Chapter 19

Douce-Amère

A week passes quietly, no one really asked Sehun what was wrong, and Jongin knew his best friend isn’t ready to speak about the girl. Joonmyeon doesn’t bring the topic of Luhan when she came to visit. Sehun didn’t act cold, just back to how he was before Luhan came into his life.

Joonmyeon hasn’t been able to contact the girl ever since.

 

“Is there a reason why you’re so keen on me coming to this dinner besides of your father?” Yixing says as he is buttoning up his shirt and pulls Joonmyeon away from her thoughts.

They are sharing a room in the hotel that the event is happening tonight. It starts in half an hour and they are in the process of getting ready to go down although some of the guest might already be arriving at the event. They didn’t have to rush since her dad isn’t coming this early, they’ll still be earlier than her father.

“I mainly wanted you to come because of dad but then I found out from Himchan that my almost fiancé is coming, so that’s why I made sure you’re looking extra good looking tonight, just to shove it in his face for half rejecting me.” Joonmyeon walks out of the bathroom and turns her back facing Yixing.

He zips up the dress to the top, “Almost fiancé? How many guys did you have before me?” Yixing says.

“Ugh, this guy was another suitor. I begged dad not to sell me off to a client’s family.” Joonmyeon takes Yixing’s tie.

“Sell you off?” Yixing chortles.

“Using the right words,” Joonmyeon shrugs.

“Do I look alright? I don’t really wear suits, don’t know if I like it or not.” Yixing looks in the mirror.

Joonmyeon rolls her eyes, “You look hot,”

Yixing pulls them both closer and her body is pressed against him, “You look beautiful as ever baby.” Joonmyeon starts to tie his tie.

“This suit looks really good on you,”

Yixing is wearing a dark blue suit and a black dress shirt along with a black tie, his hair looks nice from the undercut he got the other day and the longer strands on top of his head pushed back to make it look more formal. Joonmyeon is dressed in a light blue gray off the shoulder dress, her brunette hair pulled up into a neat bun, she looks great but Yixing knows what would make it look better.

“The dress looks nice on you but you know I’d like it better off of you, but my point is, let your hair down.” Yixing holds her shoulders.

“Should I?” Joonmyeon tightens his tie.

“Yes,” Yixing pecks her cheeks as a thank you.

Minutes later they are down and a lot of the guests are arriving, Joonmyeon is currently alone while Yixing is fetching her father. Hopefully Yixing can find him; he shouldn’t have a problem finding her because of her dress colour, and it pops out from the black, white and blue dresses worn by majority of the women who came. Her hair is now down although a part in tied and a hair comb rests at the back of her head.

 

“Look who is here, long time no see, Joonmyeon.”  Joonmyeon turns and is met with her almost fiancé with another girl, not that it mattered to her.

“Hello, Changmin. It’s good to see you again.” Joonmyeon answers with a smile.

“Are you alone?” Changmin asks.

“Oh, I’m just waiting for my father.” Joonmyeon gives a smile to the girl next to Changmin.

“Where are my manners? This is Victoria,” The said women hold out her hand and Joonmyeon politely takes it.

“Kim Joonmyeon,”

“It’s nice to meet you,” Victoria says.

“The pleasure is all mine,” Joonmyeon says.

Changmin’s expression changes into a serious expression, Joonmyeon let’s go of Victoria’s hand and turns around. She’s welcomed with the sight of her father accompanied by her brother and the love of her life. Changmin and Victoria bows to the man while she bows slightly and goes to him for a hug.

“You look beautiful darling.” Her father says as she pulls away from him.

“Thank you, you look handsome as usual. Where’s mom?” Joonmyeon smoothens out the wrinkles on his coat.

“She saw a friend and she told us to go first.” Her father says.

“It’s nice to see you again, Sir.” Changmin speaks up.

“Changmin,” Her dad clears his throat.

“Dad, I’m going to go look for mom.” Joonmyeon holds her dress.

“Alright, Yixing, can you go with her, son?” Her dad smiles at him warmly.

Yixing although stunned at him calling him son but he accepts it, “Of course, can’t let go alone. Not when she looks this stunning.” Joonmyeon looks at him with eyes telling him to quit it.

She takes his hand and pulls him with her, a blush prominent on her cheeks. Changmin looks at her as she’s walking with the guy who is a stranger to him, their hands clasps together and the smile on the guys face proves that they are in love.

“Let’s go inside, father.” Joonmyeon’s brother places a hand on his father’s lower back.

“Or would you want to use up your time talking to this person?” Changmin clench his jaw.

