Chapter 9

Douce-Amère

Kyungsoo bids her seniors farewell and leaves the building, sure this is her dreams, being a reporter and hopefully one day a news anchor. So she walks the street that’s bright with all the flashy lights. Christmas is around the corner and it seems like everything is decorated with Christmas light. And couples were walking around.

She sighs and walks through the streets like how she does every other night. She waits for the pedestrian crossing light to turn green. When it does, she walks across the road, it was less busy than the other side of the street but the amount of decoration says equal.

She looks across the street and thinks she sees Jongin.

He has a girl with him, looking almost like a couple. She doesn’t know how she feels about it.

 

“So, details.” Joonmyeon says to Luhan through the phone.

“Nothing much, he took me out for a date and sent me home.” Luhan says.

“He did nothing at all?” Joonmyeon scoffs.

“He kissed me and we’re sort off together now. Bye,” Luhan literally raps what she said and hangs up on Joonmyeon.

Joonmyeon rolls her eyes and puts her phone down on the table that’s filled with paper due to last night’s brain storming with Yi Xing. She has enough materials now but now it’s time for her to pack her bag and be ready to catch her plane.

She giggles when a pair of strong arms snake themselves around her waist, hey, Luhan isn’t the only one who has a man in her life. Joonmyeon got herself a catch too, a great on too.

“Morning,” She turns to face him.

“Who was that?” He nuzzles against her neck.

“Luhan, apparently she and Sehun are together now.” She giggles as his hair prickles her neck.

“When are we going to be official?”

“Soon, maybe after I come home from New York.” She caresses his face.

“So, should I help you pack or can I go to work?”  She giggles.

“Go to work or your head baker is going to kill you.”

 

 

“Ge, get up. We had to cancel going to Minseok unnie’s house yesterday,” Tao pulls Yi Fans hand.

“I’m getting up,” Yi Fan groans.

“You better be,” Tao lets go of him arm and leaves the room.

Yi fan smiles into his arms, looks like lady red have visited her today. He freshens up and changes into a pair of blue jeans and black and red plaid shirt.

He walks out his room seeing her all dolled up with minimal make up and her flaming red hair put into a simple bun, and her oversized sweater and jeans. He creeps behind her but she could him coming anyway, he hugs her from behind and kisses the back of her ear.

Maybe other guys would freak out with the amount her ear monstrosity but he learned to accept it and frankly he loved it on her but it seems she isn’t wearing them today.

“No earrings?” Yi fan whispers.

“The kids would freak out,” Tao chuckles at her statement.

“True and you’ll be called the scary aunt Tao.”

“And you’ll be known as the good Uncle Wu Fan.” She scoffs.

“Let’s get going then,”

 

 

“So what’s with yesterday? Why the last minute cancelling." Minseok asks Tao while chopping some carrots.

“Nothing, just some stuff came up.” Tao shrugs.

Obviously she lied, cause who wants to tell someone that they were too busy doing the deed in the morning.

“How far are you?” Tao asks and takes over Minseok chopping and maybe the whole cooking.

“4 months,” Minseok sits down at a chair placed in the kitchen, definitely for her when she gets tired like right now.

“The third child already,” Tao smiles and grabs a pan.

“That’s what you get when your husband is .” Minseok shrugs.

“Stop being so productive,” Tao laughs.

There is a silence for a moment, just filled with the sound of vegetable and meat sizzling on the pan.

“Daddy, stop! It tickles!” Yuna the second child giggles.

“You didn’t say the magic word.” They hear Jongdae’s voice.

The laughing continues and more booming voice that came from Jongdae and Yi Fan too. For a split second, Tao remembers how Yi Fan loves kids. How he wants them as soon as he can.

“Tao, are you okay?” Minseok taps her shoulders.

Tao turns to her and nods, hands continue to stir the food in the pan.

“What were thinking about?” Minseok asks softly.

You can’t lie to Minseok.

“Having a family,”

“Mommy,” Hong bin the eldest comes running to Minseok and hugs her leg.

“What is it baby?” Minseok smiles at her 5 year old.

“Daddy,” Hong bin pouts.

Jongdae immerge just then with his cheeky smile, with Yi Fan behind him carrying Yuna. Tao smiles at the two of them, but her eyes were glued to Yi Fan and Yuna. She turns off the fire, and washes the knife and the utensils that were used as Jongdae, Minseok and Hong bin play.

“Jongdae, stop it.” Minseok says, holding tight on the counter to no fall as Hong bin hides behind her legs.

“Hong bin, can we not play at mommy’s legs?” Jongdae squats down to be eye level with his son.

“Okay,” Hong bin runs back to the living room while Jongdae quickly chase him.

“He sure does like to play with his kids.” Yi Fan walks to Tao.

“Its fun, but I can’t really join them because of,” Minseok touches her stomach.

“It sure does look fun.” Tao dries her hand and touch Minseok’s stomach before her eyes meet Yi Fan’s loving ones.

 

 

Soojung sighs as the door closes, she’s left alone again. It’s not uncommon for her to come to Jongin’s apartment to cook him breakfast but it always end up like this. The food she cooked sitting on a plate only to go cold when he’s out the door so quickly. And she’s left her sitting on his couch crying again.

Maybe she should just end it.

