Selca

Into the New World: Together

 

 

 

Tiffany had been quiet since she read the article and I didn’t want to ask her to read it aloud so I quickly tried to find somewhere I could park and read it myself. We had been driving for about thirty minutes along the Han River and thankfully there was a little park like area coming up on the right. I pulled into the parking lot and found a space far away from the other car that was there… just to be sure.

The place looked pretty empty though so I wasn’t too worried about people seeing us anyway.

I unbuckled my seat belt and then grabbed Tiffany’s phone from the cup holder in which she left it. Since she already had the article pulled up I thought it’d be easier than finding it on my phone.

After typing in the passcode the phone let me in and just like I figured, the page was right there!

Tiffany’s beautiful face was the main picture and that made me smile a little, but as I kept reading it quickly faded. It wasn’t that it was badly written or anything, actually I thought that they did a pretty good job… but it was just the fact that this was actually happening.

Everyone would know that we’re having a baby in less than six hours.

There surprisingly weren’t any ridiculous rumors thrown in the article or even any hate toward Tiffany for missing the schedules she has… heck most of the comments were even pretty understanding. A lot of people were worried it seemed, but I guess that’s a given since they blamed her absence on health reasons… which wasn’t a total lie.

She really wouldn’t have been able to promote for this. Not only would she have probably put herself and our child in danger, but she probably just wouldn’t be able to physically stand it. She already falls asleep all the time on me mid conversation. Gah, if she wasn’t so worried right now I’m sure the long drive would have knocked her out cold.

Oh well… all in all I don’t think this article was that bad. I don’t think the reaction to this one alone will be very crazy either seeing how everyone is more so worried for her than mad, but I was pretty worried about the next one… I know people are going to be surprised, that’s obvious… it’s just all the other emotions I was worried about. Tiffany didn’t need any more hate then she was already getting, but I knew it was coming…

Ugh. Let’s just be thankful this article didn’t start the hate train early.

“It’s not that bad,” I told my silent wife. “They could’ve said way wor-“

“Are you serious Kim Taeyeon,” Tiffany questioned angrily. I froze.

Oh god. Did I say something wrong? I just-

“My career is like over and it’s ‘not that bad’?”

“What,” I accidently laughed. I knew I shouldn’t have laughed when she was this angry but I couldn’t help it. What she said was just so…so… extra!

Her career obviously wasn’t over, she was SNSD! Even if having our baby caused her to lose half her fans she’d still have more than almost every other girl group out there combined… Besides this article didn’t even mention anything about a baby! Except for one of the speculations that a baby could be the reason of course, but that didn’t count!

As far as everyone in the world knows right now Tiffany was just sick, or exhausted, or… whatever would excuse her from promoting! There was no actual mention of a baby yet so I don’t know why she’s acting like this… She really needed to calm down.

“It really isn’t that bad yet babe, you don’t need to worry about thi- What? Tiffany! No,” I said as my very pissed off wife exited the vehicle.

Before I could say anything else though, she was already out the door and walking swiftly away from me.

Great.

Good going Kim Taeyeon.

I quickly got out of the car as well and made sure to grab the keys. I heard it beep as I hit the lock button and then I successfully caught up to Tiffany with no problem… She also wasn’t moving very fast, but I’ll still call it a success.

“Tiffany,” I said as I grabbed her hand. “I-“

She shook it off and continued walking down the trail in the park, leaving me frozen in place yet again.

Ow I really screwed up this time. She never gets this mad.

Part of me felt horrible, but the other part of me just wanted to make her see it from my point of view. She really had nothing to worry about… yet.

I caught up to her again, but this time I stopped in front of her so she had to look at me.

“Tiffany I-“

“Move.”

Well okay then…

“No,” I defended my position. I wasn’t going to let her get this mad at me for something not worth it. She sighed and tried to step around me, but I got in her way again.

“Ugh, move Taeyeon. I’m serious.” Her eyes had fire behind them, but I couldn’t give in.

“I know, and I am too. I’m not moving.” She puffed air out forcibly through her nose like a dragon and clenched her jaw. I gulped.

For a second there I thought she was really about to punch me, but when I saw the little crinkle in her chin I really knew what was going on here.

