Final

Douce-Amère

“Goodnight, have a good rest.” Hao stops the car.

“You’re not coming up?” Luhan takes her bags, she is now allowed to go back to her apartment.

“No, I still have a few things to settle before I can rest.”

“Alright, goodnight,” Luhan gets off the car and walks into the lobby.

She rides the elevator up to her apartment, half missing it and half not really caring about whatever is happening around her. She just wants to sleep after a hard few days. The elevator door opens and she walks out with her bags in hand, with a sigh she pushes in the codes to her apartment and opens the door. Her grasps on her bag loosen causing the bag to fall. The same hand covers .

There a familiar face sat on the floor at the front of her door.

“Hi Luhan,” He sounds so broken.

“Sehun,” She walks to him.

“I’m so sorry.” She starts to cry.

Sehun shakes his head and stands up, he pulls her into his arms. Missing the feeling of her in his arms, “Don’t ever do that again, don’t leave me.” Sehun holds her tight in his arms.

“I’m so sorry,” Luhan cries harder into his shoulder.

Sehun looks up trying to stops his own tears but it’s too late, a few tears manage to slip out of the corner of his eyes. They pull away from each other but still so close to each other. Luhan places her hands on his face, holding it softly while she takes the sight of him in his most vulnerable state. All because Luhan loved her career more.

“Let’s stop crying now,” Sehun presses a kiss on each of her wet cheeks.

“Yeah,” Luhan nods and wipes Sehun’s stray tears with a small laugh.

“I have a lot of explaining to do,” Luhan smiles bitterly.

“That can wait, don’t think about it tonight. I just want to hold you tonight.” Sehun leans down to capture her lips.

Luhan breaths in the scent of Sehun as she kisses him back while her arms around his neck, she pulls away, “No, I want to talk about it, please.”

“We need to get this out of the way, I don’t want this to be a reason that we have a fight in the future.” Luhan shakes her head.

“I don’t want to lose you.”

“Alright, Alright, we’ll talk about it,” Sehun nods and holds her again.

 

 

“Do you think he’ll be okay? Will he work things out with her?” Jongin solemnly asks Kyungsoo.

“I think he will, I mean sure he is a little bit immature when he is with you but, he is at the same time mature enough to run a business this big.” Kyungsoo say but then open to say something else.

“But then again, love and business is two different things. Emotion and logic doesn’t really mix well but is needed.” She sighs.

“You get what I mean now don’t you.” Jongin collects the now empty mugs of hot chocolate and walks to the sink.

He places them down into the sink and turns on the tap, “When Sehun told me she left, I honestly thought he deserved someone better, some girl that would stay rather than leave.”

Kyungsoo turns to look at Jongin who is still standing at the sink, the tap now closed, “But then, I realised, Luhan was the girl for him. No other girl could understand Sehun better than Luhan.”

“You see some girls needs the constant attention and regular dates and call from their man but Sehun doesn’t like that no, maybe a few calls here and there wouldn’t hurt and a few visits won’t hurt too but the girls that had to have him always. He didn’t like those girls, he tried.” Jongin leans on the wall.

“They all didn’t work, making him choose work or them, and to Sehun if someone made him choose. He wouldn’t choose them. And Luhan came rolling in, she settled for calls, and was fine with short calls and maybe no calls at all. Surprise visits were fine too.” Kyungsoo gets up and walks to Jongin.

“They matched, Sehun fell hard for her.” Kyungsoo takes a hold of his hand.

“And she loves him too, Jongin. Trust me, she does.”

“I hope they do realise that.”

“Me too, if not, they would be the most stupid people to not realise it.”

“And we would be second to them.”

“I don’t mind being second is this case.”

Jongin smiles like an idiot Kyungsoo thinks. Kyungsoo tip toes just to wrap her arms around his neck. Jongin holds her by the waist.

“You know, Sehun really is lucky to have a friend like you.”

“Come on now, get your coat. We have a movie to go to.”

 

 

They sat on the couch with Luhan on top of Sehun, his arms around her waist and she had her ears on his chest.

“How did you get here?” Luhan asks.

“By plane of course,” Sehun cracks a smile.

“You know that’s not what I mean,” Luhan whispers.

“Joonmyeon noona forced me to contact Hao and surprisingly he right away gave me your location after knowing who I was and told me that I had to come.” Sehun explains.

“I left the café in Yixing’s hand since I can’t make Baekhyun noona in charge with her growing belly.” Sehun runs his fingers through Luhan’s hair.

“Then I rushed here,” She sighs.

“Come on stop sighing, now tell me, why did you run away?” Sehun says.

“I ran away because I wasn’t sure if I could keep this relationship going with my career.”

“Maybe I loved my career more,”

“If so, can I change that?” Luhan sits up.

“How so?” She looks at him.