Jongin slams his car door shut and walks into the cafe, Soojung just had to come to his apartment again. He’s sick of it. Sure her intentions were good but she of all people should know he hates it. He has been with Soojung for a long time, and honestly he’s tired of all the nonsense he has to put up from his mother and her mother about her.

The constant nagging that he’s not treating her nicely, that he doesn’t take her out for date and now the pushing of the wedding date. He should just have been honest with his parents. He doesn’t love Soojung anymore. He loved her once.

He just wasn’t the guy for her.

Jongin likes Kyungsoo now. All he wants is Kyungsoo.

 

“So, you kind of want to have kids now?” Baekhyun laughs at Tao.

“It’s because he wants it, I know he does.” Tao shrugs.

“But are you ready to have kids?” Baekhyun hands Tao the flowers for the cake.

They were almost finished with it just a few more flowers and it’s out the door. And they think this might be the last wedding cake Sehun is going to accept.  As he’s standing there watching them put the cake together with a frown on his face.

“Sehun, you have to chill.” Chanyeol shakes his head.

Chanyeol’s back for one last time, ouch, Baekhyun thinks.

“It’s done!” Baekhyun and Tao backs away from the cake.

Chanyeol smiles, “It’s perfect.” He wasn’t sure if it’s meant for the cake.

“Yeah, it is.” Jongin nods.

“I’ll be back,” Chanyeol says and walk out to the front of the cafe, probably the back area where the pans are kept.

 

The cakes was boxed and picked up by the customers helpers, Jongin comes back to the kitchen after sending the cake to the customer.

"Baek noona, Baekbeom hyung is here." Jongin says.

Chanyeol who didn’t hear what Jongin said, at the moment just came out of the back area taking a few trays. He has to pass the front to get to the kitchen again albeit he doesn’t know that Baekbeom is here.

"Wait, where's Chanyeol?" Baekhyun looks around.

"He went to the back...Why?" Yixing frowns.

"Jongin, stop him from-" Baekhyun stops once they trays falling.

She rushes out. Her nightmare is coming true, Baekbeom grabbing Chanyeol by the collar and slamming his against the wall.

"Park Chanyeol, what are you doing here?" Baekbeom hisses.

"I-I work here..." Chanyeol couldn't believe his eyes.

 

He figures his life was going to end here right now.

 

"Beom let him go..." Baekhyun pleads her brother.

"Why should I?" Baekbeom didn't spare her a glance.

"Please," Baekhyun tugs her brother’s hand.

"I've wanted to kill this bastard for a long time now," Baekbeom hisses.

"Sir, I don't know what problem you have with my employee but I beg you let him go and if you must settle this please take it elsewhere." Sehun steps in.

"Beom please let him go." Baekhyun was on the verge of tears.

It was a sight, Baekhyun crying and pleading while Chanyeol is pinned to the wall by his best friend’s brother.

 

"You're coming with me, your life ends here." Baekbeom pulls Chanyeol.

"Beom, please, it happened. Let it go." Baekhyun stop her brother.

"Let it go? How can I let it go after what he did, Baek, are you even hearing yourself..." Baekbeom says in disbelief.

"I let him do it, that's why. I, no, we were young and stupid. We let feelings get the better of us. Let it go...Please." Baekbeom lets Chanyeol go.

"I don't want him close to you, not after-" Baekhyun scoff.

Now she's angry. Lucky the shop was vacant at the moment.

"After what, a pregnancy scares?" Baekhyun tears fall.

Chanyeol bites his lips. That was the thing that was scaring him and Baekhyun.

That one pregnancy scare they had.

"I told you, I let him sleep with me." Baekhyun tears fall even more.

 

It was hard for her to admit this, all this, especially in front of Chanyeol. And she was ashamed at herself. Baekhyun pulls Baekbeom out of the shop, leaving everyone baffled and Chanyeol guilty and mostly numb.

"I love him, can’t you let it go?" Baekhyun says softly.

"Love, what about him, how can you be so sure he wasn't using you for pleasure?" Baekbeom screams.

"If he did, he wouldn't have a bitter smile when you told him to stay away from me, if he didn't, he must have found another girl but no, he still takes care of me. He stays a good amount of distance from me. So don't worry about him and me." Baekhyun walks back into the shop.

 

Chanyeol is gone and great; everyone is looking at her with those pitiful eyes.

 

"Yeol, where is Yeol?" Baekhyun's voice cracks.

"He left..." Jongin sighs.

Baekhyun sighs and wipes her tears; she takes her coat and walks out through the back door. She gets into her car, starts her engine, but she couldn’t drive away. She breaks down crying, her face planted on the steering wheels.

She takes her phone and calls Chanyeol, stupid move anyway. She reached his voicemail, “I’m so sorry.” She whispers into the phone.

Chanyeol repeats that voicemail over and over again,

“I’m so sorry.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of update, I'm really sorrry and I have to blame it on exams but here is Chapter 9! (please don't kill me over the baekyeol. I promise better days for them!) Anyways, comments are loved, please do comment on how you think this chapter is! :D I know Baekyeol might not make sense as they drift apart cause of the reason stated above but there'll  be some explanation on it! Hope you enjoy and please subsbcibe is you want to keep up with this story! :) See yaaaaaa~ 

-Edited 30/5/15