2 vs 1

Into the New World: Together

 

 

 

“I’m really happy Lee Sooman let you come with me,” my award winning wife said adorably. Her arm s its way around mine and I felt warmer.

“I am too. I totally deserve it after winning one of the biggest awards of the year,” I playfully boasted. I knew I was coming along even before we won the award, but it just felt so good to say aloud again.

“Yah~, we won one too,” she nudged. Aigo~… didn’t she know I was teasing?

Actually now that I think about it again it was pretty crazy how SNSD won the biggest award possible at the Seoul Music Awards and then TYS won the same award at the Golden Disk Awards just a few days later. I was seriously so excited that we both won!

We also both won the Best Artist award at both ceremonies along with IU, SISTAR, 4minute, and a few others… and TYS also won the Best Digital Single of the Year but~ who’s keeping track?

Wah~! I was ecstatic to know that our fans loved and supported us this much. I know it was some committee that made the final decision about who won, but we wouldn’t have even been considered if our fans didn’t support us like they do.

I was proud to see all of our hard work really paying off. Yuri and Sooyoung were thrilled too! We even went out for celebratory BBQ afterward with LSM himself.

“I know babe,” I laughed. “I never said you didn’t… That’s probably why LSM let me come with you guys too.”

Not only was SNSD’s album the highest selling girl group album of the year, TYS’s was the highest selling period. Not to brag or anything, but how could LSM say no to two of his- er, well… It’d probably be really easy actually. I-

“Maybe,” Tiffany yawned. “Sunny’s sister is coming too though so maybe he was just being nice.”

Oh… that could also be it… or it could just be the simple fact that I really don’t have anything to do for a few weeks any way. I mean Sooyoung and I are recording for our mini album, but we still have a while to finish. Right now I’m basically free…. and any publicity is good publicity according to SM after all, especially internationally… and of course Tiffany is my wife! I should get to come along regardless. We were a buy one get one package!

Whatever the reason though I don’t care! I’m just so happy I could come along!

I will get to spend the next five days with Tiffany in New York City!

Of course she has a bunch of schedules and whatever, but I’ll still get to be with her in between and on the way to everything. I was pretty much going to be her new additional manager… and body guard. I definitely can’t forget that bit!

I remember the last time SMTOWN came to NYC it was so crazy… not even counting my whole situation.

We were all followed almost everywhere and it was so hard to get around in general; even with security! I remember Jessica telling us that Krystal actually got followed into a public restroom! Nothing happened thank goodness, but if someone followed or even accidently hurt Tiffany I would be livid.

So~ in order to make sure nothing happens and she stays completely safe the whole time I’m going be there to protect her… and Dukong of course… and I mean it IS NYC.

How could I not go?

Tiffany won’t be busy the entire time either so I’m hoping we can go on a fun date or something too if she’s not very tired. I know how much she loves coming back to the US and when we’re here we don’t get noticed nearly as much as back home so it’s a win-win!

Whatever! Either way it’ll be so much fun to be in NYC without having to actually do anything as an idol! I can just sit back and watch my wife be amazing! It was her time to shine!

I saw the stewardess walking my way and it jogged my memory instantly. I turned to ask Fany if she wanted another blanket because I know how cold she gets on planes, but to my surprise she was already asleep! Heol… People were still boarding the plane and Tiffany still managed to fall asleep?! Gah, my baby must be one tired-

“Is anyone sitting here,” asked a voice to my left. Who in the world was- Sunny?

 “Uh, nope,” I replied. Oh, and I guess another good thing about coming along is that I’ll get to hang out with the rest of SNSD who I haven’t seen in a while too.

“Good,” she said before putting a small bag in the seat.

I figured Tiffany’s new manager would sit there but I supposed she could too? Wait…

“Aren’t you gonna sit with your sister?” Sunny shook her head.

“She’s too busy talking to our uncle and her husband,” she replied. “He’s freaking out over the phone because he has to watch their kid for five days without her... That’s gonna be you one day,” she teased, softly thankfully.

“Yah,” I protested. “I’m gonna be the best dad just wait… It’s this one you should be worried about.” I motioned to the already asleep Fany on my shoulder and Sunny grinned.

“You’re right.”

It’s not that Fany was going to be a bad mom, I think she’ll kick … it’s just… ugh.

Tiffany is really hard on herself most of the time and she gets stressed out super easily… even though she doesn’t say anything about it. She’s a perfectionist too and she always thinks something will go wrong... okay so maybe not always but she definitely has any time she’s ever been around a baby. On ‘Hello Baby’, ‘We Are Dating’, and even on the episode of ‘Showtime’ she was on with me. They brought baby animals out for us to play with at the zoo and she got so worried every time, seriously.

Tiffany did kind of loosen up when they brought out that tiger cub because she thought it was so cute, but when they brought out a baby turtle right afterward it was back to her worried self. Like I don’t even think you can accidently hurt a turtle but she acted like it was made of rice paper.

It was kind of ridiculous since 85% of the time she is as happy and confident as anyone could probably ever be, but once a young creature enters the room she freezes up. I just don’t get it. I mean I’ll admit I’m not the most confident person in the world about babies, but I don’t act like they’re made of glass either…

Aigo~!

Whenever she gets over all that though I know she’ll be the best. Tiffany was already really protective of Dukong and it’s not even born yet! She also takes great care of me and her friends too so I can only imagine her with her own child. Our child… AH!

It’s going to be perfect.

 

_____________________________________

 

“I can’t believe you didn’t finish your burger Tae, those are supposed to be like one of the best burgers in New York City.” He raised a brow.

“Says who? It was so bleh~,” he sounded. “The fries were too salty too.”

Aish… why was he being so difficult today?                 

“I don’t know, they just are,” I replied. “And they weren’t even salty Taeyeon, they were perfect.”

Seriously. They had the perfect amount of salt on them… I even ate his when he was ‘done’.

“Whatever you say babe, I’ll grab something else while you guys get ready… Something with less salt,” he playfully nudged. I pouted.

I wasn’t mad he was trying to go out without me or even really mad about him not finishing his food… What made me upset was just that he didn’t have almost anything to eat today in general! He didn’t eat a lot of his breakfast because he said he felt jetlagged and he only ate half a cheeseburger for lunch!

