Breakfast

Into the New World: Together

 

 

 

“I think this is the first time all six of us have got together like this,” Sunny said. Tae hummed.

“I think so too Sunkyu, we should do this more often. It’s nice,” he said while smiling right at me. I totally agreed with him too. Actually anything that let me cuddle in his arms on the sofa was A-Okay with me.

The commercial ended and I automatically let out a quick cheer. The reason we all came together tonight was finally beginning. I heard Sunny and everyone else cheer a little too while Taeyeon tightened his arm around my shoulder.

We were all excited for this to start.

The previously mentioned ‘reason’ the six of us were here in our living room glued to the TV this evening though was because the first episode of TYS’s reality show aired tonight.

I watched the little opening scenes for the show and I was already grinning.

Taeyeon was so handsome and it was literally just pictures.

The first scene that it showed was of our company and a big black van parked in front with the caption ‘Meeting through Showtime’, which was the name of their show. Well actually it was TYS’s Showtime, but whatever!

The first person to come out of the building was surprisingly Sooyoung, who immediately stopped in his tracks when he noticed the cameras.

“Oh,” he said on screen before bowing ninety degrees. “Annyeonghaseyo… am I supposed to get in now or… Ah,” he nodded.  

It cut to a view of inside the car and Sooyoung was already cracking me up.

“Heol, how many cameras are there? And they’re all filming?” No one answered him. “Daebak, oh! This one has Yuri’s picture on it,” he said before the camera cut to show what he was talking about.

He was right too. There was a little cutout that stuck over the camera lens that had a picture of Yuri on it and clearly said ‘Yuri’s camera’.

“Ah, he gets to sit in the middle row cause he’s the prettiest right,” Sooyoung again asked no one. I laughed.

“Yah,” Yuri said from beside us. “It’s not even two minutes into the show and you’re already picking on me? Jeez thanks Soo.” We laughed even more, but I was very distracted by the newly entering Taeyeon on screen. He looked so good… and it wasn’t just because I picked out his outfit that day either.

It wasn’t because of me that he pulled off the baggy black shirt with a sugar skull on it so well, nor was it my fault he fit in his tight black pants that were rolled a few times over his ankles. He…ugh.

He just looked so good.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” he said shyly, completely crushing his chic image.

“How cute~,” I cooed to him. He made a weird face at me and I turned back to the screen. Even the show put captions saying how shy he was. This would be a good way for him to get better at variety though and I was glad. I know I wasn’t the best, but the variety shows we’ve been on have definitely helped.

“Oh? You’re already here?” Sooyoung hummed.

“This is your seat Taeng,” I heard Soo say before it cut to Yuri stylishly arriving with an iced coffee.

Omo, that reminded me just how much I seriously missed the fall weather.

They filmed this a long time ago, not too long after our wedding actually. When it was still warm and sunny and totally not gloomy and cold out like it has been everyday so far this week… ugh.

For some reason the show got pushed back a bit though so they didn’t film the next episode until just a week or two ago and then they won’t film again until after the New Year. Oh well, we all were just excited that it was finally happening. Maybe if my fans knew Taeyeon better they would hate him less… I could hope at least.

The three of them began messing around with the cameras and soon the van took off.

They kept talking about how nerve wracking it was and how about they had no idea what they were doing today and that was fair. It was a brand new show so they had nothing to go off of like they would of if they guested on any other variety show.

The PD talked to the boys via a walkie talkie from a different van and congratulated them on becoming the main characters of their own show. They cheered again and thanked the PD for having them. They began to talk about how excited they were too and I agreed one hundred percent.

 I was super excited too. Not only excited to watch it, because I deffinitley was, but I was also excited for them in general.

It was their first real variety show based around themselves. I know they had that two episode kind of show a few months ago, but that didn’t really count. This was going to be eight episodes long and only about them!

I was proud… and hoping greatly to be a guest.

The walkie talkie man then had them introduce their group and themselves into their own camera which they did with ease. The next thing however was going to be hilarious.

“With cute actions, please do the ‘Gwiyomi’ song in a relay,” the man said over the walkie.

“EHHUGH~,” was all I heard from the screen as the three obviously did not react well to that.

Taeyeon groaned cutely and then Yuri acted a little agitated. Jessica, Sunny and I all laughed at their expressions, but what really got us is when Sooyoung spoke up next.

“Yah, are you both really going to be like this at our first recording?” He clicked his tongue disapprovingly. “I’ll do it by myself then,” he said… and then proceeded to do the whole song, even making it up all the way to ten.  I took a look at Sunny and she was totally loving it too.

I will admit though, it was pretty cute.

Taeyeon and Yuri however were cringing the whole time and that itself was hilarious. They cheered for him afterward though and complimented him for being their cute maknae, but then the man on the walkie talkie spoke up once again.

“I said to do it in a relay.”

I died laughing. They should’ve know they wouldn’t be able to get out of that one…

Tae and Yul groaned again on screen, but Sooyoung confidently went ahead and started it… again.

“1+1 is Gwiyomi,” he said in a squeaky voice while poking his cheeks. The show cut to a split screen of Yuri and Taeyeon and neither of them were moving a muscle.

