Chapter 15

Douce-Amère

Kyungsoo sits in on the beach, her view is a dark night sky and a sparkler and the sound of water hitting the shore accompany her if not for her friends. She decided to quit her job, or rather she was fired. So with the free time she had, she decides on a getaway trip. It was in time for New Year too but being at the beach in the winter is such a crazy idea. This was just another cliché romantic idea that rolled in the minds of her friends and hers too, being at the beach, staying at the pension with some guy friends. Things were uncomfortable for Kyungsoo as Hakyeon is here and she could see his big fat crush on her from a mile distance. He is a nice guy but right now she doesn’t need more boy trouble.

She still have to recover from Kim Jongin, she regrets him. She wished she didn’t have to watch Pororo with him or wore-wear the hair tie he bought her or the fact that they kissed and it may sound typical and cliché but it felt magical to her. His smile that now she hates as how they distract her from many things. She hates how Kim Jongin left a deep impression on her and most of all; she hates that now everyone is looking at her because she is crying because of Kim Jongin.  

Kyungsoo gets up, dusting the sands off her jeans before she walks away from the group. She takes the hair tie out of her hair, she runs faster into the house and into her room, locking the door. She sits on the bed in the dark, crying. Pathetic, she smirks at herself; she’s the one who wouldn’t accept him. But he’s probably married right now to a beautiful girl.

“Your hair looks beautiful when it’s down,” Kyungsoo touch her hair and sighs.

Kyungsoo change into her sweats and call it a day, she can’t wait to leave this place and lock herself in her house.

 

The new year rolls in peacefully and easy, nothing big went on and so Sehun decides to revamp the shop, boy did he have a lot of money in his hands but of course not the whole cafe because he’s satisfied on how it looks overall, it just need a touch of something.

“Baek noona, are you busy?” Sehun calls her up.

“No, I’m lazing around.” Baekhyun says.

“Great, would you go flower shopping with me?” Sehun asks.

He was planning on taking Luhan but the latter fell down with a flu and she said that she’s going to be sleeping the whole day so he decides to call Baekhyun instead. With the intention to cheer up the girl up if she needed it as how Chanyeol already left for Paris again, two days ago. Their goodbyes were short and private although they said goodbye like everybody but theirs felt intimate.

“Who the hell goes flower shopping in the winter?” Baekhyun says.

“I’m looking for a flower shop where I can order flowers from.” Sehun sighs.

“Okay, sure.” The girl chirps.

“Great, I’ll pick you up in half an hour!”

 

“So what are the flowers for exactly?” Baekhyun asks Sehun when they are in the car.

“Noona, can you arrange flowers?” Sehun looks at her.

Baekhyun ponders a little before she nods slowly, “A little bit, why?”

Sehun just smiles at her.

“Flowers and flower arranging, what do you have up your sleeves Oh Sehun?” Baekhyun glares at her.

“Cafe,” Sehun smiles while he drives his car.

“That girl really soften you up,” Baekhyun smiles.

“Is that a bad thing?” Sehun pouts.

Baekhyun’s jaws drops, “Did Oh Sehun just pout? What is going on with this world?”

“That’s not funny noona,” He says sounding sad but his lips in a smile.

“Of course not, it’s nice seeing you like this,” Baekhyun ruffles his hair.

Sehun takes a hold of her slender hand when he stops at a red light, “How are you now that he left?”

“He’s coming back again, you don’t have to worry.” Baekhyun snorts.

“But he’s not going to be around for years,” Sehun looks at Baekhyun.

“I’ll get by, idiot.” Baekhyun sticks her tongue out at him.

“I’m kind of hungry, are you hungry?” Baekhyun nods.

“Let’s go eat our feelings out,”

“I think it’s me that need to eat my feelings out, you don’t need to. You have a gorgeous girlfriend.” Baekhyun rolls her eyes at him.

“That doesn’t mean I can’t eat my feelings out just because I don’t really have a reason to eat my feeling out.” Sehun turns at a corner.

“You’re just pigging out,” Baekhyun scoffs.

“Eat the stress away,” Sehun smiles cheekily.

Baekhyun shakes her head at Sehun but a smile forms on her lips. That brat really knows how to make her feel better, even when she’s alright with things right now.

 

“Tao, baby let’s go out!” Yifan puts his hand on her waist; she’s currently lying on the couch.

“Where are we going?” She looks at him.

