Chapter 16

Douce-Amère

“So right now all we have is Luculia, Lavender, Fairy Primrose and paper daisy. But usually we get some Baby’s Breath when it’s in season, roses, daises, peonies, red carnations and blue azalea.” Taeyeon the clerk in the flower shop Baekhyun brought him too says.

“I think I’ll just order Luculia, Paper Daises, Peonies, the carnations along with Baby’s Breath.” Sehun says and looks at Baekhyun for confirmation.

“Maybe sometimes you can switch up the paper daises and azalea?” Baekhyun says.

“Sure, I can do that.” She nods.

“I’ll be right back, let me get the paper works.”

Sehun takes looks around for awhile while Baekhyun’s eyes just focus on the vase in front of her. Her fingers rest on her chin, she smiles thinking about how a girl finally manage to break through Sehun’s ice wall. She hopes everything works out for them since the girl after all a famous actress. Everyone is expecting her to be down after Chanyeol left but truth be told, she feels alright. Maybe it’s because they made up before he left, she doesn’t feel sad about it. He’s leaving for his own good anyway. Baekhyun can’t be selfish although she does want to have Chanyeol just an arm stretch away from her.

“So you just need to sign here and we are set, once we have the flowers, it will be sent to you the days you mentioned earlier.” Taeyeon place the paper on the table as Sehun walks back to his seat.

“And payment will be wired in monthly bases.” Sehun says and signs the paper.

“We’re all set then.”

“It was nice doing business with you,” Taeyeon smiles at them.

“Likewise,” Baekhyun says.

The two of them walk out of the florist, and gets into his car.

“Do you want to go anywhere?” Sehun asks her.

“Nah, just send me home. I’m tired.” Baekhyun shakes her head.

“Alright,” He nods.

The ride is silent, Baekhyun thinks it’s because both of them are tired, and she’s looking out the window so she doesn’t see his face but when she does see his face when she was about to bid him goodbye, she knows it’s something else.

“Why do I feel so sad?” Sehun whispers.

“Sehun,” Baekhyun places a hand on his shoulder.

“I’m sure it’s nothing, go on ahead. Bye, noona.” Sehun smile slightly.

“Bye, Hun.”

 

It’s been a few days since Joonmyeon last talked or seen Luhan after her burst at the girl. She’s honestly upset at Luhan. She doesn’t think its right, they’re both grown up and if they really want to be in a relationship, maybe they could have thought about the circumstances before actually getting into one. Because in this world nothing works out just like that even when you love that person so much, Joonmyeon knows it well, she learned it firsthand.

But right now she’s waiting for Yixing outside the mall, the place where people usually drop off their passengers. He said he’s almost here but he might be late seeing how he had to go to the shop to drop off something before he heads here.

“Joonmyeon, is that really you?” She hears a very familiar voice. Narsha, the head chief of the previous magazine she worked for.

“Narsha,” She turns to the women.

“Long time no see,” Narsha’s grasps in the male next to her tighten.

“Hey, Joonmyeon...” Minho, her ex boyfriend says.

“Hey Minho,” She says without a care for him.

“What are you doing here alone?” Narsha smirks.

“I’m waiting for someone,” Joonmyeon shifts, clearly uncomfortable.

“Why don’t you join us in the mean time?” Minho invites.

“No, it’s fine.” Joonmyeon didn’t miss the glare he got from Narsha.

Their heads turn when a roar of bike engine comes and it goes to the parking area nearby. A man riding a matte black bike, she can take a deep breath now. It’s Yixing. He takes his helmet off and turns off the engine.

“That guy is hot,” They watch as he fixes his hair before jogging up to the entrance, where they were standing.

“Sorry babe,” Yixing comes at her and kisses her cheek.

He then wraps a red knit scarf around her neck, “You must be cold, you could have wait for me inside.”

“Who’s this?” Minho glares at Yixing.

“My boyfriend,” Joonmyeon says.

Narsha looks at Joonmyeon annoyed and probably mad that she got a hotter boyfriend that the one she has now. Minho just nods.

“Yixing, this is Narsha my former boss and this is Minho, her boyfriend.” Joonmyeon looks at Yixing sweetly.

“Zhang Yixing, it’s nice to meet you two.” He smiles at Narsha and shakes hands with Minho.

“I think we have to go now, if we want to catch that movie.” Yixing says.

“Oh, sure go ahead.” Minho nods.

“Bye,”

“Bye, Joonmyeon.” Joonmyeon just gives him a tight smile before she and Yixing walk off towards the cinema.

Yixing pulls her close to his side, his arm on her waist but then around her arms as he feels that it is cold.

“So that was your ex huh.” Yixing smirks.

“He was my best friend before that.” Joonmyeon sighs.

“Let’s forget about him, we have a movie to watch and ice creams to eat,” She smiles and leans into Yixing

“We do, don’t we. Let’s not waste more time then,”

 

“How do I look?” Yi fan stands in front of Tao.

