Decisions

Into the New World: Together

 

 

 

“I don’t know any other way to say this,” the doctor said from across the desk. I felt Tiffany’s grip weakening and hated it. I needed to be strong for her, but that didn’t sound good at all… oh god.

“But, congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Kim.”

I took a deep breath and prepared myself to listen to whatever he had to- to… Wait.

Congratulations?

Why would he be-

“You’re pregnant.”

 “Shut up,” I said impulsively. Omo.

Did I really just say that?

Oh god, I did. I covered my mouth, but it was way too late for that. “Oh no, I’m sorry. I meant, uh- uhm… she’s… we-we’re… A-ar-are you sure?”

“Yes Kim Taeyeon-ssi. From what you two have told me and based on the test results, I would say your wife is around five to seven weeks pregnant.”

My mind went totally blank.

Pregnant? Tiffany is… she’s…

Omo, I couldn’t even wrap my mind around it.

I sat down and- wait, when did I even stand up in the first place?

No, it doesn’t matter.

“S-so what you’re saying is that Tiffany and I...,” I trailed off. Holy, I couldn’t bring myself to say it aloud either.

Pull it together Taeng!

C’mon, deep breaths.

“W-we made… She has- Oh my god.”

I looked at Tiffany’s stomach and froze. Oh god, I felt like I was going to throw up.

“She… she-.”

I couldn’t believe it.

“Ne,” the doctor chuckled. “That’s right Kim Taeyeon-ssi. Your wife has a tiny embryo about the size of an apple seed implanted in her uterus and if everything goes as planned you’ll have a new addition to your family in eight months or so.”

My hands covered my face again and I almost squealed.

I had no idea what to do. This wasn’t a dream or even a false alarm like last time, this was real.

This was happening.

Oh my gosh, it already happened!

I-I don’t think I can breathe.

Tiffany, ani, my wife is pregnant.

PREGNANT!

She has our teeny tiny baby inside of her right now and-

Oh my god. I looked at Tiffany’s stomach again and almost died as a wave of I don’t even know what whirled through my body.

I was happy and excited, not to mention nervous and- and just proud!

I-I have a baby. An actual baby… Holy cow Kim Taeyeon, you’re going to be a dad!

Wait a minute. Aren’t I…

Heol… I’m already a dad, aren’t I?

Ohh~ god, another burst of excitement ran through me as the realization hit.

My baby is already alive and growing inside its very amazing mommy! It’s just a tiny little thing right now but-

Omo, it’s not even bigger than my littlest finger!

How is it so tiny?!

It…it…it?

“I-is it a girl or a boy? Omo, can we do one of those things? Where they put the gooey stuff and-”

“An ultrasound?”

“Ah ne! One of those,” I confirmed. Wow, why couldn’t I think of that?

The doctor grinned, but I wasn’t kidding around. I really wanted to see my baby!

This ahjussi better not mess-

“It unfortunately takes anywhere from sixteen to twenty weeks to be able to tell the gender for sure on an ultrasound Kim Taeyeon-ssi,” the man said.

HUH?!

Holy… It really took that long?

Aish! I wanted to see my baby now!

“It depends on how far along she actually is too, but if we did an ultrasound right now the only thing you would see is a tiny bean shaped image. It’d be no bigger than an actual pea,” he explained. I smiled again. Our little pea~! “If she is farther than six weeks though you might be able to hear a heartbeat, but since-“

Oh.

My.

GOD.

I had to stop him there.

“A HEARTBEAT?!” He looked a little taken back at my loudness so I quickly apologized… again. “Uhm, ahem… I mean i-i-it already has a heartbeat?” He smiled.

“I can’t say for certain, but in week five and six is usually when the heart starts to develop. It doesn’t necessarily mean the machine will pick it up though Kim Taeyeon-ssi. I’ve had couples that didn’t see or hear a heart beat until week nine. It’s all normal, every pregnancy is different.” My nod probably seemed like I was listening, but I couldn’t tell you one thing he just said besides the fact that my baby already had a teeny tiny little heart deep inside my beautiful wife’s tummy.

Oh god. This was too much. I felt weak. Am I going to pass out?

My mind was going crazy and… and-

“Fany-ah it has a heartbeat,” I said aloud before wrapping my arms around the woman I love the most in the world… sorry mom.

