Chapter 18

Douce-Amère

Their relationship progress deeper as time goes by and now that all the snow is melted and flowers are starting to bud and bloom, Luhan doesn’t find is foreign if she wakes up every now and then in Sehun’s arms. She knows she’s falling deeper and she’s falling fast, a part of her says no while the other says yes because when he whispers in her ears, “I love you”, after he shower her with so much love and shows her how much he loves her in the most intimate way and the way he holds her all she could do is surrender to this feeling in her and whisper back, “I love you too,” not because she is obliged to but because she means it. She means it with every particle of her body.

And Luhan is scared that she might not leave, and if she did, she’d break this amazing boy’s heart so badly. She’ll hurt herself too but she failed to realise that before it was too late.

 

“Lu, I got you something.” Sehun yawns; his hand rubs his stomach under his shirt while the other hand is in his hair, fingers scratching his scalp.

“What did you get now; I told you I don’t need anything. Don’t get stuffs for me.” Luhan shakes her head.

“I don’t buy you a lot of things, come on, you’ll love this one. It’ll be our special something.” Sehun pulls her into a hug.

Luhan bites her lips and wraps her arms around his neck, “Fine, just show me already.” She whispers.

“Now where did I put it last night,” Sehun lets her go and looks around.

Luhan laughs and hits his arm softly, “Go look for it, I’m going to make breakfast, do you want anything specific?”

Sehun turns to her, “Coffee?”

“Alright,” Luhan gives him a sweet smile that disappears as soon as she turns away from him.

She goes to her kitchen and takes some toast, putting them in the toaster with a soft sigh. Everything is just becoming so hard to do as they day pass.  Sehun has been around her house for a few days now; she hasn’t been able to pick up her phone when her manager calls but she knows why her manager called. There’s no time left for them. She just needed to know when her flight is on, hence her manager calls.

She puts the kettle on the stove and then takes some eggs, cracking them and making them sunny side up.  Once the break pops out and the eggs are cooked, she takes two plates, one egg on each plate. She slices the bread into triangles and put them on the plate. She gets her mug and his mug, Sehun’s own mug. She stops what she’s doing; Sehun has his own mug in her house. Some might think that it’s nothing but to her, it’s a sign that he’s been in her life. For quite some time and clearly managed to penetrate her barriers.

Luhan is known to be a little cold to her lovers, all her ex’s says so. That she’s so cold, she gets cold when she knows that she’s bored of them and then just throws them away. It was hurtful to hear that but who was she kidding, she does that. She can’t deny the truth that she does that. Maybe karma came to bite her back, in your face Luhan, she smirks.

She pushed those thoughts away, “Hun, can you help me?” She didn’t need to wait for long before the male comes.

“Take this to the table please,” She hands him the two plates.

“You cook fast,” He smile and takes the plates.

“It’s just something simple anyway. Did you find what you were looking for?” She asks as she pours hot water in two mugs.

One is coffee and the other one is tea. That is one of the differences that they have, Sehun loves his caffeine while Luhan prefers tea.

“Yea, I found it. I’ll show you after breakfast. Do you need any more help?” Sehun’s arms snake around her waist.

“You can go sit down, I’m just going to cut up some fruits and then I’m done.”  Luhan looks up at him while Sehun bumps their nose together.

“Alright, I’ll take the drinks,” Sehun leans in and gives her a peck on the lips.

And there, Luhan finds herself dazed after his lips left hers. She watches his back walk away, away from her. There was a painful feeling in her chest, and Luhan bites her lips tightly and painfully to numb that feeling in her chest.  Her grip on the knife tightens; Luhan, keep yourself together Luhan she tells herself. Don’t fall any further. You’ll only bring more trouble and hurt the boy even more. But Luhan can’t fall anymore because she’s already so in love with Sehun.

 

“What’s this for?” Luhan smiles when Sehun shows a necklace.

