Chapter 3

Douce-Amère

Luhan landed in South Korea half an hour ago, standing at the baggage pick up waiting for her bags. Her big sunglass covers her face and her blonde hair tucked into a black beanie trying to conceal her identity. Hoping dear Joonie has arrived to pick her up.

She pulls her bag out and sees ‘Joonie’ waiting for her. She smiles and rushes to the women, they hugged and couldn’t contain their laughter.

“Come on; let’s go to the apartment right?” Joonie says.

“You know me so well Joonmyeon.” Luhan giggles.

“There’s a supermarket nearby so you can just walk there for groceries. But don’t forget to wear your disguises, you’re really famous here.” Joonmyeon pulls out her keys.

“You got a new car?” Luhan smirks at the sight of the new Bentley Continental GT Coupe/Convertible V8 S in white.

“Just adding some more to the collection,” Joonmyeon shrugs.

“Rich ,” Luhan scoffs.

“Speak for yourself sister.” Joonmyeon opens the trunk for Luhan to put her luggage in.

 

“I’m taking you somewhere tomorrow...” Joonmyeon says as she drives on the streets of Seoul.

“When should I get up?” Luhan looks out the window.

“Get ready by 10. I’ll pick you up.” Joonmyeon stops in front of an old apartment complex.

“Alright I’ll be up at 9:30.” Luhan winks.

“Get your bags and get out.” Joonmyeon shakes her head.

 

Luhan opens the door and the home smell hits her nose, rose and lavender wilt and petals litter the floor of her apartment. She takes her bags and put them beside the wall of her bedroom, she takes a broom and sweeps the petals.

She empties the vases all around her apartment and throws it along with the petals. She checks the fridge, empty. Luhan looks out the window, the supermarket just around the corner.

She changes her coat, ties her hair into a bun and grabs glasses. Slipping into pumps, purse and keys in hand, she walks out of her apartment.

Sehun parks his car at the car park, grab his snapback and put it on along with his hoodie to cover his face. He gets off and locks it. Walking into the supermarket he grabs a basket and strolls to the chocolate aisle.

He walks and walks eyes focused on the racks of chocolate, grabbing cheap chocolate and candies. Cheap candies taste the best in his mind. As he mindlessly walk while scanning the rack. Little that he knows that in front of him was a woman who was doing the same thing he is.

Eventually they bump into each other, and the girl fall to the floor and Sehun nearly fell on top of her if it wasn’t because of his hand.

Her glasses lie on the floor so as his, Sehun quickly gets up and help the woman up and picks up her basket for her.

“I’m so sorry. I wasn’t watching where I was going.” The woman says in fluent English.

“Oh, no it’s okay. I wasn’t paying attention too. Are you alright?” Sehun replies back.

“Yeah, I’m okay.” She smiles and picks up her glasses and hands his to him.

“Thank you.” Sehun takes it.

Silence settles in as they stand there awkwardly. The girl suddenly giggles Sehun looks up and blushes. That smile looks familiar but where.

“Well, I’ll walk off now.” The girl walks away.

Sehun nods dumbly and watches as the girl walk away.

Luhan giggles as she sees the boy nods dumbly. But it would probably be best to stay away from guys on her holiday and keep a low profile while she’s here.

Luhan pays for her stuffs and heads to the florist for some flowers. After buying a bouquet of roses she heads back just in time for dinner.

Sehun lies in his bed flipping through the channels on his TV until the door opens and Jongin walks in looking dazed.

“What’s with you?” Sehun frowns at his best friend.

“I think I saw an angel.” Jongin mumbles.

“Not with customers please.” Sehun shakes his head.

“Oh, Baek Noona is bringing someone in the kitchen for help.” Jongin changes the topic.

“Who did she bring this time?” Sehun groans.

“You have to see her yourself. I can’t explain her with words.”

 

Head shaved at the side while the other drapes red long hair. Eyes sharp and lined and ear decorated with ear monstrosities. Ripped washed jeans and a black sweater.

