LA Bound

Into the New World: Together

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Heol… noona, I didn't even think it was possible for you to look like this,” SHINee’s Minho said with wide eyes. I had to laugh.

She didn’t look that much different from the picture that spread around a few weeks ago, but I guess seeing it in person was definitely a little different than looking at a picture. I still don't believe it myself sometimes... I would NEVER ever say it like he did though…

He was a brave soul.

“Yah, do you want to die,” Tiffany asked playfully. I laughed.

“Ani, it’s just… wow. How much longer?”

“About two months,” I replied. It was technically sixty-six days away from the ‘due date’ the doctor gave us but who’s counting?

She actually said it could be up to two weeks before or after the ‘due date’ they gave us since every person is different but we just stuck with the date right in the middle to be safe.

“Jinjja?” I nodded. “Wow hyung that’s so exciting.” I hummed.

It was. I was more than excited for him to finally get here, but right now all I could focus on was Tiffany and the fifteen hour flight ahead of us. I knew the doctor gave her medical permission to fly this late in the pregnancy but I was still worried!

Tiffany really didn’t even have to come but since this SMTOWN concert was in California she wanted to go. Not only for SMTOWN of course but because this would probably be the last time she could fly back home to see her family until well after Dukong was born. While I was pretty worried, I also really wanted her to spend all the time she could with her family. Especially since Dukong was going to be born in Korea. Even though Tiffany and our son are both perfectly healthy and hopefully still will be after he is born, we didn’t want to risk it any more than we needed to and fly back to America anytime in the first few months.

“Are you comfy,” I asked as I put our carry on bags in the overhead compartment. She laughed.

“Tae, I literally just sat down. Give me a second.” I sighed.

Right.

Just because I was nervous didn’t mean I needed to stress her out any more.

“I was just asking babe, I thought I saw the flight attendant coming this way,” I said playing it off as cool as I could. “She wasn’t.” Tiffany smiled up at me and a teeny tiny bit of the worry went away.

“Well then we’ll just have to catch her next time. Sit,” she urged. “My weekend of non-stop cuddling starts now.” I grinned.

Her aegyo could probably stop a war. Seriously, I mean how did it make me so weak?

Maybe since I haven’t been seeing her as much as I usually do my Tiffany defences have been slowly fading bit by bit… ugh or maybe my pregnant wife was really just THAT breathtaking.

I’ll go with the second one.

Since we kind of snuck around the fans waiting outside with the help of airport security we were the first to arrive. SHINee got here a few minutes after and then the SM groups really started rolling in.

F(x) was next and literally every single member stopped to see Tiffany’s baby bump.

“Oh my gosh unnie~,” Sulli practically yelled. They all wanted to give her a hug and some of them even wanted to feel her stomach so there was only one thing I could do.

“Maybe we should switch seats?” Tiffany laughed, her eye smile blessing me once again.

“Yeah, that’s probably a good idea,” she grinned. I agreed. Now they didn’t have to hug over me and they could see her adorable baby bump even better than before… and they definitely needed to.

It was SO adorable.

SM’s new girl group came through next and they all lit up at the sight of Tiffany. Not only was Tiffany a legendary SNSD member that I’m sure they all looked up to, Tiffany had also been kind of mentoring them for the past few weeks. She even went to the studio with them last week to help them record at their top potential.

Tiffany was a bit of a perfectionist after all…

One stopped long enough to tell her that she looked pretty today, which I totally agreed with, and another one mentioned something about going to LA in English so I figured she must be one of the American ones.

“You guys seem to be getting close,” I teased. She smiled.

“They’re so cute. The one that was excited to go to LA was Sammy, the one I told you about?” I nodded.

Ah~ okay. From what I understood she was Tiffany’s favorite… or at least she’s the one I've heard most about. She was from LA and apparently her Korean wasn't the best. I think that’s why Tiffany felt a connection with her too. I guess there were two Americans in the group but the other one spoke Korean like a native? I’m not totally sure, I forget what Fany told me the other day.

