He found out.

Like we always do.

 

Classes had ended and everyone was rushing out, pushing each other. “WATCH IT.” Hyorin screamed. Minju giggled at her friend. “Whutz so funny?” Hyorin asked, making a face at her bestie. “Your face.” Sungjong stated bluntly. Minju burst out laughing, wiping away her fake tears, agreeing to Sungjong.

 

“Shut your trap Sungjong or I’d do it personally for you.” Hyorin snapped jokingly. The rest, except for Myungsoo,  Sunggyu and Dongwoo, eventually joined them. “Hey hey, wanna go out for lunch?” Woohyun suggested eagerly. Everyone settled with the idea as they excitedly advocate places to go to. In the end, they agreed to just eating burgers and fries at a small fast food outlet.

 

“Hey that’s my soda! Go get your own!” Sungjong screamed at Sungyeol. “Sheesh, you’re so stingy.” Sungyeol slammed the cup down. Minju nudged Sungjong lightly and gave him a look. “Fine, fine, gah! You guys always bully the maknae!” Sungjong complained as he pushed the drink towards Sungyeol.

 

Sungyeol gladly sipped on the straw, gulping the drink down his throat. Not long after, Hyorin and Hoya started squabbling over the fries. Minju face-palmed herself and gave Hyorin her portion. “You guys, we’re at public.” Minju reminded them.

 

Hyorin stuffed her face with fries and burgers. “Man, it’s been so long since I get to eat western again.” “Now there, you don’t want to choke on your food do you?” Hoya patted her back. “Don’t touch me.” She glared at him. “Woah chill.” Hoya backed away.

 

Minju was laughing at her friends when her phone beeped. She took it out and turned off the alarm. ‘Time for work.’ She wiped with a napkin and took out some cash. “Here, the payment for my meal.” She handed it to Woohyun and stood up. “Hey it’s okay. I’ve got it yobeo.” Woohyun pushed away my hand.

 

“Where are you going Min? We’re not even done yet.” Hyorin asked me, stumped. “Um, somewhere. It’s urgent. Don’t worry, I’ll be safe. I’ll call you once I get home, deh?” Minju assured her. “Okay. Don’t do anything stupid.” Minju nodded and waved at the others.

 

Sungyeol’s POV

 

Minju got up from her seat. ‘Where was she going? If she’s planning to go out with Myungsoo, he would have told me about it.’ Curious, I decided to follow her right after she left the shop. “Guys, I just remembered I left something back in school. Meet you guys later.” I tried to make an excuse and fortunately, they bought it.

I frantically looked left and right, searching for Minju. I saw her back and hastily went after her. I hid behind the wall as I saw her enter a shop. ‘There is something peculiar about this place.’ I looked at the large sign hanging at the top.

 

"과자 카페"

 

‘Café? Min is working?!’ Sungyeol pondered to himself. After procrastinating for a while, Sungyeol finally decided to enter the shop. “Annyeonghasaeyo, can I help-“ Minju stopped halfway when she saw me. Her eyes were as wide as saucers as she dropped her notebook.

 

 

“S-s-sungyeol?” she stuttered, astonished.



 

CommentandSubscribe