“Make me something you’re confident with and bring it to my office.”Sehun walks up the stairs to his office in the shop.

“Chanyeol hyung,” He calls out.

“Two hours before she comes.” Yixing says.  

“How the hell in two hours are we going to serve up a perfect dish?” Chanyeol freaks out.

“Chanyeol hyung, come up here!” Sehun yells from his office.

“So Tao, let’s go.” Baekhyun drags the girl to the kitchen.

 

“How about making a Mont Blanc?” Chanyeol asks.

Sehun pace around his office while shaking his head, trying to come up with the perfect dish.

“Petits fours, Macaron or even Tartlets or do you prefer sticking to signature pastries?” Chanyeol asks.

“Tartlets....”Sehun stops and looks at Chanyeol.

“What did I say?” Chanyeol mumbles.

“Chocolates tartlets,” Sehun rushes out his office stumbling down the stairs, trips and fall on the floor face first.

“I understand you want to impress Joonmyeon but chill out.” Baekhyun giggles.

“What is wrong with him?” The red head came out with a plate of mini Fraisier.

“Oh, don’t mind him, oh look in the time when Sehun was freaking out she made a mini Frasier.” Jongin says.

“A dozen of mini Fraisier,” She corrects him.

“That’s better,” Yixing says.

 

“I-I’ll taste that later, I need to make tartlets.” Sehun gets up and rush to the kitchen.

“And he’s going to be my boss,” Tao sighs.

“Well you know youngsters,” Jongin shrugs.

Sehun pops up with a frown.

“Dude, we’re the same age so shut up and help me!” Sehun yells.

“Please?” He makes a puppy face.

“If only you weren’t my colleague and best friend.” Jongin groans.

Tao shakes her head without a word. Baekhyun stands next to her and whispers,

“I swear they’re more professional when they work.”

“Shouldn’t we be filling the shelves?” Yixing frowns.

“Not until Joonmyeon finishes.

 

Meanwhile,

“Luhan, hurry up. We’re going to be late.” Joonmyeon says for nth time.

“Coming, jeez...” Luhan comes while buttoning her jeans.

“No guy would like you if they knew you were like this.” Joonmyeon shakes her head.

“I’m going to find a guy who doesn’t care!”Luhan stuck her tongue out.

Joonmyeon rolls her eyes and they were out of the door.

“Can you like stop showing off your car collection, or lend one to me.” Now it was Luhan’s turn to roll her eye.

“Shut up, we’re late.” Joonmyeon opens the door to her red Aston Martin Vantage Convertible.

Luhan gets into the car and they drive to where ever Joonmyeon is taking her to. And it turns out to be the pastry shop she saw in the papers the other day.

Joonmyeon reaches over and takes the glasses off of Luhan along with her other disguise to hide her face.

“Hey, I need those. What if someone sees me here?” Luhan gasps.

“You’re here for business and who cares I’m here if anyone follows we’re going to my house.” Joonmyeon shrugs and turns the ignition off before pulling her keys out.

“Oh, fine, I guess I could just come since I’ve wanted to come...” Luhan shrugs.

“How did you know about this shop?” Joonmyeon asks.

“News,” Luhan says before they walk in the shop.

 

They were greeted by a petite but only slightly shorter women behind her stood to males. One was pale and the other was tan.

“Welcome to La Douce-Amère, my name is Baekhyun, this is Yixing and Jongin. It’s a pleasure to see you again madam.” Baekhyun smiles at the two of them.

“If you please, follow me upstairs, we have your tables ready and Sehun will be ready any second now.” Jongin motions to the stairs.

“Why are you guys being so formal? Are the weekend visits for nothing?” Joonmyeon sulks.

“Nah, I’m sure it’s because I’m here.”Luhan snickers.

“Well it is an honour to have a main stream Chinese actress in our shop.” Yixing says.

“Did you tell I was coming?” Luhan nudges Joonmyeon.

“No,” She shakes her head.

“Oh, Xing is a fan of Joonmyeon. If you know what I mean.” Baekhyun winks.