We’ve been so busy since their debut that TYS hasn't really got the chance to talk to them. I only remember seeing a couple of them when I was a trainee so that didn’t help much either.

Speaking of… the last two artists from SM just boarded the plane and they were headed right for me.

“Noona~,” Sooyoung exclaimed.

Okay more like headed toward Tiffany… jerks.

“Daebak,” Yuri said in awe. “You look unbelievable.”

They hadn’t seen her in awhile either now that I think about it… not in person anyway. Sooyoung hummed.

“You look like… SO pregnant noona,” he laughed. “How much longer again? Three months?”

“Two,” I corrected. His jaw dropped.

“Woah~ that’s so close… How crazy,” he asked rhetorically. “You are gonna name him after me right?” He grinned. “Taengo said you already- OW~ Taeng, what the heck?” I acted like I was going to hit him again.

“You know you’re not supposed to talk about that in public,” I tried to say under my breath.

It’s not really that we don’t want people to know our kid’s name… it’s just that we don't want them to know his name yet. I mean we really only have half the name picked out any way, but we’re just worried about outside influence. If we tell the world what his name is or just the part that were sure of, we’re afraid someone will comment about it or make fun of it and make us second guess our choice completely. It could work the opposite way and give us great ideas too, but we want it to be our decision and our decision only no matter what.

Sooyoung’s eyes grew twice their size.

“Omo! I’m so sorry hyung. I totally forgot about it. I-”

“It’s okay Sooyoung, just please try not to say anything about it,” Tiffany said sweetly.

Oh my gosh, she was so precious. How could one human be so-

“Yeah, Tiffany already let the world know it’s a boy on live radio,” Yuri laughed. “They don’t want everything getting out.” Sooyoung laughed and I could see my Fany pouting so I did the only thing I could.

“Yah,” I said as I tried to hit Yuri this time. He unfortunately was able to move just in time to miss my fist. He stuck his tongue out at me and kept walking down the aisle with Soo to where their seats were. “Aish~,” I said under my breath again. “I’m gonna get him when we get to LA.” Tiffany laughed.

“Take it easy killer,” she teased. “I’m still really sorry about that though Tae; I honestly can’t believe I said that on live radio.” Oh my- “I was doing so good for months and-”

“It’s seriously okay Fany-ah,” I said again. This had to be at least the hundredth time I’ve said this to her too.

She felt bad for revealing it without me, but when I heard what happened I just laughed. Watching the video of it happening was even better actually. SNSD’s, and especially Sunny’s, reaction was hilarious.

It definitely didn't come out as we originally planned, but how could I be mad? She obviously didn’t mean to and it wasn’t like Dukong being a boy would be kept a secret forever. Him being a boy was probably the next thing we would've revealed to the public anyway so she just sped it up a little.

Besides, our fans thought it was totally hilarious that Tiffany’s pregnancy brain caused her to slip up. Some said it was really cute too and I couldn't agree more.

However we did start to receive even more stuff for Dukong from our fans a few days after his gender was revealed.

Just like we worried...

A couple days after the news came out and when the gifts really started rolling in we had to put a stop to it. That same day we asked SM if they could make an announcement for us or something and then post it on our group’s official fancafes too.

I forget what the announcement said word-for-word, but it pretty much asked fans to not send things for our baby.

It explained to them in our announcement how we greatly appreciated every single one of their gifts but we just felt like it was all too much. It was amazing and just so heartwarming to know that our fans care about us enough to even show concern about our baby, but it really wasn’t necessary.

We knew some fans would be disappointed but we just felt so odd about accepting their gifts for him. It was one thing to accept gifts for us, but for our child that isn't even born yet? It just felt weird.

On top of already not wanting to accept gifts for him, some of the netizen comments I’ve been reading online recently have really stuck with me. One person said that the only reason we talk about our baby so much is to get our fans to send us stuff.. which-I just… why would people believe that?

That’s CLEARLY not the case. Tiffany and I are just so excited to be able to finally hold our little dude and we wanted to share the excitement. If that’s what people are taking from our interviews though… we might have to stop talking about him in general.