“You look good as always don’t worry.” Tao brushes off some lint off of his coat.

Yifan takes a deep breath and checks himself in the mirror again. He’s having a meeting with his boss and he’s more nervous that he had ever been. Tao giggles seeing him fret; she turns him around to face her again.

“I don’t know why you’re stressing so much, I don’t know how important this meeting is but you’re going to be fine.” She gives him a reassuring smile.

He finally cracks a smile, “I don’t know what I’d do without you right now,” He pulls her closer by the waist and put his head on her shoulder.

“You’re joking right? Even if I wasn’t here you’d do fine.” Tao looks down.

Yifan hated that there was a lingering bitterness in her words.

“I love you,” He whispers and kisses her forehead.

“Love you too,” She smiles sweetly at him while looking into his eyes.

He leans down to kiss her on the lips; sadly it was short because of the knock on the door. His manager is here, he didn’t want to let go, and he might lose her forever after this.

“Bye,”

“Bye.”

 

 

Luhan sits on her couch, running her fingers through her hair frustrated, “Can you push it back till spring?”

“I don’t know Lu, why do you need more time?” Hao, her manager asks.

“I have things to settle here,” Luhan bites her finger.

“And I was originally supposed to go back in spring not this early.” Luhan adds.

“Fine, I’ll try to do something.” Hao says.

“Thank you,”

“How are things there?” Luhan lies down on the couch.

“I’m having the best time here,” She grins so wide that she is sure it’ll hurt her later on.

“But of course, all good things have to end at a point.” Luhan sighs.

“It doesn’t always have to be that way.” Hao says.

“Mmmm, whatever you say.” Luhan rolls her eyes.

“I’m serious Lu, I don’t know but I’m starting to hear rumours within the industry that they saw you with a guy. Elaborate please.”  She could hear the worry in his voice.

“It won’t matter once I get back.” Luhan whispers.

“You’re a mean woman, Luhan.” Luhan closes her eyes.

“I am,” Luhan breaths out softly.

“Well, I have to go and try to pull some strings for you.” Hao chuckles slowly before sighing heavily.

“Alright, go ahead and try to pull some strings for this coward and mean woman.” Luhan says.

“Bye, Lu. I’ll see you soon.”

“Not soon enough I hope.”

 

Luhan puts her phone down, another slow and silent morning for her. It isn’t all fun and sunny here. It’s cold and boring on some days, it’s those days that she needs and wants Sehun close by but Luhan can’t be selfish. But by doing this she’s already being selfish. Sehun is back to being busy with the cafe nowadays. The calls gets fewer by the days, not that it mattered much. Luhan is taking off soon enough, she smirks. She’s a mean woman. She rolls to her side, taking her phone again, and dials Sehun. She could be disturbing him but she doesn’t mind, she wants to disturb him. She misses him so much. The goddamn flu really came at a bad time, if not she would have seen Sehun for awhile.

“Hello, Bambi.” She giggles.

“Hey, Hun...” She sits up.

“How’s your cold?” He asks.

“All better now.” She plays with her hair.

“Really, I haven’t seen you in ages,” Sehun sighs.

“I miss you,” Luhan bites her lips.

“You know what, I’m dropping over later.” Sehun says.

“You’re always welcome but Sehun,” Luhan pauses.

“Yes?”

“Never mind,” Luhan says.

“Alright, I’ll see you later then.” Sehun says with a hint of curiosity in his voice.

 

 

Yifan takes several deep breaths when he reaches the hotel, he gets out of the car and it lead to the room his boss is in. The ride in the elevator is agonising and his palms start to sweat. When the elevator stops, it didn’t help his jitters. But he keeps calm and follows the assistant to the room. A couple of knows and before he knows in he is in the chair, facing the president. To his surprise, the president has a very warm smile on his face.

“There’s no need to be so nervous, son.” The president chuckles at him.

Yifan just manage to smile nervously.

“I’ve been brief about your wish,” The president says.

“Is there any reason why I can’t fulfil my wish, sir?” Yifan wipes his palms on his pants.

“I don’t have the rights to say anything because according to the contract you can since the dating ban is lifted but isn’t it too early? What about your fans? Would they accept it well?” He questions.

Yifan smiles and shakes his head, “I’ve been an actor since I was 19 and now I’m 27, no I don’t think it’s early. If they are my fans they wouldn’t mind and I frankly wouldn’t mind losing fans for someone that’s really matters.”

“Well then, there should not be anything to stop something good, should there?” The president chuckles delightfully.

“There shouldn’t, thank you sir.” Yifan smiles happily.

“Why are you thanking me? It’s your life,”

“If you need anything just say it, you helped me build my empire.”

“I might need to ask you to be ready with an article which confirms it all; I hope that isn’t too much.” Yi fan says.

“No, not at all, I’ll tell the spoke person to get right on with it then,” He nods.

Yifan finally can breathe easy.