Aigo… My Tiffany!

Why does she always keep herself so bottled up this this? Her head was really going to explode one day…

“Move,” she managed to say again with a firm voice. I shook my head.

I couldn’t do that… instead of moving out of the way I took a step closer and wrapped my arms tightly around her. She used her hands to try to push me away, but I didn’t budge… I don’t think she was trying very hard either but still a win in my book!

 “Tae get off me,” she demanded. Aigo~!

“Hmm-mm nope,” I hummed. I tightened my hold a little and snuggled into her even more.

“Taeyeon please,” she said as her tiny hands pressed on my stomach once again. I heard her voice starting to crack and knew I was right.

Tiffany was mad no doubt, I totally shouldn’t have laughed at her but I don’t think this was just her being mad though. To me it seemed like there were about twenty different emotions swirling inside her triggering one after another and me laughing just happened to set it off.

This probably wasn’t going to make her less mad either since I knew Tiffany also hated to cry in front of people because it was ‘embarrassing’ or something… but was she really worried about what I would think? I had to chuckle again.

I have seen sides of Stephanie Hwang I didn’t even know existed and I haven’t wanted to blink once, does she really think more tears would send me packing?

Aigo~! My Tiffany was one funny girl.

______________________________________

 

 

Taeyeon was so annoying sometimes, but I had to love him no matter what. I don’t think I could stop even if I tried… I mean I didn’t want to stop obviously but- Ugh, whatever.

That idiot made me cry right in the middle of this random park I have never even been to before and I was so embarrassed.

Okay so he didn’t make me, but STILL! What if someone saw me?! Oh my-

I was just thankful that when Taeyeon saw some ahjumma coming down the path behind me, he led us to a safer location for me to cry my eyes out in instead. That could’ve been bad.

It wasn’t really any more secluded than before, actually I think it might be more in the open but there were literally zero people here. There were a couple of older people walking on the trail around the park, but there wasn’t a soul at this skate park area that was a bit off the main path. I’m sure from afar we just looked like any random couple… I hoped so at least.

“Are you okay now,” Taeyeon asked softly.  I nodded. Once I totally embarrassed myself by full out crying in public, I started to realize just how silly I was being.

I mean I still felt a little embarrassed but that wasn’t going away any time soon.

“I’m sorry again babe, I-“

“Aye~ don’t be sorry Fany-ah. It’s okay. I’m afraid too but we just have to wait and see what happens… We can’t go crazy until we know we need to,” he laughed. I nodded.

He was right… and he was right about the article too. I don’t know exactly why that got me so worked up, but I felt really bad for storming out on him like that. His laughing surely didn’t help the situation, but I think that was mainly fuel to the fire that already started within me. I think I thought he wasn’t taking me seriously or something and it just made everything worse. Ugh!

I should’ve known that Taeyeon wouldn’t do that when it actually mattered, but something inside of me just flipped.

 I blame the hormones!

I knew he was right though after he explained his reasoning and I honestly didn’t even think about it that way.

Right now people just thought I was taking a break. Idols do it all the time!

Okay well not really all the time and they almost never sit out of promotions unless they’re seriously hurt… I mean I had to sit out when I hurt my knee because I couldn’t dance but Sooyoung had to keep performing with a hurt arm.

I guess it was better for the fans to think the worst first before realizing I’m just pregnant, right? I mean… Well maybe n-

“Do you want to listen to our new song,” Tae asked out of the blue. I- wait…

“Huh? You already recorded your song?” He quickly nodded.

“Yup. We have almost all of it recorded now I think.”

“Heol…,” I let myself be amazed. It hasn’t been very long and they’re already almost done?  

He really has been working hard.

“Yah~, it’s not that big of a deal. Don’t act like that,” he laughed. “We haven’t done like anything else and I can’t remember the choreography for crap.”

“That’s still really good Tae. I’m proud of you,” I admitted. I really was too.

He was taking care of me and Dukong, recording an album and variety shows, and still calm about everything that’s happening with the fans finding out about our baby… Ugh, he is something else.

What would I do without him?

Hopefully nothing ever… I actually didn’t even want to think about it.

“Aye~,” he held out bashfully. “Yuri’s part isn’t even in the song yet, but I’ll still let you listen to it… if you want?” I eagerly nodded.