How they showed it on screen was pretty funny with the added animation of a tumbleweed rolling by but it frustrated me too. Aigo~ why does Taeyeon hate doing cute things so much? He does them all the time when were alone and he’s so good at it. He might try to lie and say he has no aegyo, but I won’t buy it for a minute.

Sometimes he’s so cute I could die… seriously. Half the time he doesn’t even realize he’s doing it either which makes it so much more cuter.

“The last person to do it has to go all the way up to ten,” Sooyoung said firmly. “I-“

“2+2 is Gwiyomi,” Taeyeon said almost immediately with the cutest expression on his face.

I don’t know what came over me, but I squealed. I leaned into Taeyeon and squealed like I’m sure all his fan girls did at the exact moment.

“Wah~! That was so cute Taetae,” I complimented again after they thankfully did an instant replay. He pouted.

“I’m just glad I didn’t have to do it all the way to ten,” he laughed.

Yuri though, didn’t get so lucky.

Sooyoung and even Taeyeon then forced him to do the ‘Gwiyomi’ song all the way up to ten. You could tell he wasn’t happy about it, but he did it anyway. He started out hesitatingly at first with no emotion at all but after the first two he burst into a super cute mode that I didn’t even know he had within him. I lost it and Jessica loved it. She was covering her face and laughing and even squealing just like I did when Taeyeon did it just a few minutes ago.

“Yah, you’re lucky this is for our fans,” Yuri said teasingly on screen. “I wouldn’t do this if it wasn’t.”

The man came on the walkie-talkie again a few seconds later and told them their in-car initiation was over for now. They all acted relieved and then talked about what they wanted to do on the show in the future.

Yuri said an overseas trip with their members, Taeyeon said a trip to the ocean, and then Sooyoung pointed out a restaurant that they passed on the road and said they should go there… sometimes I really don’t even know what to think about him.

The background music, which was one of TYS’s song became louder as the show montaged their drive which was an hour away from Seoul by the looks of the caption that came along the bottom. It read ‘Without knowing the identity behind the harsh initiation waiting ahead, the boys travel one hour away from Seoul.’

 I already knew where they were going and even what happened that day since Taeyeon told me all about it, but it was just so much fun to see it all happening before my eyes. It was like his story was coming alive and I could not wait to see the rest of it.

They were all dancing and singing along to the song playing in the car, which was their own I believe, when Yuri startled everyone, even us watching it.

“Yah,” he shouted, causing Taeyeon to adorably jump inside the van. “That’s a bungee jumping place!”

They all started talking about it and joking that they were here to play water sports instead since the bungee jumping place also had other activities to do like jet skiing, wakeboarding, and even those weird banana boat things. When they got out of the van they even all pretended that bungee jumping wasn’t even an option.

“Oh wakeboarding,” Yuri asked teasingly.

“Wah~ were riding a banana boat,” Taeyeon cheered playfully. The three of them started walking toward the docks where all the boats were but were quickly cut off and forced to walk toward the bungee jumping area. It was so funny we were all still laughing.

So our boys did have a little variety sense!

“The reason we came here is so that in the future TYS will be prepared with everything we film,” the PD announced as the three of them lined up.

“We’ll work hard,” Taeyeon said. “You didn’t need to do all this.” I grinned.

Was he really trying to get out of it like that?

“It’s going to get worse than this,” Sooyoung practically yelled. His body was frozen in total shock and he looked completely worried.

We lost it. The next comment from Yuri made it even funnier.

“Ani, he’s saying so that everything else we do will seem easy pabo,” Yuri assured smoothly.

These three were seriously the funniest group to watch. Their dynamic was perfect together.

“Ah, that makes sense,” Soo said, seemingly relieved. “Mianhaeyo.”

They said a few more funny comments before it cut to them going up the elevator to take them to the high plank in which they jumped from.

“Wah, are we really going to run over there and jump,” Taeyeon asked excitedly at the top. I grinned.

Whatever PD came up with this idea was seriously a genius… and maybe a bit of a fan of TYS.

No matter how much I love him, I will have to admit Taeyeon is definitely the worst of the three at variety programs. Every time he’s on a show by himself he’s not very fun.

Well, it’s not that he wasn’t fun, it’s just that he’s nervous and he takes a bit longer to get warmed up. On the two episode show they had a while ago it almost seemed like he avoided the camera.

While being with both of s definitely helped, doing something crazy like this was exactly what he needed. The crazy kid that he is loves this kind of stuff. Rollercoasters, scary movies, haunted houses… name anything slightly scary or daunting and Taeyeon would love to at least give it a shot.

He was being talkative and interactive with the camera so much my cheeks hurt.

“Whoa guys, I’m really scared,” Yuri said with a laugh. He grabbed on to Taeyeon’s arm and didn’t let go for a while which I thought was pretty cute too.

They walked to the edge and continued to freak out until the PD asked who was jumping first.

Taeyeon shot his hand in the air and said ‘me, me’ and I shook my head.

He really was crazy.

I thought he was even crazier when he asked the guy if he could run and then jump off ‘like superman’.

“Kim Taeyeon,” I scolded. He chuckled.

“What~?”

“Like superman,” I asked. He hummed.

“Yeah I wanted it to feel like I was flying,” he explained adorably. I shook my head and turned back to the screen… again.

