Chapter 12

Douce-Amère

Baekhyun spent the whole day in bed feeling lifeless, staring out the window with tears. It happened a while back when they were still students in Paris. They knew about each other’s feeling since then only back then they tried until that one day when Baekhyun started to have symptoms that were very similar to pregnancy.

She- They were very convinced that she was pregnant, they freaked out at first but then, the happiness settle in but it didn't last long when Baekbeom heard about it. Chanyeol got beat up and it turned out she wasn't but Baekbeom still didn't let it go.

Baekhyun sobs remembering the cuts and bruises that covered Chanyeol's body after Baekbeom beaten him up on some nights, Chanyeol would walk into their shared apartment at that time with a busted lip and his cheeks were red that would become a sickening blue by the morning.

She never wants to see that happen again.

 

“She won’t listen to me,” Yifan runs his finger through his hair.

“Did you tell her why he was going to visit you?” Jongdae asks.

“Of course not, I want it to be a surprise. And frankly, I can’t quite say it too. It’s giving me all this funny feeling inside of me, unpleasant feeling. Every time I see her, it comes.” Yifan says.

Jongdae laughs at him, joyously if he might add.

“Do you think this would be that easy?” Jongdae says while still smiling like an idiot at him.

“Of course not but I don’t know Jongdae, she’s too upset with this. She won’t even look at me, let alone talk to me.” Yifan closes his eyes.

“Hey, if it would make you feel better, I broke up with Minseok for a month before I did it.” Jongdae pats his shoulder.

Yifan leans back on the chair; he groans and fumbles his limbs around like a kid.

“Maybe I’m rushing this?” He starts to feel uneasy.

“Hold it together bro, just let her simmer down. Don’t bring it up again, I know Tao. She won’t let something like this get the better of your relationship. She loves you at lot.” Jongdae reassures Yifan.

“It has never been easy for us; I’m scared she would just call it quits.”

“She won’t, trust me.”

“If she did, she wouldn’t be the girl we all know. You unravel her so easily; don’t you think you’re special?”

“Thanks man,” Finally Yifan could smile a little.

“It’s nothing; I’m just returning the favour.” Jongdae shrugs.

“You still remember that drunken talk we had?” Yifan smirks.

“Hell yeah,”

“So, did you find it yet?”

 

“I’m back, babe, are you home?” Yifan says when he enters the house.

“Yeah, I’m here!” He hears Tao says.

“I got you something,” His words fall short when he sees a crying brunette in her arms.

Tao gives him an apologetic look to when he mouths that it’s okay and he’ll be back. Yifan walks to their bathroom and takes a shower, being extra careful to place his things where they belonged.

“I’m sorry,” Baekhyun wipe her tears.

“It’s okay,” Tao says.

“I should leave, I’m just disturbing you two.” Baekhyun sighs.

“It’s okay, I was alone anyway,” Tao mutters.

“Got into a fight?” Tao nods.

“Lucky you, I can’t even have fights with him now.” Baekhyun smiles bitterly.

“Why,” Tao hesitates.

“Why don’t you just ignore your brother? If being with Chanyeol makes you happy, why aren’t you with him? Obviously the guy is in love with you, so why don’t you take the chance? After all that you told me just now, you two deserve to be together. Who cares about your brother, it’s your life but it’s probably good to see if your parents like him or not.” Tao rambles.

Baekhyun manages a small smile, “My mom loves him, but my dad, I don’t know.”

“Mommy is on your side, good enough. Chanyeol is a good guy. You shouldn’t worry and just get the guy before he slips out of your hand, alright?” Tao holds Baekhyun’s shoulders.

“Alright,” Baekhyun nods.

“Now, should I introduce you to my boy?” Her eyes lit up.

“Yeah, go ahead and rub it in me.” Baekhyun wipes her nose.

Although she knows she doesn’t look a tad bit presentable but whatever. Tao gets up from the couch and goes to the bedroom, Baekhyun assumes. A minute later, Tao is pulling a man by his hand, clearly he just got out of the shower with the tell tale towel in his head.

“Hello, I’m sorry for hogging your girlfriend for the afternoon.”  Baekhyun says.

“It’s okay, I have her for the rest of the night and tomorrow and the day after,” He shrugs.

“Byun Baekhyun,” She offers a smile.

“Wu Yifan,” He smiles back.

“How did you and Tao meet? I wonder about that a lot, because she scares the out of guys.” Baekhyun says.

Yifan looks at Tao that’s practically stuck by his side, “It’s a long story, and my panda doesn’t scare me.”

“Okay, I think I should go before I feel bad for myself for being such a coward.” Baekhyun gets up.

“You’re leaving already?” Tao pouts.

“I’ll see you soon, Tao. It was nice meeting you Yifan.” Baekhyun smiles at them politely.

“Remember what I told you earlier,” Tao hugs Baekhyun.

“Yeah, yeah, I got it.” Baekhyun mutters.

After Tao close the door, it all goes quiet, Yifan tries to come up with something to say but Tao just walks to him and just wrap her arms around his neck, holding him close while his hand rest on her hips and his lips place themselves at the side of her head.