Talk bad about me all you want netizens, but leave Tiffany and our little Youngie out of it!

“But-” I had to cut her off again.

“But nothing,” I said. “Tiffany I promise it’s fine…” I wrapped my arm around her shoulder. “Hey we should shop for him while we’re there too,” I commented, trying to get her mind off it. “We don’t have to try to hide us buying boy colored stuff anymore.” She smiled.

“That is true.” I hummed.

“Exactly, now don't you dare apologize again. You didn't do anything wrong, okay?” I watched her smile grow as she scooted over and cuddled into me a little more.

“Fine,” I heard after I felt her nod a little. “But don’t move for fifteen hours then, okay?” I chuckled. Where did that come from?

She was crazy, but I played along anyway.

“Okay will do.”

“I’m serious,” she whined. “I miss cuddling you Taetae. Dukong misses you too.” I pouted.

That was never a good thing to hear, but at least she wasn’t mad at me for not being there most of the time like she very well could’ve been. This was probably the best part of us both working in the same industry actually.

She understood why I had to be away so much and she even encouraged me to leave sometimes… well not really to leave, but she did persuade me last week to accept an offer to film a commercial in Thailand. We both knew I’d be gone for a few days because of it but she talked me right into it!

“I can’t wait until your promotions are over,” she grinned. “Then it can be just you and me home all~ day.” I had to smile.

“I can’t wait either,” I admitted as I pulled her in briefly.

Now that I’m thinking about it though, that sounded really bad of me. Aish!

I didn't want my promotions to stop, I mean I love performing so much! I would perform every day if I could. Seeing and hearing all our fans cheer us on was an indescribable feeling too, but so was spending time with my wife and unborn child.

Ugh, I just wish I could do both at the same time! I smirked.

Now that was even funnier to think about.

I clearly didn't want Tiffany out on stage while I performed, but if she could easily and safely tag along to all our events and performances I would be the happiest guy in the world… too bad it isn't safe or easy to do so.

I’m not saying that she would one hundred percent get hurt if she tried to come with me everywhere, but some of our fans are definitely… passionate, to say the least. Heck even walking into music shows can be stressful sometimes. One time we even had to leave a fansign event for a few minutes because the fans in line were getting too rowdy. We came back out after they settled down of course, but that was still probably the craziest fan meeting I've ever experienced.

We've been pushed and pulled and even hit by flying objects! Albeit it was a gift that a fan was trying to get to us, it was still no place for my very pregnant wife to be and that’s why I couldn't wait for promotions to be over.

“But then you’ll have your tour and leave me again,” she said dramatically. I happily sighed.

“I’ll have a lot more time in between tour dates than I do regular schedules babe and you know it.” She hummed.

“That’s true… and I can go to some of those so it won't be as~ bad.” I watched her smile grow and I just couldn't stop myself.

I brought my lips to hers; but briefly of course. We were in public after all.

“Just two weeks babe,” I said encouragingly. “After that I’ll be home so much you’ll get sick of me.” She smiled.

In two weeks my promotions for ‘Overdose’ unofficially ended. I still had a few things here and there and obviously we still had our TYS tour dates, but overall I would be a hell of lot less busy so I could stay home and take care of my wife. I even talked to Lee Sooman about giving me a ‘kind of’ break and he actually agreed!

SERIOUSLY. I almost didn’t believe it either. I think I teared up honestly.

I wouldn’t be missing fan-sign events or concerts of course, but I just wouldn't be signing on to do much extra either. Yuri and Sooyoung were fully capable to do variety appearances on their own so I know I wouldn't be holding them back at all.

LSM and I agreed that until my child is born he won’t even talk to me about signing on to do anything other than what I’ve already agreed to. I definitely couldn’t go back on things I’ve already said yes to nor did I want to. Some of them were going to be so fun!

“Aye~ that’s not possible,” she said playfully. “It will be amazing.” I hummed.