Ugh, if he gets sick again in New York I don’t think he’ll ever want to come back. I can’t have him hating this city yet; we haven’t even had a real date here!

“Do you want my drink?” His brow cocked again.

“What is it,” he asked suspiciously. “Not a gross tea like last time right?” I shook my head.

He would still remember that…

“It’s just ginger tea Taetae,” I grinned. “It totally looks like green tea though right?” He hummed and gladly took a sip.

Apparently pregnant women aren’t supposed to drink green tea either for some reason? I don’t know but I figured if I gave up everything I always drank before all at once my fans would surely get suspicions. They’re like the freaking FBI.

I’m honestly surprised no one has figured out that I’m pregnant yet. I mean I haven’t got much bigger these past few weeks if at all, but I still think it’s definitely a little more noticeable, right?

The stylists and I have been doing a pretty good job at covering up if I do say so myself though. Even if I have looked pregnant every now and then I can almost always blame it on the shirt or outfit. The outfits that I use to perform in have all been adjusted too. Some had frilly material added to them or were let out a few inches just so it wasn’t skin tight; but the ones that showed my midriff area got changed entirely.

I know it kind of sounds like a big deal and that it would be easier to just come clean with everything, but SM wasn’t ready yet and I don’t think I was either.

Having Dukong and starting my family will be amazing no doubt about it, but I don’t want to give up my dream yet either. I’ve wanted to be a singer way longer than I’ve wanted to be a mom… like way. I don’t know what I’ll do if SM-

“Quit worrying,” Taeyeon said softly as he pressed his thumb between my brows… or ‘pressed out my frown lines’ as he calls it. “It doesn’t suit you. You’re going to do great out there babe. Everyone will love it, I promise.”

Huh? I was momentarily confused about what the hell he was talking about because it didn’t make sense in my head at all. How did those two topics even kind of- Oh my gosh.

Then it hit me.

All this worrying about Taeyeon and the baby totally made me forget about where we were going right now.

“You’re gonna have millions of new fans after tonight babe,” he grinned. “I’m so excited for you!”

That made one of us.

We didn’t have any schedules earlier, but this evening we’re making our American television debut on the Late Show with David Letterman and I might just throw up. I’m not even exaggerating when I say that millions of people watch that show every night! Millions!

Holy crap, how could I forget?!

Don’t get me wrong I was as excited as ever; I mean it’s the freaking Letterman show! Top stars come on this show to promote their movies, music, and books all the time. Like even Oprah herself has been a guest…

To be able to perform on the same stage as so many actual world stars was just… indescribable. I felt honored, I felt proud, and most of all I felt nervous. I can guarantee at least ninety eight percent of Americans have no idea who we are so we’re opening ourselves up to a ton of new fans but also a ton of new haters and it was terrifying!

Don’t we have enough already?

I know the show is prerecorded and all but I doubt they’re going to let us redo it if we mess up in front of the live audience. One mistake and we’d be done… like super done.

Oh my gosh… I think I might cry.

It definitely didn’t help either that we’re performing with a remixed English version of ‘The Boys’ we’ve only been practicing for a few weeks… I wasn’t worried about the English part of it per say since we’ve all practiced that for a while… and two of us spoke it originally, but the dancing…Ugh.

The choreography for the remixed version was even harder than the original and a lot faster too… and if anything goes wrong I swear I’m gonna have a nice long chat with LSM about that.

Was he freaking crazy?! Why would he want us to do-

“Ho~ly crap,” Jessica gawked, bringing me out of my mental rant. “Look at how many people are outside.”

I turned around to look out the severely tinted window as we pulled up and I was amazed. There had to be at least a hundred people out there waiting! I noticed one group of people holding up a Canadian flag and I was truly speechless. I mean some parts of Canada were pretty close to New York but these people had to leave their country and come all this way into America just to see us for what will probably be seconds. They clearly didn’t have tickets to the Letterman show since they were outside, but they still came to support us anyway!

I was floored.

Seeing everyone’s support outside gave me the boost of confidence I needed and put me in a whole new mindset now.

I shouldn’t be focused on all the new people watching us; I should do this for the fans that have stuck with us through everything until now! If we didn’t have fans here we wouldn’t even be in America! It was because of them we got to come here and now I needed to do a good job and make them proud.

 “Are you all ready,” a manager asked just after our head manager went to go talk to The Late Show’s security team. I heard Seohyun say yes, per usual, and Sunny ask her sister if she looked okay… which didn’t seem like a bad idea.

“Tae do I look okay?” He took a brief look over me and hummed.

“You look perfect babe.” I groaned. I usually don’t mind being called ‘perfect’, but sometimes Taeyeon says that even if my make-up is a little smudged or my hair is a little crazier than I wanted it to be.

I love that he loves me so much, but sometimes I needed the honest truth.

“Seriously Taeyeon, don’t be cute. Tell me if I need to fix my hair or whatever.” We didn’t have anything done to it yet so I know it wasn’t going to be the best but I couldn’t look like I had just got out of bed either. He grinned and smoothed my hair over once.

“I’m not being cute Fany-ah, you look great… honestly… especially since your hair is back to a real color.” His toothy grin broke down my wall once again and I had to give in.

How could he always do that to me? I just didn’t understand…

Now that he brought it up though I was pretty glad about my hair being back to black as well.

I knew it was a week or so early, but I went ahead and had my hair dyed back to normal right after I finished recording my last MV of the year… or at least until this baby was born.

The stylist used a really good conditioning treatment afterward too so I don’t think I have to worry about damaging my hair too much. Taeyeon, who went with me to the salon, on the other hand had something completely different to worry about…

“What do you think your fans will say about yours?” He shrugged.

“Who cares? I dyed it to support my woman on her American debut,” he boasted. My eyes rolled. “I dare someone to try to talk .” I had to laugh.

He talked such a big game sometimes, especially for a guy with pink hair. I’ll admit though that I really do enjoy it… his hair I mean… and I guess when he acted like a tough guy too. It was kind of y and- Ugh!

No. Taeyeon’s hair… right.

 It wasn’t bright pink or anything too crazy, but more like a silver-y dark pastel pink? He looked good with it, but it was pretty impossible for Taeyeon to look bad so…

“Okay whatever you say Taetae~,” I cooed. He kissed my cheek.