“Of course I want to Taetae.” He grinned and started working something out of his front pocket.

I knew he was only letting me listen to an unfinished version of the song to help me get my mind off the uh… situation we’re in, but I didn’t mind at all. A few minutes of not thinking about anything other than his song would probably really help clear my mind… and I just really wanted to hear my husband’s new song anyway. I’m sure I’ll love it just as much as his others, if not more!

Taeyeon gave me one of the headphones that were plugged into the iPod he pulled from his pocket and I eagerly waited.

“Ready,” he asked cutely after scrolling a little. I nodded.

He hit play and the song started loud and it sounded intense… but something in my brain just couldn’t focus on it. I heard Taeyeon’s smooth voice and he even sang in English a little, but I just kept thinking about how all of my fans think I’m seriously hurt right now… Omo!

They’re probably totally worried too; I mean why else would I be sitting out of the promotions?

Oh my gosh… and that was the best SM could come up with? For my health? Seriously?! Why didn’t I think about this earlier?!

Everyone is going to be so mad when they find out I’m only pregnant… it might even make it worse! Oh my god. My mind went into panic mode again.

What do I do? What could I do for all that matters? It’s not like I had much power…

I asked myself again at least three more times before it hit me.

Something deep down inside of me knew what I had to do, but I was petrified… I-

“Fany-ah?” Oh my gosh… I was also not paying attention to Taeyeon’s song at all. “Are you okay? You-” I hummed.

“Sorry Tae, I just…,” I paused. I had to let him know. “I-I just think we should tell everyone… about Dukong.” Taeyeon nodded.

“We-“

“Now.” He froze.

“Now?” I nodded. “But SM doesn’t want us to do it for another few hours or so Fany, shouldn’t we wait?” I shook my ‘no’ head this time.

“I don’t think I can Tae… I just feel so bad or like guilty or something.” Crap, I could feel myself getting more and more worked up about this too. “Everyone thinks I’m hurt right now Taeyeon. Don’t you think they’ll feel betrayed or like lied to when I come out and say ‘oh just kidding everyone, I’m not hurt. I’m just having a baby’?” He nodded, but didn’t say anything.

He looked into my eyes for probably about ten seconds straight before he finally spoke.

“If that’s really what you think, let’s do it.”

Something about what he said gave me butterflies, but I had to make sure he was ready too. I couldn’t handle having him and my whole fan base hating me at once.

“Do you want to tell everyone now or should we just wait Tae? I don’t want to if you don’t want to.” He grinned before placing a quick kiss on my forehead.

“I want to do whatever you want to do babe. It’s up to you.” I nodded with my newfound warmth.

That settles it then…

“Let’s do it.”

We decided a while ago that we were going to post a cute selca of us on Instagram for the big reveal, since that was the best outlet for my fans only, but now we just needed a cute selca.

Ugh, we really should’ve taken one in advance…

“How about this one,” Taeyeon asked as he pointed to a picture in my phone. That genius left his in the car and didn’t want to go get it. I guess I did take way more pictures of us than he did anyway…

Whatever, all I know is that we couldn’t use that picture.

“I look like I’m half asleep Tae.” He laughed.

“Because you were.” I sighed. He was killing me…

“Let’s find a good one Taeyeon, okay?”

I needed to post this picture ASAP so this ginormous weight would lift off of me. I seriously felt so bad. Everyone was worrying for no reason. I wasn’t hurt even a little!

UGH, we should have never blamed it on my health… stupid SM. We should have just said the truth.

I looked through my pictures some more and found a couple that could work, but each of them had a tiny little flaw in it that I don’t think I wanted the world to see… I was already opening up myself to a whole new world of hate and I didn’t need any help. Taeyeon being clearly shirtless in one of the pictures was definitely a big no no.

I could already see the comments now. ‘No wonder you’re pregnant, get out of bed!’

Ughh, I cringed just thinking about it.

Moving on to the next few pictures I didn’t find anything useful either… I mean not to brag but most of our selcas were cute, however this one needed to be perfect.

Clean, cute, and nothing too much… It had to be just right and it-

“Why don’t we just take one now,” Taeyeon asked from beside me. “We’re kind of already wearing couple outfits too, aren’t we?”