It cut to a shot of just Yuri and Sooyoung while Taeyeon was getting ready and they looked a little terrified.

“I think Taeyeon is seriously the best,” Soo complimented. Yuri agreed and then they got closer to the platform to watch their leader jump.

“Taeng are you scared,” Yuri asked. Taeyeon’s face was on the screen in one of those helmets with a camera attached and I knew his answer before he even responded.

“Yeah, I’m a little scared,” he replied back.

“It’s okay hyung,” Soo said back cheerfully. “I love you, you’ll have fun.” Taeyeon grinned and I felt my stomach flip.

It was so cute to see them acting so coy and brotherly, but it was even cuter when after Tae jumped it showed the two of them running to the guard rail and cheering on their ‘hyung~.’

I on the other hand had secondhand fright if that’s even a thing. I grabbed on to Taeyeon’s arm and accidently squeezed a little too hard.

“Ow, Fany-ah,” he complained. I let go once I realized what I was doing, but it didn’t help the feeling inside.

Ugh, I don’t know but something about seeing him fall one hundred and fifty feet downward made me feel very, very uneasy.

“Don’t ever bungee jump again Kim Taeyeon,” I ordered. He smiled.

“I won’t babe, don’t worry… not until you can jump with me.” I laughed.

Good, so that meant never, I secretly thought.

I wouldn’t tell him that though he might try to get me to go the next chance we had. Luckily I was safe for another seven months or so at least.

It showed the boat go out to save Taeyeon, who was still dangling mid-air and quickly bring him back in.

“Did you have fun,” the PD asked as soon as he stepped on shore.

“Oh totally,” he smiled. “I shut my eyes as soon as I jumped though and I didn’t get to see everything as I came down and I regret that a little, but it was really fun.”

It now cut to Yuri and Sooyoung talking at the top and trying to decide who went next. It took them awhile and it was really funny to see them banter back and forth, but eventually it was decided Yuri would go next so they could go in the ‘TYS’ order.

I really don’t understand them.

The rest of the show was equally amazing though. Yuri jumped down coolly after telling everyone he was scared about 9 more times. Just like Taeyeon though he loved it while he was dangling mid-air.

He even asked if they could go again…

Crazy!

Sooyoung’s jump was by far the best though. Sorry boys, but he by far was the variety king in TYS.

He was talking to himself the whole time up there and I really don’t think I’ve ever laughed that hard in my life.

He was saying things about his heart and how he was afraid he would have a heart attack and then he said that he couldn’t believe his hyungs left him up there by himself… even though he was the one that suggested that order.

The show even inserted a clip of him deciding the order a few minutes ago.

This program was seriously the best.

Sooyoung continued to pace around and occasionally make a distressed noise while Taeyeon and Yuri waited calmly at the bottom. They were casually talking about food and then it cut to Sooyoung who was saying something along the lines of Taeyeon and Yuri being the weird ones because they jumped.

Eventually the PD called Sooyoung over and told him it was now or never.

A look of panic spread on his face and then he asked the PD very nicely to not rush him. Soo pulled it together though and stood at the plank a few seconds later… via broadcasting time. I’m sure  it took longer in real life.

After asking the resort’s employee about his heart and making sure that it wouldn’t explode after he jumped. He took a deep breath and finally did it. We cheered for him, but that cheer quickly tuned into laughter as it showed him thrashing around like a squid as he fell.

Thank goodness for Sooyoung. I think he alone could make the show popular. Taeyeon and Yuri of course helped, but Sooyoung was hilarious.

The second part of the show was great too. I could tell was filmed more recently for sure. Taeyeon had his blonde hair and it totally looked like winter outside compared to the sunny weather it just showed.

They celebrated Yuri’s birthday together with a cake at a cute cafe and then since it was getting close to Christmas and the program wanted to show how close of a bond the three of them had, they went Christmas shopping.

They each picked a member’s name out of a hat and were quickly on their way to buy for that member.

The program showed a bit of them shopping around, but then ended soon after that.

“Wah~,” I cheered at the end. “I wanna watch the next one.”

“Yeah, even though I knew what happens, it was fun to watch,” Sunny grinned.

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

We talked about the show a little more and Sunny teased them on their lacking variety skills before Yuri spoke up.

“We better go,” Yuri said a few minutes later. “Sica is almost asleep and you all have to get up early tomorrow.” I nodded.

I totally forgot about that…

I was so happy those two were still together and as happy as ever though. They were perfect for each other and I would really hate to see them break up because of something stupid like our busy schedules.

“Yeah, we should go too Sooyoungie,” Sunny said.

I was happy about them too, maybe even a little bit more since they still haven’t got caught yet. It was shocking actually, but yet not at all. If you were to look at it from the outside they’d just seem like good friends. I think they’re even better at hiding themselves than Jess and Yuri and those two were impressive.

I remember the rumor about Sunny and Sooyoung started back up a few weeks ago when they got caught hanging out, but since Sunny’s friend Hara and Sooyoung’s friend Hyuna were both there SM told the media that it was just four friends just visiting.

Since they obviously can’t go on a date when two other people are with them… I mean it’s not like Hara and Hyuna aren’t friends that can go off to a separate part of the restaurant while they have their date and then everyone leaves together at the end… no way.