“Yin and Yang, it is a couple necklaces you see,” Sehun covers his face in embarrassment for a second.

Sehun huffs out a breath, trying to not blush but he’s already blushing slightly and Luhan finds it cute, “You’ll have the Yin and I’ll hold the Yang.”

Luhan takes her with a soft smile on her face, “I like it, thank you Sehun. You really didn’t have to.” Her finger runs across the smooth surface of the pendant.

“I wanted to,” Sehun tucks her hair behind her ear and caress her cheeks softly.

Little by little the smile gets bigger and the space between them was closed when she leans in to give him a kiss. A kiss that she intended to be a peck which then she decides to kiss him longer. When she pulls away, it was his turn to be the one that leans in but this time he holds her close and Luhan as usual gives in and her hands rests on his shoulder. The necklace in her hand dangles but doesn’t fall even when her back meets the soft couch, Sehun’s hands holds her face softly as they kiss. Sehun thinks he doesn’t want to ever lose her to anything in the world and will do anything to keep her with him.

 

Kyungsoo averts her eyes and fidget in her seat. Jongin tried to start a conversation but he doesn’t know what to say to the girl that’s sitting in front of him. He can’t seem to look her in the eyes, he’s afraid of the look on her face and he doesn’t want to see the hurt on her face. He broke her heart did he, but he wants to make it up to her. He wants he back but he knows he has to earn her back, it might take months, but he didn’t care. Sometimes people need a little push to do things they want to but are too scared to do and right now, both of them are facing the things their scared of.

“Kyungsoo I’m sorry.” Jongin starts off after mustering all the courage he had in him. His hands clasps together on his lap.

Kyungsoo just looks out the window of the cafe, “Do you really think saying sorry is going to make me want to try again? No Jongin.” 

“I’m not asking you to come back to me right away, I know I hurt you. I should have told you about Soojung.” Jongin sighs.

Kyungsoo’s fingers dance upon the rim of her cup, “You should’ve. I would have thought it through before getting involved with you.”

“Whatever that was going on with me and Soojung is over now. So you don’t have to worry about her.” Jongin looks at her with a subtle frown on his forehead.

“I know. She came to see me.” Kyungsoo breaks eye contact with him.

“So, I plan to win you back.” Now the look on his face changes from being sad to determine.

Jongin slowly gives her a smile, “I have to earn you back because I hurt you. So will you give me a chance to make it all up to you?”

Kim Jongin. He is a cause of a pain in her heart, a beautiful one she reckons. She still remembers the deep set eyes of his, his nose, how the bump against hers sometimes when they’re too close to each other. His sun kissed skin; she would kill anyone that tries to white wash the male. Even if people say that he’s dark, he’s still beautiful.  His lips, she stops thinking of him and looks at him that’s still waiting for her answer.

She pathetic, “Let’s go, you’re got a long way to go if you want to make it up to me.” She gets up and hides her face from him.

She walks out first so that she gets a few seconds to wipe away the water that well in her eyes; she’s not letting him back easily. But Kyungsoo can’t lie to herself anymore, she’ll let him back in someday. Jongin doesn’t try to hold her hand or anything, but when they walk down the streets where they were silent, their hand brush against each other softly and subtly.

 

“Bye, I’ll see you tomorrow.” Sehun says.

Luhan nods and waves at him and he leaves her apartment with his hat low. Once the door close, she quickly checks her phone. She sees the message her manager sent her and she wishes she hugged Sehun a little bit longer.

No one knows about this but Joonmyeon, the last time she could talk to the latter face to face was the time they gathered at her house. After Baekhyun left and after Tao left that night while Yixing was not there, the two of them were seated outside with their drinks and a blanket each.

“I’m leaving in the spring,” Luhan told Joonmyeon.

“Why are you leaving so soon?” Joonmyeon sighed.