Huh? Now?

Heol… I didn’t even think about that- nor did I realize just how ‘couple-ly’ we look today until right now.

Oh my gosh.

Taeyeon was wearing a pretty basic outfit with jeans and a white t-shirt and I was wearing almost the same exact thing. My shirt wasn’t really a t-shirt, but it was white and my pants were jeans however they were just a special kind of pregnancy jeans my sister sent me from NYC. It wasn’t exact but it was very, very similar. I was actually kind of impressed to be honest. We didn’t even try to dress the same this time, but it just kind of happened!

This had to be a sign, right?

 “Look I even wore my TaeNy hat today,” Tae said as he pointed to his snapback that had two big letter ‘T’s embroidered on it. I had no idea what it actually stood for but I think I liked his version more anyway. “One for me, one for you,” he laughed causing me to grin even more.

This might actually work… oh my gosh. Were we really about to do this?!

“You do look pretty handsome today Taetae,” I admitted. “But do I look okay? And no cute answers Kim Taeyeon,” I ordered. “I was just crying. You can’t tell me I look perfect.” He grinned.

“But you do look perfect… except for this little smudge right here,” he said before he his thumb and wiped it right at the corner of my eye.

That made me feel so warm I could feel my cheeks turning red, but I loved it. I loved him. Ugh, he took care of me so well…

“Okay,” he said a few wipes later. “You look perfect now.” I grinned. “But it’d be even better if your hair was all to this side,” he said as he moved it all on the side closest to him. “It’ll show off your pretty neck line.”

“You think so,” I asked semi amused by how adorable he was being right now. He hummed.

“Of course Fany-ah.” He my hair a few more times as he was trying to get all of my stay strands to one side and I could not feel more loved.

He was so gentle yet thorough that it literally sent tingles within me. I loved the feeling of his hands in my hair, but this was something else.

UGH.

He better hurry up or I might have to pounce on him. No- wait… the picture!

Right…

I my phone’s camera to distract myself, but when I held it up to check the lighting all I could see was Taeyeon’s cutely furrowed brows and his focused eyes on me. It sent me over the edge and I couldn’t fight the smile back any longer.  

He was perfect.

When he turned and I caught his surprised face on camera it made it about twenty times better too! Gah! This has made me feel so much better already. I seriously couldn’t wait to post our announcement.

Sure I was scared and nervous and about any other bad adjective, but I created a child with the man I love the most and I couldn’t wait to tell the whole world.

 “Omo, I didn’t know you were already taking pictures,” he chuckled. “I wasn’t even ready.” I hummed.

“I know, but you were really cute though.” Taeyeon’s smile grew.

“Whatever,” he mumbled. “Let’s take a real picture now.” I smirked.

“That was the real picture babe, it looks good enough for me.” Even though it was a pretty funny picture I knew it wasn’t the right one to use for this… it was just so much fun to though.

“Yah,” he laughed. “I wasn’t even looking for real! At least let me take one where I’m looking,” he playfully whined.

“Okay, okay fine,” I played along. “One more.”

That one turned into five and that five quickly turned into twenty.

I wanted to take a handful so I had more to choose from at once, but I think I even went a little overboard…

Whoops~!

After looking through them though, I was glad I did.

There were a couple in which Taeyeon was blinking, one where I was caught with one eye open and one closed and another where Taeyeon’s face wasn’t even in the frame because he jumped up to chase a bug away from me. It was a picture of me smiling and Taeyeon’s blurry body beside me.

Aigo~!

After I deleted those and took a quick glance through the rest of the pictures, I think we really only needed one more after all. The first one we took was my favorite, but I don’t even know why… okay, so maybe I did.

Taeyeon was looking at me via the phones screen and I was doing a weird thing with my chin but something about this photo called out to me.

I loved how he was looking at me instead of the camera and if that wasn’t the exact image I was hoping to give off with this picture I don’t know what was. Taeyeon would rather look at me than the camera for one of the most important pictures in our lives right now… doesn’t that just scream love?

He could’ve looked a little better if he looked at the camera, but he didn’t care. He was watching me!