“And it’ll wash out in a few weeks anyway. They’ll get over it!” I hummed.

That was more like it.

 

_____________________________________

 

I watched Tiffany as she focused on her phone again and I was actually really curious to as how many times she’s replayed that four minute and fifteen second long video since last night. It had to be over ten because that’s just counting the times I watched it with her.

I sat down on the sofa beside her and looked at the screen. Tiffany paused briefly to give me one of her earphones before starting the video again.

“Do you think I look too tired?” Uh…

“No,” I questioned. She didn’t look tired at all; actually she looked pretty damn good. Tiffany looked amazing in her black outfit and I almost couldn’t take my eyes off of her legs, thank goodness they cut away to someone else.

Gah, I took a deep breath and asked myself for probably the zillionth time how I managed to marry this angel beside me.

I think her being pregnant just added to her looks too… it wasn’t fair. She didn’t actually look pregnant but some parts of her body, which just so happened to be my favorite parts of her body, just looked… fuller? I’m not sure if that’s the right word, but she looked even ier than before and I truly never thought that was possible.

I mean look at her!

“Are you sure,” she asked again. “Like right….. there! See?” I looked at the paused frame and decided then and there that she might actually be insane.

Crap, should I be concerned about this?

“Yah. You look amazing there Fany-ah,” I defended. “You probably got like a million new fan boys alone just from doing that lip bite thing you’re doing.” She looked up at me with her big puppy-like eyes.

 “Really? You think so?” I nodded. Aish! Why did she sound so happy about that… and more importantly how could she be so oblivious to her own looks?!

I mean obviously their performance was awesome, but the first thing most guys notice are looks… and she definitely exceeded in that category.

 “Of course…. You’re very y Kim Miyoung,” I whispered. “I’d become your fan as soon as you popped on screen.” Her grin grew, making her eyes turn into the crescents that I couldn’t get enough of and I was about to lose it.

I really didn’t want to start kissing her in front of the fifteen people on this bus, but I almost couldn’t help it… her excited yet startling squeal that she let out a second later though definitely nipped that idea right in the bud.

Holy, I-

“Wah~! Taeyeon,” she said with no actual hint of where this was going.

Oh god, did I miss something when I was staring at her lips? I waited to be sure.

“We were on Letterman! Let-ter-man… can you believe it?!” Oh gosh… I nodded.

She was too much sometimes my heart actually hurt.

“Madison Square Garden and now this… freaking Adele was on that show last week Taeyeon.” She made another excited squeal-like noise. “I just really feel like we’ve made it, ya know? Does that make me sound bad?” I shook my head, but it was so hard not to laugh. She was so precious.

It must’ve just sunk in for her or something because last night she wasn’t even half this excited. She was a lot less nervous than before the performance no doubt, but still acting odd. I figured she was probably too busy worrying about what the viewers thought or what the fans had to say; I mean she did re-watch the clip dozens if not hundreds of times.

I definitely understood what she meant though too. Even though I wasn’t there, I’m sure she was ecstatic for her Korean debut. She had worked so hard for years in a foreign land just to get to that point, of course she was happy… but this was her homeland… and America. If you’re famous here you’re way more likely to be famous everywhere. I mean you could probably ask any Korean who Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber is and get a correct answer, but if you ask an American who SHINee or 2NE1 is they more than likely would have no idea.

We might be famous in Korea, but we’re practically nobodies here.

This was Tiffany’s chance to put her and her group’s name out there for real and I was so excited for her! Who knows where this could take her! She-

“I’m turning it back on,” she said from beside me.

Whoops, I totally forgot we were watching that…

I wrapped my arm around her waist and watched the SNSD girls kill their debut stage again. They really did do amazing too and I’m not just saying that! There were tons of people talking about it online and almost all of it was positive! They loved the choreography, the extra dancing, and especially loved how they had a live band play the music!

It was awesome and I was so proud of my wife. I was honestly kind of jealous too. Not the mean kind of jealousy where I would rather it be me or something, but more like the hopeful jealousy. Like would TYS be able to do something like this in the future?

I really hoped so!

I watched as the final dance break started and heard Tiffany’s adorable ‘woo’ before it finally came to an end. I was truly impressed… even though it’s the eleventh time watching it now. I started to ask Tiffany to replay it so I could see the performance from the beginning again, but as soon as the three guys came on stage with them the thought quickly crashed and burned.

Now I remember why I stopped watching it with her in the first place.

“Not again,” Tiffany groaned after I yanked the headphone out of my ear.  “They were being nice Taeyeon.”

“Who was being nice,” Sunny asked from nowhere.

No seriously, where the hell did she come from? I swear no one was standing there a second ago.

“Taeyeon’s mad because he didn’t like the way the other guests on the Letterman show looked at us last night.”

Ugh… did she have to bring it up in front of everyone?

“Huh? How they looked at us? What the-“

“I know,” Tiffany said exhaustedly. “I told him they were just being nice and-“

“Aniyo~,” I said firmly. I just had to stop her right there. Was she really that blind? “They were not just being nice and watching the performance. They were being erts and watching your..uh uhm… assets.”

I didn’t know the best way to put it, but either way I hated it.

Now I know that other guys stare at Tiffany and SNSD, it’s obvious. I would too, I mean they’re all very beautiful and Tiffany’s is a work of art… BUT something about these two made me mad. I’m not even sure why… okay, so I guess I knew why but it’s not like this was anything I haven’t seen before unfortunately.

I didn’t mind the host; he was polite and even attempted to say ‘thank you’ in Korean to the girls, but the guests not so much.

At first I didn’t notice it, I’ll admit. I was focused on Tiffany and her group, but as I kept watching it, it became more and more obvious. The taller guest even strained his neck to get a better look at the backside of Seohyun at one point in the video.

I was furious.

SNSD has a lot of uncle fans and I honestly don’t have a problem with that… mainly because the ‘uncle’ fans literally treat the girls like they would their nieces. They just want them to do their best and to cheer them on. However, there are some ‘uncle’ fans that are creepy and take it way too far, and that’s exactly what these guys reminded me of.

It seemed to me like they wanted to do more than just ‘cheer on’ the girls and I didn’t like that one bit. Couldn’t they control their reactions for five minutes? They were Hollywood stars for crying out loud, I thought they’d be a little more professional.