That would be way too smart for us idols to figure out...

______________________________________

 

The way I was wiggling out of bed made me feel like I was trying to get through those lasers without tripping an alarm while robbing museum or something, but I had no other choice.

Tiffany was still asleep and I couldn’t wake her, especially at this hour. It was only like six in the morning but I had to pee like no other.

I continued to scoot and maneuver my way out of Tiffany’s grasp and from underneath the covers and-

“Mmhn,” I heard from beside me. I froze.

Damn, was she awake?

I looked over at my wife and saw one eye peeking back at me, completely answering my question.

Now how could I not smile at that?

“I’m going to the bathroom babe, I’ll be right back.” I heard her groan again, but I really had to go and I mean really.

Now that I didn’t have to be careful anymore I swiftly finished getting off the bed and ran into the bathroom making it just in time.

Assa~!

I finished what needed to be done and I already felt a hundred times better. Now I just needed to wash my hands and-

“Oh?!”

I was looking down as I put the soap on my hands and then started to wash them and I guess I didn’t even notice Tiffany come up behind me. She was seriously ninja like sometimes! I almost jumped!

Her arms wrapped around my waist and she pulled herself as close as she could to my back. I smiled.

“I told you I would be right back babe,” I said softly as I rinsed my soapy hands. I felt her nod against my back.

“I know,” she said groggily. Oh… omo!

“Do you have to go too?” Since she has to use the bathroom more often these days I figured she might have followed me in to do the same thing.

“Nope,” she said shortly. “I just wanna be close to you today.”

I could feel the coldness that was starting to seep in from being out of the warm bed quickly get pushed out of the way by the fuzzy feelings she was giving me.

“All day?” She hummed.

“It’s Christmas Eve Taeyeon. It’s a day meant for cuddling.” I laughed.

“It is? Since when?” She hummed. Omo, speaking of!

I lifted her hands off my stomach and swiftly turned around to face her.

“Happy Christmas Eve my wife,” I cheered. “And a happy Christmas Eve to you too my little prince or princess.” I put my hand on her tummy to give it a little rub and holy…

I think it grew overnight.

I mean it didn’t feel like she ate a watermelon whole yet or anything but yesterday I swear it wasn’t like this. Now it was almost like she just ate a little too much and it was because her stomach was full but I knew.

Ohh~ I knew what was really making that happen.

“Fany-ah,” I said in amazement. “You… your tummy. Look.” I quickly moved out of the way of the mirror and showed her what I had felt.

Her eyes widened almost instantly as she lifted up her shirt.

“Oh my god,” she muttered in English. “I totally look fat Taeyeon.”

It was my turn to ‘oh my god’ now.

“Yah~,” I groaned. “No you don’t at all. It just looks like you ate one too many pieces of pizza babe… like a food baby. I even look like that when I eat too much Fany-ah,” I assured.

“Really?” I hummed.

Aigo~, her sad tone made me feel bad I pointed it out but I really wasn’t lying either. Heck if I just push out my stomach a little bit I could look as big as her but that wasn’t the point!

She wasn’t full on pizza or pushing her stomach out! That was our baby! Our already cute little Dukong was in her stomach growing and growing and-

Heol… if she keeps growing this fast she’ll be actually huge in no time. I think she went from like nothing to that in one night, what if she keeps doubling and doubling and-

“Oh my god,” I said aloud.

“What,” she asked worriedly. “What’s wrong?” I shook my head.

“Nothing’s wrong,” I responded quickly. “I was just thinking that wha-what if it’s twins?” Her eyes widened to their maximum.

“Don’t even say that word Kim Taeyeon. I can barely think about taking care of one without going crazy.” I grinned.

“Yeah, you’re right. One is the perfect number.” I wrapped my arms around her and felt her head rest on my chest, but then it moved off the next second. What is she-

“Okay, now I have to pee,” she laughed. I smiled.

I should’ve known.

“Alright, do you wanna go back to sleep or eat breakfast?”

I figured since we were both already awake and there was a lot we had to do today anyway we could go ahead and get our day started, but if she was still tired I would definitely not object to sleeping more. I was pretty tired myself.

“Mmm… eat,” she said after placing a hand over her tummy. “We’re hungry Taetae.”

I cupped Tiffany’s cheeks and pulled her into the longest and biggest kiss I could with all these exciting feelings running through me right now.

We’re.

She said we’re! As in her and our baby!

Oh my gosh. I could’ve kissed her a zillion more times!

Tiffany was getting more and more comfortable with the idea of being pregnant and I loved it so much. Hearing her talk about our little Dukong so casually like that made me extremely happy. I wanted to jump up and down and somehow magically skip the next seven months or so, so we could see our little prize.

Ugh, if only that was possible.

“Breakfast it is then.”

______________________________________

 

 

When Tiffany said she wanted to be close to me all day I really didn’t think she meant this close.

The whole time I was cooking breakfast she had me in a back hug. Seriously. I was actually kind of worried to be honest. What if the oil popped out of the frying pan and on to her arms?

I told her I didn’t want her to get hurt and that she should just sit and wait for me to finish but she had a very genius and pretty ridiculous solution.

