Day off.

Like we always do.

 

It was Sunday again. Meaning, it was the day of the week when Minju had to work.

 

“M-mwo?! You want me..that..must..wear..what?!” I stuttered as I shook my head in utter disbelieve.

 

Chi Hoon stretched his arm and held out the dress in front of me. “Awww come on Minju! Pleaseeeee~ Just for today!” He begged her with pleading eyes.

 

“Nononono! No way! I signed the contract agreeing that I wouldn’t dress up in costumes or whatnot!” Minju furiously retorted. “Why do I have to listen to you anyway?”

 

“Because I’m your sunbae making me the older one, and I’m considered as your oppa!” He jabbed his thumb at his chest proudly. “So?” Minju kept a straight face. “So you have to listen to me!” “Bull!” Minju threw her hands in the air and childishly stomped her feet.

 

Chi Hoon sighed and rubbed the back of his neck as grabbed her shoulders to calm her down. He stared into her brown orbs and Minju’s eyes locked with his. “Is it because you would you feel uncomfortable?” Minju bit her lower lip and slowly nodded.

 

Chi Hoon released her shoulders as his own sagged. “Arasso, I understand. It’s alright, you don’t have to force yourself if you don’t want it. I only wanted to see how cute you would look in the dress.”

 

Minju felt slightly bad but hesitated. “Uh- I guess i-it wouldn’t hurt to try it just for today.” She snatched the dress away from Chi Hoon’s hands. “But you better not laugh at me or mock me!” Minju pouted.

 

“I won’t! I promise!” Chi Hoon brightened up.

 

--

 

Minju came down from the stairs, adjusting the headband on her head. Minju had let her hair down and she was wearing pumps. “Ugh this is so annoying. I feel like such a .” Minju complained.

 

“My dear you look wonderful!” Mrs Jung appeared from the kitchen and exclaimed as she cooed at how adorable and beautiful Minju looked.

 

“R-really? Gomawo.” Minju awkwardly flashed a smile as she tugged the end of the dress to pull it down lower. Chi Hoon also came down the stairs as he buttoned the top of his shirt. Minju looked at him. ‘Woah Chi Hoon looks so dashing. He’s suave alright but sadly, he’s not my type.’

 

“Quit staring.” Chi Hoon poked her forehead. “I wasn’t staring! I was…thinking.”

Minju rolled her eyes. “Omma, may I ask you why we are dressed so grandly?” Mrs Jung gaped at Minju as if she had just lost her head. “Oh my, didn’t Chi Hoon inform you?” Minju shook her head, confused.

 

“Chi Hoon told me he wanted to take a day off for today so that he could bring you out to somewhere.” Minju’s eyes rounded. “H-huh? B-but-”

 

“We’ll be going first ommonim.” Chi Hoon bowed politely as he took Minju’s hand. Minju was too shocked to even move. “Deh, have a pleasant time dear.”

 

When they stepped out of the café, Minju automatically snapped at him. “You tricked me!” Chi Hoon blinked at her. “No I didn’t.” “Y-yes you did! You said me dressing up was part of work!”

 

“I don’t recall saying anything of that sort.” Chi Hoon shrugged. “Yah! I’m going back in.” She wobbled as she turned around.

 

Before Minju could even proceed to enter, Chi Hoon grabbed her wrist. “Minju ah, I know you already have a boyfriend.” Minju’s eyes widened. ‘D-does he mean yeollie?’ “But please give me a chance? I don’t even need you to like me, I just want your accompany, as a friend.”

 

Minju slowly turned to face him. “I promise you it would be fun.” He smiled at her, sincerity filled his eyes. After contemplating, Minju finally accepted to go out with Chi Hoon.

 

So Minju and Chi Hoon took the subway and headed towards Myeong-dong. They walked along the streets as they admired the goods that were sold there.

 

They were having lots of fun. Minju tried out several clothes that Chi Hoon had picked out for her, as he insisted while he got himself a brand new pair of shoes.

 

“Don’t you want to but anything Minju?” Minju pursed her lips and thought about it. “Hmm. Nope! Rather that, I think I’m kind of hungry.” She patted her flat and empty tummy.

 

“Arasso, let’s go have some Korean BBQ.” Chi Hoon suggested as he led the way.

 

They soon spotted a restaurant that sold both Korean BBQ and kalguksu.

 

“Uwah! I love kalguksu!” Minju cheered as she broke her chopsticks into two. “Thank you for the food~” She beamed before digging in. Chi Hoon managed a small caring smile as he looked at her before eating his own share of bulgogi.

 

When they were done, they walked around the district some more. They shared their likes and dislikes and their interests. Minju had struck up a busy conversation until she recognized someone familiar.