Chapter 4

Douce-Amère

Baekhyun and Chanyeol became awfully distant the next day. Chanyeol’s head was full about the job offer which he found out later was a recommendation he got from Joonmyeon. Kim Joonmyeon recommended him.  

Baekhyun took her own car to work today, the others were looking at her weirdly because she often rides with Chanyeol but that’s going stop soon. As she’s mixing some batter for macaroons, she feels her phone vibrates in her pocket.

She pauses the mixing and picks up the call from Baekbeom.

“Yes, oppa...I’m working right now.” Baekhyun whispers.

“Oh, I just wanted to tell that mom wants you to come over tonight.” He speaks.

“Okay sure, what time should I go?” Baekhyun leans on the counter.

“When you finish work,” She hears paper shuffling.

“I finish at 11, so give me a time to escape.” Baekhyun chuckles and shakes her head.

“Be there by 8.” He hangs up.

“Who was that?” Sehun asks her.

“Baekbeom, he’s back in Korea.” Baekhyun sighs.

 

“Baekbeom, he’s back in Korea.”

Chanyeol shivers at the said name.  

 

“Who the hell told them I’m in Korea?” Luhan sighs.

“Not me, you know tabloids, they just know where you are, tough luck being an actress.” Joonmyeon shrugs.

“I’m on vacation so leave me alone.” Luhan pouts.

“Tell that to the people who chase you around.” Joonmyeon slides her finger on her tablet checking her photos.

“This is going to be boring, I want to have fun. Joonie, let’s escape from here.” Luhan gives her puppy eyes.

“I have works to do, deadlines to eliminate.” She shows her tablet.

“But,” Joonmyeon smirks.

“Why are you smiling like that?” Luhan looks at her.

“I could set you up with someone,” Joonmyeon says slyly.

“Who,” Luhan laughs thinking she’s joking.

“Oh Sehun,” Joonmyeon winks at her.

“No,” Luhan declines.

“Just one date, please, I don’t want to see you grow old raising thousands of cats.”

“I’m not going to be a cat lady.” Luhan glares.

“At this rate you are, darling.”

“Okay, fine. He’ll decline anyway.”

“Nah, I already brainwashed him on going on a date with you.”

“You sly woman,”

 

“What do you do on a late night date?” Sehun says when it’s lunch hour.

Tao the latest edition to the table raises an eyebrow at him.

“Movie,” Chanyeol says.

“Milkshake and fries,” Baekhyun says next.

“There’s a drive in theatre at midnight,” Chanyeol put a fries in his mouth.

“You two sound like you’ve done it a lot.” Yixing raises an eyebrow while everyone looks at them with suspicion.

“There was a lot of this in Paris.” Baekhyun blurts out.

“I’ll be back.” Chanyeol takes his wailing phone out.

“He’s been on the phone a lot. Does he have a girlfriend?” Tao frowns.

“No, didn’t tell me anything.” Baekhyun answers.

“So, where is the drive in theatre?” Sehun mutters.

“Around the corner at the open car lot,” Baekhyun takes her water chug it down.  

 

Chanyeol got off the phone with the bakery owner in Paris; he had 2 weeks to make up his mind. Whether he would accept the offer or would he decline. He sighs. Going would be great for his career but bad for him, staying wasn’t a problem, he’s comfortable here.

“Are you really going to take up the offer?” Baekhyun comes and sits beside him.

“I don’t know, it seems good, and I would be able to learn more, gain more experience but,” Chanyeol stops.

“It’s in Paris.” Baekhyun finishes it for him.

“What happened in Paris should stay there don’t you think?” Chanyeol smiles bitterly.

“It should, so when are you going to tell Sehun?” Baekhyun asks.

“Tell me what?” They turn around seeing Sehun standing there.

 

Baekhyun parks her mini cooper in front of her mother’s house, got off and enters the house. She greets her parents and Baekbeom.

“So what is baby sister up to these days?” Baekbeom smiles at her with a loving smile.

“Nothing much, just working in a pastry shops in the city.” Baekhyun shrugs.

“I should send one of my journalists there.” Baekbeom nods.

“There’s a lot of journalist trying to interview Sehun, but the kid keeps declining it,” Baekhyun grins slightly.

“You’re working for Sehun?” Baekbeom asks surprised.

“Yeah, the kid needed an awesome baker so he hired me.” Baekhyun smiles cheekily.