That crazy girl got her pink apron from the drawer and made me put it on so she could hide her arms underneath it too and not get burnt.

Like I said; ridiculous yet genius…

I guess it was also pretty freaking cute and I definitely didn’t mind her body being on mine all morning. That was a huge plus.

I finished cooking within no to time and quickly served the food on our two plates. I gave her a little more than usual this time and she didn’t say a word about it. Last time I tried to do that she yelled at me for, and I quote, ‘making her fat.’

I guess she really was hungry today.

“What time is your family coming tomorrow,” she asked before taking another bite. I shrugged.

“Probably early. Umma is really excited to see you and her grandchild~,” I said dramatically. Tiffany smirked.

“She knows that I’m barely even showing, right?” I nodded.

“I told her at least seventy times babe, she’s still really excited.”

Actually ‘really excited’ is probably the biggest understatement of the year. When my mom called to congratulate me on the first win with our comeback she said ‘congratulations’ once. The rest of the ten minute conversation was spent talking about Tiffany and our baby.

I understood her excitement but she didn’t even know the name of our song! Talk about rude…

“Hmm, then should we make breakfast for them tomorrow morning,” Tiffany suggested adorably. I saw her grin and laughed.

“You mean should I make breakfast for them tomorrow?”

“Yah! I helped.” I hummed.

“Sure you did~.” She pouted.

“Tae~.”

Ugh, this was totally not fair. She knew her pout was undeniable.

“Fine,” I sighed. “You helped and we can make them breakfast if you really want to.” She nodded.

“I do,” she smiled. “Your mom will be cooking all day and the least we can do is make breakfast.”

That was true. My mom has planned on making some kind of feast for us all tomorrow. I mean we usually eat a lot of food during the holidays but the amount she was talking about was crazy. I think some of it was going to be special food for Tiffany and Dukong, but still.

“Hmm, okay. We’ll make breakfast but you have to promise to help… more,” I added when I caught her slight glare. She laughed.

“Okay Tae, I promise.” I wrapped my pinky around her pinky and quickly pulled her hand in for a kiss. “Yah,” she pretended to protest. “That was a cheap move there Kim Taetae.” I smirked.

“It worked though didn’t it,” I teased. She stuck out her tongue and then continued her meal.

After we finished eating and then cleaning up our mess I think she made my favorite suggestion of the year.

“Tae,” she said questioningly as I turned our dishwasher on.

“Yeah babe?”

“Do you wanna shower with me so I don’t use up all the hot water?”

I think my brain momentarily froze for I was torn between two very, very hard choices.

I obviously wanted to join her; I mean how could I pass that up?

On the other hand though I really don’t think I could control myself seeing her like that and I had been doing such a good job.

Despite Tiffany’s advances, I had successfully yet unfortunately managed to get out of every time she tried to seduce me.

There were probably millions of guys who would think I’m out of my mind to do so and I was totally one of them but I had to. I read somewhere that it’s best to wait at least three months before doing it. I guess the chance of something very bad happening drops drastically after that or something?

I don’t remember exactly but it was something along those lines for sure. Because of that though I promised myself I would wait at least three months before giving in… for Dukong’s sake!

Ugh, that kid better seriously love me when it comes out. It didn’t know just how y its mom was and just how hard it was to resist her.

Gah, it’s probably harder to do than my whole debuting process put together.

“Hmm,” she inquired.

“I-I-“

“Don’t worry Taetae,” she grinned. “I’m not in the mood for that today. I promise I’ll keep my hands above the belt.” I cocked a brow.

Was she telling the truth or was this another tactic to get me ?

“I’m serious,” she assured. “I feel nauseous and I just want a back rub okay?”

“Okay, okay,” I eased. I guess she wasn’t lying after all. “Want me to just give you a back rub instead? We don’t have to shower yet if you don’t feel up to it.” She shook her head.

“I’m not that nauseous Tae,” she said cutely while picking a fuzzy off my shirt. “And besides don’t we have to go out today?”

Oh crap, that’s right.

Me being the forgetful idiot that I am sometimes forgot to give the grocery list my mom sent me to the ahjumma that gets or groceries every week. Now instead of already having all the food my mom needed for tomorrow’s festivities, it was still at the store… and we had to go buy it all... today.

We would have gone yesterday but Tiffany was in Japan and I didn’t want to go without her. I knew she loved going out and about.

“Mhm,” she hummed. She must have been able to read the ‘oh crap’ look that was on my face. “And I can’t go out of the house looking like this Tae. I’m already fatter than I was yesterday, I at least need everything else to be cute.” I laughed.

“Everything is already cute babe.”

“Uhn-uh,” she hummed. “I need to shower first.”

I shook my head at her ridiculousness as she turned to walk away.

How could she not think she was cute, especially right now!

Her hair was up in an adorably messy ponytail and her bare face was just so beaut-

“I’m not gonna ask again,” she said from the doorway.

Omo!

“I’m coming!”

_______________________________________

 

“Are you sure this is a good idea?”

Oh my… seriously?

“It was your idea Tiffany,” I laughed. “I told you we could just tell my mom to pick up the groceries instead.”