The elder Kim clears his throat and looks at his only son, “Let’s go.”

The two male walks past Changmin leaving him flustered. Victoria sighs and holds Changmin’s hand and suggests that they go inside quickly.

 

“Mom,” Joonmyeon calls her mother.

“Honey, you look great. Yixing, you look handsome tonight.” Her mother smiles at the couple.

“Hello, madam. You look beautiful.” Yixing hugs the woman.

“Why are you calling me Madam?” Joonmyeon giggles looking at her mother and Yixing joking around.

“Let’s go mother, father is waiting for you. Babe,” Yixing holds out his hand to Joonmyeon.

Yixing escorts the two females into the hall and joins the party. Joonmyeon sticks with Yixing knowing that her boyfriend is nervous being surrounded by very, well for her, snobby peoples. People might approach her; she knows she’s going to get questions about who is this fine young man.

 

Baekhyun is alone in her room; she refuses to leave her room after being forced to stay at her parents’ house. She caresses her stomach, the bump isn’t visible yet but she likes to caress it. It’s her baby in there. But things in the house aren’t that peaceful, she and Baekbeom aren’t talking to each other, they don’t even see each other much. Baekhyun knows it’s bad but she hasn’t been eating much but she takes her vitamins. Her morning sickness is bad. She can’t sleep some night, and the worse thing of all is that Chanyeol isn’t here when she need him the most.

It’s not Chanyeol doesn’t want to, he can’t. She hasn’t seen him since the night he brought her home and told her parents. His parent should know by now. She can’t even call him; her phone has been taken away from her. Very childish isn’t it. Her mother sends her to work; she’s thoroughly tied down by her family.

 

Her bedroom door opens when she was busy lying down on her bed, just lying down as she feels really tired. Baekbeom comes in with a tray of food. Baekhyun turns her back towards him.

"Baek, come on you have to eat," Baekbeom sits by her bed.

"I don't want to." Baekhyun mumbles.

Baekbeom sighs and places the tray on her bed side table; he grabs her shoulder and makes her sit up, carefully of course.

"Baek, you're pregnant." Baekbeom hold her hand, trying to plead her to eat.

“Aren’t you supposed to be angry at me?” Baekhyun pulls her hand out.

"Should I call Chanyeol?" Baekbeom runs his fingers through her hair.

"He's in Paris." Baekhyun push his hand away.

"He just left what a bastard." Baekbeom snarls.

"I told him to go." Baekhyun sighs.

Baekhyun looks at her brother, “Can you stop thinking that Chanyeol is so bad? He’s a good person; he’s the father of my child.”

“I know he isn’t here right now, and you hate it, he should be here. But even if he was here, you wouldn’t let him be here for me. You wouldn’t let him be with me.” Baekhyun’s throat turns sour.

“Baek,”

“I’m not finished,” Baekhyun grits her teeth.

“He has been trying so hard during that period where you keep beating him up, he was trying to make you like him or at least accept him. But you didn’t care; you didn’t even give him a chance. And you know what; I nearly lost someone I really love.” Baekhyun’s tears fall one by one.

“Now, I don’t want to lose anything anymore.” Baekbeom hugs his little sister.

After all, she is his baby sister although she’s all grown up and she having a baby on the way. Baekbeom knows he meddled too much, he knows he went overboard with Chanyeol. He shouldn’t have to all those things he did to Chanyeol.

“I’m sorry; I know I was in the wrong. I’ll admit that.” Baekbeom says.

“Can you let me love him now?” Baekhyun sniffles.

“If that is what you want, but I won’t hesitated even for a second if he does anything to hurt you.” Baekbeom holds his sister tight and secure.

Things were okay then, they made up because that’s what brothers and sisters do. They fight and then they make up at some point.  Baekbeom is his usual great brother self and Baekhyun, well Baekhyun is pregnant; she’s been puking a lot and missed work for a few days.

“Hey, kid. How are you today?” Baekbeom comes into her room.

Baekhyun looks at her brother; she has no energy to get up at all since she lost most of it by puking out everything that’s in her stomach, “I just stopped puking about an hour ago,”

“Do you want to eat something?” Baekbeom pushed her hair back.

“Not really, I’ll eat soon.” Baekhyun says tiredly.

“Alright, I’ll go wash up.” Baekbeom stands up.

“No wonder I smell something stinky, it’s you.” Baekhyun sticks her tongue out.

Before Baekbeom could answer back, their mother comes in, “Good you two are here, and it’ll be easy for me to say this.”

“What is it mom?” Baekhyun grabs onto Baekbeoms arm to sit up.