“Are you still in contact with Chanyeol?” Baekbeom suddenly asks.

She didn’t answer him rather she didn’t want to answer.

 

Luhan walks out of her apartment complex with her head down and rushes to the car. She gets in quickly; Sehun’s being kind enough to wait a little since there were some tabloids around.

“I’m sorry, let’s hurry.” Luhan wears her seatbelt.

“It’s okay, I get it.” Sehun drives off to the drive in theatre.

“It smells like popcorn in here.” Luhan giggles.

“I have popcorn at the back seat.” Sehun points to the back.

“Where are we going again?” Luhan asks as he drives to a secluded place.

“Drive in theatre.” Sehun turns at a corner and there it was the theatre.

He parks the car somewhere in the middle as there were a good number of cars around. He reaches to the back and takes the popcorn placing it in the middle.

“Oh, they’re showing a Chinese movie, hope there’s subtitles.”  Sehun adjusts his seat.

“Miss granny...” Luhan covers her face.

“What’s wrong?” Sehun asks.

Luhan lets out a whiny sound. She removes her hand and sees Sehun looking at her worried. She shakes her head. He looks interested in the movie.

“It’s nothing.” She shrugs it off.

“Are you sure? We can go back if you want to...” Sehun says.

“No, it’s okay.”

 

Once the movie starts, Sehun understand why she was like that. There on the screen was a younger and more innocent looking of her. He looks over and sees her blushing madly but her eyes were glued to the screen.

“Cute,”

“Shut up,” Her face becomes redder if possible.

They become silent again when she started singing, in the movie of course.

“You’re an amazing singer...” Sehun whispers.

“I’m glad that it’s going to end soon,” Luhan sighs.

“Why are you so shy? Where did all that sass go?” Sehun lips tugs up lopsidedly.

“It was destroyed by the girl on the screen.”

“You mean the grandma?”

“Pretty much,” Luhan nods.

“Some grandma,” Sehun retorts.

Luhan burst out laughing like crazy to his remark, he watch as she laugh in an unladylike manner, gripping her stomach and cover that’s open wide. Sehun finds himself smiling too.

“Oww...my mouth hurts from too much laughing,” She sighs.

The movie just ended and they were on the way out,

“That was a good movie,” Sehun snickers.

“It’s late, so where do we go next?” Luhan smiles happily.

“Are you hungry?” Sehun looks at her.

“Starving,” Luhan pouts.

“Let’s go eat then.”

These were the kind of dates she goes on, yes she has dated before but it didn’t last long. None of it does, because when you date in the wee hours sometimes you have to choose in between sleep and people. And Luhan being not such of people’s person she choose sleep.

He parks the car in front of a deserted dinner, perfect.

“Wait,” He reaches to the back taking a snap back and put it on her.

“For you to cover your face,” Luhan smiles at his gesture.

 

They spent the night munching on greasy food and chit chatting about Joonmyeon, work, life but mostly Joonmyeon.

“So, I heard Yixing like Joonmyeon, tell me about it.” Luhan says.

“Oh, hyung really like her a lot but noona never really showed any feelings towards him.” Sehun shrugs.

Luhan nods and scrunches her face.

“She has always been like that, so tell him don’t worry.” 

 

Joonmyeon lies back into her bed and curls up closer to the sturdy chest of the man in her bed.

“We should sleep or at least shower,” Joonmyeon yawns.

“Let’s just sleep,” His arms snakes around her bare waist.

“We could run away.” The man whispers.

“Are you high again?”

“I’m never high!” He retorts.

“Mhmm,” Joonmyeon drifts off to sleep.

 

“I had a great time, Sehun.” Luhan smiles cheekily.

“Glad you had a great time.” Sehun smiles at her.

Luhan bites her lips slightly as her hand grabs the handle.

“Um, Luhan...” Sehun says.

“Yeah,” She turned too fast and gives off a deer in the head lights look.

He smiles, “Do you want to do this again?” Sehun says slowly.

“I mean it’s okay if you don’t want to,” Sehun adds quickly.

Luhan giggles; “I’d love too,” Sehun smiles a little bit too wide and Luhan says the parting words before getting off.

 

“Got you Luhan,” Camera in hand and a photo worth a lot. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes people I'm still alive and distracted with my one shots (please check them out) to the point I forgot about this story hehe sorry~ Anyway hope you guys like it and please, please, please comment down below on how you think this fic is!! I need feed backs T.T Because I think it .