“I’ll make you love me more, J-Joonmyeon noona told me about the commitment issues. But you know a relationship isn’t built easily, it’s not always rainbow and sunshine. We are going to have fights and things are going to be hard for us but I don’t want you to give up on us.” Their faces were inches apart.

Luhan nods, “Alright, I’ll try my best to not give up but in return you have to be patient with me. I have my fears,” Luhan cups his face.

“We all have our fears but we have to face them someday but I want you to know you’re not alone, alright baby. You got me.” Sehun hugs her.

 

The next morning Luhan wakes up in bed with Sehun, she didn’t want to leave bed and guessed if Sehun is awake he’d probably agreed with her. So she stayed in, Sehun is still sleeping due to the long flight he took while Luhan holds him close, humming softly. Hao texted her saying she had no other schedule other than a meeting with the president and she was told to bring Sehun along, she knows what is coming. Sehun stirs in his sleep and scoots closer to her. She is terrified of what is to come.

 

“A meeting,” Sehun stares at his coffee.

“I don’t know Hun, maybe they could ask us to end things or they would like to reveal it to the press,” Luhan walks around restless.

“Luhan, you have to calm down.” Sehun puts down his mug and gets up.

“How can I? I don’t want to lose you when were just made up again. I’m so stupid, I shouldn’t have left in the first place.” Luhan stops when Sehun stands in front of her.

“Everything is going to be alright, trust me. We will work it out together,” Sehun says.

“Alright, together.” Luhan takes a deep breaths and calms herself down.

 

And so the two of them gets ready to leave the apartment at noon that day. They were greeted by Hao and a company car. They ride the company car to the company with Hao in the car but he isn’t the one driving. Luhan looks out the window the whole time they were in the car. Sehun is worried about what would become of them but he doesn’t let it show, it was enough that Luhan is stressed over it. They enter an underground parking in central city after driving for half an hour and is brought up to the company building secretly. They sat in a conference room waiting for the president to come. And when he did Sehun holds Luhan’s hand tight the whole time. They talked for hours and hours. They voice out that they would like to stay together no matter what. And the president argued that he didn’t want that. Luhan then defended that he couldn’t do that because he didn’t have the right to tell her no as that was not in the contract. The president couldn’t fight anymore so they left it at that and then the meeting ended like that.

They agreed to not release any statement and that is would be a secret until they got caught only then they would come out officially. The couple then left for the comfort and security of her apartment where they spent what is left of the day with each other.

 

“How are you two? He’s been there for almost two weeks now.” Joonmyeon calls Luhan one night.

“We are fine actually, just staying out of the media’s eye. We don’t want to be caught again.” She can hear Luhan sighing.

“Well I hope you do stay out of the media’s eyes.” Joonmyeon says.

“Thank you, babe, how are things with Yixing?” Luhan changes the topic.

Joonmyeon lies down on her bed, “Well we’re both busy as always. And you know what he decided to do with his hair?”

“What did he do now that is causing you to have a hard time breathing right?”

“He dyed it blond. And he looks so good I’m going to cry.” Joonmyeon says.

“Well, you cry then. You’re stuck with it until it turns back to black or brunette so you should probably go cry right now.”

Joonmyeon groans, “I have to go now. Bye Lulu.”

“Bye Joon, enjoy crying your eyes out.” Luhan laughs.

 

Joonmyeon places her phone on her bedside and lies down on her bed, the door opens and Yixing walks in with a tired smile. They haven’t been able to see each other much because of work. And when they do they are mostly tired and end up falling sleep on the bed without a word and when the morning comes Yixing already left for work, but of course without a kiss on her forehead first.

“Come,” Joonmyeon opens her arms up.

“Hold on,” Yixing s his dress shirt and then joins his girlfriend on her bed.

“How was work?” Joonmyeon places a hand on his face.

Yixing shrugs, “Fine, it went as usual just that Baekhyun had a hard time again, she still has morning sickness. Even if it was at noon.”

“Man, she’s a strong girl.” Joonmyeon says.

“Preparation on being a mom I guess.”

They fall silent for a moment.

“Chanyeol is going to marry her soon.” Yixing whispers.

“That’s good,” Joonmyeon looks away from Yixing.

“Baby, look at me.” Yixing puts his index finger and thumb on her chin.

“I just wished you were there, he brought up everything about our failed engagement.” Joonmyeon sighs.

“I’m sorry, I wished I was there too. Do you want me to beat him up?” Yixing kisses her forehead.

“Let’s just forget him, Changmin isn’t worth the time and problem he could cause.” Joonmyeon shakes her head.

“Alright, so how do I make it up to you sweet heart?” Yixing pulls her closer.

“Stay until I wake up tomorrow.”