It was kind of an awkward position seeing as how we’re both still sitting down in chairs, but I didn’t care. I wanted to hold her all day. I wanted to tell her over and over again just how much I love her and I-

Omo.

As I pulled away from the hug I expected a smile from my queen, but I got the complete opposite instead.

Her expression looked as cold as ice as she glared at the ground in front of her. I could tell her mind was racing behind those busy eyes and I could hear her breaths becoming shorter and shorter and-

“Thi-this doesn’t make sense.”

I felt my smile drop completely.

S-she was… angry?

Omo. What was she angry about? What didn’t make sense?!

I was confused to as what she was confused about!

“I shouldn’t be pregnant,” Tiffany said firmly.

My heart broke.

She was mad about that?

Oh god, a wave of fear spread through me, replacing any of the happy feelings inside of me with ones of terror.

What if…

Oh no, d-d-did she not want our baby?

I clearly remember her reaction last time we had a scare, but that didn’t even compare to this. I don’t know how I didn’t notice it before, but she seemed like a whole different person. Her warmth was completely gone and replaced with an icy feeling that Jessica couldn’t even try to imitate…

“I shouldn’t be pregnant,” she repeated, breaking my heart into even more tiny pieces. “Ho-how is this possible? We used protection every single time.”

I swallowed the growing lump in my throat, but that actually was a good question. Now that I actually thought about it, it really didn’t make sense. We honestly tried not to let this happen...

“I’m sorry to tell you this, but condoms aren’t 100% effective Kim Miyoung-ssi. If used perfectly, which is rarely done, they are still only about 97% effective. In normal use they are said to be around 85% effective.” I nodded at the very surprising information. I honestly had no idea… “Even if you did use it correctly and took all the proper precautions, there is still a very small chance of getting pregnant every time you have .”

Wow~… our baby must have really wanted to be born.

Oh gosh, just that thought alone brought another grin to my face.

It was quickly wiped away though when I saw the discontent look worn by Tiffany.

She was really not happy about this was she?

What do I do?

___________________________________________

 

She walked ahead of me to the car and didn’t even let me open the door for her.

I hated this.

She didn’t say anything other than ‘yes’, ‘okay,’ and other small affirmative phrases the rest of the time the doctor spoke to us either and it killed me. Thankfully he didn’t say much else either.

He just told us that we needed to set up another appointment in a few weeks and that it would be best if Tiffany started to take a prenatal vitamin of some sort, I don’t know. I have the paper in my pocket.

I was just more concerned about my now completely silent wife. I really wanted her to tell me what she was thinking and I wish she would right now, but my wish wasn’t granted.

The whole way home she was silent.

I was seriously scared to know what was going on in her mind, but I also didn’t want to push her. Maybe she was waiting until we got home and away from my manager to say something and I really couldn’t blame her. The less people that know about it right now the better. I mean we haven’t even talked about it, we can’t start telling everyone right off the bat!

I was really relieved when she grabbed my hand once we got in the car though. That was a good sign I think. It proves she didn’t completely hate me… right?

I really hoped so at lea-

“Okay, one of you has to tell me what’s going on,” my manager said as soon as he parked. “You both are being way too quiet.”

Crap, I was hoping he wouldn’t have noticed the awkward atmosphere at all, but I guess he would have been completely stupid to not… Something was obviously off.

For starters Tiffany wasn’t even sitting beside me. That would have been red flag number one to me. We were holding hands but she was at one end of the back seat and I the other. That was definitely strange for us.

“Nothing’s wrong hyung,” I responded quickly. Actually I just didn’t want Tiffany to say something. Who knows what could come out of at this time…

“Don’t lie to me Taeyeon, you’re horrible at it.”

Damnit. I-

“Everything’s alright oppa,” Tiffany said calmly. Omo, what?! “We’re both just really tired.”

“Ah, is that right?” She hummed. “It has nothing to do about whatever the doctor said to you today?”

“Of course not oppa, he just said I needed more rest and to drink more liquids.” Huh?! Where the hell did that come from?

“Ah, jinjja?” She hummed, but I really didn’t think he was about to buy th- “That’s a relief,” my manager sighed.

What?! He bought that?!

Wow~, no wonder Tiffany and I got by sneaking around for so long…

“I thought something was seriously wrong. You two are acting like you got in a fight,” he laughed, but I sighed.

It’s not a fight yet at least…

“Aniyo,” Tiffany reassured. “I’m just sleepy oppa. Th-thank you for taking us today.”

“Ah, ne,” I added quickly. “Thanks hyung.”

“No problem guys,” he replied back. “Get some rest Tiffany-ssi, I’ll see you tomorrow Taeng.” We said our goodbyes with smiles and quickly got out of the car. As soon as the elevator doors closed and put us out of my manager’s sight though, Tiffany’s dark expression returned. Her small smile dropped and then her eyes looked distant yet again.

I tightened my grip on her hand and took a deep breath.

One of us had to say something, it was killing me. Since it obviously wasn’t going to be her though, it was all up to me.

“Tiffany, I-“

“Not right now Taeyeon,” she cut off firmly. I opened my mouth again to speak but I couldn’t.

I was actually speechless. It felt like I had just been kicked in the stomach by an elephant. She shut me down before I even said three words…

Uh, okay shake it off Taeng.

Right.

I couldn’t back down. No, we had to talk about this.

I had to do this.

“Why not now? We-“

“Tae stop.”

She cut me off again and I couldn’t believe this…

My mind was exploding and not in a good way either.

Why did she sound so serious? Why wouldn’t she talk to me?

Was she really that mad?

I’m her husband and she has our baby growing inside of her right now, I think it was a pretty unavoidable conversation that we needed to have. Did she really not see that?

“Tiffany we nee-“

DING

The elevator stopped and Tiffany instantly let go of my hand. As soon as the doors started to open, she was already trying to get out too.

I was one hundred percent dumbfounded.

I didn’t know what to do, what to say, or even what to think right now.

She didn’t even look at me… What do I do?

What can I do?

The elevator doors started to close and I figured my first step better be the actual one out of the elevator.

Right.

I took another deep breath and headed for the door that Tiffany apparently had already gone through.

Ugh. I really needed to talk to her and she was practically running away.

I was freaking out in every way possible inside and here she was giving me the coldest shoulder in the history of cold shoulders. Tiffany is never like that either and it made me even more worried…

What was going on in her mind right now?

I typed in the pass code to our home and as soon as I heard the little tune letting me know it unlocked, I took a deep breath.

I can do this.

I had to do this.

I have to talk to Tiffany whether she likes it or not. I’ll lock her in the closet if I ha-ah- what the!

“OOHP,” I groaned at the strength of the impact.

Almost as soon as I turned around from locking the door, Tiffany’s body flew into mine. Her arms were wrapped snugly around me and I seriously almost lost my balance.

I wasn’t mad obviously, but I was very, very surprised.

Just sixty seconds ago the girl wouldn’t look at me at all and now she was-

Wait.

Now she was… she was… crying?

Oh my god!

I wrapped my arms around her just as tightly and slightly rocked her back and forth in my arms.

“Fany-ah? Wh-what’s wrong? Why are you crying?”

There was nothing but the sound of her sobbing and again I had no idea what to do!

Where did this even come from? She was fine literally a minute ago… How did she go from one to the other so quickly? This was scary!

I rubbed her back up and down with one hand while keeping her pulled tightly against me with the other and decided the talking could definitely wait. I needed to calm my princess down first. Tiffany crying is literally my least favorite thing in the world.

This had to stop first.

My efforts were no use though. There was no end in sight for her tears and I really, really hated this.

“It’s okay,” I cooed for what was probably the thirtieth time. “Please stop crying. Fany-ah~,” I cooed. “Everything will be fi-“

“I-I’m scared Taeyeon,” she said through her tears, interrupting me midsentence. I couldn’t have cared less about that though. I was just happy she finally said something. We had been standing here for a solid five minutes at least and this was the first thing she said since.

“I’m so scared Tae… W-what do we do?” I wrapped my arms around her even tighter and sighed.

That was a question I still didn’t know the answer to myself but I knew we could definitely figure it out together.

The first thing I needed to do though was stop her tears.

Oh boy…

___________________________________________

 

“Are you okay? You don’t need anything else?” I hummed. “Are you sure because once I get in bed I don’t think I’ll get out~,” he practically sang. I had to grin now. He was adorable.

I honestly didn’t know how I got so lucky. He was so sweet and caring that it literally blew my mind.

As soon as I had finally pulled myself together… well I wouldn’t exactly call this together but I was definitely calmer then before… I think. Whatever! I didn’t even want to think about… that… right now. No. Right now I was focusing all my thoughts on Taeyeon.

How he had been running around for the past ten minutes doing everything he could to make sure I was comfortable and how his soothing voice repeated the words ‘we’ll be okay’ so many times it almost made me believe it.

Almost…

Ugh and how his arms around me made me feel somehow safer than before. It was like I was in my own little world where nothing except for him existed and-

“Fany-ah?”

Oh right, I should probably respond.

“Ani,” I said as I shook my head. I didn’t need anything but him right now. “Come here.” He smiled and I ached to be back in my little world yet again. Tae slid under the covers and as soon as his back hit the headboard, I was in his arms.

“MMM~,” he sounded as he squeezed me tight. This felt so good. “You’re warm Fany-ah.” I grinned. “That must be one awesome sweatshirt, where’d you get it?”

Oh my gosh, he was such a dork.

As soon as we got in our bedroom Taeyeon insisted that we changed into more comfortable clothing. He said it would make me feel better and I didn’t disagree. Laying down in skinny jeans wasn’t the most pleasant feeling in the world. He then took it upon himself however to pick out ‘comfy’ clothes for me to put on, which included one of his sweatshirts.

He gave me his sweatshirt to wear and he was seriously asking that?

Two could play this game…

“I don’t know, some random guy,” I grinned.

“Ah, jinjja?” I hummed. “Was he cute?”

Oh goodness.

“Not really,” I smirked. “He looked like a real weirdo.”

“Yah~,” he laughed. “Fine then! Take it off.”

“I’m just kidding Taet-ah! Yah! Stop- stop,” I laughed as his hands began tickling, I mean attacking, me.

“Uhn-uh~,” he sounded playfully. “Take it off! You can’t wear it if a weirdo gave it to you~!”

I tried to move out of his reach, but it only made things worse.

Way, way, way~ worse.

That punk sat on my legs so I couldn’t even try to move!

Seriously.

“Tae- oh my gosh. Tae~,” I said in desperate breaths as his hands moved up my side and then back down, torturing me every inch of the way. He being the evil person he is just laughed though. “Tae, please… omo… I’m dying~,” I said between breaths.

Why was tickling even legal?!

“What a liar,” he laughed. “You’re laughing!”

While that was true, I still hated it!

Okay, well maybe I didn’t hate it. Actually I kind of loved when he tickled me… Well I wouldn’t say that I loved it either.

Ugh, I guess I just kinda had a love/hate relationship with it.

I loved his hands roaming my body and especially the warm, tingly feeling I got after he stopped tickling me, but the feeling while he was doing it… not so much.

I had to stop this.

When I made a grab for his hand though I think it made the situation even worse than it was.

Oh no. I did.

Not only did I completely miss his hand, but I exposed even more of my side for him to attack and- Holy!

“OWW,” I called out in pain. What the- Oh wow, I totally forgot about that bruise being there. Oh my gosh that hurt…

The other day during practice, I accidently ran straight into Seohyun’s killer elbow. It hurt so badly when it happened and as a result I have a bruise like right under my armpit. I totally forgot it was there too seeing as how I don’t really touch my armpit that oft-

“Wha-what’d I do?”

I was pulled from my quick thoughts only to notice that Taeyeon had his hands out in front of him like I was pointing a gun at him and his wide eyes locked on me. I grinned.

Aigo~! He thought he hurt me?

Please… I’ve lived through plenty of his tickle attacks and that one didn’t even compare to most.

“Nothing I-“

“Did I hurt the baby?”

My smile dropped completely and it felt like I had been hit by a high speed bus. The air escaped my lungs and-

The baby… I…

Oh my god. I really don’t know how I actually forgot about that for a minute.

How could I forget there was an actual person growing inside of me right now? Not just a person either though, but a person that Taeyeon and I created together.

Oh my god. My hand involuntarily moved to my stomach and I don’t even know why!

I couldn’t believe i-

“Tiffany,” Taeyeon said firmly, his hand on my cheek. “Are you okay? Is it okay?”

I nodded, but wait… When did his hand get there?

Whatever…

“Are you sure? Is everything fi-“

“Yeah Tae. Eh-everyone is fine,” I said, cutting him off. “I just have a bruise there.” He looked so confused I didn’t even have to hear the next word out of his mouth to know what he said.

“How?” I couldn’t help but chuckle. His expression was definitely picture worthy.

“We were rehearsing and I ran into Seohyun’s elbow dur-“

“Say no more,” he interrupted. He was already well aware of her dangerous elbow. “You scared the hell out of me babe.” His arms wrapped around me and I almost burst into tears yet again as the overwhelming emotions raced through me once more.

I, Stephanie Hwang Miyoung, am pregnant.

I know I’m legally a Kim now, but that didn’t stop me from being completely worried about my family. What would they say about this?

It wasn’t a ‘I might be’, or ‘I could be’… I was.

Oh no, I am.

I have a… a baby, inside of me right now and I have absolutely no idea what to do.

“Fany?” His voice pulled me from my thoughts yet again, but then made me realize something else completely.

Omo.

Taeyeon.

This was his problem too, how was he being so calm about it all? I seriously ruined everything and here he was tickling me?

My brain couldn’t process this.

“Yah, are you sure you’re okay? Do you want me to call-“

“Tae,” I squeaked… literally. There was a lump in my throat and I couldn’t swallow it. “Wha-what do we do?” He moved back down beside me and pulled me into his arms again.

“Well, what do you want to do babe,” he asked softly.

That was a good question, but I couldn’t think at all. My mind was numb.

Did he have an idea? Maybe he was being so calm because he already knew what to do?

“Wh-what can we do?”

“There are only two options Fany-ah.”

Uhh…

Huh?

I was really confused now.

Only two options? What the hell was he talking about?

I know I said I couldn’t think, but I definitely knew there were more than two options… That’s why my head was such a mess to begin with! There were so many options and decisions we had to make I didn’t even know where to begin.

“We can either keep it,” he paused and my heart actually stopped.

He wasn’t…

“Or we get-“

“Don’t,” I interrupted loudly. I didn’t even want to hear the second ‘option.’ If you could even call that one.

I knew what he was about to say and I honestly couldn’t believe something like that would ever come out of that idiot’s mouth!

“Kim Taeyeon, if you seriously think that I want to get rid of our baby, you need to get the hell out of here right now,” I said after I moved out of his arms. I needed to make sure I got through to him with that.

Ugh, I can’t believe that was even on his mind! This was Taeyeon right?

He looked like a scolded puppy at first, but then a look of pure confusion spread across his face and I’m not sure how much clearer I could have made it…

“Bu-but you-you,” he stuttered. “You don’t want to?”

What?!

Seriously?! Why did he think I wanted to do that in the first place?

“Of course not Taeyeon, how could I want something like that,” I asked in disbelief. It was our baby! How could he even… wait. Oh god. My heart dropped in to my stomach. “Do you want-”

If I didn’t know any better I would have thought he just saw a ghost by the expression on his face. A huge sense of relief spread within me though with his next words.

“No, no, no, no, no~ Fany-ah. I don’t want to do that at all… I-I just thought you did.” I impulsively hit his chest.

“Why in the hell would I want to do that Kim Taeyeon? This is OUR baby. We can’t just get rid of him.”

“I-I… Y-y-you…”

His mouth opened and closed a few more times and I was seriously beginning to worry that I broke him.

Is this why he had been so careful though? He thought I wanted to…to get rid of our little yet huge mistake?

“Bu-but,” he started again. “You… wait.” Oh no here he goes aga- “Him?”

His smile was bigger than the sun and I couldn’t understand what he was going on about now.

Omo, I think I might have really broken him…

“Huh,” I sounded. “What are you talking about? The doctor?” He shook his head.

What other ‘him’ could he be-

“You called our baby a boy…,” he trailed off, still smiling. “You want it to be a boy,” he said as he grinned from ear to ear. I couldn’t believe it though.

“D-did I?” He nodded. Holy…

Do I?

No. The better question is why am I even thinking about that right now? Whether our baby was a boy or a girl was literally the least of my problems.

Right now I have so many other things to worry about it wasn’t even funny… What were our families going to say about this? Not only them though but our members, managers, fans, and the most intimidating one of all, our CEO.

I’m completely screwed.

My members will hate me for ruining SNSD, my family will be disappointed in me for sure too. I mean I came to Korea for my career and now-

“I don’t know why though,” Taeyeon cooed sweetly as he put his hand on my stomach. “Our little Dukong is obviously a girl.”