Now my wife and her group has to have their stupid y faces in the video of her American television debut for the rest of their lives!

UGH!

Sunny and Seohyun both said they didn’t notice which worried me a little, but when Jessica and two of the stylists agreed with me I knew I wasn’t overreacting. Eunhee noona even said she felt a little uncomfortable watching it back and she wasn’t even the one they were staring at!

It was good to know I wasn’t being ridiculously overprotective and I was even happier that the host of the show they’re going on today is a female. I might not have to get so angry about this one.

This one was going to be a whole lot faster than last night’s too because it was actually live! I couldn’t wait.

We got to the studio a little before nine in the morning, which still felt like the middle of the day… stupid jetlag. The girls were already dressed in their stage outfits and had their make-up done and everything so all we had to do was wait backstage.

We got to watch what was happening in the studio on a TV in our waiting room and I already knew I was going to like this show better.

The host seemed really fun and the bald guy, who was like a guest host or something, was cracking me up! He joked about how he thought all the fans waiting outside were for him! I laughed.

Did he not notice the huge bus they were all standing in front of… that said Girls’ Generation on the side?

Ooh this was already way better than last night’s show.

They talked about random American celebrity gossip for a little bit and I was honestly pretty disappointed when I heard from Tiffany’s manager that the other guest that was supposed to be on the show today had a pre-recorded segment…

Ugh, did they know how jealous my members would be if I had actually met J-Lo? Sooyoung might’ve cried…

Aish!

After the video segment with Jenifer Lopez they showed another pre-recorded part that the bald host, whose name I learned to be Howie, did where he surprised a bunch of women on a ‘girls night out’ or something?  I’m not really sure, I didn’t pay much attention to that for I was trying to talk SNSD’s manager into letting me go out into the studio and actually watch them perform live!

“Please hyung,” I begged. “I’ll just go out there and stand beside Sangwon hyung.” I knew he was already going out there since he was the manager in charge. “I’ll do whatever he tells me, please,” I said again with my hands closed together. He sighed.

“Taeng I just-“

“Please oppa~,” Tiffany cooed. “A familiar face will help us be less nervous~.” Sunny hummed.

“If we mess up on live American television it’ll be all your fault.” I heard him curse under his breath and knew I had won.

“Fine, but you need to be a fly on the wall Taeyeon. Stay with Sangwon-ssi and don’t do or say anything, okay?” I nodded. “American television shows run different than the ones back home.”

“Yes sir,” I nodded again. I was just happy I got to go!

I didn’t get to see the remixed choreography live last night, so I had to at least try to see this performance in action while I was here, right?

Right, so when the guy came in to tell us that they needed Girls’ Generation on stage I marched right along with them.

“Ahh~, I’m nervous Tae,” Tiffany said on the way out. “Can you hug me again?” Oh my, did she really have to ask? I wrapped my arm around her shoulders since we couldn’t just stop mid hallway and hug it out and I felt her arm snake around my waist.

She asked me to hug her before she went on stage last night too and it made me feel so amazing. Seriously, I think the best feeling in the world is feeling needed by the person you love the most. I loved that I could help my wife feel better, but she was being a little extra today.

“Why are you so nervous Fany-ah,” I laughed. “You did great last night babe, you got this.” She shrugged.

“I don’t know Tae, I just feel nervous.” I felt her hold on me tighten a little.

Aigo~!

“I know you’re gonna do amazing, but if you get too nervous you can just look at my cute face off to the side.” I put my free hand kind of under my chin and wiggled my fingers for maximum effect.

Her eyes formed into crescent shapes again and her laugh was music to my ears.

She loved it.

“See you’re already less nervous.”

“Yah~,” she said with a slight nudge. “If you do that I might get too distracted.” I laughed.

“Yeah, it is pretty eye catching, huh?” She hummed.

I noticed that we were getting closer to the stage so I quickly placed a short kiss on her cheek and took my arm off her shoulders… before we got out where the audience could see of course. She wore a smile that looked like she wanted to tell me something, but before she could we were quickly broken up due to Sangwon hyung telling me to go stand by this huge camera thing on the opposite side of the stage.

He talked to a lanky PD about something and I was genuinely surprised that no one even kind of noticed me walk across the stage. I mean I wasn’t expecting to get noticed, but shouldn’t at least one of their dedicated fans recognize me? They have the most eagle like eyes all the time on the internet so I really wasn’t expecting to get away this easy… but also who could pay any attention to me when SNSD just walked out on stage all dolled up like they were? Hell it was hard for me to not stare at Tiffany most of the time and I’m married to her! I couldn’t even imagine still being in their shoes… whew!

There were fans calling the girls’ names as the crew finished making sure everything was in place. I heard tons of cameras clicking behind me and even a few obvious Americans saying stuff like ‘I love you’ or ‘you’re pretty’ in Korean and it was kind of adorable. Their accents reminded me of when Tiffany’s English was worse and it was so-

“Hi Kelly,” a girl from behind me called. Kelly? Wait, isn’t that- Oh my god.

I looked to my left and the host of the whole show was right there… and she was walking straight toward me!

Oh no.

The Howie guy was behind her and- heol... They know I’m not the actual manager right? If they’re coming over here to ask me a question I-I- oh thank god.

Before they reached me they stopped and posed in front of the huge camera I was standing near.

Damnit hyung! I thought he said I would be out of the way!

I didn’t want to move again in fear of actually getting recognized since everyone was looking this direction now, so I just stood there and told myself about thirty times to ‘act natural’.

Ugh, thankfully though the hosts didn’t notice me either and kept on with the show.

“We’re live in 3-2-“

The audience erupted in cheering right on cue and I almost didn’t believe it. It was almost like it was a recording played through the loud speakers or something it sounded so perfect.

American shows really were different!

“They’re pop superstars from Korea who are taking the US by storm. Their new CD is in stores now,” Kelly Ripa, the host introduced. “Here’s Girls’ Generation with ‘The Boys’~!”

I clapped along with the audience, until I realized just where the two hosts were going to also stand and watch the performance…

RIGHT.

BESIDE.

ME.

Oh boy. Thank goodness their song just started. Hopefully they would continue to ignore my presence…

I was just trying to watch my wife!

