Chapter 11

Douce-Amère

“You can stop massaging my feet now,” Minseok yawns.

“Are you sure? You said your feet have been hurting a lot.” Jongdae looks at his wife.

“Yeah, its feeling better now, thank you Jongdae.” Minseok nods.

Jongdae crawls further on the bed to his wife, sitting closer to her. Minseok leans against him, as he put his hand on her stomach.

“Is it getting uncomfortable again?” Jongdae asks/

“Not yet,” Minseok yawns again.

“Just tell me if you need your pillow,” Jongdae press a kiss at the side of her head.

“Christmas is around the corner, what are we going to get those mischievous kids of ours?”

“I don’t think they need more toys.” Jongdae shrugs.

“Are you sure? They might pull a Jongdae on you.” Minseok glances at him.

“More reason to be proud of them!” Minseok just shakes her head at her husband’s behaviour.

“You should sleep, it’s getting late,” Jongdae whispers.

“It’s still early!” Minseok pouts.

“No, you have to sleep!” Jongdae turns off the lights.

As usual Minseok drifts to sleep to Jongdae’s soft singing. That’s the benefit of having a husband that is a singer, although he can be a bit immature at times.

 

“Where were you?” Jongin enters his apartment and heard her voice.

“I finished work and had dinner, why are you here?” Jongin says nonchalantly.

“Jongin, we are getting married in less than two weeks! Why are you being like this?” Soojung yells.

“Being like what? I’m just like the usual me,” Jongin shrugs.

“Why are you being so immature?” Soojung sighs.

“Why are you being naive and why are you always coming here without my permission?” Jongin shrugs off his coat.

“Isn’t this going to be out home? So why does it matter if I come here?” Soojung’s voice cracks.

Jongin stares at her, he was expecting her to go all angry and scary but she isn’t.

“No, our home doesn’t exist.”

Jongin watch as Soojung left his apartment in tears but does nothing at all. Instead he goes for a shower and calls up Kyungsoo.

 

Soojung enters her apartment with puffy eyes. She thought she was alone in the apartment until, “Soojung,” she sees her sister.

“Unnie,” She gasps.

“Why are your eyes puffy?” Jessica frowns.

“It’s nothing,”

“It’s Jongin isn’t it?” Her sister snorts.

“It’s just a little fight.”

“Soojung, don’t be naive,” Jessica shakes her head.

“I’m not,” Her voice went up to a higher pitch.

“I don’t get why mom is still on this, even his mother should know better.” Jessica says.

“Unnie don’t meddle in things that concern me and Jongin. You don’t know a thing about us.” Soojung walks away from her sister.

“I don’t need to know anything about you guys to be able to see that he will never and doesn’t love you.” Jessica yells.

“So give it up already.”

Soojung stops and turns to Jessica.

“How could you say that?”

“You should know since you know him well, stop being naive Soojung.”

 

“Babe, are you still awake?” Yifan whispers.

“Yeah, what’s wrong?” Tao answers.

“I got a call from the management earlier today. My boss is coming down to Korea to meet up with me after Christmas.” Yifan says.

“Are you going to start a new movie again?” Tao sighs.

When Yifan was about to answer he hears Tao sighing again, she shifts a bit further away from him with her back facing him.

“Let’s talk about it tomorrow I’m really tired.” She whispers.

Yifan also turns his back to her and wills sleep to get him.

 

Luhan stretches her arms and sit up with her eyes half open. She drops her arms onto the covers; wait, why is she on her bed when she fell asleep on the couch? She looks to her side and its empty, looks down, still fully clothed so she shrugs and goes to the bathroom to wash up. She walks out after that and sees a note placed underneath her phone.

She takes and reads it,

 “Good morning, I’m sorry that I left without telling you but it’s like 3 am and I’m not going to wake you up, you were sleeping so soundly. Don’t worry, I just tucked you in, I did nothing. Anyway, I’ll call you later tonight, thank you for last night, cause you’ll read it in the morning.”

Luhan laughs when she turns the paper around and sees that it is written on the back of a receipt from a wholesale baking material store.

She looks at the clock; it’s still early for the shop to be opened. She takes her phone and texts him, “Good morning, read the note or you could say receipt.”

“Good morning to you too, glad you did read it, even if it was a piece of receipt.” Sehun texts back.

Luhan puts her phone away and goes to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee.

 

“Hey, Sehun, I need the receipt to yesterday’s stock up.” Yixing says.

“That receipt,” Sehun stops talking and slaps his face.

“I don’t know what you did to that receipt but I want it by tomorrow and you’re coming with us tonight right?” Yixing looks at him.

“Tonight, yeah, I’m coming.” Sehun nods.

“Is she here?” Sehun asks Tao.

“No, I went to her house yesterday. She won’t open the door.” Tao sighs.

“Why didn’t kick the door? She’s the type of girl that wouldn’t let you see her crying even when she needs someone with her.” Jongin sighs.

“I did threaten her with that but she pleaded, I never heard her like that before.” Tao says.

“I’m thinking of closing the shop for a few weeks.” Sehun says.

“Are you sure? We just got our stocks yesterday.” Yixing frowns.

“I mean, we’re lacking people with Chanyeol hyung gone and Baek noona needing time. Obviously, the cakes are off the menus because most of it is Baek noona’s specialty.” Sehun says.

“But I thought we got two weeks’ worth of supply, I don’t think I would be that hard to use it up.” Jongin says.

“We don’t need to finish everything, just the chocolates. I don’t like to store them for too long.” Sehun says.

“When are we closing?” Tao asks.

“The Christmas week, we’ll reopen after new year.” Sehun says.

