Friends who worry.

Like we always do.

Your POV

 

 Sungjong was sitting at his seat, looking pretty when he saw me walking in.

 

“ANNYEONG MIN!” He jumped towards me like a pogo stick. “Annyeong!” I waved back at him. “OMG WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR WRIST?” Sungjong exaggerated. “Jong-ah,” he looked up. “We’re earning stares.” I whispered to him. “Whaaaat happeneeeeed?” Sungjong whispered dramatically.

 

“I injured myself, it's normal.” I smiled at him. “Who did this to you? It looks bad.” “Psssh, I’m fine. Besides, it’s already treated, right?” I assured him, proving to him that I wasn't hurt anymore. “Phew that was fun!” Hyorin entered the class, dusting her hands together. “I sure need some anti-bacteria soap right now.” She said as she wiped her hands on the desk.

 

I laughed as Sungjong went over to Hyorin to ask her what had happened. Before Hyorin could even tell him, our homeroom teacher entered the class, and everyone including Sungjong and I, scurried back into our seats.

 

--

 

Sungjong, Hyorin and I went for our break and we were standing in line for our food. The queue was moving and it was my turn to carry my tray but a pair of hands grabbed it before me. “Excuse me but that –yeol?” “You’re forgetting something.” “Ani, I already grabbed all the food that I like.” His face dropped for a while. “I’ll help you with this.”

 

“Oh.” We walked to the table. Myungsoo, Sungyeol, Sunggyu and Sungjong sat opposite of me while Hyorin, Woohyun, Dongwoo, Hoya and I sat on the same bench. I sat next to Woohyun, after much of his pestering. “Thank you yeol oppa.” I smiled as he placed my tray down. His head perked up after I had said that. “Yah yah yah! OPPA?” Woohyun lamented. “How unfair.” He uttered under his breath.

 

I felt a little bad so I decided to call him oppa too, just to cheer him up. “Why the long face, Woohyun oppa?” “Huh? Sungyeol – Y-YOU CALLED ME OPPA TOO. Uwah I’m so happy!” Woohyun pinched my cheeks when he realized what I had said. I shook my head as I playfully rolled my eyes.

 

“Here, let me feed you!” “No that’s okay.” I shook my head. “It’s okay jagiya, you hurt your wrist and it’s only normal if the boyfriend gets worried over his girl.” Woohyun self proclaimed. I heaved a heavy sigh and had no choice but to let him do so.

 

“How come Min gets to get feed and I don’t. Ahhhhh that’s so unjustified!” Hyorin deplored. “Your wrists are fine!” Woohyun told her off. Hyorin stuck her tongue out at him and made a face.

 

From the corner of my eyes, I could see Sungyeol and Myungsoo looking at me. I pretended not to notice it. When Woohyun fed me another spoonful, I looked at them and smiled cutely. Sungyeol returned me a warm smile while Myungsoo looked elsewhere.

 

When everyone stood up to leave, I quickly ran to Myungsoo and tugged on his sleeve. Myungsoo turned to look at me. “C-can you accompany me somewhere today after school?” He raised an eyebrow. “Ask someone else. Maybe Sungyeol oppa or Woohyun oppa,” He mocked me as he left.

 

‘As predicted. He’s jealous. Why would he even be anyways?’ I walked towards my next class.

 

---

 

“See you tomorrow!” “Text me once you reach home!” “Okay!” I headed towards the exit. I pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear as I took out my phone from my pocket. As I was about to step out of the gate, i saw a familiar figure leaning against the wall . “Oh look who it is.” I made a face.

 

“You know, you somehow remind me of a monkey.” He pushed himself off the wall using his heel. “Excuse me?” I scoffed. Myungsoo walked towards me as he stood in front of me. He pushed my hair behind my ears, stooped down to meet my eye level and chuckled. “Oo-oo-ah-ah!” he imitated the monkeys.

 

“YAH!” I clamped my hands over my ears, face flushed from embarrassment. Myungsoo laughed as he clutched his stomach. He was enjoying this. 'Oh yeah?' I kicked his leg and he yowled, hoping on one foot as he hugged the other. Suddenly he dropped onto the curb of the road. “Y-yah Myungsoo! I didn’t kick you that hard!”

 

Myungsoo was still. “M-myungsoo?” Silence. "Y-yah, don't do this to me." I began to panic a little. “Monkey~” He looked up and smiled. I gasped, “How dare you!  Ugh!” I harrumphed and crossed my arms. I shot him a look as I shook my head. He was still smiling like an idiot so I decided to just leave him there.

 


CommentandSubscribe