Chapter 1

Douce-Amère

What was so great about Paris? She didn’t get it they say its magical being there, she believed them but now. She’s in Paris, the city of love. And there’s nothing magical about it. Maybe she came in the wrong time? It’s winter and sure she has to give it to Paris for looking so beautiful.

Maybe it’s because she’s alone. Hence the magic is just for lovers.

That night as she sips her fancy wine, looking out at the view of Paris that her apartment gave, it came to her slowly. Maybe taking a break from her acting career wasn’t the best idea. But she needed the rest, her sleep disrupted and the constant headache making her unable to sleep took a toll on her.

She throws her head back onto back of her pristine long armchair. Swirling the wine in her hand around before downing it all, she thinks about how much she misses her old apartment in Korea.

 

He stands in front of the glass windowed shop watching the sign board being lifted, La Douce-Amère Patisserie. The display case was installed, tables and chairs in place, his kitchen fully equipped and only the sign is left.

He nods as the sign sits perfectly on top, just a simple sign not to over the top. He walks back into the shop, his shoes clicking against the wood flooring as he checks every point in the shop, he seeks perfection.  

 

 

She wakes up the next morning, sober. She pushes her wild morning hair down and gets up from bed, stepping into her bathroom to clean herself, she then walks out with a towel wrapped around her body and another wrapped around her wet hair.

She enters her walk in closet, scanning carefully to search for an outfit. She pulls a leather pants, a white oversized long sleeve undershirt and a white sweater. Once convinced that it would look good she puts it on, blow drying her platinum blonde hair.

She slips a necklace on and a red beanie on, as well as a thick frame glasses. She puts on her platform pump ankle boot and carrying a small purse, she walks out on the streets of Paris.

 

 

“Put the coat hanger stand by the door.” He instructs the worker.

Only a couple hours before the grand opening of his patisserie, the flowers were lining up at the front, along with thousands of words of praising.

“Oh Sehun, go get changed.” Baekhyun steps in the shop with her hands on her hips.

“Why should I?” Sehun says while looking around his shop.

“You’re launching your shop for god’s sake and look at what you’re wearing.” Baekhyun sighs.

“Cut him some slack, he’ll be in the kitchen in an hour, just launch wearing your coat. Easy.” Yixing says from the counter.

“Fine,” Baekhyun walks away.

“Change into flats; I don’t want my helper to have sore feet!” Sehun pointed to the sky high heels.

Baekhyun just nods and takes off her sky high heels right then.

“Where are the candles I order?” Sehun groans.

“Relax, you should go to the kitchen, I’ll handle all this.” Yixing push him to the back.

“Thank you, hyung.” Sehun rubs his temple.

His plaid shirt exchanged with his pristine white coat but his dark blue beanie remains. Baekhyun was already working on caramels for decorations, Jongin piping batter of Madeleine into the tray, various flavours he might add.

Trays of macarons waiting to be complete with a pipe of filling, Pain Au Chocolat in the oven baking as Chanyeol temper more chocolate to me drizzled onto the pastry. A line of various flavours of Panna Cotta from fruits to chocolate to infused flavours sits in the freezer left to mend to perfection.

He sleeves folded neatly he begins the centrepiece of today, Croquembouche. He melts butter with water, adding a pinch of salt and sugar, then flour. He beat the mixture vigorously.

Soon the mixture was ready, he fills them into piping tubes and pipes them onto parchment lined trays. Into the oven they go, the cream ready and all that’s left is waiting. He looks around the kitchen.

Two hours.

The puffs filled and assembled into a high pyramid, with a new batch of melted caramel, he dips a wire whisk into the caramel and takes it out. The magic starts.

He spin the whisk around, carefully creating his master piece, his spins were soft, a flicker of his wrist. Once he put down the whisk and cuts the hardened caramel off, his master piece is done.

“Everything is done, except the macaroon.” Baekhyun says.

“Yixing and I can do it. I’ll put the rest in the hands of you three.”

That’s how much he trusts his friends.

 

“Luhan, what’s all this?” Her manager walks into her apartment finding boxes and boxes of pastry on her dining table, and her enjoying them.

“My food,” Luhan smiles sheepishly.

“You’re going to have an upset stomach.” Her manager sighs.

“Worth it,” She shrugs.

“I’ll keep this is the fridge, you can eat them. No diets.” Her manager takes a box of macaroons and a box of petit fours.

“You can have these and these.” She hands him a pastry bag and a panna cotta, similar to the one she’s enjoying.

“Thank you,” Her manager sits down.

“Can I go back to Korea?” Luhan asks as she scopes up some strawberry panna cotta.

“Sure but you’re on your own.”

“That’s better.” Luhan smiles cheekily.

 

If she heeds the words of her manager, she would have gone easy on the sweets but she didn’t and her stomach is a mess. She groans and buries her face in her pillow, this call for herbal tea. She sighs and pouts looks like her flight to Korea has to be postponed.

She gets up from her comfortable bed, grabbing her hair tie and pulls her long locks into a ponytail as she makes her way to the kitchen to brew herbal tea.

It must feel nice having people around you, she thoughts as she blows her hot tea before sipping it slowly, bitter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Chapter 1 is up and it's short ._. Sorry. I won't promise that chapter two will be longer but i hope you enjoy this story. Please comment, subscribe and upvote if you like this story! :D