“Aish~,” she sounded. “We can’t do that Tae. You already told her you’d do it.” I hummed.

“And that’s why we’re here.”

We were in the parking lot of a mart we found just a block or two away and I figured there’s no going back now. I just hoped this place had everything we needed. My mom’s list was pretty big and we didn’t go to one of the larger grocery stores just in case there were a lot of people out.

“Ugh,” Tiffany sighed. “Are you sure I don’t look, you know…“

“Pregnant?” She hummed. “I promise,” I assured. “You have a big poufy coat on babe, everyone looks a little pregnant in the winter. See, even me,” I said as I petted my stomach. She giggled.

Assa~! That was all I needed to hear.

I think Tiffany secretly was really excited to go out somewhere, I mean she remembered the fact that we had to shop in the first place and it wasn’t even her responsibility, but she was just nervous. This would be the first time we go somewhere public unaided by managers or security since we found out she was pregnant so I guess it was a little nerve wracking, but she seriously had nothing to worry about.

The coat she had on today one hundred percent covered what little of a baby bump she had.

“Okay, are you ready?” She hummed. “Good. Stay there.”

I hopped out of the car and quickly went around to open the door for her.

“Shall we,” I said as I offered my arm. She took it with a grin and we headed inside.

I was a little surprised about how many people were inside, but I wouldn’t let it faze me.

I couldn’t.

“Do we need a cart?” I nodded.

“We definitely need a cart. Umma’s list is huge.” I watched Tiffany dig a 100 won coin out of her purse and use it to unlock the cart from the rack and then we were off.

We found the first few items pretty easily since they were all produce and that was the first section in the store. I marked a handful of things off our list and out of the corner of my eye noticed Tiffany poorly ‘sneaking’ something into the cart.

“What’s that,” I asked instantly. She jumped.

“Aish, you saw me?” I hummed. “They’re grapes… and 3,000 won off,” she said adorably. “Can we get them?”

Did she expect me to say no to that gorgeous face?

“Mhm,” I hummed. “Now help me find the garlic. I can’t seem to- oh… uh annyeonghaseyo,” I said to the incoming ahjumma.

That wasn’t what caught me off guard though. The ahjumma was an employee who was more than likely about to ask if we needed any help. Tiffany however did the strangest thing.

She must have noticed her coming sooner than me or something because all of a sudden her smiley expression dropped and she practically hid behind my back. She wasn’t totally behind me but she was definitely keeping me between her and the ahjumma for some reason.

Did she think the lady was going to see her almost nonexistent baby bump or what?

I told her before that if it was almost unnoticeable with her shirt lifted up there’s no way this ahjumma would be able to tell through a heavy winter coat. She was nuts…

“Can I help you find anything,” the woman asked, just like I figured she would.

I asked her where a few things were and even if they had some of the more obscure things on the list and then thanked her for her help. The ahjumma then started to walk toward a different customer and Tiffany started to move from behind me at almost the same time.

She was so odd.

It wasn’t the last time she did it either though.

After the run in with the ahjumma Tiffany stayed closer to me in general. She had her hand on mine while I pushed the cart or she would hold on to my arm or just the cart in general. Every now and then she would stray a couple feet away to grab something that she just ‘needed’ like the extra bag of honey chili Doritos or the package of steaks that she wanted to eat instead of the pork that was on my mom’s list, but right after she grabbed the item she would come right back to the cart and hold on to me once again.

While it was still pretty weird of her to do, it was seriously adorable at the same time.

She really took that ‘staying close to me all day’ comment seriously.

The weirdest part though was the hiding. Every time someone so much as walked by us, Tiffany would move behind me like I was a shield or something. I could understand more if there were people coming up to us or even calling our names, but none of it happened.

Ugh, I would have to ask her about it later.

Of course I heard the words ‘idol’ and both our group names more often than normal, but no one really said anything directly to us which surprised me. The only person to even bring up the fact that we were idols was the lady at the checkout counter. She said that we both looked even better in person and that was it.

I did notice a few of the younger people taking our pictures and I tried to hide or faces as much as possible, but what were the headlines going to say about this?

‘Taeyeon and Tiffany shop for groceries’ or maybe something like ‘Taeyeon and Tiffany prefer Minute Maid juice to Del Monte’…

Either way, it definitely wasn’t going to be a page turner.

I swiped my credit card and quickly signed the keypad like usual and we were done!

Now we just had to get all this stuff home…

_______________________________________

 

“Is that all the bags,” I asked Taeyeon as he sat even more on the floor in front of our refrigerator. He hummed, obviously out of breath.

Aigo~, I told that idiot to let me help, but he insisted that I don’t carry anything heavy. Which I mean, I’m happy that he remembered and wants to protect me and little Dukong like that but I wasn’t planning on carrying the whole load…

He didn’t let me carry the lightest bag and it took forever to convince him to let me carry the rolls of paper towels we bought, which probably weighed at most a pound.

It was kind of annoying because I wanted to help, but it was also pretty sweet too.

My husband was so caring and amazing… and clearly worn out.

Omo!

“Here, babe,” I said before rushing to the cabinet to get a glass. I filled it with cold water and handed it to him at once.

He downed the whole thing before quickly and shortly thanking me. I smiled and refilled his glass once more.

“I told you to take your time pabo,” I grinned. “You didn’t need to bring it all in two trips.” There were even more groceries than I thought now that I look at them all on the floor like this. I even already put some away. “You never listen to me do you?” He smiled mid drink.

“Uhn-uh~, I just wanted to come back up here and help you put them away Fany-ah.”

“Yah, no way Kim Taetae,” I defended. “If you won’t let me carry them at least let me do this.”

“But-“

“Nope,” I interrupted.

“You-“

“Sit,” I ordered. He scrunched up his nose while doing an aegyo filled whine and I knew I had won. He sat on one of the stools in the kitchen and sighed. “Thank you.”

“Mhm~,” he hummed.

I began to put away the groceries starting with things I knew needed to be frozen or refrigerated. I put away the eggs, cheese, and then the ice cream that I talked him into letting me get… which I’m totally going to eat later.

I made a quick mental note and then reached for a few of the veggies and milk to-

“Ah,” Taeyeon sounded aloud. Before I knew it he was at my side and taking the milk right out of my hands.

“I-“

“Watch out babe, that’s heavy,” he warned before putting in the fridge himself. I had to smile.

He was adorable.

“Taeyeon, I love you but you’re gonna have to calm down,” I said while putting away the vegetables I had in my hand. “I was just moving it a couple feet, not taking it on a five mile run,” I laughed. “I’ll be okay.”

“I know,” he sighed sadly. “I’m just worried…”

I cupped his cheeks and pulled him downward, bringing our lips quickly together.

“MMPH~,” I sounded at the kiss. “You don’t need to worry that much Taetae. I promise I’ll tell you when I need your help, okay?” He grinned, showing off his perfect smile.

Ugh, I had to kiss him again… so I did, and did, and did again, an-

“Babe, the groceries.” I laughed.

“Right,” I said before kissing him once more. “Now go change or something while I put these away. When I get done I wanna cuddle and watch ‘Elf’ and you can’t cuddle in jeans.” He stopped in his tracks and turned to look at me with a very confused look.

“I thought you wanted to make cookies for tomorrow though?”

Oooh wow, I totally forgot about that.

“Mm, right. That’s what I meant,” I laughed.

“Wow babe, I guess pregnancy brain is a real thing,” he teased. “I hope you don’t forget me next.” My eyes rolled instinctively.

Like I could ever forget him…

“Pabo,” I mumbled.

“I heard that,” he called from the hall.

Aish!

“Good!”

 

_______________________________________

 

I could not stop laughing the whole time I changed my clothes.

Tiffany forgetting about doing the thing she talked about doing the whole ride home was just so funny to me.

Seriously. That girl talked about making different kinds of cookies, different colors of cookies, and even the different shapes in which she wanted to make them. We even bought food coloring at the store because she wanted to make them so bad and now all of a sudden she wants to cuddle and watch ‘Elf’?

Gah, she was hilarious.

I headed toward the kitchen in my comfy clothes and-

“Whoa, you’re almost done,” I said surprisingly. There were only a few bags left on the floor! She hummed.

“I told you I could do it~,” she sassed. I grinned.

“Mhm. Now why don’t you go change and I’ll finish up and get everything ready to make cookies, okay,” I asked.

“Okay~,” she held out cutely. “I already left out a few things I know we’ll need Taetae.” I hummed as she walked out of the room and then kicked my in hyper speed once she was out of sight

It never took her long to change.

I quickly put the last few things from the store in the cabinets and put all the bags they came in in drawers. I’m sure we could use them eventually.

After that I started grabbing the things we’ll need from various places around the kitchen.

I knew we’d need sugar, eggs, and flour but other than that I wasn’t quite sure. Tiffany had already gotten out the chocolate chips, butter, and the pink sprinkles she just had to have.

I laughed. She was so cute in finding those too.

We were walking down the baking aisle looking for-

Omo!

Vanilla! That’s another thing we needed.

Anyway, we were walking down the baking aisle and Tiffany stopped dead in her tracks, her jaw just dropped and she loudly gasped… like the full on ‘oh my god’ gasp that shows up in almost every single American movie that I’ve seen.

I had no idea what was going at first and to be honest I was a little worried. I thought she might have hurt herself or something, but after she pointed out what caught her eye I could only laugh.

There were various kinds of sprinkles on the shelf, but the one that she absolutely ‘needed’ was a bottle of pink glitter sprinkles.

Now I will admit that they were pretty cool. I mean I’ve never seen sprinkles that looked exactly like glitter, but there was no need for that kind of a reaction.

Tiffany cutely apologized for ‘scaring’ me as she called it and then… omo!

That reminded me again!

After she apologized, an ahjumma turned down the aisle we were in and Tiffany immediately got close to me again.

She didn’t hide that time because the woman didn’t come down any father, but the laughing Tiffany that was just there before my eyes was suddenly straight faced and calm.

Ugh! How could I forget to ask her about that?

I guess all the cookie talk in the car made me forget or something, but I had to ask now. I needed to know why she was acting so weird earlier. I-

“You do know what you’re doing, right babe?”

“I, uh… uhm of course,” I lied. Well it wasn’t really a lie, since I did kind of know how to make them. “I might just have to look it up to be sure,” I grinned. “You know, for reference…”

“For reference my ,” she said with a nudge. I laughed.

