Chapter 23

Just Four Words, Say It and I'm Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Zitao was walking towards the finance department at the third floor when he spotted Kris at the lobby of Huang Technologies together with their vice president. He watched them went inside the elevator and before the lift closed his eyes meets Kris. His eyes widen and start to walked faster until he reach the finance department. He talked for a while with the head of the department regarding the financial status of their company.

After a few minutes, he left the room and walked towards his own office. Wishing he would not cross path with the president of Wu Enterprises but luck seems to left him today when he spotted a very familiar figure towards his direction. He immediately turned his back and hurriedly take a different route towards his office. It seems the other president didn't noticed him so he gladly took his breath he didn't knew he was holding back for long when he was away from the older man. He pressed his back against the wall as he tried to calm himself first.

"That was a very good idea President Wu.."

"It's nothing really.."

 

His eyes snapped opened the moment he heard that voice. He perfectly knew who owns that and the voice came from the place quite near where he was. He grunted and hurriedly walked away again. He was aware he would meet Kris anytime soon but he didn't expect to see him again after yesterday. As always he wasn't ready to face him. So he need to avoid the other president at all cost.

He choose to used the stairs instead the lift so he was tired when he reach the hallway towards his office. He sighed and pressed his head against the wall. He was dead tired! Just why on earth Kris need to showed up once again? And why do he need to hide like a criminal? He didn't do anything wrong!

"Sir, are you okay?"

He opened his eyes and noticed some of his employees were giving him a weird look. He immediately stood up straight and quickly gained his composure. "Yes, I'm fine.."

"Anyway Sir, President Wu and Vice President Han is waiting for you, at your office.."

"Okay... What?!"

 

 

President Wu? As in Kris Wu was waiting for him? Is fate playing on him? He wanted to cry in frustration. He wanted to just banged his head on the wall. So all his effort in avoiding Kris would just go to waste? He secretly grunted as he closed his eyes shut. Seriously? He only make himself tired for nothing. His shoulder slumped and he walked towards his office. Maybe luck really left him today. Great, just great.

 

When he entered the office he immediately spotted Kris and Vice President Han sitting at the visitors couch. The two stood up from their seat and greets him. He smiles at Vice President Han but when he turned to face Kris he couldn't even fake a smile.

 

"It looks like you are busy right now, President Huang. Sorry for imposing on you.."

"It's okay Mr. Han.. So why the sudden visit?"

"Ah.. the board of directors are wondering if we could take you out on a dinner President Huang.. It would be a little party for you"

"A party for me? Today?"

"Yes. I hope you could joined us for tonight.."

 

He thought about it for a while and maybe it would be a great oppurtunity to get to know more about his co-workers. Maybe they are really giving him a chance now. "Of course. It sounds good to me."

"Very well then, President Huang. We'll see you later.." with that Vice President Han and Kris walked towards the door leaving him behind. He took a seat in his swivel chair once Kris is no longer in his sight. The older man didn't even talked once and he was glad. Just his mere presence was disturbing what more if he tried to talked to him?

We'll see you later.. Is Kris going to be at the dinner party too? He shut his eyes closed. Great, just great.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was a casual dinner inside a Korean Restaurant, maybe his co-workers wanted to take their dinner party as light as possible. He smiled when he noticed everyone was having a good time. Maybe they all need a break from the frustrating events regarding the state of their company. It was good to see these people loosen up a little. Sometimes, Zitao was getting afraid with some of them. Since they were all stiff and strict when it comes to work. He didn't know how to act in front of them. He was afraid to disappoint them.


He remained quite and just listened to the conversations they were having sometimes Mr. Han would asked him some questions and he would only gave simple answers.

 

 

His gaze accidentally fell on Kris. The older man was sitting in front of him and he was shock when he saw him looking at his direction. Their eyes lock, but only for a while since he quickly removed his gaze from the older man and focus on his food. It was barely an eye contact but it was enough to stirred something inside him. Kris eyes always had the same effect on him. It was making him weak. Just like the old times. He bit his lower lips as he stood up and excused himself for a while.

"President Huang where are you going?", Mr. Han asked him

"I just need some fresh air.. I'll be back in a while.."

He could feel Kris stares and he couldn't stop himself from staring back. Kris was looking at him as if pleading him to stay put. He immediately removed his gaze from the older man and hurriedly walked towards the exit of the restaurant. He felt he would suffocate anytime soon if he would stay inside for one more minute. Kris presence is suffocating him. His presence is giving him uncertainty. He hated it. He hated whatever feelings he felt towards Kris. Everytime Kris was near him, he could felt different emotions he couldn't name and it scared him. He was scared to recognized what are those. He slowly walked towards the bench outside the restaurant and took his seat afterwards. He need to calm himself and made up his mind since he still need to go back inside the restaurant. It would be rude if he didn't go back.

Get yourself together Zitao! Don't let your personal feelings affect your work. Ignore him. Just avoid him.

 

 

 

 

 

After a few minutes, he decided to go back and it took about two more hours before they finally call it a day. He bowed down to the board of directors and they told him they would be gladly to worked with him soon. Zitao smiled as he bowed down once again.

It was time to go home and Zitao patiently waited for Sehun since his lover told him be would fetch him tonight. He walked towards the waiting shed when his phone rings.

 

"Sehun?"

'Hi baby..'

"Are you on your way now?"

'That's the.. problem.. I couldn't send you home today..'

"Oh.."

'Can you just call your driver to send you home?'

"Yeah.. I guess. Did something came up?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter