doctor I immediately went on my laptop and started looking at clothes. Taeyeon wouldn’t let me buy anything before since we didn’t know if it was a boy or girl and I was thankful he did. I’d probably have a full wardrobe for our little Dukong by now if I hadn’t been put in check.

I had over two hundred dollars’ worth of stuff in my cart after being on one website for fifteen minutes… It wasn’t my fault baby clothes are even cuter than adult clothes!

We didn’t buy all of it because I knew we still had months to shop for our little prince… but we still got a few little things. Taeyeon even got into it too toward the end!

I was surprised with some of his picks because they were pretty stinking cute and then others surprised me for all the wrong reasons.

For example he picked out this long sleeve white and gray stripped onesie with black accents and it was seriously cute. Taeyeon said we should get that one because, and I quote, ‘it has swag’. I didn’t disagree, but I definitely disagreed with his addition to at least five separate onesies with hoods that had various different animal ears on them.

I wish I were joking.

One was a fox, one was a cat, a dog, some form of dinosaur, and even an elephant…

I let him get the dog one because it was pretty cute and the ears didn’t look ridiculous, but I told him we could get the others next time.

I really hope he forgets.

“Waah look how cute this is Fany,” he said excitedly as he held up said dog eared onesie. “He’s gonna wear this all the time.” I grinned.

“Hmm-mm~! He’s going to wear this one all the time,” I said, pointing out my favorite of the bunch. I looked at a few of the other things we bought Dukong, like some little socks and hats and I literally could not believe my life right now.

This was all so crazy.

I Stephanie Hwang was now Stephanie Kim… I’m married to one of the most attractive men in the world and I have his child growing within me. Five years ago I could have not pictured this at all. Like even if future me came back in time and told me that this would all be happening I would’ve thought that future me needed to lay off the drugs because wow.

This was just so ridiculous yet so perfect.

I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else than right here now right now.

“Tae?” He hummed as he admired a teeny tiny little sock. “This is like unbelievable right?”

“What how tiny this sock is? I know babe look I-“

“No,” I laughed… even though that was also pretty unbelievable. “Us.” He looked up.

“What? Why,” he asked frantically. “Are you having second thoughts because I don’t think- oww Fany-ah that hurts!”

Good, I thought internally. How could he even think I had second thoughts about any of this?!

“Well don’t think like that pabo! Why would you even think I was thinking like that?” He looked dumbstruck.

“I dunno,” he shrugged. “Maybe I did deserve that pinch.” I hummed.

YA THINK, I wanted to yell… but I decided to keep it a little calmer.

“You did.” He grinned and wrapped his arms around me causing all that momentary anger to just melt away. I leaned into him and it felt so nice. Why couldn’t we just cuddle all day? I know Dukong loved it too.

Taeyeon had to go film for Immortal Song tonight though so I would be spending yet another evening by myself. I would ask the girls to come over, but I know they’re all working hard to perfect the choreography and revision of the song since I won’t be performing it with them. I thought about even asking Sooyoung or Yuri to come hangout with me because they were pretty much like brothers at this point, but they were doing the same! They might even be working harder actually. I knew Taeyeon came home exhausted every single night.

I felt bad that my Taetae was working so hard while I was literally at home eating Cheetos, but I’ve been trying to be awake when he gets home so we can see each other’s faces and talk for a bit before he crashes.

“Omo,” Taeyeon gasped. I jumped from the sheer loudness of it. “Fany-ah I just thought about something.” I hummed.

“What?” I leaned back a little to read his face, but I couldn’t tell where he was going with this.

Ohh goodness~!

“We don’t have anywhere to put Dukong’s stuff.” I-

Oh my gosh. I had to stop and think for a second but he was totally right… we didn’t.

I mean we had an empty dresser in our guest rooms, but almost nothing else for him. Oh my… that just made me realize all the other things we needed to get for him too!

A crib was first on the list for sure but I don’t think I could buy one of those online… I’d have to see it in person so I could pick the perfect one for my little boy. It would have to match the theme for his room too… but we haven’t even decided which room would be his… or a theme!

Oh my gosh.

“Taeyeon we are so behind. We have so much to do in so little time!” he laughed.

“Fany-ah we’ll get there. Stop worrying, you’ll stress him out too.” I took a deep breath.

I knew he was right but my pregnancy was almost half over and we only have about ten things total for our Dukong. He-

“After the news comes out and it dies down a little I was hoping we’d be able to go Dukong shopping here,” Tae said softly. “In actual stores… like a normal couple.”

My momentary panicking came to an end after hearing that and all I could do was wrap myself around him again. Ugh I love him. He always knew exactly what to say to put my mind at ease.

I don’t know if we’ll actually get to go shopping like a normal couple here, but hearing him say that gave me hope! I knew even if we weren’t able to that we were definitely going to try.

Now all we had to do was wait for the news to come out and hope for the best.

Unfortunately we didn’t have to wait too long though.

I could’ve definitely put this off for a few more days, but the exciting news of our comeback was announced last night… and everything else would soon follow.

We went to SM a couple days ago to talk to LSM and a few more of the higher up people in our company about how all this was going to go down, but they already had a clean cut plan for us to follow. It was kind of a relief, but also kind of a mess.

They wanted to release our comeback news, a statement that I would not be performing with SNSD at all, and the fact that I’m pregnant all within twenty four hours.

All of that news in just one day?

ONE?

I thought it was kind of mean to do that to our fans, but after one of the older women sitting beside LSM explained their reasoning it kind of made sense.

She said that they thought if all the news items came out right after another the impact of them all together would lessen the impact of a single one… if that made sense?

Whatever!

Taeyeon and I both agreed to it all, but when they talked about how they wanted to tell everyone about Dukong I had to stop them.

They wanted to hold a press conference and just straight up tell everyone that I’m pregnant! LSM said that they would talk about how I’m not leaving SNSD and that I would definitely be back, but I just thought that all sounded so ridiculous. Taeyeon agreed too.

He knew this had to happen and that we had to tell the fans the truth, but it shouldn’t be like this.

Instead of everyone hearing an impersonal cookie-cutter statement from some guy in the company I probably didn’t even know, I think they should hear it from me and that’s exactly what I told LSM.

He didn’t like it at first, but I wasn’t going to give up. Actually I had already made up my mind that if he didn’t say we could I would go home and do it anyway! After about five minutes of Taeyeon and I both insisting though, he finally gave in.

We had to agree to let them give a statement to the press after I tell everyone, but that was an okay tradeoff to me!

I just hoped it was enough for my fans.

“Have you checked yet,” Taeyeon asked as he walked in the room. I shook my head.

“I don’t want to.”

He sat beside me and somehow read my mind once again.

“Do you wanna go for a drive?”

I really loved him so much… Ugh, I don’t think I could’ve done this with any other person.

Taeyeon was one of a kind and I was so glad he was mine.

He snuggly held my hand on the way to the car and when we stepped into the parking garage I was surprised how nice it was outside.

Maybe this was a sign…

Ugh, yes. A drive around Seoul with my amazing husband was definitely what I needed right now.

It took my mind off of everything for a while as we just drove hand in hand, but when my best friend Sunny sent me a text with a link followed by ‘have you seen it yet’, it all came crashing back like the waves in California… I had to open it.

Here goes nothing.

 

QNqS7Gb.jpg

 

_________________________________

WOO!

DADADA~it's a boy~!

Sorry to all you 'girl' voters out there^^
I hope you can still enjoy baby Dukong at his cutest!

Thank you all for reading, subscribing , and commenting too!
It means so much <33333333333

ps. I didn't edit this one as much as I usually do, so please don't hate me if there are too many mistakes :[