 

 

[All] I can tell you're looking at me
I know what you see
Any closer and you'll feel the heat
[Jessica] GG

“GG,” a handful of audience members chanted along with Jessica… loudly.

My mouth dropped.

“Heol,” I said to myself. I couldn’t believe it and neither did the other audience members that had no idea what was happening. They must be totally confused…

Even Kelly the host got a big shock from it. She turned around immediately with a huge grin on her face.


[All] You don't have to pretend that you didn't notice me
Every look will make it hard to breathe
([Jessica] T R X)

Kelly turned around again when Jessica spoke expecting them to chant again, but nothing happened… for a few more seconds at least.


[All] B-Bring the boys out

([Tiffany] Yeah~ You know~)
[All] B-Bring the boys out
([Tiffany] We bring the boys out (x2) Yeah~)
[All] B-Bring the boys out

The SNSD fans in the audience chanted along the usual fan chant that they do in Korea and I really couldn’t believe it. This was amazing!

They could’ve chanted something in English instead, but they stuck with it! These American SONEs were no joke, even the hosts thought so.

They were talking about how no one has ever got that big of a response from the audience before and how they were dying to know what the audience was saying.



[Tiffany] Soon as I step on the scene
I know that they'll be watching me~ watching me~ ([Sunny] Get up)

I clapped a little extra for Tiffany after her part was over, and I think that was the biggest mistake I’ve made in my entire life.

Before I knew it Kelly Ripa, the HOST, had already leaned over toward me and asked me a question.

Oh my-

“What,” I asked.


[Jessica] I'mma be the hottest in this spot
There ain't no stopping me~ ([Seohyun] That's funny) [Jessica] stopping me~

“Are you here with them,” she must’ve repeated. I nodded and held up my SNSD staff pass… which read ‘STAFF’ with ‘Manager’ right below that.

Heol… did she think I was a crazy fan or something? Not again… I-

“Great! Could you tell us what they were just chanting? I’ve never seen the audience do that before.”

I… oh no.

She probably meant in English too right?



[Sunny] I know life is a mystery
I'm gonna make history
I'm taking it from the start ([Tiffany] Ah ah ah ah)
[Seohyun] Call all emergency
I'm watching the phone ring ([Tiffany] Ah ah)
I'm feeling this in my heart~ my heart~ ([Tiffany] Ah ah ah)
[All] B-Bring the boys out

“Uhm So Nyuh Si Dae is the name of their group in Korean,” I think I explained. “And it means ‘Right now it’s Girls’ Generation, from now on its Girls’ Generation, and forever it’s Girls’ Generation.” She nodded like she understood, but also seemed like she wasn’t totally getting it.

Damnit! Was it my English or my explanation?

“Uhm for support they cheer?”



[All] Girls' Generation make you feel the heat
[Tiffany] And we're doing it, we can't be beat
[All] B-Bring the boys out

“Ahh~,” she said finally… and thankfully. I was getting a little worried. “So it’s like how the fans cheer them on?” I nodded.

“Yes,” I said excitedly. She actually got it! “Sorry my English is not great.”

“Your English is fine, don’t worry,” she said with an air of confidence after waving her hand in the air, almost like she was dismissing my comment altogether. “Thanks for letting us know.” Kelly went back to dancing and enjoying the performance, but I was even more proud of myself now.

Was my English really that good? She didn’t even make me repeat myself once!

Heol… maybe Tiffany wasn’t just saying that after all!

 


[Sunny] We're born to win
Better tell all your friends
'Cause we get it in
You know the girls
[All] B-Bring the boys out

[Jessica] Wanna know my secrets
But no I'll never tell
'Cause I got the magic touch
And I'm not tryin' to fail
That's right ([Sunny] Yes fly high)
[Jessica] And I ([Sunny] You fly high)
[Jessica] Can't deny, I know I can fly

[Seohyun] I know life is a mystery ([Sunny] Yeah)
I'm gonna make history ([Sunny] Yeah)
I'm taking it from the start ([Sunny] Ah ah ah ah)
[Tiffany] Call all emergency ([Sunny] Yeah)
I'm watching the phone ring ([Sunny] Come on come on)
I'm feeling this in my heart, my heart~ ([Sunny] Ha ha ha ha ha ha, ha ha ha ha ha ha)
[All/ Seohyun/Tiffany] B-bring the boys out

[All] Girls' Generation make you feel the heat
[Seohyun] And we're doin' it, we can't be beat
[All] B-Bring the boys out
[Jessica] We're born to win
Better tell all your friends
'Cause we get it in
You know the girls
[All] B-Bring the boys out

[All] Girls bring the boys out
[Tiffany] I wanna dance right now
We can show 'em how the girls get down
[Jessica] Yes we go for more than zero
Number one everyone should know
Check this out

[Seohyun] All the boys (x2) want my heart
Better know how to rock and don't stop
[Sunny] Oh Gee
We make you so hot
Girls' Generation we won't stop
[All] B-Bring the boys out

[Jessica] It's not a fantasy
This is right for me
Livin' it like a star
[Seohyun] Can't get the rest of me
I'mma be what I wanna be
This is deep in my heart~ [Tiffany /Seohyun] my heart~

Seohyun and Tiffany got extra cheers for their very impressive note together and I don’t think I could have been happier for Tiffany right now. She was doing amazing!

Performing, singing, dancing, growing our child… WAH~ !

She is one incredible woman.



[All] I can tell you're looking at me
I know what you see
Any closer and you'll feel the heat
[All/ Tiffany] Just bring the boys out
[All/Seohyun] You don't have to pretend
That you didn't notice me
Every look will make it hard to breathe
[All] B-Bring the boys out
[Jessica] 'Cause the
[Jessica] Girls (x4) [All/Jessica] Bring the boys out (x4)

 

 

The audience went nuts as the song came to an end and they hit their last pose and I really had to join in! I clapped along with everyone around me and Kelly and Howie quickly went on stage beside them.

“Girls’ Generation, hi, wow! That was incredible,” Kelly said in awe it seemed.

“That was good, that was amazing,” Howie said as well. My grin grew.

You better believe it!

“Welcome to the show,” Kelly then greeted. She kind of explained how SNSD was a group from Korea and briefly told them about how they’re making their American debut before continuing their praise.

“You have so many fans,” the guy said. Kelly agreed.