 

The week goes by smoothly without any hitches down the road, phone calls were made, confession of love were exchanged, pecks and kisses and a lonely Yixing sits in the corner waiting for his lover to come home. But in that week, lies and fights happened.

And guilt comes knocking on Kim Jongin’s door.

“I don’t want to marry Soojung,” Jongin says.

“What do you mean by that?” His mother glares at him.

Soojung and her mother sit across of them, Soojung already sick of hearing it.

“Forget it, I’m leaving. Excuse me.” Jongin leaves the room and eventually the room.

“I’ll go talk to him.” Soojung gets up and follows Jongin.

 

“Luhan,” Sehun says chirpily.

“Yes, baby?” Luhan looks away from the flowers.

“Thank you for helping me with all this,” Sehun gives her a sweet smile.

“It’s nothing; I have nothing better to do, can’t go anywhere now that paparazzi know I’m here.” Luhan shrugs.

Sehun runs his fingers through her blonde hair, now starting to lose the colour slowly, “I wonder how you’d look with black hair.”

“Maybe you’ll get a chance to see it, I won’t bleach it back.” Luhan says.

“Yeah,”

“Yeah,” Luhan nods.

“We should get back to work,” Luhan whispers.

“I don’t want to,” Sehun pulls her closer by the waist.

“Sehun, we’re in your shop right now,” Luhan places her hand on his shoulders.

“We could drive back to my house right now,” Sehun whispers in her ears.

“Not just yet, you have to help me with the tables.” Luhan manage to break free from his grasps.

Sehun just chuckle looking at Luhan who stick her tongue out at him.

“Alright then, I was the one who asked you to help me anyway.” Sehun folds his sleeves up.

“We can just put these tables together and form one long table, place a really nice table cloth on it, candles and flowers.” Luhan says with her hands on her hips.

Half an hour later they were half done on revamping the cafe for a special Christmas dinner. Luhan sips some water from her water bottle before handing it to Sehun.

“Let’s go,” Luhan says.

“Go where?” Sehun raises his eyebrow.

“To get things, hello, we need a table cloth.” Luhan says.

“Oh,” Sehun grins.

Luhan shakes her head and flick Sehun’s forehead. Although she doesn’t want to admit it, she was only able to flick his forehead when he tilts his head down.

 

“Why don’t you just text them saying that you’re having a dinner on Christmas Eve?” Luhan asks when they are in the car on their way to the store.

“I just want to make it special and unexpected,” Sehun shrugs.

“Well, they invitation would be ready in a few days, just hand deliver it.” Luhan says.

“Yeah, hey Luhan...” Sehun says.

Luhan hums in reply and looks at him with a questioning look.

“Thanks for helping me,” His fingers drum against the steering wheel.

“I appreciate it.” Luhan’s lips form a wide smile.

“You don’t have to thank me, Sehun. It’s a pleasure to help you rather than not doing anything.” Luhan says.

Luhan’s cheeks produces colour when Sehun pecks her cheeks.

“So do you have any ideas for the table cloth in mind?” Luhan looks away.

“I’ll trust your taste. Don’t look away Luhan,” Sehun draws her back to face him.

“You should really focus on driving,” Luhan averts her eyes from looking into his deep eyes.

“Look at me properly when I talk to you.” Sehun says softly.

Luhan nods and look at Sehun.

“You better move before you get honked.”

 

“Hey,” Kyungsoo gives Jongin a smile but it falter when he sees Jongin with a deep frown.

“Thanks for seeing me, you must be busy.” Jongin tries to smile but couldn’t.

He should have done this earlier, he might just lose both girls by doing but if it means doing the right thing, and he’s going through with it.

“It’s okay,” Kyungsoo says.

“I have something to tell you, I should have been honest with you from the start.” Jongin sighs.

“What is it?” Kyungsoo says warily.

“I have a fiancée but I don’t love her. I love you. The problem is the wedding is coming, I don’t how to break it to my mom and her mom that I don’t want to marry her.”

“W-Wait, you’re only telling me this now?” Kyungsoo snorts in disbelief.

“I was going to tell you but how do I tell you that –“Jongin is cut off when Kyungsoo stands up.

“You have a fiancée, and you’re going to marry her. Why did you even try to hook up with me?” Kyungsoo sounds very angry and hurt.

“Am I that easy in your eyes?”

“N-No, look Kyungsoo, I like you. We were just set up for arranged marriage, I never loved her.” Jongin says.

“Please, listen to me.” Jongin pleads.

“No, you’re a liar.” Kyungsoo turns around to leave but it met with a blonde girl crying.

It doesn’t take a genius to know that she is his fiancée. She was already crying unlike Kyungsoo who’s trying so hard not to cry after all she was fond of Jongin.


Sorry for not updating for nearly a month. I was just procrastinating and writers block hit me hard in the head for this (unlike the recent one shots I posted) So anyway hope you guys like this update and I'm planning on updating again later and hopefully will after I'm half done with my school assignment. :D please comment below and click subscribe if you like this story!  Again, I'm so sorry for not updating for a month.