Ugh, if I didn’t feel loved yet this would have sent me above and beyond… I was floating above cloud nine.

 We both looked generally happy in the picture despite being low key terrified too and this was exactly the impression that I wanted to give off with this post that may or may not change our lives.

Now we just needed to come up with a fantastic caption that didn’t sound too formal… or too casual for that matter.

It needed to be just right… UGH.

Why did this have to be so difficult?

______________________________________

 

 

“Oh my gosh! Unnie~,” Seohyun said first as Tiffany and I stepped into the room at SM. I caught Jessica’s look in the mirror and saw Sunny and- wait.

Sooyoung was here too?

Never mind. Of course he was. He was probably downstairs recording when the news came out.

Tiffany let go of my hand to hug the maknae, but once they separated it was snugly back in mine. I grinned. She’s been in a weird mood ever since she posted the picture to Instagram and I couldn’t quite figure it out.

She was quiet but still kinda talkative and she didn’t seem worried or scared or anything like before but she also hasn’t let go of me for more than a few seconds ever since… not that I was complaining or anything. I figured more than anything she was just anxious… as was I. Nervous too for that matter.

I wanted to know what our fans were saying about us but at the same time I think I needed to wait like a week for it to cool down.

“What did my uncle say,” Sunny asked as we got closer to the rest of the group.

“Surprisingly not much,” Tiffany replied. Sunny’s brows raised.

I was surprised too but I think I was still more blown away that it only took two minutes for SM to find out what Tiffany did that that didn’t shock me at all. I mean I wasn’t surprised they did, but it was pretty incredible right? Gah, they must be watching everyone’s SNS accounts like a hawk.

We got a very hasty phone call from LSM himself almost as soon as we reached our car back at the park and were told to immediately come to SM.

I was a little scared I’m not gonna lie. He didn’t sound very happy on the phone and when Tiffany and I walked into his office hand in hand half an hour later he still wasn’t too pleased.

Tiffany explained to her members how he scolded us for posting the picture too early but then said something about how he figured the early post won’t matter too much since the news was coming out today anyway…

Ugh. It was actually really confusing when he said that. I honestly still don’t even know if we were in trouble or not... we aren’t, right?

AISH.

She also mentioned how he told us that the phones have been ringing literally nonstop since we posted the photo and that he said even after they gave multiple news sites SM’s official statement over the matter they still wouldn’t stop.

After he said that though I felt kind of… I don’t know, useless? I mean the official comment confirming Tiffany’s pregnancy is out there and I couldn’t do anything about it.

I couldn’t protect my wife from this even if I tried. All I could do now was hope that the fans didn’t disown us.

Would that be enough though?

I didn’t think so, but I had to try to think positive for both of us because I knew Tiffany was probably thinking the worst. 

Tiffany then told everyone that LSM asked us to stay here at the company for the rest of the day ‘just in case’.

“For safety and convenience,” I added. Everyone looked right at me- what the- “What that’s what LSM said.” Tiffany grinned.

“Mm,” she hummed. “I think they want to keep us here incase things get too out of hand.”

“Or just in case they need to do a real press conference,” Sunny added. “I’ve gotten about fifty texts from people asking me if it’s real too.” My jaw dropped.

FIFTY? It’s only been like an hour since we posted it!

“Jinjja?!” She nodded, as did Jessica, Sooyoung, and even Seohyun.

Heol… did that mean they all got a bunch of texts too?

“Haven’t you got a ton?” I felt Tiffany shrug beside me.

“I don’t know. Taeyeon took my phone so I wouldn’t get online and look at the comments.” I hummed.

“And I turned them both off so I have no idea.”

I felt our phones buzz a bunch on the way back to SM so at one of the red lights I powered them both off. I didn’t want to fight the urge to read them while I was driving or let Tiffany read them at all yet… just to be safe. I didn’t want her to read all the bad comments at once and feel bad again… I’ve had enough of her crying today. The next time she does I’ll probably start crying too. Ugh I hated to see her like that.

“Yah,” Tiffany said with a firm elbow in my ribs… OW, jesus! Maybe she did deserve to cry a little- No. Never mind. She definitely didn’t deserve that. “Why would you do that?! What if something happened and we needed to use them?” I smiled through the pain at her worried expression, but she was being silly.