“Let’s just go on a date, you know before I have to see my boss.” Yifan says.

“You’re nervous?” She touches his cheeks.

“A little bit,” Yifan looks down.

“Alright then,” She nods.

“Come on then and get ready.” He pats her back.

“Can I borrow something from your closet?” Yifan smiles at her.

“Of course, just don’t make a mess.”

 

The two go out to the town, Yifan wearing his hat and fake glasses while Tao doesn’t wear anything that hides her face instead she’s in his jacket. They walk down the street, through the sea of people and she clings to his arms like a koala while their hand claps.

“Where should we go?” Yifan looks down at Tao.

“Anywhere is fine,”

“Let’s go watch a movie, “He tugs her hand and tilt to an old fashion movie theatre.

“Breakfast at Tiffany’s is on,” Tao says surprise that an old film is being played.

“Do you want to watch it?” They stand in front of the theatre now showing section.

“If you want to, you know I love that movie.” She gazes at him.

“Nah, let’s watch something else.” He smirks.

“How about we watch Chucky?” Terror falls on her face.

“I’m kidding,” She pouts at him and rolls her eyes.

“That’s not nice; I’m going to leave you.” Tao scoffs.

 

Yifan chuckles softly and then he pulls her closer to him, locking her in at tight hold. He buys the tickets with her beside him; they didn’t watch Breakfast at Tiffany’s or Chucky. Instead it’s The Graduate, they found out about this movie while back in France, they were about a couple months in at that time. They sat in the hotel room, watching TV the whole night, and they watched 500 Days of summer which lead them to this movie. This is the first time that they’ll be watching it.

They watch the movie in silence, hands still holding tight, at times Tao would lay her head on his shoulder. As the movie progress, Yi fan can hear sniffles from her. And when it ended, Yifan finds himself feeling emotional and Tao is sobbing. He looks at her and she looks away, he smile and ruffles her hair.

 

“Are you okay?” He asks her as they walk down the street.

“Mmmm,” She nods.

“I love you,” He kisses her temple.

“Right back at you,” She smiles at him.

“Come on, let’s find someplace with a heater.” He says.

“Yifan,” She calls out his name.

“Yes baby?” He looks at her.

“I really hope we don’t become like them,” He’s taken aback by her words.

“We won’t,”

Tao hugs him at his waist and the walk down the street looking like those overly happy couple which single people jealous.

 

“Kyungsoo, it’s time to wake up.” Kyungsoo sighs at the knock on her door.

She zips up her bags and puts on her black hoodie. She’s going home today, a day early. Today is going to a lazy day anyway so she decides to just leave early. She can catch the bus if she leaves early enough. She takes her bags and unlocks the door, opening the door and coming face to face with her friend and Hakyeon who just got out of his room.

“Kyungsoo, you’re leaving already?” Hakyeon asks.

“Yea, I have things to take care of,” She pushes back her hair.

“Do you need a ride? I can drive you home, I’ll just get packing.” Hakyeon says.

“No, I’ll just catch the bus.” She says.

“It won’t-”

“No, please. I’m going alone.” Kyungsoo sighs.

Kyungsoo slings her bag on her shoulder and goes down the stairs without anymore words, and while her other friends were calling her name and the guys were looking at her weird, she ignores and just walks out. She catches a cab to the bus station, buys tickets to Seoul and wait for the bus.  It’s a long ride home and when she gets there, it’s another ride in the cab and a distant of walking before she reaches her home. She unlocks the door and steps in, home never felt like home even if it’s in the form of a small apartment. She can’t complain and she needs to find a job so she can pay for this apartment. She makes a mental note in her head, first thing tomorrow she will be looking for jobs. But right now she needs to sleep, it’s late.

But the next morning she doesn’t get to find a job, but she’s in a coffee shop sitting with a friend, she’s busy filling up application forms. She’s going to have to run to the post office after this, she has to post the letters to magazine companies or any writing involving companies that would like to take her.

“So tell me about this guy that you were seeing before this,” Her friend says.

“I’m not talking about him anymore.” Kyungsoo scoffs.

“Oh, come on. You’re over him aren’t you?” Kyungsoo stops writing.

“You are aren’t you? Please tell me you are,” Yuri looks at her.

Kyungsoo looks up, “I don’t know.”

Yuri sighs and leans into the chair, “Unbelievable,”

“But did I tell you what he kept from me?” Kyungsoo scoffs; it still makes her blood boil.

