Blue bow.

Like we always do.

 

“I thought you didn’t want to follow?” Minju rolled her eyes at him. “I just felt like it. Besides, you didn’t ask Sungyeol oppa or Woohyun oppa to follow.” He shrugged. ‘This guy.’ She grunted.

 

A booth that sold hairclips and various pins came into sight. Minju gasped and ran towards it, gawking in awe. ‘Oh my god, these are so cute! They are just what I needed.’ Her eyes sparkled. Minju picked up a blue bow that had brown frills around it. “So cuteeee~” She cooed.

 

From afar, Myungsoo was watching Minju but she didn’t notice it.

 

‘Sigh, but I only have enough to buy one for Hyorin. It’s okay, I can always come back.’

 

“Ahjumma, can I have that pink clip with the purple heart?” Minju paid and took the bag away from her. She motioned Myungsoo to over follow when she was done. He got the signal and started walking towards her.

 

--

 

Minju had walked to the next destination but Myungsoo was still at the booth. “That one.” He pointed to the blue bow which Minju had admired. “Is it for someone special?” The same ahjumma asked him as she placed the clip in a bag. “Ah, deh.” He scratched the back of his neck.

 

Minju turned to see Myungsoo gone. “Psh, whatever.” When Minju was busy looking at the coloured boxes, Myungsoo appeared behind her. Minju picked a medium sized pink box and was about to turn to pay. “Oh omona!” She gasped. “Yah! What was that for?” Myungsoo made a monkey face and lowered his head to laugh. “Retard. Only retards laugh at their own joke.” Minju went to the cashier.

 

Minju bought a bar of milk chocolate, printed a picture of her and Hyorin and bought a bag of cotton balls. It was almost evening when they were done. All the while Minju was searching for the items; Myungsoo was being nothing but a pest.

 

They sat at a bench and Minju placed the bags next to her. “Okay I’m done. I’ll just have to place these in this box.” Minju took out the box and spread out the cotton balls. She neatly put the picture at the bottom and placed the clip and the chocolate on top. Then she placed her card and closed the lid.

 

While Minju was preoccupied, Myungsoo carefully slid the bow that he bought her inside one of the bags.  Satisfied, Minju stood up and packed away the stuff that she had bought. Then they headed towards Minju’s house. Myungsoo had volunteered to walk her back home.

 

“It’s for Hyorin. It’s our friendship day tomorrow.” Minju held up the box. Myungsoo tried to act normal and nodded his head. Minju smiled softly as she rubbed her eyes. “Thank you for accompanying me today Myungsoo oppa.” She bowed and was about to go in the house when he spun her around.

 

“Say that again.” His eyes were wide. Minju’s eyes were wide. “H-huh?” ‘What-what did I say?’

 

“Say it.” He shook her lightly. “Say what?” She was confused.

 

“My name.” “M-myungsoo oppa?” His smile was reaching up to his ears. Myungsoo realized what he had done and quickly cleared his throat. He let go of her shoulders and placed his hands inside of his pockets.

 

“See you in school tomorrow.  Don’t forget to wear it okay?” “Huh? O-okay. Bye.” I waved before running inside.

 

“Wear it? Wear what?”

 

That night while Minju was placing the box into a better looking bag, she spotted the blue bow at the bottom. Minju gasped. ‘When did I-? Did Myungsoo buy this for me?’

 

‘Don’t forget to wear it okay?’

 

Minju softened as she clutched the bow to her chest.  She left the bow on the side-table as she prepared to go to bed, so that she would remember to wear it the following day.