Luhan remembered that she just leaned against Joonmyeon, whispering that she doesn’t want to leave. That she found it fun to be here and be with all of them. Yixing came to find them outside minutes later, so they couldn’t talk further than that. But Luhan told Joonmyeon to not tell a single soul about her leaving. And that she’ll tell Sehun herself.

Luhan gets tired off her glamorous life, holidays were a luxury. Although she could get anything she wants and she could get any guy she ever fancied, they never stay. Luhan never hated her carrier more than ever. But the thought of Sehun not being able to stay with her, hurts, they never stay. They never will, so she takes it upon herself to walk out first, so she doesn’t hurt.

 

“Are you sure you want to do this? A lot of people are at Han river when it’s the weekends.” Sehun checks his girlfriend out as they were just about to get moving.

“I’m very sure Sehun,” Luhan fixes her ponytail and decides to retie it.

Sehun nods and looks away from her slowly, “Don’t think I didn’t notice you staring.” Sehun just smiles sheepishly.

“Don’t blame me, you look good today.” Sehun says.

“I look good every day,” Luhan sticks her tongue out.

“Of course you do,”

 

The couple reaches the park soon, the park is indeed filled with people with their family or like them, and couples were on a date of their own. Sehun and Luhan didn’t bother to cover up instead they just dress up like how they would and rock their awesome sunglasses and walk around the park holding hands and not giving a care if people see them.

“Do you want to rent a bicycle? Or should we just walk around first, there’s also a duck boat here.” Sehun asks.

“You sure know a lot, how many girls did you take here?” Luhan laughs when Sehun stops walking and gives her the serious look.

“You’re the first one, I swear!” Sehun tugs on her hand, pulling her towards him.

“Really, how can I know you’re not telling a lie?” Luhan scrunches her face.

Sehun shifts his weight on one leg, “You don’t trust me?”

Luhan giggles and pulls him so they start walking again, “Just messing with you,”

“You’re going to get ed over if you keep messing with me Luhan. I’m serious.” Sehun whispers in her ears as he holds her waist tight before he lets her go again.

Luhan laughs at him, “Who knows I’d be gone tomorrow and you’ll never know. Then you can bring the second girl here.” She winks.

Sehun puffs his cheeks, “You’re really asking for it.”

Luhan lets his hand go and she runs ahead just a little bit to make him come after her which he did. Sehun isn’t stupid enough to leave her alone when she’s looking like that with her bustier top and high waisted jeans and one of his dress shirts on her. They rent two bicycles after and cycled around the park, even racing each other at some point and then they had a rest on one of the bench while munching on their lunch before they decided to go on the duck boat which Sehun ended up cycling alone since Luhan was exhausted from all the cycling from earlier.

Sehun sends her home after the simple dinner at the diner. But it that he had to cover his face with a hat and she let her hair down and cover it with that. She invited him in but he said he better not and she doesn’t argues, she asks for a hug and he give her one of course.

"See you tomorrow for breakfast?" Sehun asks.

"See you, meet me at the park alright, text me when you get home. But if I don’t reply I might be asleep." Luhan smile at him before closing the door and blows flying kisses to Sehun.

Once she closes the door, her smile drops and she sighs. She leans on the door and slowly slides down to the floor. It doesn’t feel right, she shouldn’t be doing this. But she gets up and goes to her bedroom. She opens her bedroom door and stares at the bags at the side of her walls, ready and packed.

 

 

“Xing,” Yixing looks at Joonmyeon who’s coming to join him on the couch after changing her clothes, she just got back from work.

“Are you free next week?” She asks cautiously whilst running her fingers through the hair on the side of his head with a smile.

“I think so, why?” Yixing looks at her in the eyes.

Joonmyeon bite her lips trying to contain her happiness but Yixing can tell that something great is happening, “What are you going to tell me now? You’re face can’t get anymore brighter.”

“Well, but first you can say no if you’re uncomfortable with it but I hope you can come...” Joonmyeon says, her fingers pulling out of the hair.