“What, a fiancé?” Yuri snort.

"Can you believe him, out of all things," Kyungsoo says.

“You’re joking right?” Kyungsoo shakes her head.

"All this time I’ve been pinning over a man who already has someone by his side!"

"Not anymore," Kyungsoo turns around and sees the girl from before.

"I’ve never gotten your name. You can call me Soojung." She says.

"It's Kyungsoo."

"Well, Kyungsoo. I see that you've been avoiding him for weeks." Soojung sits beside her.

"I just wrecked your relationship. Why are you here, to pull my hair out?"

"Nope, I'm way too classy for that. I'm just here to tell you to go back to him."Soojung smiles bitterly at her, but it’s still a smile.

Kyungsoo becomes speechless and watches the girl with reddish brown hair cross her legs.

"He's under fire right now. His mother is probably screaming at him for wanting to cancel the wedding. He took the blame, all of it."

"Why should I be involved in this?" Kyungsoo shakes her head.

"Jongin isn't the type to fall in love easily; sure the girls were nothing more than fun. He told me once, when we were on good terms. It was when he at least cared about me."

"He told you what?" She frowns.

"He didn't believe in love."

"And you made him change, Jongin hated the idea of love, he said it is bull and now looks at him, going through a lot just because of you. I will forever hate you for that but for that same reason, I'm grateful for you." Soojung looks up trying to block the tears.

"I knew him for so long, ever since I was a child. I was told that I'm going to marry him. At first, I didn't like him until that time where I got hurt and he carried me all the way to the hospital. I sat a few chairs further than him but the next thing I knew, my wound was stitched up and his were to. It was on his left cheek and my head was on his shoulder as he ran his fingers through my hair." She looks down.

"He never does that to me," Kyungsoo says.

"But he'll do anything for you. He'd give the world for you but not for me. So do me a favour and go back to him."

“I don’t know, Soojung. I don’t think I can.”

“Stop the bull Kyungsoo; you’re not even over the guy.” Yuri says.

“Nonetheless, I’m not forcing you.” Soojung says.

“I need to leave,” Kyungsoo collects her things and stands up.

“Sure, go ahead and run away from facing your problems.” Yuri says.

Kyungsoo just stares at Yuri for a second before she dashed out of the coffee shop. Kyungsoo walks in sneakers from the coffee shop and to the post office, along the way, everything Soojung told her keeps replaying in her head. Should she go back to Jongin? How can she face Jongin again? All these thoughts that runs through her head causes her to be home in no time after posting the mails, hugging her knees while she sits on her bed, thinking.

“Do you want some?” Baekhyun pushes her plate to Sehun.

“Are you sure?” Sehun looks at her.

“Yea, I’m losing my appetite.” Baekhyun frowns.

“Do you want mine then?” Baekhyun shakes her head.

“Eat for me, my little one!” She pats his head.

“I’m not your kids.” Sehun frowns.

Baekhyun glares at him, and he slowly starts eating like the good boy he actually is.

“You need me to find fresh flower suppliers. So shut up and listen to me.” Baekhyun hisses.

“Yes, madam.”

 

 

“You’re joking right?” Joonmyeon looks at Luhan with a subtle anger in her eyes.

“No,” Luhan whimpers.

“I beg you don’t you dare, do what you usually do when this happens.”Joonmyeon sighs.

“But, I can’t be balancing two important things. You know me; I can’t keep my together!” Luhan says.

“You’re damn right, but please don’t do this to Sehun.”

“I have to leave sooner or later Joon; I don’t want to have a long distance relationship. I don’t think I can handle that.” Luhan says.

“Don’t you dare hurt him, Lu; you’re an idiot if you say he doesn’t love you.” Joonmyeon yells.

“I do know that he loves me and I love him.”

“No you don’t, if you did, you would have told him sooner.” She says.

“He knows too but not exactly when.” Luhan says.

“You say you’re leaving for China in what, 3 weeks time?” Joonmyeon scoffs.

“How the hell is he going to feel about this?”

“That’s why I’m planning to just-” Joonmyeon stops her.

“You know what; you deal with it on your own. I’m not up for this .” Joonmyeon sighs.

“I’m leaving.” Luhan watches as Joonmyeon leave her apartment.


Hope you like this chapter as usual, please comment down below. Hit that subs button if you like it and I'll see ya guys on the next update!