The first meeting.

Like we always do.

Your POV

 

I tied my hair in two low ponytails and slid on my backpack. Glancing at my watch, it read 07:50am. I looked at my reflection in the mirror for the last time and nodded approvingly at how I was dressed. My uniform was ironed and my shoes were polished. Trotting towards the door, I grabbed the bunch of keys and unlocked the main gate. “I’m going!” I screamed to no one in particular.

 

I live with my oppa who rarely comes home, and even if he did, he’d either be drunk or bankrupt. My parents abandoned me and oppa and sent me to live with halmoni when we were five but that didn’t make me lose hope. I was lucky. Halmoni was my pillar of support and she gave me warm embraces as well as useful advises. Halmoni doted a lot on me. However, I lost halmoni’s love and support two years ago. Halmoni passed away due to her old age. Ever since then, I always felt a pang of loneliness.

 

“BEEP BEEP BEEEEP!” A car honked as it swerved to avoid hitting me. I snapped out of my trance and jumped backwards. “Omona! That was a close one!” I clenched my chest, paralyzed by the shock. I closed my eyes and slowly breathed in and out. ‘I must not lose focus.’ I opened my big doe eyes and let out a short but strong sigh. The school was only a few metres away by now. Gradually, I started to pick up my pace. I reached the school a few minutes earlier so I decided to stop by my locker.

 

I keyed in my locker combination and opened the metal door. Then a pair of warm hands wrapped tightly around my eyes. “Gueeeeees who?” A familiar tingling voice said.

“Hyorin.” I smiled and she peeled her hands off my face. “Damn, why do you have to get it right all the time?” I giggled and closed the door of my locker after getting a few books out. I was laughing at Hyorin’s silly antiques while she talked gibberish on the way to class. Then, Hyorin abruptly stopped in the middle of the hallway. “Ah wae?” I whined.

 

“Your brother.” Hyorin narrowed her eyes at Minjun. “Looking at him even from afar, makes me sick in the stomach to the point of vomiting my intestines out!” She criticized him and turned to me, “No offense.” “Ah.” was the only thing that managed to come out from my mouth after seeing him being surrounded by a bunch of girls who purposely folded their skirts until which they look like miniskirts. ‘I’m lucky Hyorin is the only one who knows about my relationship with him.’

 

Shaking my head, I lightly gave Hyorin a nudge and showed her my watch to signal her that we were going to be late if we are going to keep standing here. Hyorin got the cue and we both continued to walk to class. The first few periods were done and it was almost time for lunch. I didn’t feel hungry but Hyorin insisted that I should at least accompany her. I gave in to her whining and we both headed for the door. The canteen was crowded as usual and I cringed at the sight. ‘Ugh, I hate crowded and rowdy places.’

 

From the corner of my eye, I saw Minjun oppa staring at me. It was as if he could burn a hole straight through me if he were to stare at me any longer. I rubbed my arms in discomfort. I was getting bored waiting for Hyorin so I drew circles with my toes. I was busy staring at the imaginary circles I drew and didn’t notice a guy was standing next to me until he cleared his throat. I looked up and moved away so that he could walk through. While he was passing by, I looked at him and he gazed back at me. ‘Something about that guy irritates me.’ ‘Something about that girl intrigues me.’


Ja-ja-jajang! Yay! My first chapter of my second fanfic. Kekekekeke, hope it wasn't too bad and hope you weren't unsatisfied. Well, i did try my best. Now it's your turn!

 

CommentandSubscribe