“So, this week is the last week,” Yixing nods.

 

After that they got busy, baking and making fresh batches of pastries. Sehun just hopes Baekhyun bounces back quickly, that girl is a tough cookie. Well, he isn’t that sure if she is a tough cookie when it comes to the topic of Chanyeol but he trusts her to come back soon.

Well, Sehun was wrong about her being a tough cookie when it comes to Chanyeol, she is the total opposite.

 

Tao parks her car after a long day at work; seriously, with Baekhyun gone the effect is felt on everyone. Not that she blames the girl but she misses the girl. It’s quiet without her; if she was there it would be much livelier. But just like everyone else they were hoping for her return soon.

Tao picks up the call from Minseok as she enters her apartment which apparently is empty. She kicks off her shoes and sighs.

“Hey,” Tao sighs.

“What’s with the sigh?” Minseok says over the phone.

“Long day at work, come home to find it empty.” Tao mutters.

“Anyway why did you call?”

“Tao, can you make me some buns? Like the ones you made before?” She can hear the pout in Minseok’s voice.

“But, I at making them.”

“I want them badly, please Tao.” And the cutesy card is pulled out.

“Remember how I burned most of them the time I made it for you guys?”

“I don’t care, I want them.”

“Alright, I’ll try making them again.” Tao raises the white flag.

“Thank you so much!” Minseok practically squeals into the phone.

“No problem, Unnie. Well, I’m going to go now.” Tao says.

“Alright, get some rest.” Minseok says before she hangs up.

Tao throws her phone on the couch, she sighs. Well, she should get ready to be alone for the months to come.

 

“So what did you want to show me?” Sehun throws his jacket on the floor of the dance studio.

“We did a new choreography,” Jongin says while stretching.

Yixing is already on the floor, stretching. Sehun and Jongin join his with the stretching.

“Okay, cool, show me then. After that do you want to Two Moons and Run & Gun?” Sehun asks.

“Sure, I might show you Summer Love too.” Yixing says.

Sehun nods. Once the music starts playing, Yixing and Jongin were like beasts on the dancing floor. They were excellent dancers, enough to make female watcher faint because of the hotness, as they say. But this two doesn’t do it nowadays, back when they were still student they were known as Lay and Kai.

Now, they are just Yixing and Jongin. Sehun is Sehun, nothing really changed since then. And so they continue dancing and eventually Sehun joins the two in one of the choreography. Who knows when they would stop because when they dance there is nothing that can stop them.

“Are you sure you don’t want to take a break?” Yixing smirks at Sehun.

“Yeah, I just want to try this again.” Sehun wipes his sweat and turns on the song.

This dance was his favourite, why? He doesn’t know why, he just likes it.

“Are you dancing it’s you?” Jongin asks.

“Yeah,” Sehun answers while dancing.

Once he finishes dancing, he earns two smirks from Jongin and Yixing.

“You still have it,” Jongin tosses him bottle water.

“I’m surprised too,” Sehun laughs.

“I’d like to see you dance Baby Don’t cry.” Sehun snorts at Jongin.

“No way in hell.” Jongin says.

 

Luhan lets out a shaky breath after getting off the phone with her manager. She’s thankful for Sehun not calling her tonight.

“I can’t believe this.” She sighs.

So that night she tries to sleep but all she does is bring the covers up to her chin and shut her eyes while denying the reality of her world. The worst always come when things were looking good for her. She gets out of her bed, and takes the note Sehun left for her.

“I’m sorry, sweet heart.” She smiles bitterly.

 

“Whoa, it’s like 1 o’clock now.” Yixing says when he finally sees the clock.

“,” Sehun says.

“What you forgot to call someone of something?” Jongin chuckles at him.

“Yeah,” Yixing and Sehun says.

“Okay, you two got yourself a girl and I’m all alone.” Jongin says.

“What about Soojung?” Yixing frowns.

“I don’t like her remember.” Jongin shrugs.

“Let’s just go home now.” Sehun says. He’ll just call her tomorrow.

 

Chanyeol is wide awake at 2 in the morning. He’s busy folding clothes and stuffing it in his bag, not all of them but he cleared out half of his closet. He’s just taking the clothes that he wears often and a few new article of clothing.

He’s not bringing much, just some of the stuff in his apartment and some of his clothes and of course his guitars. He should be packing his guitar by now but he’s too busy playing them.

He doesn’t know why but he keeps playing River Flows in you, these days. Maybe it comforts him, although he cries while he plays.

 

“Tao, can you listen to me first?” Yifan yells.

“Listen to what? You’re just so preoccupied with work that you don’t have time for me!”  Tao yells back.

“You’ve been gone for months, you’ve just come back. I thought you said you had a longer break! Now you’re telling me you have a movie filming in April?”

“Its months away, we have time.” Yifan grabs hold of her shoulders.

“No, you always get your scripts early, you’d be busy memorising them.”

“You’re being unreasonable here,” Yifan sighs.

“Don’t you understand that I want you to be free and not always on the phone or gone, having meetings, memorising scripts so that I can spend time with you where I don’t have to be surrounded with your work!”

“Tao,”

“You promised a year without work! That you’d stay with me and not be bothered with work.” Yifan became speechless when he sees Tao crying.

“And now, you’re leaving on April? I haven’t seen you for 6 months and you’re going to leave soon. It’s not fair for me.” Tao walks off to the bedroom.

That night, Yifan slept in the living room after much thinking. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Have I ever mentioned that I like writing angst? :D Hehehe, hope you guys enjoy this chapter and please comment down below on how you think this chapter is! See you guys in the next chapter~ I have to sleep now :D