“Alright,”

 

Luhan and Sehun’s secret were short lived, they were extra careful and didn’t leave the house that much but still they were caught by the media and statements were released. Luhan had a taught time again. Media stayed around her apartment complex, making it hard for her to leave the apartment and mostly trapping Sehun inside. Articles and more articles were published as the day goes by. Sehun watches as Luhan grow more and more stressed and it seems everyone was only talking about them.

“Lu, stop. Turn off the TV.” Sehun sighs, yet another report on them.

“You’re right, this doesn’t change or make anything better.” Luhan turns off the TV.

 

Her apartment goes quiet then, they didn’t say anything but the noises from below is heard, Luhan knows she has to escape again. And with Sehun having to return to Korea it will be hard on her to go through this alone. Sehun didn’t want to leave at a time like this but he can’t stay here for too long. So Luhan watches as Sehun packs his bag for the flight Hao had pre-booked for the male. The both of them wonder if they would be able to reach the airport and have an ounce of privacy before having to separate ways for who knows how long.

“What’s wrong honey?” Sehun looks up after he zips up his bag.

“I don’t want you to leave.” Luhan whispers.

Sehun smiles and apologetic smile, “Me neither but I have responsibilities and well we both do.”

Luhan nods, “I know but,” She sighs.

“I want to be selfish again and keep you away from it.”

Sehun chuckles and hugs Luhan tight, “Me too Lu, but we all know we can’t do that can we?”

“We can’t.”

“But what we can do is call, text, skype and heck I’ll come back in a month? You can handle that right baby?” Sehun cups her face.

“I’ll try my best, for us.”

“For us.”

 

So the next day, they wrestled their way to the airport and sadly Luhan couldn’t see him off in the airport just outside the airport entrance and they were lucky not many journalists were there and they could have a semi proper goodbye.

“I’ll see you soon,” Sehun says.

“Call me when you get home.” Luhan nods.

“Come here,” Sehun pulls her into a hug and a quick kiss.

“Be strong, they can’t hurt you alright.” Sehun says.

Luhan nods, “They can’t hurt me and you.”

 

It was sickening for Luhan how the media played her relationship with Sehun around. It was manufactured and made to sell. But Luhan couldn’t say anything, it would bring more bad than good. So Luhan is forced to just watch how media makes money by using her relationship.

 

The two of them keep in contact often, even to the point to forget sleep just to see each other’s face through the computer screen. Sehun could see how stressed Luhan is and even though he wanted to mentioned it, he did not. It would just make her weaker. So Sehun only focus on making her smile. Even if it means he would have to sacrifice things. 

“I have a red carpet appearance soon, why don’t you join me?” Luhan ask.

“You sure?” Sehun sips his coffee and puts on his glasses.

“Very sure, I get work done and I get to see you so why not.”

 

So Sehun agreed to join her. A week later he flies to China again, this time he had little time to spend time with Luhan as when he arrived, he was brought to a suit fitting and only then he was allowed to go to her apartment, which is empty. Luhan isn’t back yet, Hao mentioned that she might be home late as she had things to settle before the award show. And he had a chat with Hao, who mentioned that Luhan is in a very stressed state, she hasn’t been sleeping well and keep losing her appetite. She lost some weight due to the stress she had. Sehun was worried this would happen and the worse is her collapsing on the red carpet, Sehun sure hopes he didn’t jinx it.

 

And maybe he did.

 

They walked down the red carpet, Sehun is clearly unused to it but Luhan guided him through it. She looks beautiful as usual. She wore a black long dress, she smiled as if nothing was wrong, but Sehun knows otherwise. So he sticks by her and holds her by the waist because even if no one could see it, he sees that she is trembling as she walked down the carpet. After a short interview where Luhan and Sehun tried to answer as quick and not reveal too much details about themselves. And as they were walking away, Sehun’s fears comes true. Luhan fainted, right there in front of him on the red carpet. The situation is a mess but Sehun tries to handle it well by asking the staffs to contact and ambulance as he lifts her up and away from the carpet and into the backstage where he waits for the ambulance with Hao who is also panicking and he got in when it arrives.

It was due to severe stress. She was hospitalised for 3 weeks under the doctor’s order as they needed to make sure she was healthy in physical and mental. She lost so much weight and the stress took a huge toll on her body. She couldn’t say no and the company president gave her a long holiday again, can’t have his golden girl sick. Jongin contacted Sehun saying that they heard about the news and tell him to stay with her until she got better and he did just that. He refuses to let her check the news or any source of media to avoid any more stress. Sure they had a little fight because of it but it was all for her so Sehun didn’t mind and Luhan complied in the end she is tired anyway.

The day she got released, after taking her home as the doctor said she still needed rest. Sehun planned on taking her to the beach within this week as a reward for staying at the hospital and going through the treatment without much fuss and the horrible 3 weeks she had to stay in. But when Sehun was about to bring it up Luhan walks to Sehun who is sitting on the couch with a card in her hand.