“It will be.” I looked down at the beautiful lady looking back at me and grinned.

I’ll make sure of it!

_____________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

I sat back down in my seat and Taeyeon was giving me the most amused look.

“What,” I asked. I felt sort of embarrassed actually. Did I do something wrong? Omo. “Is there something on my-” He shook his head.

“Nothing… just... the bathroom again?” Oh my-

I could tell he was teasing, but I still had to defend myself.

“Yah, you try carrying a baby that for some reason thinks your bladder is a trampoline,” I argued. He laughed and quickly wrapped an arm around me.

“Aigo~, I’m sorry Fany, I didn’t mean to sound mean… it’s just fascinating.” His hand caressed my bump and all forms of anger and annoyance quickly fled from my body.

How could one touch make me melt? This definitely wasn't fair.

“You know sometimes I still don’t believe it,” he lowly chuckled. I think he was trying to talk softer since almost everyone around us was asleep, but it just made his voice sound that much ier. “I knew I always wanted to have kids with you Fany-ah, but now that it’s happening and I’m so close to meeting our little guy I-” He stopped to sigh, but it wasn’t a tired sigh or heavy at all.

It was somehow light, but I didn’t have long to think about it because he thankfully continued his sentence.

“I’m so happy.” His arm pulled me closer and I felt his lips on my cheek. “Thank you so much Fany-ah. I can’t wait to be a parent with you.” I looked up onto his glistening eyes and my heart sank. He really looked like he was about to cry!

Oh my- Why?!

Seeing him get so emotional like this and hearing his sweet words on top of that made me feel like crying too!

I was seriously the luckiest girl in the world. Taeyeon was the most amazing person I knew and he was mine! I knew he would be the best daddy to our Dukong too and he was already a better husband than I could've ever imagined. Ugh!  I could tell I was tearing up now as well, but th- I- no!

Nevermind… scratch that.

I was crying.

“Omo,” Taeyeon said in surprise. “What’s wrong?” He wiped the tear that was rolling down my face away and I had to laugh.

“Nothing Tae.” He looked skeptical. Aish! “I- just… you looked like you were going to cry and you were being so sweet…,” I trailed off. “I don’t know~ I just got emotional okay?” He practically giggled.

“Okay, okay~,” he said. “You’re so cute when you're flustered.” I pouted.

Why did he always have to tease me like this?

“I blame Dukong.”

If it wasn’t for him I would be able to handle a lot more of Taeyeon’s teasing than this… I wouldn’t be as emotional either! I mean, I literally cried because of a dog food commercial last week…

IT WAS CUTE OKAY?

Ugh I’m a mess.

“Hmm-mm,” he sounded as he shook his head. “I blame Miyoung.” I scrunched up my nose in defense, but when I saw my manager unnie shuffle in the seat in front of us I realized just how loud we were being.

I can pretend to argue with Taeyeon later; right now he needs to rest.

“Whatever… go to sleep or something” I said. He laughed.

“We only have a couple hours left babe, can't I stay up and stare at you?” I fought back my grin… poorly.

“No~ you need sleep. You have a concert tomorrow…” I think? “Right?” He puzzledly nodded.

What time even is it- er I guess which time zone is the real question.

Once we figured out where we were and how much longer it would take to get to LA, I finally talked Taeyeon in to at least trying to sleep for the last three hours. He had been seriously overworking himself for the past month and a half and he needed it, and apparently so did I.

All I remember is leaning my head on Taeyeon and now he’s telling me to wake up?  What the-

“Babe wake up, we’re here~,” I heard his sweet voice sing. I opened my eyes to see all the lights on in the plane and I was surprised.

Here? As in landed here?!? How was that even possible?

“Oh my gosh, already,” I asked. Taeyeon nodded.

“Mmhm,  we’re about to start getting off too Fany-ah. Give me your blanket.” I did as he asked and then watched him fold it up and put it right into my hot pink carry on bag. I laughed.

“Tae~, I could've done that,” I said as I took the bag from him. I might still be half asleep but I could've folded up my own blanket if that’s what he wanted me to do with it, jeesh. He didn't even ask! He grinned.