I’m not sure if it was his soft, sweet voice or just the fact that he was talking to our unborn child while trying to feel it at the same time, but it made me feel so happy and warm. It was indescribable. I took a deep, relaxing breath and-

Hold on…

Dukong?!”

___________________________________________

 

“Why are you calling it dukong Kim Taeyeon,” Tiffany asked with a hint of annoyance. I grinned. “If you think we’re naming it that you can-MMPF.” I cut her off with my lips for I didn’t know what else to do.

I was so happy words couldn’t even try to describe it.

Oh my gosh!

I wanted to shout it from the rooftop and-

Omo, we do have a balcony…

Ani! Taeng, you can’t do that! What if someone hears you?

Right… I’m right.

I’m sure if I had any form of social media though I would have already spilled the news! I was just so ecstatic and excited and relieved and- WAH~!

My wife is having a baby!

One that I put there!

Oh my god.

We made a baby and I’m going to get to hold her in my arms in just eight more long months.

AISH!

Why did it take so long to make a baby? I wanted to hold her now!

I wrapped my arms tighter around my beautiful queen and sighed. This would just have to suffice for now. I mean I was kinda hugging the baby too, right?

“I’m serious Taeyeon. I am not letting it be named after your stuffed peas… It’s just not happening.” I had to laugh at that one.

“Calm down Fany-ah~,” I said before kissing her cheek. “I was just calling her that because I think she needs a nickname. We can’t just keep calling her ‘it’ or ‘baby,’ ya know?”

She looked like she was thinking it over, but I thought it was a great idea… especially if we wanted to talk about it in public. Hearing ‘our baby’ would definitely throw up some red flags.

“The doctor said she was the size of a pea too so it’s perfect Fany-ah,” I explained. “Don’t you think?” She took a deep breath and I immediately regretted saying anything.

Oh god.

Good going pabo! She just said that she didn’t want to get rid of our baby and now you’re already urging her to use a nickname?

Chill out Kim Taeyeon. I know you’re excited, but Tiffany seems to just be warming up to the idea. You need to give her time to let it sink in…

Jeesh, I can’t believe myself.

“Or not,” I said again. “We can call her whatever you want baby, we don’t have to decide now... I’m just so glad you want to keep her.” I wrapped my arms around her again and only earned another loaded sigh.

Uh-oh.

I didn’t say something wrong again did I?

“Did you really think I wanted to get rid of it Taeyeon,” Tiffany spoke softly. I pulled away and sheepishly nodded. I didn’t want to lie to her, but when her face looked so heartbreaking a few seconds later, I wish I would’ve. “Why,” she asked.

Oh gosh…

“Well... you weren’t exactly excited about it babe,” I started. “And last year when we had that scare you were really, really against it. You-“

“That was different then Taeyeon,” she interrupted. I nodded.

That was true. We weren’t even engaged back then let alone close to wanting children. We hadn’t even been together for a year when that happened and now we are married… of course things have changed.

“I know that, but even today you seemed like you were really mad… like you didn’t want it at all. So I-“

“I don’t want it,” she said flatly, causing my heart to stop.

I know I didn’t just hear that, did I?

“I never wanted this… a-and I’m still really pissed off Taeyeon,” I heard her voice crack and my mind went blank.

She… she just said she didn’t want to get rid of it though.

Omo, just because she doesn’t want to get rid of it doesn’t necessarily mean she wants to keep it once it’s born…

Oh my god.

Di-did she want to give it up for adoption?

No, she couldn’t… Right?

What was she talking about then?

Why is she still mad though too?

Was she mad at me for something? Omo, she didn’t already hate our unborn baby did she?!

Oh god, none of these options were good.

This can’t be happening. This wasn’t happening. I-

“But now that I have it...,” she paused to sniff and I froze.

Now that she has it what?!

Oh my god.

I could see the tears welling in her eyes once more and this was the worst form of torture. As much as I wanted to wrap my arms around her and let her cry it all out, I needed to hear what she was about to say.

I had to.

“I…I,” she hesitated. “I want it… I really want our baby Tae.”

With the last word her tear gates opened and I was over the moon.

Okay, that sounded horrible.

I wasn’t happy she was crying, jeesh, I’m not a monster. No, I was happy because no matter what Tiffany said in the past or even if she says something different tomorrow, I’ll know this is really what she wants.