“Your dad and I have been talking, it’s about Chanyeol.” Her mother sits at the end of her bed.

“What about him?” Baekbeom asks.

“Go to Paris but you have rest well before we agree to send you to Paris for a while. Hopefully you would be okay tomorrow, since we already bought the tickets.” Her mother says.

“Why are letting me meet him?” Baekhyun asks.

“Tell him we want you two to get married; you’re already carrying his child. What’s holding you two back?” Baekhyun attacks her mother with a hug.

“Thank you, I’ll eat now. I’ll take the vitamins diligently. Let me go tomorrow please!” Baekhyun pleads.

“Calm down pup!” Baekbeom says and leaves her room.

 

 The dinner is going very well; Joonmyeon is bored to be honest. But she can’t do anything about it; Yixing on the other hand is finally relaxing a little bit and having conversation with her father at times. This boy is worth keeping. Yixing glance at her when she suddenly reaches for his hand under the table.

Joonmyeon can see her friends in here, just a few of them that she knew from school. She can’t wait for this speech to finish, honestly she finished school ages ago but why does she have to hear a speech like a principal’s speech again. Thankfully it ends, Joonmyeon can see some of the guest starting to mingle around and she knows this table is going to be full of people soon.

“Mom, I’m going to greet Irene.” She whispers to her mother.

“Alright,”

She lets his hand go, he watch her go. He is still in a conversation with her father so he can’t really follow her. Joonmyeon walks pass a few tables, of course attracting eyes since she is the only daughter of the Kim house hold, the only chance for someone to come into the family by marrying her but too bad. A man named Zhang Yixing appeared.

“Joon,” Irene says, surprised to see her.

“Hey,” Joonmyeon hugs her.

“Long time no see, Madam, Sir.” Joonmyeon greets Irene’s parents.

“You’ve gotten more beautiful,” Irene’s mother says.

“Thank you,” Joonmyeon smiles bashfully.

“Come here darling, join us.” Her mother says.

“How have you been, Madam?” Joonmyeon sits beside Irene.

“I’ve been fine; it’s just hard to look over my husband. He has been so busy!” Irene’s mother says once her husband left.

“That’s common; they are just so busy aren’t they.” Joonmyeon sighs.

“You’re this pretty and successful, when are you getting married?” Joonmyeon blushes.

“Mom,” Irene shakes her head.

“I don’t know yet, I’ve been busy with work. So I haven’t been thinking about things like marriage.” Joonmyeon answers.

A scoffs comes from a side of the table, Joonmyeon looks up and it’s Changmin. Changmin with a scowl on his face and he looks really angry. He sits beside Irene, crossing his legs and glares at Joonmyeon.

“Wouldn’t it be easy for you if would have just married me?” Changmin sips his drink.

“Get lost jerk.” Irene rolls her eyes.

“Changmin, I see you still have your eyes on our beautiful miss Kim.” Irene’s mother says.

Irene’s mother doesn’t like Changmin, for whatever reason but Joonmyeon’s glad that she’s here, but the feeling of safety is gone when a woman that’s a friend of Irene’s mother comes and the two goes away to talk privately.

“Now that she’s gone, we can really talk.” Changmin says.

“What do you want? You have Victoria.” Joonmyeon glares at him.

“Why didn’t you accept me? Do you really think I like that Victoria girl? No, it’s just another arranged marriage.” Changmin says.

Changmin uncross his legs and put his glass down on the table, “If you declined me, it’d expect you to have a ring on your hand by now. But there’s none.”

“Then I guess I better put a ring on it. But it doesn’t matter if I put it on right now or not, she’s still with me.” Yixing comes.

“Who are you?” Changmin frowns at Yixing.

“Her boyfriend,” Yixing shrugs.

“You’re just a boy friend. Don’t get cocky, she might just leave you.”

“She won’t, her father loves me, and of course she loves me as much as I love her. So I know she won’t leave me. She’s mine after all.” Yixing says with a smile that people may see as a sweet smile but in Changmin’s eyes is mocking him.

“Come on Joon, your brother asked me to get you.” Yixing holds out his hand.

“I’ll see you guys soon.” Joonmyeon gets up and walks away with Yixing.

“Jerk ,” Irene says to Changmin.

 

Yixing is at the centre of attention of the dinner, the young man that could laugh along with the usually stoic Kim, and the young man that’s dancing with the only daughter of the family. Everyone is wondering who is young man who managed to charm the Kim family and mostly, manage to capture the heart of the only daughter.

“People are staring,” Yixing whispers as they were dancing.

“Of course, you’re dancing with me.” Joonmyeon giggles.