“No worries, I already did,” he said before bringing his lips to my forehead. “I put all your other stuff in there too so we’d be ready faster.” I smiled, my heart feeling full.

Thankfully he did too because only a few minutes after I woke up we were being rushed out of the plane by our managers. SHINee was in front of us and f(x) was behind us as we single-filedly walked out of the plane. Instead of us continuing on with the rest of our SM family though, Taeyeon and I were directed toward a smaller pathway leading downstairs. Our managers said that there were a ton of fans here too surprisingly so we had to sneak around them this time as well.

We were kind of bummed that we didn't get to see our fans waiting for us here and in Korea, but since sometimes airports did get a little hectic, Taeyeon and I both were okay with missing them just a few times… We’d get to see them in full force tomorrow night too so that will definitely make up for it.

Taeyeon and I along with two of our managers all followed a couple of security guards through a few hallways where I’m pretty sure I saw a handful of  ‘Staff Only’ signs. They eventually led us outside where there was already a taxi van waiting for us.

Heol, sometimes the perks of being a celebrity were unreal.

Taeyeon’s manager put our luggage into the back of the van and then hopped in the back row himself before Taeyeon helped me into the middle row and then less than a minute later we were off! My manager unnie told the driver where to go and I was trying to pay attention in case I needed to help with the English, but I just couldn't stop looking out the window.

It was SO nice to be back home. Even though it was just the airport I could already see the palm trees and feel the sun- ugh.

It felt so nice. I-

“Are you glad to be back,” Taeyeon asked with an all too knowing grin. Aigo~!

“Was it that obvious?” He nodded.

“One hundred percent,” he laughed. “When are we meeting your family?” I sighed.

Oh honey...

“You mean when am I meeting my family?” Tae’s brows furrowed.

“No~, I’m coming too Fany-ah, I told you,” he insisted. I nodded.

I understood that he wanted to come with me to see my family and I appreciated it, but he couldn't. He had to rehearse for the SMTOWN concert tomorrow! It was a huge production with many artists and different moving parts so they all had to be there to make sure everything runs as smooth as possible! I would be there if I had to perform and I even told Taeyeon I would go with him to make sure he rehearses well... and to keep an eye on my fellow Soshi members of course. He said that I should spend time with my family instead while I’m over here and it didn’t take much effort to get me to agree.

This would probably be the last time in at least four months I will get to see them. I know that doesn't sound like much since I go longer without seeing them all the time, but this time is different.

I’m pregnant… like super pregnant.

The next time any of my family will see me I’ll have a little tiny human with me!

Oh my gosh.

I can’t wait to show off Taeyeon and I’s perfect little creation and I’m even more excited for my family to meet him, but it’s going to change everything! A good change yes, but next time I come I won't just be Stephanie or Tiffany or even Miyoung, I’ll be a mom and that will be terrifying. Oh my-

“Hyung can’t I go with her? You said earlier I had time to-”

“Yes, Taeyeon you can.”

“Huh,” I had to say. That caught me off guard for sure. “How?” Taeyeon shot me a confused look.

Whoops, did that sound bad?

Let me rephrase it.

“I mean how? I thought you had to rehearse?” I looked to Taeyeon, but his manager replied instead.

“He will, but Lee Sooman wants to wait until everyone gets here. We’re doing a full runthrough tonight and again tomorrow before the show.” I nodded.

“Ahh,” I sounded. “I see.”

The second flight full of SM artists left a few hours after us so we probably had a couple solid hours to spend in LA… right?

“Yeah LSM wants everyone to go to the hotel and freshen up and then that will give everyone that came on the first flight probably about, eh... three to four hours to kill? I think six is the time everyone’s been throwing around to meet at the venue for rehearsal.” I nodded.

“See Fany-ah~,” Taeyeon said smugly. I just smiled.

If that’s what LSM wants…

“Well then good. Let’s hurry to the hotel so we can get ready and go! I’m sure my family will love to see you today too,” I said honestly.