“Yeah, I’ve never seen such audience participation in my life congratulations!” They laughed. “We were just talking to your manager over there and he told us what they were chanting and everything. It’s just unbelievable!” I nodded along, but when I realized that she was talking about me and also pointing, I froze.

Oh god.

This was definitely not being a fly on the wall…

_____________________________________

 

 

I was planning on letting the whole Kelly Ripa calling my husband my manager thing slide and just blame it on being too excited to notice, but hearing Sunny laugh beside me I knew I had to say something.

If I didn’t the netizens would totally rip me a new one about not defending Taeyeon or something equally ludicrous.

“It was unbelievable,” Kelly said cheerfully. I grinned.

Here we go~!

“Thank you so much, but he’s actually not our manager,” I started. Kelly kind of froze and thankfully waited for me to finish. “That is my husband who is also a singer in Korea.”

One of the cameramen jerked his camera to get Taeyeon in the frame and I couldn’t stop smiling now. He was the definition of cute.

Taeyeon looked really surprised by all the motion and especially the scream from the audience, but when he saw that the camera was now focused on him he erupted into his perfectly dorky crooked smile. He seemed a little embarrassed, but that just made the whole situation so much more adorable.

GAH~!

Why was he so attractive?

“No kidding,” Kelly said in surprise. “Did he just kinda tag along with you all for the free vacation then?” We laughed.

“Yeah, uhm kinda… he actually has to pretend he’s part of the staff or they won’t let him in with us,” I laughed. “They thought he was a fan yesterday.”

“Oh my gosh,” she acted. “No way!” I nodded. “Anyone can tell he’s a celebrity, though. They must have been blind. He’s very good looking.” I politely thanked her and she then smoothly moved on to the next topic.

I was thoroughly impressed.

“Speaking of, right before we came up here Howie and I were talking about what a gorgeous group of women you are… What was the audition process like and more importantly who hogs the mirror the most?” I laughed.

That was actually a really good question, but to answer the first part…

“Uhm, the audition process,” I started. Omo, why was my brain not working right now?! “Uh we’ve all been practicing since we were uh, youngest age nine to maybe fifteen.”

“No way,” she said in shock again. We all nodded.

“Yeah, we’ve been together for a pretty long time.”

“So we’re kinda like sisters,” Jessica added before being kind of cut off by Howie Mendel.

Okay then…

“Your English is very good,” he praised.

Uhm, wait…yeah?

“Oh we’re,” I said as I pointed to Jessica and- No wait. “I was born in America,” I said finally.

I was worried that if I didn’t correct myself they would think all four of us were born here, which we definitely weren’t!

“And I was as we-“

“Your English is very good,” the MC joked, cutting off Jessica yet again.

While I was kind of annoyed that this guy kept cutting her off, I had to stay professional and keep going in the interview… even if his ‘joke’ was really bad this time.

“I know~,” I over reacted. “Thank you so much! I’ve practiced so hard.”

The whole audience laughed and everything was seriously becoming a blur. This was all so surreal.

First ‘David Letterman’ and now ‘Live with Kelly’? These were two of the biggest talk shows in America and now I can say that I’ve been on both of them?

Gah, it was just amazing. Never in my wildest dreams could I have pictured myself here and now here I was. I don’t know why it’s all finally hitting me now… while I was on stage on live television but I didn’t care. This was an amazing feeling.

Before I knew it the interview was over and we were being motioned off the stage. I was glad Jessica took the reins for the last half of the interview seeing as how I completely blanked out. I mean I remember thanking and also hugging Kelly before she had her staff take a quick picture of us all for her Twitter, but after that my head was in the clouds again.

It was finally Taeyeon who brought me out of the haze with a slight nudge in the arm as we walked back stage.

“Yah, I can’t believe you did that.” I could tell by his expression that he wasn’t mad, but he was totally flustered.

“Wae? Don’t you want all of America knowing you’re mine?” His lips curled.

“That’s not it Fany-ah, I could’ve told them that myself.”

Oh Taeyeon…. I wrapped my hand in his and questioned him again.

“Then what is it?” He sighed.

“It-it’s just… I have pink hair Fany-ah.” He pouted and I had to kiss him once on the cheek like he did to me minutes ago. “I’m not wearing any make up and what is LSM gonna do when he finds out about this?! If he kills me this is totally on you.” I laughed.

“Fine. I take full responsibility… plus I love your hair boo,” I cooed. He grinned. “And you are very good looking Taeyeon, you don’t need make up… even Kelly Ripa said so…” He looked like he was thinking but then shook his head… like it was an etch-a-sketch or something.

Aigo~!

“But still! I-“

“You looked fine Taeyeon. You actually look really good today babe,” I said honestly.

His baggy yet skinny jeans fit perfectly and he was totally rocking the black sweater he had on and-

“As opposed to what?!”

Omo, I had to laugh. The look on his face was hilarious, but I really didn’t mean it like that!

He always looked good, but today he just looked like really good. I was actually pretty curious to see what the news articles said about this in Korea. Thankfully I didn’t have to wait long either. By the time we got back to our hotel room there were at least ten articles out, I almost didn’t even believe it.

I clicked on the first one and-

 

43S1erN.jpg

 

 

“See I told you, you looked fine babe. Gossip sites are even mentioning you.” He sighed. “They even said the exact time to look at to see your precious face Taetae.” I squeezed his chin, but Taeyeon just made one of his trademark pouty faces at me.

He was killing me.

“Yah even LSM laughed Tae, what’s the matter?”

Lee Sooman was waiting at the hotel for us to get back and the first thing out of his mouth was a joke about Taeyeon. He thought it was the funniest of us all I think.

Taeyeon’s reaction to realizing he was on camera was pretty good though…

“Nothing’s the matter Fany-ah… I just didn’t want to be on camera or anything.” It was my turn to sigh now.

What was he thinking? Sometimes it was actually worrying.  Taeyeon is so off in his own little world sometimes that I don’t even think he realizes it.

One time he drove all the way to Incheon just to be alone with the ocean. I thought he was totally joking when he told me over the phone… until he sent me a selca of himself and the waves rolling in behind him that is.

It’s gotten a lot better since we started living together but I still didn’t understand him most of the time.

He was one odd individual… that I loved more than anything.

Aigo~ what did I get myself into?

 “Why not,” I asked in hopes he would actually tell me. I didn’t want to push him too much at once, but sometimes I couldn’t help it. He shrugged.

“This was your moment babe; I didn’t want to be talked about at all. That’s why I wore the facemasks and everything too,” he said softly.

My heart swelled.

“I thought if I hid they wouldn’t talk about me and just talk about how amazing your American debut was… but then you~,” he held out playfully as he wrapped his arms tightly around me. “Just had to go and say I was your husband on live TV… gah, so much for hiding.”

I had to stop him there.

“Taeyeon…”

I didn’t know where or how to begin what I wanted to say to my amazingly sweet and caring husband, but the first thing that came out of my mouth was probably the cheesiest thing I have ever said in my entire life.

“We’re like peanut butter and jelly babe.” My arms found their way around him as well. “Like thunder and lightning… You can’t have one of us without the other,” I grinned. “We’re a unit.”

“But-“

“Hm-mm,” I sounded, cutting him off with a squeeze. “The fans need to know we’re a package deal Taetae. I’m sick of people hating you just because you’re my husband… Ugh, I’m about to tell everyone that if they don’t like you then they don’t like me by default.” I moved from his arms to the bed.

How could someone who is my fan hate the person that I love? It didn’t make sense.

“Aye~,” Taeyeon said immediately with a laugh. “That’s not right babe. Someone might dislike me for a totally different reason but then still like you.” I scoffed.

“Why wouldn’t anyone like you Tae?” He shrugged.

“I don’t know? Maybe they aren’t a fan of my music or how I act- you even said yourself that I’m a weirdo.”

Oh my-

“That’s not the same thing as-“

“You just never know,” he laughed. “People have different opinions.”

Ugh! While he did slightly make sense, it still didn’t help my original argument. We definitely got side tracked somewhere.

“Whatever,” I said as I reached my hand out for him. He got the cue and swiftly moved beside me, letting our hands intertwine like usual. “We’re a team Taetae,” I said while looking down.

I don’t know how this made me feel so content, but I wouldn’t want it any other way.

“There is no ‘your moment’ or ‘my moment’… they’re all ‘our moments’ from now on, okay? I want you by my side in everything I do.” I heard him hum. “I’m serious Taeyeon,” I said as I looked up to see his grinning face, which threw me off a little. “I-if I catch you trying to wear a facemask when we go out later you’re dead, got it?” His smile definitely broke the angry vibe I was trying to give off and I mentally cursed.

Aish! I blame the baby for this one… It already loved its daddy so much that it countered out my slight anger toward him inside me.

I don’t actually know if that was possible, but it was believable enough for me right now.

“Everyone should get to see just how handsome you are Kim Taeyeon,” I said as I actually felt myself giving in to his stupid face. Ugh!

This was totally not fair. It was two against one, I had no chance!

Ugh, I sighed again.

Just you wait Kim Taeyeon; this baby will definitely take my side once it comes out!

_____________________________________

 

As soon as my manager gave us the go ahead, we went out the back door and down a poorly lit alley.

“You really think we won’t get caught?”

“Probably not for a while at least,” Jessica said from beside me.

While Sunny and Seohyun went to this club event we were invited to by some DJ today during our interviews, Jessica and I totally ditched it altogether.

Well, I didn’t ditch it but Taeyeon and I thought it would be a pretty bad idea for me to show up at a club pregnant. Not only was it totally unsafe but it would probably not sit well with fans either once they found out.

I obviously wouldn’t be out there tearing up the dance floor in my current state and I would probably even have quite the security team with me, but just being there would look bad… even if I was completely safe the entire time.

Ugh, either way it was gonna be much less of a headache for me to just not show up… and Taeyeon was pretty enthusiastic about us going out by ourselves tonight. He said he wanted to be a ‘real NYC couple’ and walk around town.

It was pretty cute.

We didn’t originally plan for Jessica to come with us, but it wouldn’t be so bad to have another person helping us stay on the lookout either. Sunny and Seohyun might miss her English skills a little at the club but- hold up.

“How did you get out of going to the club? They were going to make me if I wasn’t... you know.” She hummed.

“I just told them that I wasn’t going,” she replied coolly.

Heol... if only I was as brave as her.

“It wasn’t a real schedule that I had to attend so I didn’t. I’d much rather spend a night on the town with my best friend,” she said as her arm wrapped in mine. “We never get to hang out anymore Tiff~.” I laughed.

“I see you almost every day for work Jess.” I think I see her and the girls even more these days than I do Taeyeon.

“That’s not the same and you know it.” I sighed. That was true, but only because we couldn’t.

“Everywhere we go in Korea draws a crowd and we’ve been super busy lately anyway.”

Between meetings, recording, and shooting for the next album and everything we’ve had to do for the baby so far, there hasn’t been much time to hang out. I usually only see Taeyeon for a few hours a day!

“Ugh, I know,” Jess groaned. “I just miss you.”

Ouch… that one hit me right in the chest.

I missed her too… Sunny and Seohyun too of course, but Jessica has been there from the very start. She was my first friend in Korea and it really was weird not to see her everyday all day like I used to.

Ah-ha!

“You know the passcode to our house right?” She hummed. “Then come over whenever… stay the night if you want. Seriously, Taeyeon doesn’t mind do you babe?” He shook his head.

“Not at all. I’m gonna get busier here soon so it’ll be good for someone to be there with you.” I mentally groaned.

Don’t even remind me of that.

Right when I finally get to take a break from all schedules, Taeyeon starts his. He’ll have to more seriously start to record and practice the dance steps… not to mention all his variety appearances and music show performances…

Ugh, and I won’t be able to go to a single one! I’ll almost have to start looking pregnant by then.

“Yah, I’ll be busy by then too guys, remember?”

Oh crap. I totally did forget about that… since my schedules ended in about a week, I for some reason thought hers would too… whoops.

“Right… and I won’t be able to leave the house in like a month probably.” Jess laughed.

“Yeah, we can’t have Girls’ Generation’s visual out looking like she swallowed a pumpkin.” I elbowed her in the side. “Oww~ I was just kidding Tiff, jeesh. I think you’ll make the cutest pregnant lady.”

While that felt good to hear, I didn’t even want to imagine myself like that yet… All the hard work I’ve put into looking like this is going to go right out the window in less than six months.

Thankfully the very depressing conversation about me gaining tons of weight ended as soon as we stepped on to the extremely crowded sidewalk. I think Taeyeon’s jaw dropped, but I was thrilled.

There were tons of people walking by and not one of them gave us a second glance-er… okay except for her.

That girl totally just checked out my husband- why I oughta-

“Heol…,” Taeyeon said aloud, pulling me back to reality. “I don’t think we’re gonna get spotted at all. Look how many people there are Fany-ah.” I hummed and took his hand in mine.

Whew, that was better and I think he might be right too. Unless someone runs into us by luck, I really don’t think someone would be able to go out and actively ‘find’ us.

 “So where to first?”

Taeyeon wanted to go see Central Park, but he got out voted by Jessica and I who were in desperate need of something to eat.

“But the park is pretty close to the restaurant Michelle recommended, so we could do that after,” I questioned looking back and forth between the two.

“Sure, I don’t care,” Jess said. “They have some really good stores around there too I’m pretty sure.”

“Perfect,” I said happily. “Is that okay with you, boo?” Taeyeon hummed.

“Shopping is good. I can try to find something for my parents and Hayeon while I’m here.”

Omo, that was a good idea.

“Good let’s go,” Jess said as she pulled on my arm. “I’m starving.”

We decided to walk there since it wasn’t super cold out tonight, but when Jessica opened her phone and we saw how far away it actually was… we hailed a taxi.

Maybe we would have walked if it was warmer, or if I wasn’t so tired, but it was pretty cute to see Taeyeon marvel at all the people and ‘pretty’ buildings as we passed by. Every now and then he’d point out something for me to look at and I couldn’t help but smile.

“Oh Fany-ah look,” he said again. “Doesn’t that place look like it would be fun?” I looked to see where he was pointing and definitely agreed.

It seemed to be some kind of a dessert shop that I would be more than willing to go in after we ate real food… It was lit up in bright pink and orange neon lights and- what street was this again?

From what I could see of the cakes in the window, they looked delicious. We’d definitely have to come back.

It didn’t take much longer to get to the restaurant and I think it took even less time for us to eat our meal when it came out… well for me at least.

I was starving and the pasta here really was the best.

I sent Michelle, who just so happened to be in California this week, a text after the first bite.

Taeyeon and Jessica took a little bit longer to eat so I went ahead and ordered dessert… sorry cute little shop we passed on the way. We were already here and these cinnamon bread bites with vanilla bean dipping sauce that the table beside us just ordered were calling my name.

“Yah are you sure you’re not having twins or triplets,” Jessica laughed as I took the last bite of my cinnamon bite. “You’re definitely eating enough for them.” I stuck out my tongue before Taeyeon jumped in in my defense.

“Leave her alone,” he said protectively. “She can eat as much as she wants Jung Sooyeon. She’s growing my precious little baby inside of her.” He frowned at her, but my heart melted.

I had to be one of the luckiest girls alive.

“I know,” she laughed again. “But you wouldn’t think it ate that much seeing as how small it’ll be.”

Heol… if she wasn’t making fun of my Taetae I would have cracked up… okay, so I did laugh a little, but who can blame me? It was really funny… and Taeyeon knows he’s not the tallest person in the world. He jokes about it himself most of the time. I-

“Yah,” he laughed. “I may be on the short side… but my is pretty okay, right Fany-ah?”

Oh my god.

“Kim Taeyeon,” I scolded… kinda. It was too funny to not laugh at, but I still could not believe he said that aloud…

This was one of the times I was thankful Taeyeon isn’t super confident in his English ability… since we’re in America I’m pretty sure we were the only ones that knew he was talking about his own right now.

“What,” he questioned playfully. “You tell me that all the ti-AUMM.” I tried to cover his mouth, but it was too late. Jessica heard it all.

“Wow,” she gaped sarcastically. “You two are perfect for each other. ByunTae and ByunTi…” She pointed at us as she said the names and Taeyeon lost it with his adorable ahjumma laugh.

I didn’t know what had gotten into him tonight, but he was being even crazier than usual and it was amazing. He would almost never act like this in public in Korea. At home he’s his normal crazy, silly self, but he is right back to ‘calm leader Taeyeon’ when he leaves the house… most of the time at least.

My guess was that he was finally realizing that we probably weren’t going to get spotted here and that for the first time in a long time we had no actual rules. That’s what I was happy about at least.

We could do what we want when we wanted without a manager there to tell us how.

“You’re just jealous,” Taeyeon boasted.

Wait a minute, what? What on earth did I miss now?

“Jealous,” Jessica asked back skeptically. Taeyeon hummed. “Of what?”

I was curious too.

“You’re jealous that our baby will have the cutest in the century,” he laughed. Her eyes rolled.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” He shook his head. “And you married him,” Jessica asked while looking at me.

I knew she was just playing around, and I could tell Taeyeon did too… but I couldn’t let her diss my man like that!

I wrapped myself around his arm and snuggled right up to him.

“Mhm,” I hummed. “And I wouldn’t trade him for the world.” Taeyeon took his free hand to move my bangs out of the way before kissing my forehead and Jessica’s reaction was drama worthy.

“Ugh,” she groaned. “You two disgust me… Let’s go.”

_____________________________________

 

AH I'm sorry it takes me so long to update, but this chapter is extra long so please don't hate me a lot. <33

I included the lyrical break down of parts among my version of SNSD just because I know in the past I've been asked how I would split the parts between the four members like I do for all the 'TYS' songs in the story! I hope you all don't mind too much :p

I also apologize for not replying to most of the previous comments recently! I didn't mean to not, but I just always get sidetracked when I go to reply to them... this may be some of my problem with taking so long to update too ... >_<

OTL

From here on out I promise to reply to all your comments/messages/whatever no matter what!

<33333333333333333333333333

 

 

ps. Sorry if anyone thinks the story is getting boring or something too! I know it's not very exciting but if you all haven't noticed by now I don't do drama... like period.
I'm really bad at writing it (and I really just don't like to) so I pretty much stay away from it all together.
SORRY :[

I still hope you all can enjoy my story!


 

ALSO. Quick poll.

Baby Boy or Baby Girl?
Or multiples...

it may or may not be decided in the next chapter...
DUNDUNDUN