All her back and forth decisions finally made sense too.

Tiffany didn’t want a baby at all.

Now that she actually has one though, I think her mind is starting to change.

I honestly don’t think Tiffany was ever fully against having a baby, actually I think she really wants to have them… just not right now… at all. That’s why her reaction was so, uh… well… strong too I think.

It’s not that she doesn’t want our baby or hates it or anything like that, it’s just that she didn’t want it right now.

Gah, why didn’t I even think of this before?

I almost gave myself a heart attack for nothing!

Now I just have to get her warmed up to the idea of having a baby now instead of later. It shouldn’t be too hard… right?

If this was five or so years later I’m sure my Fany-ah would have no problem with being just as happy as I was right from the start.

Right now though Tiffany’s work pretty much was her baby and has been for the past few years. She cared about it like no other and I totally understood. I mean she moved to Korea and gave up most of her teenage years for her career, who could blame her for being worried about what this would do?

Seven years of hard work potentially taken away by one night of fun was something really scary.

Hell, I was even a little worried about what was going to happen to our careers. I loved mine just as much as Tiffany and I’d be devastated if for some reason I couldn’t perform again. I would miss my fans and just performing in general like no other, but none of it even comes close to the amount of love I have for Tiffany and now for our little Dukong as well.

Tiffany just needed time to see it. Thankfully I had about eight more months to get through to her, but I really doubt it would take more than one.

I think once Tiffany gets over the initial shock, she’ll be just as happy as I am! Honestly though, how could she not?

I was going to be a dad and she was going to be a mom!

We are having a baby. Oh my gosh, I felt so bubbly.

What put the cherry on top though was the fact that Tiffany wanted to have our baby.

Holy .

Thi-this was actually happening.

She-

“Does that make me selfish,” she asked from my arms.

“Huh,” I sounded aloud. That sure threw me off. It made no sense whatsoever either. “How does wanting your own baby make you selfish Fany-ah? I want our baby too and I don’t feel bad about it at all.”

Seriously, I can’t wait to hold our little Dukong. I honestly don’t even know how I was supposed to wait eight months for the little princess to come out.

“But- but Taeyeon,” she started in a distraught tone. “What about SNSD? What about the fans? What about the company? I-I can’t do anything while I’m pregnant Tae. What am I going to do?”

“Shh,” I sounded before rubbing her back. “Everything will be fine babe. Your members will understand. I’m sure they’ll start fighting over who gets to babysit our little Dukong first as soon as they hear the news,” I said cheerfully. “And the fans already want us to have babies Tiffany, so this will only make them happier.” I felt her take a deep breath and I think my words might actually be working.

I knew Tiffany worried a ton about her fans, but this was too much… way too much.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my fans a lot too. I wouldn’t be where I am today if it wasn’t for them, but this is a whole different story.

If they didn’t like a song or a hairstyle or something, then fine. I would probably stray away from doing it again in the future, but this… No way. This was our life! This was our life together and they had no say in what we did whatsoever.

Gah, is this why she seemed so hesitant? Was she really that worried about what her fans and company would say?

I need to try harder to get through to her.

“Fany-ah, we’ll be okay. We’re people before we’re idols, remember? My family comes first and that includes this little baby inside of you,” I grinned while rubbing her flat tummy. “It’s just us three from now on and I won’t let anything bad happen to us, I promise.”

“What about SM?” Her voice sounded like a little girl that had just lost her favorite toy and I couldn’t hide my smile.

Did she really need me to go through every single thing she was worried about and tell her why she didn’t need to worry?

Aigo~, if that’s what it took!

 “SM will just have to get over it Fany-ah,” I said definitively. “We’re married! We didn’t do anything wrong did we?”

“Uhn-uh,” she grunted. “I guess not…”

Gah~, she is too adorable.

“Exactly. You’ll just have to take a short break and then you can continue being the iest idol I know,” I said before pulling her even closer. I brought my lips to her head, but a second later she spoke again.

“W-what if SM kicks me out,” she asked after a few adorable yet heartbreaking sniffles. “Taeyeon I really won’t know what to do if they kick me out.”

Aish, this girl…

“Why would they kick out the visual of the nation’s girl group Fany-ah? You’re the cutest one there,” I grinned. “Besides, our new contracts covered this didn’t they? They can’t kick you out for having a baby.”

A few weeks before our wedding, we signed new contracts with SM because of our upcoming marriage. They just changed a few things, I don’t remember all the exact details, but I know there was definitely something about what happens if Tiffany were to get pregnant after we got married and I know they can’t get rid of her.

Actually if I remember correctly I think it was pretty much the same thing if she were to get seriously injured.

Just like when she hurt her knee really badly, Tiffany would get enough time off to heal, or in this case have the baby, and be able to come back when she felt like she could and of course had the doctors approval.

“But… but,” she hesitated. “What will the fans say? They won’t want to watch an idol with a baby Taeyeon… I’m going to ruin SNSD.”

“Aish~,” I sounded aloud this time. “A ton of famous people have kids Tiffany. Their fans don’t love them any less.” I smirked. “People might even love us more since our baby will be the cutest one in the world,” I said playfully before kissing her pink cheeks. I saw her start to grin too, but she quickly shook it off.

“I’m serious Taeyeon. Would you want to watch an idol with a baby?” I nodded.

“Of course. Why wouldn’t I want to watch the woman that gave me my first child dance ily on stage?” She nudged me with her elbow, but all I could do was laugh. Her smile sure wasn’t hiding anymore.

“Taeyeon I’m serious~,” she whined. “Do you really think people will still support us after this?” I sighed.

“I really do Tiffany. People still watch the actors and actresses here that have babies, why wouldn’t they support us? Heck Angelina Jolie has like twenty kids and people still love her, Sooyoung especially,” I laughed. I heard Tiffany chuckle as well and I couldn’t stop smiling.

This was exactly what I wanted.

Tiffany needs to calm down and realize just how silly she was being.

Yes having a baby is obviously a big deal, but if the fans really couldn’t support her after this, were they really fans at all?

I mean we’re married so it wasn’t like she got pregnant out of wedlock. They can’t get mad about that.

She sat out for months for her knee injury too and people couldn’t wait for her to come back! Wouldn’t this be kind of the same?

This time when she came back she’d have a ton of adorable stories about our little Dukong to tell too. How could they be mad about that? I mean, who doesn’t love babies?

She was being absolutely crazy.

It really does that we’re the guinea pig couple though. We don’t know how any of this will end up because were the first ones to do it!

Ugh… so frustrating.

“She only has like five Taetae, don’t be stupid,” she said proving my point… and pulling me from my thoughts.

“Exactly Fany-ah! If all these other celebrities can have babies and still stay celebrities, why can’t we?” She didn’t say anything, but that didn’t stop me from trying to cheer her up. “Maybe since we’re the ‘Nation’s Couple’ our baby could be the ‘Nation’s Baby,’” I laughed, finally earning a response from the beauty in front of me.

“I love you.”

Well that was unexpected…

“I love you too Fany-ah,” I grinned.

“Thank you for being here Tae, I don’t know what I would’ve done if you weren’t there today.” Aigo~! Did she really think I would’ve missed this?

“Well I should thank you too then,” I countered. “Thank you for giving me my first child Stephanie Kim Miyoung.” I brought my lips to hers briefly before continuing. “There isn’t anyone else in the world I would rather be doing this with. You-”

“There better not be,” she said sharply.

Omo, wh-what the… I was trying to be sweet a-and she snapped at me!?

I knew the doctor said something about the pregnancy messing with her emotions and her mood changing, but was it already starting?

Gah~ no wonder she cried for so long earlier. It was like all her emotions were being intensified and-

Oh god… that wasn’t jealousy, was it?

Ohh~ no. Please no.

Tiffany’s normal jealousy was scary; I don’t even want to imagine it intensified…

I’m in trouble.

Big trouble.

 

___________________________________________

Short chapter~!

Sorry! I hope you all like it though. I'll cross my fingers!

I wanted to get this out here today though. Since it was/is still my birthday in some places I wanted to update for my gift to you all, like a reverse birthday^^

How much of a gift it will be though.... I'm not sure.

I'm not 100% happy with this chapter, but I'm also way too tired to go through and edit it again tonight
I might edit it tomorrow when I wake up, so please excuse the double update if you get one.

Sorry<3


OH~!

Also, a few people have been messaging me about either skipping through a lot of Tiffany's pregnancy to see the baby or really wanting to see a lot of the process and not skipping so much.

I still haven't decided what I'm going to do, but this poll might help!

Thanks again<3