“I must be special then,” Yixing says.

“You are.”

 

Jongin stumbles back home after work, his whole body is sore from the work. He reaches his apartment and rides the elevator up. When he gets off of the elevator he can hear a drunken singing but it’s not that loud. He walks to his door and sees Sehun, sitting on the floor with a bottle in his hand. The kid is drunk and he’s singing some gibberish words. Jongin sighs, this kid didn’t show up at the store all day and here he is, drunk. Jongin sighs and crouches down beside the boy.

“Jongin,” Sehun giggles.

“How much did you drink?” Jongin push Sehun’s head softly.

“Just a little bit, are you mad Jongin?” Sehun says with his drunken cuteness.

Jongin takes the bottle in Sehun’s hand and drinks some of it, “Come on you mess, let’s get your inside.”

Jongin pulls Sehun up to his feet; Sehun of course in his drunken state can’t even stand properly so Jongin puts the boy’s weight on his body as he tries to open his door. And once he managed to open the door, the both of them stumble in the house. Jongin is annoyed a little bit at the fact that he needs to take Sehun’s coat off since the boy is that drunk.

Sehun falls on the couch; Jongin throws himself next to Sehun, “Why did you drink so much?”

“What else should I do? I have nothing to do.” Sehun says.

“Work, do your work. Make yourself busy. Don’t just drink even though it may be the perfect thing to do when you’re like this but it isn't.” Jongin nags.

“How long does it take? I want to be fine again. This never bothered me before, why now? Why Jongin?” Sehun is tearing up.

Jongin knows Sehun has alcohol in his blood right now but, those aren’t drunken talk.

“It takes time bro, to heal and to forget.” Sehun fists his shirt.

“But how long do I have to feel this way?” Jongin sighs.

“As long as you need,”

Sehun sighs, he slips down onto the floor and throws his head back, his eyes still moist but he doesn’t cry.

“How are things between you and the girl?” He changes the topic.

Jongin groans, “Hard, I’m trying to win her back but who knows if she would take me back. I did lie to her.”

Sehun turns facing Jongin, “The girl, is she really worth all the effort you are giving?”

“It’s Kyungsoo, her name is Kyungsoo. And yes, she is worth it.”

Sehun ponders for a while before he looks at Jongin again, “How do you know if she is worth it?”

Jongin stares at Sehun, “You just know.”

“But what if she leaves?” Sehun never sounded so heartbroken before, it shocks Jongin.

“Then you make the choice, go after her or let her go. Of course, it depends on the situation.” Jongin says.

 

Two days after her mother told her that she’ll be going to Paris; Baekhyun is finally on the plane. Her morning sickness is not that bad so she got on the plane. She can’t be there for a long time of course, just for a couple days. Just to see Chanyeol again but Chanyeol doesn’t know that she’s coming.

Upon her arrival, her steps feel lighter and her body feels fine. She looks down at her stomach and places a hand on her stomach, whispering to her baby to be good and only that way they could go see daddy. She picks up her bag and heads out of the airport and gets a cab to Chanyeol’s apartment, the old place they stayed at.  The sky is already dark, but it’s not that late. Somewhere along the ride to the place, Baekhyun feels light headed but she push the thought away.

 

Chanyeol is just relaxing at home after work; the TV has nothing fun on. So he is planning to sleep early, he gets up and turns off the TV. Just when he was about to go inside his room, his door bell rings. He frowns wondering who could it be at this hour. He opens the door and his jaws drop. Baekhyun who is quite pale is at his doorstep.

“Hey, Yeol," She says weakly.

Before he could say anything she collapses in his arms.

“Oh my god, Baek,” Chanyeol lifts her up bridal style.

He quickly places her things in his house while calling the ambulance.

 

Thankfully it isn’t anything serious, the doctor says that she fainted from the lack of food but warns that it’s not good if she keeps doing this. Chanyeol says that he’ll make sure she eats.

“You have to take care of her diet or risk losing one of them." The doctor reminds him again.

Chanyeol walks into her room, she can be brought home tomorrow, he looks at her sleeping and a tube of inserted into her hand to help with the dehydration.

“You scared me.” Chanyeol sits beside her bed.

He places a hand on her lower abdomen, “Your mom is crazy. I’m sorry baby.”


Had writer's block for this chapter  TnT So it turned crappy and short~ Sorry guys TnT Hope you guys enjoyed it and comments are loved~ Subscribe if you want to cause my story is ty. I didn't expect 60 subs honestly (Thank you to those 60 people and those silent readers xD if I even have those) Aite~ See you guys