It thankfully didn't take too long to get to the hotel either. After we checked in and brought our bags up, I immediately got into the shower. Since it takes me a bit longer to get ready, Taeyeon and I both thought it’d be quicker that way… I actually said that it would be quicker if we just showered together, but Taeyeon shut that idea right down. I guess it was a good reason though.

We might've never met my family if we got too carried away.

“Is it gonna be your whole family,” Taeyeon asked as he put on his dark blue, almost black shirt. He had just got out of the shower two minutes ago and was already almost dressed. What the- ugh.

I shook my head.

“No I guess it’s just going to be my sister and my cousins Kristine and Debbie tonight,” I explained. “Michelle just called.” He nodded.

“What? Not your dad?” I shrugged.

I told him how Michelle said he was really busy, but I might see him tomorrow before the concert since I’ll have free time again. He wouldn’t get to see him for a few more days however. Daddy wasn't going to the SMTOWN concert nor the Google Concert that most of SMTOWN is also performing in the next day along with a few other k-pop groups of course…

Sorry babe concerts just aren't really my dad’s style.

Thankfully though SM gave Taeyeon and I an extra day just to spend time with my family. Instead of flying out the morning after the Google Concert like everyone else was, Taeyeon and I’s flight back to Korea was at 11PM. It was only about thirteen extra hours to spend with them, but I was grateful. Taeyeon had a fansigning even like an hour or two after we were scheduled to land back in Korea so it was really cutting it close… almost as close as Taeyeon was to me now- wha-

“MMPH,” Taeyeon sounded as he pressed his lips against my cheek. I felt his arms pull me in tighter to his back hug. “You look beautiful Fany-ah.” It was hard not to smile.

“You don't look too bad yourself there Taetae,” I complimented wholeheartedly. Seriously… maybe too good actually. When we walked through the lobby of the hotel to get to to Kristine’s car parked outside I SWEAR the two employees behind the counter were staring at him the whole time… and one was a guy!

Oh well~ I just wrapped my arm around his even tighter as a giant ‘HA’ in their faces. We walked through the main lobby and around by the door next to the pool because according to Kris, there were fans waiting outside the front of the hotel.

“They must've followed the other groups from the airport,” Taeyeon commented. I nodded. Wow, American fans are no joke either...

I looked around the parking lot for Kristine’s car once we got outside, but before I could spot it a big black SUV pulled up almost right in front of us. The tinted front window rolled down and-

“Get in loser, we’re going shopping,” my sister said, quoting one of my favorite movies ever. My smile was instant. Taeyeon laughed too even though I don't think he got the reference and quickly helped me into the backseat.

“Oh-my-god,” my cousin said once I finally sat down.

Here we go~!

“Holy Steph,” my sister said also relaying her shock. “You’re huge! I-”

“Hello noona,” Taeyeon said as he finally opened the door on the other side of the SUV.

“Hi Taeyeon,” she greeted back. Kristine said her hellos too and Taeyeon cutely greeted her in English.

“Oh, hi! How ahre you?”

While it was super adorable, and I couldn't wait to hear him talking in English for the next few hours, we should probably go… especially before the fans out front find out we’re in the back.

“Yeah, yeah,” I said interrupting Kristine’s reply. “We can chat later. Let’s leave the parking lot before someone finds us.”

“Right,” Kristine said as she turned in her seat. “Let’s get out of here!”

_____________________________________________________________

 

SO 

I'm the worst author ever. 

BUT I'M NOT GIVING UP.

<3

Things have been pretty hectic the last few months though.
My mom became sick last year and everything is going well so far so don't worry but I've had to take her to tons of appointments and hospital visits and I've just had not a lot of time to write. I blame myself but I will try my best to write quicker for all of you!

Actually that is why I think I'm going to shorten the chapters on this story from here on.
(that's why this one is so short TT . TT)

With shorter chapters I might be able to update faster and not keep you all waiting so long!!! 

Sorry again friends! Don't give up on me <3333333