“But we didn’t need to and everyone that texted us for sure knows the truth now since SM confirmed it.” She shook her head at me and then gently caressed where she had just elbowed.

“I’m sorry babe,” she said softly. “It was an impulse.” I kissed her forehead.

Aigoo~! Tiffany is the exact opposite of ‘think before you act’.

“So you want us to tell everyone that it is true,” Seohyun asked, bringing me back. I nodded. Right!

“Ah, yeah go-“

“Oh… were we not supposed to before,” Jessica asked. “Because I’ve been doing that literally the whole time.” Tiffany laughed and I had to too. Jessica’s expression was too funny.

“No, it’s fine Jessi. They’re going to figure out sooner or later.” I felt her tighten her hold on my hand and I grinned along.

Even though I was kinda terrified and extremely nervous about the news coming out in the open like this, I was really happy it did.

I hated not being able to talk about it anywhere but behind closed doors with Tiffany or my members and I couldn’t wait to have another reason to talk about my wife being so amazing on variety shows and interviews.

A part of me wanted to tell everyone I met… like this is my beautiful and amazing wife and we made this cute little baby together with our love, but the other, bigger part of me didn’t want to share it at all.

This is my life, my wife, and my baby… they didn’t need to know about anything going on with us. Hell when it was just Tiffany and I, I was a little scared of being so open, but now that our baby is in the mix it makes it twenty thousand times worse.

Tiffany has been pulled off stage by a crazy fan, and I’ve been poisoned by a fan too. A ‘fan’ that was supposed to love and care about us…

If ‘fans’ are doing this kind of thing, what are all of our antis capable of? Like especially to a squishy little baby… They could do serious damage with almost no effort at all. Why should we let them into our lives so easily?

I know that those were only two extreme cases, but who knows what could happen next! I surely didn’t want to risk it.

I-

“So wait,” Sooyoung interrupted my thoughts. “Neither of you have actually seen the article?”

We both shook our heads.

“Not yet… why?”

Oh no.

My stomach flipped. That totally didn’t sound good, right? Something about the way he said that made me really worried…

“Oh no reason really,” he added. “The reactions are pretty good though Taengo. I’ve been reading the comments.” I let out a deep breath. Thank goodness it wasn’t the- wait… really?!

 “Jinjja,” I asked excitedly. Soo hummed.

“There’s been a not so good one every now and then, but mostly they’re good!”

 I made a quick sour face when he mentioned the bad comments, but I was actually ecstatic that there were more good than bad.

That was amazing to hear!

No matter how much I’ve been telling Tiffany and myself that it wouldn’t be that bad, I was definitely expecting the worst so this was totally good news.

“See like this one says ‘O-M-G,” he spelled out in English. “They’re so adorable, heart...’ They made a heart with the little symbols,” he explained. I laughed. Leave it to Sooyoung to make jokes in the most serious of moments… “Whatever…” He coughed and started his high pitched English once again. “‘I can’t wait for their cute eye smiling baby~. Ahh TaeNy forever!’

“Aww,” Sunny said as Tiffany wrapped herself around my arm. “That one was cute you guys.” I heard Soo hum again.

“This person is right too, if your baby doesn’t have an eye smile I’ll be really disappointed.” Omo-

“Yah,” I immediately shouted. I knew he was only teasing, but I felt defensive for some reason too. “Don’t talk about my baby like that you jerk.” He laughed.

“What? It’s not like your eyes are ugly or something Taengo. I know the lil’ guy will be cute no matter what… but noona’s eye smile is killer. He’ll be blessed his whole life with an eye smile like that.” I wanted to yell at him again just because, but I really couldn’t argue with that…

Tiffany’s eye smile was absolutely killer. It still killed me a little every single time.

UGH, I gotta find something else to yell at hi-

“Let’s look at it,” Tiffany said softly. Omo, was she serious? “I really want to… and Sooyoung said it wasn’t too bad,” she added.

Heol, was it just me that was afraid to look at it?

“Yeah Taeng, you guys should look at it.” Sunny hummed.

