Chapter 22

Douce-Amère

Yifan pulls Tao closer to him as they look at the wedding magazines with a piece of paper to list out and plan out their wedding and the needs and maybe if they are sure about it, the venue.

“So, private or public? And by public I mean media is invited.” Tao looks at him when he asks her.

“Private, of course, it’s too much hassle with media. Only and friends, and whoever is invited.” Tao flips the magazine.

“Great, we’re on the same page,” Yifan gives her a peck on the nose.

How should we do it?” They flip through pages and pages of the magazines that contains a pictorial of very extravagant settings and dresses.

A male model lifting the female model bridal style, with roses on the floor and the altar at the back. The main focus was of course the bride, displaying the white dress that probably costs a lot and the earring.

“Knowing dad, he would want his precious daughter to have a grand wedding, you know, but I don’t really mind. Having an extravagant wedding isn’t my dream, although it’s just once in a life. What I do mind is the dress. I still need the dream dress.” Tao grins.

“And you’ll obviously get the dream dress,” Yifan buries his face in her hair.

“How big though? How many people?” Tao closes the magazine.

“About a 100?” Yifan props his chin on his hand, elbows on the desk.

They stare at each other, wedding planning is hard when you don’t really know what you want. They know that they need help, “Let’s just go to wedding planner, it’s easier.”

“And ask my parent, and yours. If they agree on a small wedding.” Tao chuckles when Yifan clasps their hand together.

“They’ll probably agree,”

“Probably.”

“Okay, maybe not your dad.”

“I’ll convince him, don’t worry babe.”

“Of course you will, you’re his little girl.”

“And you’re they guy who plans to steal her with a small wedding.”

 

 

About a month ago Baekhyun came to him, they were together again. And this time Baekhyun is really pregnant. He finally got a break from work, which was starting to not fit with him, the people is great and all they are kind and he may be a chocolatier but he was starting to miss the things he would usually do in Sehun’s café. Playing with chocolates made him bored quickly. So he plans to finish the 3 months he was offered and then come back her, where he should be. Just one more month. But for today all he is planning to do is get a cup of coffee and then head to Joonmyeon’s house. Her usual weekly gathering he guessed, apparently they are going to watch a summer festival too but through the TV of course.

Chanyeol is back in Korea for a week or so, mostly to check up on Baekhyun and for a holiday that he will spend with Baekhyun, taking care of her of course. She never mentioned her morning sickness but he guessed it would be hard on her either way.

Chanyeol smiles at the cashier and takes his drink, he was about to walk out and leave when he sees Baekbeom stepping into the café, their eyes meet and Chanyeol bows slightly to the older male. Baekbeom gives him a stiff smile and walks to him.

“Do you have some time on your hands?” Baekbeom looks at Chanyeol from top to bottom.

“Yes, I do. Not much since I have plan but it can wait a little bit.” He nods.

“Great, wait for me at that table outside. It won’t take long.” Chanyeol looks at the empty table Baekbeom is pointing at outside the café.

 

He sips his drink nervously while waiting for Baekbeom, he texts Baekhyun that he’ll be a bit late but he doesn’t tell her that Baekbeom is here, wanting to talk to him. It is probably going to be a serious talk between them, as if they had any chummy chat before. It has been all serious talk between them and Chanyeol doesn’t condemn that. Sure, he is nervous as hell every time but he can’t really avoid it since this talk is already bound to happen and he rather it be now than any later. Baekbeom then comes out of the café with a drink in his hand, his face stiff and jaws locked.

He sits in front of Chanyeol, “How are things?”

“It’s fine, everything going great,” The air between them is a little tense, Baekbeom sighs.

“Except that I can’t be there for her.” Chanyeol smiles but the corner of his lips were going down.

“Look, I’m sorry for being really harsh on you for all these years.” Baekbeom runs his fingers through his hair.

Chanyeol looks up the male, he didn’t see the apology coming.

“It’s just that she’s my baby sister, you’ll understand if you had one.” Baekbeom smiles softly.

Chanyeol chuckles, “I know what you mean actually, Baekhyun, she’s just that precious.” Baekbeom stares at Chanyeol, and he takes it as a green light for him to go on talking.

“She makes you want to wrap her in a bubble wrap so she doesn’t get hurt at all. And when she gets angry, her sass goes on full blast and she cries when things are unfair and not because she’s sad. Well she does cry when she’s sad but god forbid people know that. You’ll die by her hands. And I swear that’s the cutest thing ever.” Chanyeol doesn’t realize it but Baekbeom does, he sees how Chanyeol’s grin grows bigger and bigger and his eyes fills with affection when he is talking about Baekhyun.

“Park Chanyeol,” Chanyeol looks straight at Baekbeom who is looking at him with a serious look but at the same time soft.

“Break her heart once more, I’ll break your neck.” It’s an empty threat, Baekbeom knows it.

“Yes, Sir.”

“Take care of her for me, you know her. She’s a little, what do you call it?”

“Impulsive,”

“Yeah that.”

 

Luhan sat in her chair while everyone around her is fussing to get her ready and she’s there just staring at the mirror. Pathetic she scoffs at herself. She was the one who broke it off and she’s the one regretting. Maybe she was stupid by doing so, the rumours died down but her feelings are still in her stupid heart, those stupid feeling for Oh Sehun.

Sehun.

 

“Okay you’re up,” The stage manager says to Luhan and the mic is handed to her.

As she walks to the stage, she puts on her in ear, getting ready to face the crowd that is cheering loudly for her. Time to put on her professional face on, she waves and smiles brightly. It’s summer and naturally she’s invited to perform. She greets the crowd and reaches back to adjust her mic. Summer festivals are fun to perform at because after her stage she can enjoy the other performances. Right after she greet the crowd, the music starts and she gets into position, god why did they give her a skirt to perform in. It seems ridicules but she pushes that thought away and performs ‘That Good Good’, after that is ‘Our Song’ a sweet song after all that hard dancing.

The last song, a cover.

“Okay, I need a moment, did you like it?” Luhan giggles as she asks the crowd.

The crowd roars, guess the like it but she thinks otherwise.

“The next song is the last song, it’s a song from the wonderful Miss Ariana Grande, One Last Time.” Luhan takes a deep breath.

She turns around and waits for the music to start, her hands reached for her necklace, it’s missing a part of it. She brings it up to her lips and kisses it lightly and turns around once the music starts playing.

“Are you hearing this Sehun? It’s for you.” Her necklace dangles from her neck and those unspoken words play in her head as she sings.

 

She’s gasping for air after singing her whole heart out with this song, hoping somehow this song would reach Sehun and let him know that she’s a coward. And that she is still stupidly in love with him. But that’s most unlikely to happen.

 

“Yeol! What took you so long?” Chanyeol is attacked with a hug from Baekhyun when he walks into Joonmyeon’s living room.

They were already watching the summer festival. Sehun hogging the popcorn bowl and boring eyes at the TV. How is that kid anyway?

“Nothing,” Chanyeol pats her head.

“Hey hyung,” Jongin calls out without looking at the older.

“Hey,” Chanyeol holds Baekhyun’s hand.

Baekhyun smiles sweetly at him.

 

Sehun look at the TV, mouth chewing the popcorn that taste tasteless to him. Sehun isn’t feeling too good today, and everyone could see it. His necklace is tucked in his shirt, he doesn’t want anyone to see it and know that it is his and Luhan’s special necklace. She might have thrown it, he smirked. Should he just let her go? Find another girl and erase Luhan just like that?

Is that even possible?

 

He continues to watch the summer festival with little expression, the music is nice but he wasn’t feeling it. Yixing is singing along to some songs while the others were half watching, half talking. No one was really focusing on the TV except Sehun. Jongin is texting Kyungsoo, they’re getting somewhere with their relationship (that both stresses that it’s just friends but Sehun knows better). Sehun groans and leans against Jongin and peeks at his phone and gets a nudge from the boy.

“What are you guys talking about?” Sehun pouts.

“None of your business,” Jongin closes his phone and keeps it in his pocket.

“Boo,” Sehun says.

“Are you five?” Jongin frowns and grabs a handful of popcorn.

“No, I’m four.” Sehun says.

Jongin rolls his eyes and scoff, “Whatever,”

Sehun laughs and nudges Jongin playfully.

“Hey,” Jongin starts to whisper and everyone turns to look at the TV.

 

Sehun turns at the TV. Luhan.

Throughout her performance everyone stared at her and maybe even glances at Sehun who’s eyes won’t leave the screen. When she stopped performing and is talking to the crowds, Joonmyeon reaches for the remote.

“Don’t change the channel.” Sehun says and Joonmyeon stops.

 

 “The next song is the last song, it’s a song from the wonderful Miss Ariana Grande, One Last Time.”

“Sehun, you don’t have to watch this.” Baekhyun says.

“I want to look at her, let me look at her.” Luhan on the screen turns around and fixes her hair.

Sehun’s hand starts to pull out the necklace and it that moment, she turns around, the other half falls from being held up to her lips and dangles around her neck. Sehun covers his face, . Is he really crying?

“I gave her that,” Sehun whispers.

He removes his hand, wiping away the water in his eyes and look at her sing her heart out. Was she reaching out for him? No, that can’t be. Can it?

 

Joonmyeon pulls away from Yixing and seats in between Sehun and Jongin. She holds his hand, “She might hate me for giving you this but, I’m not letting both of you be this stupid.” Joonmyeon says.

Sehun just stares at Joonmyeon.

“Call this number and tell him who you are, and then get on a plane to China. Don’t make me drag you on the plane. I will do it if I have to.”

“B-But,” Sehun sniffles.

“No but Sehun. Follow me, we’ll talk in private.” Joonmyeon pulls him up.

They two of them then walk to the garden.

“Let them be, I know why she’s doing this.” Yixing smiles at his girlfriend’s effort just to make sure her best friend and her loveable younger brother is happy.

“I heard her talking to Luhan.”

 

Sehun sits on the chair, Joonmyeon across of him.

“I managed to get in contact with her,” Sehun looks at her with wide eyes.

“And?” Sehun dare ask.

“God Sehun, she sounded so broken.”

“Why should she? She was the one who left.” Sehun chuckles but it sounded painful.

“She has this tendency to pull out when she feels it’s getting to serious. Commitment issues you see.” Joonmyeon sighs.

“She never told me,” Sehun shrugs.

“Like I say commitment issues so she doesn’t really tell anyone things.” Joonmyeon says.

“So I want you to get her back, alright. For you and for her.”

“Alright, give me that number.” 


Heeeeeeeeeyyyyy~ been about a month since I updated QAQ Sorry and O.O Thank you for the amount of subscribe. I really really really didn't expect that amount so thank you thank you! :) So um, idc if you guys can tell but this story is coming to an end QAQ yes, it's ending soon. SOON (probably take me another month but I promise I'll finish it.) So anyways I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! If you think you wanna keep reading then hit that subscribe button, comments are looooooved ! :D Until next time.