Yixing then mutter about going to check on Sehun in the kitchen.

“Oh, admirer huh...” Luhan smiles a sly smile.

“Come on...” Joonmyeon groans.

 

Sehun’s hands shake as he put the finishing touch – a strawberry on the chocolate tartlets. He steps away and the three male in the kitchen, stares and the two plates of tartlets on the table.

“It looks okay...” Yixing nods.

“Why are you in here when you should be outside? Besides your girl is out there waiting for this dish... ” Chanyeol frowns at Yixing not the tartlets.

“Well, your girl just embarrassed me big time.” Yixing glares at Chanyeol.

“I’m no one’s girl,” Baekhyun waltz in and takes the plates.

“I’m bringing this up alright?” She looks at Sehun for confirmation.

“Yeah, sure... Tell the ladies I’ll be up in a sec.” Sehun lets out a relieved breathe.

Once Baekhyun left, Chanyeol and Yixing start a glare off.

“I guess you two are even now.” Sehun smirks and walks out the kitchen up to the guests.

 

Both didn’t know whether it was pleasant seeing each other again or not. With a frown on his face which quickly disappears into a small smile, he walks to the two ladies.

“We meet again,” Luhan says this time in Korean.

“So you speak Korean...” Sehun nods.

“You two have met?” Joonmyeon narrows her eyes at the both of them.

“By accident,” Sehun says.

“I bumped into him, by accident.” Luhan says.

“Anyway, today I present to you Chocolate tartlets.” Sehun gestures to the tartlets.

“You went simple I see...” Joonmyeon smirks.

Luhan picks up the tartlet and takes a bite while Joonmyeon inspects the tartlets; well she is a food critique and a food stylist.

Albeit not being a food critique nor did she have a fancy palate but the combination of the slightly bitter chocolate and the sweetness of the strawberry mix together perfectly creating a bittersweet flavour.

“The ganache is beautiful.” Luhan moans.

“Thank god, they are my friends, I’m embarrassed at you.” Joonmyeon shakes her head.

“An actress is still a human.” The mysterious red hair says.

“Who’s this?” Joonmyeon smiles at the new face.

“Huang Zitao, just call me Tao.” She says.

“I’ve seen you before...but where?” Luhan tilts her head.

“You must be mistaken.” Tao says.

“She’s inconsideration in being taken as an employee.” Sehun says.

“Who made the ganache?” Joonmyeon asks after she had a bite.

“As always, Chanyeol did.” Sehun smiles proudly.

“You should get out of here and be a chocolatier Yeol.” Joonmyeon says.

“Nah, too much work for me,” Chanyeol grins.

“Excuses,” Yixing coughs.

Chanyeol glares at him.

“Um, guys....We have a problem.” Jongin says coming up the stairs.

“Paparazzi came?” Luhan sighs.

“Spot on, how are they going to leave?” Jongin looks to Sehun.

“Do you have a back door and does the back alley fit a car?” Luhan blurs out.

 

Chanyeol along with Jongin came out, Chanyeol holding the keys of Joonmyeon car.

“My god, can you guys leave.” Jongin stands in front of the shop with his hand on his hips.

“Oh come on we know Luhan is in there.” One of them shouts.

“No, she isn’t so please leave.” Chanyeol push his way out of the crowd and to the car.

Chanyeol drives the around to the back alley where Joonmyeon, Luhan and Sehun was waiting. Luckily none of the tabloid knew about their secret root and they got away safely.

 

Luhan stares out the window trying to recall where she has seen the red hair named Tao. The ride was quiet since Joonmyeon was busy talking on the phone rather than talking to her.

Her eyes widen, she remembered where.

In a car of a fellow actor, she was at a shoot, but whose car? She frowns trying to remember.

 

“Wu Yi Fan,” Luhan gasps.

                                                                       ~


Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's up (later that i planned ). I inserted Tao ;3 Hehehehe, as always please leave a comment below and if you like this story subscribe and upvote! Enjoy~~