“Don’t worry Fany-ah, we’ll make them very delicious.” She smirked.

“We better. If they I’m telling your mom you made them.”

“Yah~,” I laughed. “That’s not fair.” She stuck out her tongue at me and then picked up her phone.

“I’m just kidding babe, I’ll look up a recipe.” I hummed and moved to pull her into a tight back hug so I could look too.

She typed in her search browser and I made up my mind.

I had to ask her right now.

I had to ask before I forgot about it again.

I took a deep breath.

“Hey, Fany can I ask you a question?” She hummed.

“Sure Tae… What do you think about this one?” I looked at the picture that came with the recipe and immediately rejected it.

“Not enough chocolate.”

“Mmm,” she hummed. “You’re right.” I watched her hit the ‘back’ button and made myself do it.

“Why were you acting so weird earlier?”

“Huh,” she asked immediately, braking free of my back hug and turning to face me. “What are you talking about?”

“At the store babe, you kept hiding behind me whenever someone got near us.”

I watched her brows furrow for a second and-

“Oh,” she said flatly. I hummed. “It was nothing babe,” she lied. She wasn’t even looking me in the eye!

“Yah~, don’t lie to me,” I urged warmly. “Just tell me babe.”

“Tae,” she smiled, this time looking at me. “It was seriously nothing.” I sighed.

Why wouldn’t she tell me?

Omo, it wasn’t…

“Was it something I did,” I asked anxiously.

Oh god, or even worse...

“Something I didn’t do? Omo, was it-

“Tae,” she interrupted my mini panic attack. “It was nothing you did or didn’t do, I just…ugh,” she sighed.

“Just what babe? Tell me, I’m here for you,” I said before wrapping an arm around her waist. She chuckled.

“I know Taetae. That’s why I kept getting close to you,” she explained. “You made me feel safer so I wanted to be close to you.”

I felt an unimaginable warmth within and- wait, that means…

“Did you feel unsafe at the store,” I asked confusedly.

How could she feel unsafe? Those ahjummas and ahjussis were harmless!

“It’s not that I felt unsafe Tae, I just- I don’t know,” she said distraughtly as she let her head fall onto my chest. I ran my hand over her back a few times and pulled her in closer. “I just felt like our Dukong needed more protection than the two of us Taetae. What if one of those people walking by would have hurt me, even by accident,” she added. “I just kept thinking about that evil witch in New York who poisoned you a-and what if something like that happens to me? Wh-what if it hurts our baby?” I could hear her voice getting shakier and shakier so I tightened my hold and kissed her forehead.

I don’t think it helped.

“When people find out about us they won’t be happy Taeyeon and I’m so scared for that.” I heard her sniff and knew it was time for me to step in.

I couldn’t let my queen cry!

“Hey now, no tears on Christmas Eve babe,” I said as I wiped them right away.

It did take me a second to think about what to say though, I mean she made a lot of good points.

A lot of people still hated Tiffany and I individually, not to mention us together. I couldn’t count the amount of hate comments Tiffany got in one day on her Instagram if it took me all week. Not to mention on all of our other social media sites combined.

There are multiple hate clubs dedicated to ‘destroying TaeNy’ and the ultimate symbol of TaeNy would have to be that adorable little baby inside of her, which put an immediate target on its tiny little back… omo, did it even have a back yet?

That’s not the point! Focus here Taeyeon, your wife is upset.

Right.

I tried to think of something to say but only one thing came to mind.

“I won’t let anything in the world ever happen to you or our little family Tiffany Kim, I promise you. If anyone even tries to touch you I’ll… I’ll kick their and ship them off to Madagascar… That is a real place, right?” Tiffany burst into laughter and I felt a hundred times better already.

“Of course that’s a real place pabo, what did you think it was?” I shrugged.

“I don’t know, I thought it was a made up place for that Cartoon movie. Ya know? Like Narnia,” I lied.

I totally knew it was a real place, but seeing Tiffany smiling again was worth the humiliation and the teasing that I know will follow.

She shook her head.

“Uhn-uh babe, it’s a country in Africa,” she explained. “A real one.” I grinned and wiped another stray tear from her face.

“Well I learn something new every day now don’t I,” I asked. She laughed.

“I guess so Taeyeon.” I smiled.

“I really do mean what I said Tiffany,” I assured. “I won’t let anything in the world hurt you… even the little squirt itself. Once it starts kicking you I’ll have to go in there and kick its too.” She moved her arms around my neck.

“Easy now tiger,” she laughed. “I think that’s one fight I can handle on my own.” 

 

_______________________________________

 

Whoop whoop~!
It's kind of long this time, right?
I thought so at least >_<

BUT I really will apologize to those of you who think it's moving too slow.
I want to speed it up as soon as I can too, but I feel like there are some pretty important things happening around this time? 
Maybe not though, I'm not sure
Either way, you'll have to suffer through it with me
OTL

Sorry!!!

<3

I love to hear all of my readers' feedback and suggestions though so please let me know^^

Also, seriosuly don't mind the chapter titles, I'm literally making them up right before I post the chapter so they more than likely don't mean anything