“I agree. You should at least know what they’re saying about you.” She had a good point but I really thought we should wait a few hours for it to calm down a little…

Ugh, once I saw Tiffany giving me those deadly puppy-dog eyes though I had to give in. I-

“Just stop before you get to the comments if you two are that worried about it jeesh,” Jessica said exhaustedly. “You guys always stress me out...”

That was a good idea and I guess I really did kind of want to see what it said as well…

“Ugh, fine,” I gave in. “Let us see your phone.” Soo practically jumped the distance between us and eagerly handed his phone to Tiffany.

All I could see was the title and the main picture at first but I was glad they used a good one of us. There were plenty that could’ve made us look not so great… and the title-

“Ooh wow Fany-ah,” I marveled playfully. “We got ‘breaking’ and ‘confirmed’ this time.” I laughed. “I guess our news is finally worth being confirmed huh?” Soo and Sunny laughed, but Tiffany was already scrolling ahead. I- ah! Wait!

 

 

EzZxvie.jpg

 

 

But it was too late. The article was there and ready for me to read.

The first bit was just talking about Tiffany’s Instagram post, where Sooyoung kindly forgot to mention the few negative comments they included there… I did think the ‘boy’s generation or girl’s generation’ comment was kind of cute however. I might have to use that in the future…

The second half of the article was pretty plain and simple though. It was basically just SM confirming that Tiffany has a bun in the oven and SNSD will not be breaking up or disbanding or whatever. It said a few other things here and there of course, but it was way better than I expected. I wasn’t angry with it at all unlike some of the other things SM has released over the years.

“Did you read it all?” I hummed and smiled to myself about her question. I loved when she checked on me like that. She knows I don’t read English well and always stops to make sure I don’t need help. I do the same sometimes with her and Korean and a sudden question hit me.

Omo… what will Dukong’s first language be?

Can babies learn two languages at once? I had no idea. I-

“And?” Huh?

“And what Soo?”

What was he talking about? Did I miss something again?!

“What did you think about it pabo,” he asked again.  “What else would I be asking you…”

He knew I could hear him mumble, so I acted like I was going to hit him…but then remembered why I actually wanted to knock his lights out.

“It’s okay… except for those comments in the first part you little . ‘Not that bad’ my ,” I said before taking a step closer to hi- huh?

Tiffany’s hand squeezed on mine and I stopped all movement.

Omo… I spun back on my heels to see Tiffany reading the article again… or probably just those few bad comments over and over like I figured.

“Do you…,” she trailed off. Uh-oh… I could hear her voice breaking already and- “Do you guys think I’m being selfish?”

My heart sunk.

She was doing so well too! I knew we should’ve waited to read that stupid article!

UGH! Damnit Sooyoung!

“No Tiff,” Jessica replied before I had the chance. “Of course not... come here.” I moved aside so that Jessica could hug my wife and again I felt completely useless. I-

Heol… and then it hit me.

Was I being selfish too then? And wait… why was Fany the only one getting hate here? They didn’t say anything about me the whole time, did they? I didn’t think so…

They do know it takes two to tango right?!?!

“It’s not like I asked for this,” Tiffany said between shaky breaths. “We weren’t trying to have a baby… it just…it just happened!”

I nodded. Even though I really wanted to have kids with Tiffany, I knew it should’ve been in the distant future. I didn’t exactly want one right at this moment either… I mean we’re both right in the middle of our careers and babies are a lot of work! I just wanted to spend a lot of time with Fany… going on adventures, going to Disney World, and just being alone with her. I mean we like JUST got married.

After I found out we accidently made one though how could I not be happy? We made a freaking baby!

This was our baby!

There was no way to reverse time or anything so why shouldn’t I look forward and try to see the best in the situation we were given?

I didn’t know how we’d get through this either, but it wasn’t going to stop me from trying everything I could to make it happen.

“We know babe,” Sunny assured as she sort of joined the hugging too. I felt tears forming in my eyes just watching her. I wanted to hug her so tight right now, but I didn’t want to interrupt her friend’s hugs either…

“Aye, don’t act like this,” Soo grinned as his arm wrapped around my shoulder. “You gotta be strong for your woman.” I chuckled.

He always knew how to make things better… I guess that’s a skill he had to have though seeing as how often he screwed things up…

“And don’t worry Taeng, we’re all here for you. We’ll defend you two no matter what... Yuri too.” I thanked him before receiving a very unwanted kiss on the cheek from our maknae. I heard Sunny chuckle along with Seohyun and Tiffany and felt a teeny bit better she was laughing, but I’m not sure if that kiss was worth it.

“Ugh, Soo- why would you-“

I was wiping off where his lips landed when I noticed the door opening just a – HO-ly crap.

Why is she-

“Boa sunbaenim,” Sooyoung quickly announced with a bow. The SNSD members all turned toward the door to greet her as well.

“Ah ne hello everyone, my manager said you all were in here,” she started. I racked my brain trying to think of why she would purposely come in here but all I could think about was- no way… “I heard the rumor floating around SM a while ago, but had no idea it was true.” She was talking in Tiffany’s direction and I couldn’t believe it.

She came to talk to us about the article?! Oh my-

“Congratulations! This is amazing news Tiffany, you shouldn’t be crying.” I watched Boa wipe a tear away and felt warm. I bet Tiffany was freaking out too. “You should be celebrating that the news is finally out,” Boa laughed. “You don’t have to hide it anymore.” I watched Tiffany nod and decided I needed to be beside her for this.

I took a few steps forward to get myself there and quickly slid my hand on Tiffany’s back, to let her know I was there.

“Congratulations to you too Kim Taeyeon,” she grinned. “Gah your baby will be so beautiful… I mean look at you two. I-“

Just then Tiffany practically erupted in tears and I had no clue what was going on… she was literally just smiling?!? Shouldn’t have this made her even happier?! Boa was one of her favorite people in the world and she just complimented us and our baby, how could she-

“Omo, Tiffany,” Boa said before wrapping her arms around my wife. “I didn’t mean to upset you, I just wanted to come here and tell you how much I support you two.”

Wait what?! Did she-

“I think we really messed up,” Tiffany said into her shoulder. “This isn’t how it was supposed to be.”

What the-

“Yah, quit thinking like that,” Boa said as she released the hug. I could see Tiffany’s crying face now and it hit me like a truck. I almost started crying right along with her, but thankfully Boa spoke again. “Like I always say, you have to become the first of yourself instead of trying to be someone else and you two are truly on your own path. No one can say that you weren’t being yourselves… No idol has ever done this before... You two are seriously one of a kind… or would it be two of a kind,” she laughed. “I don’t know, but either way I’m proud.”

Heol... She had a really good point and a totally new way to think about the whole situation.

We shouldn’t sit and wait in fear of what could happen, we should embrace everything and control it ourselves. Why does having a baby mean our career is over? Says who?

We could go out even stronger after this and sweep the charts again! Hell someone might even give us a show since we’re the first idol couple with a baby. We could even get bigger than before Dukong!

Okay so maybe not those last two things, but still! We can’t let this get to us.

Why should we act ashamed or even sorry when we weren’t at all? I’m not going to apologize for this even once.

“Boa-ssi,” a lady near the door said softly, bringing me from my head.

Hold up… has she been there the whole time? Oh my-

“Ah, right. I have to go to the airport now, but I just wanted to make sure to tell you two that I’m proud of you to your faces,” she smiled again. “Yah Kim Taeyeon, hold your wife or something, she looks prettier with a smile.”

I did as I was told and wrapped an arm around Tiffany and watched Boa leave the room... or almost leave I should say.

“Oh and if it’s a girl the name ‘Boa’ definitely has a good ring to it.” She smiled once more before leaving the room and I was more than thankful she stopped by.

She certainly gave me a new outlook on our situation and I really hoped Tiffany saw it the same way… when she could start seeing properly that is… I know those tears are surely making it hard.

 

______________________________________

 

 

THANK YOU FOR READING MY STORY
(and not giving up on me because I take 8 years to update)

I <3 you all

 

AHH another article!
whoops they are pretty fun to make though~!

I hope this chapter was okay though, I was really iffy about it for a few days and almost re-wrote the whole thing a couple times.
PLEASE let me know if you feel the same and tell me what I could be doing better because I can always do better!

 

p.s I promise I'll reply to all your comments later. I'm too sleepy to do it right now.
FORGIVE ME