 

Tao was cleaning the coffee table, flipping through the magazines. She’s deciding what to recycle and what not to. Her phone makes a sound indicating that a notification just came through. She takes it and sees it saying ‘galaxy_fanfan’ posted a photo and a spam message. She unlocks her phone and checks the photo. The clock shows that it’s 1 o’clock; he should have finished his meeting by now. A picture of him propping his chin on his palm and pouting to the camera with the caption, ‘It’s a beautiful day so grab your coat and come out, peach.’ Tao couldn’t believe that he used her nickname, peach.

A new photo a few seconds later, this time a picture of a side walk, it looks like he’s outside, this time with a caption of ‘Hurry before that find out.’ Only then she knew he was calling her out. She grabs her bag, coat along with her house keys and slips into her sneakers. She left the house while checking the comments knowing his fans were quick and like detectives. They already knew the location. Once she is out of the building she straight away hails for a cab, it took a few minutes but she got one.

“To Seoul Forest please.” She says

The cab driver nods and he drives on. Tao sits back and checks the comments, some of them were on their way just like her. She starts getting jittery, what the hell is he planning to do. She sighs and looks away from her phone and opts to look outside the window. Being stuck in traffic didn’t help her jitters; it gets her feeling more anxious about what’s to come. A new notification, she looks at it. Now just a picture of him clearly outside at the forest she is heading to with the caption ‘Come and find me, little red head.’, that man is seriously trying to get her in trouble. His fans were wondering what or who little red head is. And Tao with no other choice takes out a beanie she had in her bag and stuffs her hair into the beanie.

“We’re here, I don’t know why the traffic is so bad today,” He shakes her head.

Tao smiles and nods, “How much is it?”

The cab driver mentions the price and she pays him

“Thank you, have a great day.” Tao says before getting off the cab.

She enters the forest in the middle of a concrete jungle shortly; there were an amount of girls, clearly his fans. She walks past them; she decides to just look around and hopes to find him by mistakes. She takes out her phone and dials his number. She waits for him to pick up her call while she walks around. Of course he doesn’t pick up.

She was too distracted to notice someone was coming her way and ends up bumping into them, her beanie falls. Her red hair falls out, a gasps spill from the person’s mouth. Tao quickly get her beanie and mutters an apology before she dashes off without looking back. But soon enough the whole park knew about her, and they tried to follow her. Some of them didn’t like her already, she thinks.

Soon enough she finds him standing somewhere in the more quiet part of the forest, a few shrieks come from behind her but she ignores it. He smiles when he sees her. She runs to him, ignoring the fact his fans were behind her and probably now knows about them.

“What the hell were you think?” She pokes his chest.

“I wasn’t thinking, don’t worry. If anything happens, we’re in this together alright?” He leans in to kiss her forehead.

“Alright, what did you call me out for?” She says.

His fans were coming closer by the second; Yifan takes a step back while his hands fish something out of his pocket. He gets down on one knee; he slowly opens the ring box.

“Huang Zitao,” The cameras were out.

“I know it’s been a long time coming, and I thank you so much for being patient with me and staying with me for all this years.” Tao couldn’t believe this is happening.

“So I would like to ask you to continue doing so,”

“Will you marry me?”

Tao covers her face with her face, slowly she nods, her eyes watering slowly.

“Yes, yes, yes!” She says.

Yifan gets up and hugs her tightly, although he refrains from kissing her in front of his fans. He carefully takes out the ring and slips it on her ring finger. Some cheers were heard but he could see some with sour faces, well, whatever. Tao is his fiancée now.

“Isn’t this nainai’s* ring?” Tao sniffles.

“She wanted you to have it as your engagement ring.” Yifan says.

It fits perfectly on her, it’s just a simple slim ring with a perfect size diamond on it, and it’s not too big and not too small. It’s just right.

“It’s beautiful,” Her smile is bright despite her tears.

“I don’t need to buy another ring?” Yifan says jokingly.

“This is perfect, I don't need another ring.” She nods at his words.

“Tao, I’m kidding.”

“I’m not.”

 

 

“I missed you so much.” Sehun says when he’s hugging Luhan tightly, just as tight as she is hugging him.

“Me too,” She presses a peck on his lips.

“So, want to a watch a movie?” Luhan’s face breaks into a smile.

“You pick tonight,” She says.

“Alright then,” Sehun nods.

“But don’t you have work tomorrow? Wouldn’t you be tired tomorrow?” She pouts.

“I’ll just fall asleep on you if I get too tired.” Sehun shrugs.

Luhan laughs and nods, “Alright,”

Luhan is truly in love with Sehun and she doesn’t want to leave. She doesn’t want to break this boy’s heart. 


:D Hope you guys like is and as usual, if subscriber if you like it and please do comment down below on how this chapter was! And I'll see ya guys in the next chapter! 

P.s Nainai means grandmother. I wanted to update when finals were over but i guess not.