“What’s that?” Sehun asks her.

Luhan smiles and slip the card open as she sits beside him, “Invitation to the wedding of Wu Yifan and Huang Zitao.”

“Hey they finally got the cards out, it was horrible seeing her stress over the wedding.” Sehun smiles.

“Let’s go, it’s in three days.” Luhan closes the card and place it on the table.

“You sure? I don’t want you to faint again,” Sehun pulls her close.

“It’s a happy occasion! And media won’t be around. I’ll be fine.” Luhan nods.

“Okay then, we’ll go.” Sehun kisses her cheeks.

 

The next day Sehun contacted Tao and then finds out that the invitation also came with keys to a hotel room where the wedding is going to take place so the couple headed to the place and see familiar faces. The three days pass quickly as they spent time with the couple that is currently forced to be separated from each other and Sehun hangs out with the boys, everyone is here as in been flown to China courtesy of Wu Yifan.

“Sehun, can I talk to you?” Jongin pulls Sehun away from the gang and they went somewhere quiet.

“What is it?” Sehun leans against the wall.

“How is she?” Jongin asks.

“She says she’s fine but I don’t know, she needs more time and space. I want to take her away.” Sehun sighs.

Jongin pulls a set of keys out, “That’s why you asked for these. Are you sure you want go there?”

“Where else could I go but there? I’ll be back when it’s right and I put you and Yixing in charge, I trust the both of you to do whatever is needed to keep it alive.” Sehun takes the keys.

“Take care brother,”

“I know I’m being selfish and unprofessional.” Sehun runs his fingers through his hair.

“A girl like her doesn’t come by often so don’t miss her.”

 

The wedding happens glamorously yet is still simple, Luhan half guessed it but it does show the effort the two love birds put into to make their own wedding everything they dreamed of. And Yifan looks charming in his tuxedo and hair slicked back, but even a top class actor can’t shake off the wedding nerves.

“Look at him all nervous,” Luhan giggles and looks at Tao, who is mirroring her soon to be husband.

Tao lets a nervous laugh and hold tight onto her father’s arm.

“You’re going to be fine,” Her father gives her a tight squeeze on her hand.

Tao was tearing up a little, she holds his hand tight and smiles at him, “I love you, daddy.” She says.

“You’ll always be my baby panda,” She giggles.

“Always.”

 

Yifan is sweating buckets when the door opens and the bridesmaid come walking out one by one before the music –courtesy of Yixing – starts playing and he sees her in her dress, she looked everywhere for it, a lace mermaid wedding dress with sleeves. Her hair is back to brunette for the wedding and she trimmed it.

He takes a step forward and waits as she walks down the aisle with a smile. He reaches his hand forward when she is in in front of him, she hugs her father one more time and the man hands Tao’s hand to him with simple words, “Take care of her son, just like how you’ve been doing all this while.”

“I will, don’t worry about it father.”

With Tao beside him they walk up together. They exchange their vows; both their mothers were crying when Yifan slips the wedding ring onto Tao’s fourth finger.

“You may kiss the bride.”

With those words, flowers fly in the air as the newlyweds walk down the aisle hand in hand. The dinner progressed perfectly and beautifully, sappy toast from the family and best man. All in all, everything is perfect. It was midnight when the ceremony ended. Everyone who stayed in the hotel retreated into their respective room and settled in for the night.

Chanyeol got the bouquet, that was an amazing topic to talk about with the girls, Luhan smiles remembering the talk and she made a new friend, Kim Minseok. She has heard of her name before as she is a director but took a long break after getting married.

 

The next morning Luhan and Sehun headed to the nearby beach. Luhan wrapped up with a shawl on her shoulder the two walks on the beach.

“I was worried about you,” Sehun hugs her waist tightly to keep her warm from the wind.

“I’m sorry,” Her nose nuzzled against his neck.

“Don’t be, you shouldn’t even be experiencing all this. Stupid media.” A rock flies into the water and sinks and a frown form on the male’s forehead.

She takes his hand and wrap it around her tighter as she presses her back into his chest even more, “Just hold me and forget about them.”

She feels his chest vibrate and the cheerful sound of that laughter leaves his lips before a kiss is given to the side of her head. She turns around and kisses him softly.

She whispers against his lips, “Let’s get out of here, away from the camera and away from everyone.”

“Somewhere no one knows who we are.” 


;~; This is it. The last chapter. Thank you for the support you all have been giving me through out this whole fic, I seriously didn't expect this many subs and comments XD So thank you. Thank you for being patient with me. I hope you enjoyed this story and I hope the ending wasn't rushed. ._. anyway thank you again! See you in another fic. P.S. there's an epilouge. When? Idk. *gets bricked*