“The suspense is killing me,” Yixing says jokingly and gets a soft whack on his arm.

“Come on, tell me already. Tell me what’s making my baby smile so bright!” Joonmyeon nods.

“Okay, okay. Dad has this big dinner coming up with his company or something. So all his rivals and whatnots are going to be there, naturally I’ll be going but,” She pauses.

“You’re not going tell that he,” He was stopped by her.

“He wants you to come too. He said you must come!” She squeals.

“I can’t, come on; I might just be embarrassing him and you.” Yixing declines.

“No, you’re not. Come please, dad likes you this much to be inviting you to one of his events.” Joonmyeon pouts.

“You think so?”

“I know so! Trust me I’m his only daughter.” Joonmyeon puts her palms together.

“Alright then, I’ll go!” In an instant she is jumping up and down like a little kid on sugar rush before she runs off to give her dad a call.

 

 The next morning Yixing wakes up alone and then sees a note saying she’s off to the airport. He frowns, the airport?

 

Sehun arrives at the park where he and Luhan are supposed to meet up at, today he’s just put is casual wear, maybe after the breakfast he’ll be going to the cafe’. Sehun waits with a bouquet of flowers, he knows her love for flowers, proof of that is her apartment, and it always smells nice with flowers. He knows that Luhan might be taking a cab; he waits patiently for her but an hour later he decides to call her, only to hear her voicemail. He gets this uneasy feeling in his heart when he hears her voicemail so he dials Joonmyeon.

"Yes Sehun?" Joonmyeon picks up the phone.

“Sorry to be calling you up this early, but do you know where Luhan is?” Sehun asks.

“W-What did you say?” Joonmyeon stutters almost dropping her house keys on the floor.

"Luhan isn't picking up her phone, she's supposed to meet me an hour ago. And I can’t get hold of her. I was wondering if you knew where she is." Joonmyeon jaws drop she didn't tell him.

"Sehun," Joonmyeon sighs.

"Yes," Sehun raises an eyebrow, Joonmyeon sounds out of breath or like she’s shivering.

"She-"

"She left for china hours ago."Sehun became speechless.

"That can't be."His voice is strained.

"She did left. I watched her walk to the gates. S-She told me she’d tell you." Joonmyeon buries her face in her face.

“Thank you, noona.” Sehun hangs up and walks back to his car, he drives to straight to his shop.

 

Once she stepped into the shop, the whole shop can feel him. They weren’t expecting him this early, maybe a little later but not now. He knows it’s because he has this dark cloud over his head and a blank icy face.

"What are you doing here?" Sehun ignores the questions from his staff and looks from the customers.

He walks to the kitchen and with the bouquet he had bought for Luhan, he stands in front of the dustbin, he opens it and throws the bouquet in. Hurt doesn't even cover what's he's feeling. Jongin sees the blank stare that's starting to engulf Sehun's eyes, a facade.

"Sehun," Again, he ignores Jongin and walks up to his office and shuts the door.

“I’ll be right back,” Jongin puts down the piping bag and goes up to Sehun’s office.

Jongin doesn’t bother to knock and just burst into the man’s office, he froze when he sees Sehun. He closes the door and sighs. Jongin doesn’t know what exactly he should say to his friend. Instead he walks to his friend who’s sitting on his desk with a hand covering his eyes and biting his lips tightly. Jongin stands in front of Sehun and gives his shoulder a little squeeze. Sehun removes his hand and puts his face on Jongin’s shoulder.

“I don’t know what the hell happened but I’m here alright.” Jongin whispers.

“Why didn’t she tell me she was leaving?” 


Was the ending to rushed? Meh probably. Don't kill me? Meh you'll probably will. As usual comment down below on how you think this chapter is because comments are loved~ Subcribe if you want to :D ~ See ya guys in the upcoming chapter~ Not much left I think. I THINK. D: