Chapter 21

Douce-Amère

A/N: If you haven't read the previous chapter please do! :) If you have, enjoy! 


After a long time of not going into the kitchen, Sehun hasn’t been creating thing, he hasn’t been baking. He showed up into the kitchen one day, earphones in sleeves rolled up and eye brow furrowed. He grabs all types of chocolate that existed in his pantry and laid them out on his clean work station, he melts them and get a heart silicone moulds.

“Do we have strawberries or raspberries?” Sehun pulls out his earphone out and turn to his colleague.

They all looked at him with a deer-in-headlight-look before Tao opens , “Yeah, we do have raspberries but I’m not sure about strawberries. Do you need them?”

“Okay thanks,” Sehun leaves his work station and heads back to the pantry.

“That’s a first, he usually tells me to get it.” Jongin snorts.

Sehun comes back with a bunch of raspberries, he then dips the raspberries in the milk chocolate then he places them in the mould. He repeats the action to fill up the rest of the moulds before popping them into the freezer. He waits for a while before pulling them out, making sure they are hard and only then he pours the dark chocolate that he melted previously in the mould, covering the harden chocolate covered raspberries. His focus is on full blast ad the kitchen is empty for lunch break.

“What are you making?” Jongin comes to his station, his earphone now hangs around his neck.

“A heart breaker.” Sehun continues to pour the chocolate.

Jongin looks at Sehun with a dumbfounded look on his face, lips slightly parted, “A heart breaker?”

“I’m not joking,” Sehun rolls his eyes at Jongin.

“Alright, but why a heart breaker.” Jongin muses Sehun.

Sehun lips tug up at the corner, “Because I’m heart broken.”

“Sehun,” Jongin sighs.

“I’m fine, don’t worry about me.” Sehun chuckles.

He is fine, no one can recover in a snap of a finger after a break up but Sehun is getting there somehow, it may take all year long or maybe more to get over her but what can he do it is all in process. All the getting drunk, the missing, the anger and the tears, it is all part of the process trust him he had seen it all and done it all.

“Okay fine, I know that you’re capable of it,” Jongin says.

Sehun stops what he is doing and looks at Jongin, I’ll get by alright.”

“Do you want to meet Kyungsoo? I’m going out with her later today.” Sehun scoffs.

“Third wheeling? No thank you.”

“Come on we’re doing something fun today.” Jongin pouts.

“Just go and enjoy it with her, I’m just going to be in the way of you two!” Sehun frowns.

Jongin chuckles, “Just come, it’s about time you meet her and like we’re meeting as friends. So you’re not going to be in the way of anything.”

“As I said before, third wheeling, yuck!” Sehun rolls his eyes.

Jongin just looks up at Sehun with a small smile, Sehun sighs, “Fine, I’ll go! Now leave me alone unless you want to help me.”

Jongin push his body away from the counter, “Suffer alone,”

Sehun takes it lightly, knowing Jongin is just joking and he lets Jongin go as he goes back to focusing on his work.

 

 

Jongdae carries his child, both of them who are sleeping. His mother decided to stay with Minseok in the hospital so he lets her do so as Minseok needs a mother’s touch with her. He opens the door and takes his shoes off, slipping into slippers. He places both of the kids down on the couch, they were so excited. He takes off their shoes and place them on the shoe rack. He carries Yuna first, changing her into her pyjamas, and then tucking her in, not forgetting her bunny plush. He then fetches Hongbin, he does the same to his son. Once his children are in their bed, lost in their innocent dream, Jongdae is overwhelmed with fatigue and happiness. Another daughter for them. Kim Sohee, pale and has her mother features more than she has his.

Jongdae sleeps well that night but his hands keep searching for something to hold.

 

“Daddy, wake up!” Jongdae groans as he feels the bed move around.

“Daddy, Yuna want mommy!” Jongdae slowly opens his eyes and see his daughter pouting and son standing on the bed with a grin.

“You know what honey,” Jongdae pokes his daughter’s cheeks.

“I want mommy too.”

 

Minseok holds Sohee close after feeding her, and now she’s trying to make her burp if not she will puke. Jongdae’s mom went out for a while, Sohee was moved into her room this morning so the kids would get to see their little sister up close today. Minseok smiles when Sohee burps, she bounces the infant slowly.

“Mommy.” Hongbin’s head pops in.

“Baby,” Minseok says and two more head pop in.

“Don’t make too much noise, or Sohee will cry alright?” Jongdae says as they enter the room.

“Alright,” Both of the kids nod.

“Good,” Jongdae places a bag on the chair before he could finally look at Minseok and the kids, Hongbin and Yuna looking at Sohee who is now on the bed, beside Minseok.

He approaches them, their baby girl yawning as he gloved hands were as if rubbing her eyes. Her legs up in the air, Hongbin and Yuna giggles and the sight of their new little sister. While the kids were distracted by their cute little sister, Jongdae and Minseok finally can take a look at each other, silently he reaches out for her hands and hold them tight.

“Is baby sleepy?” Yuna looks up at Minseok.

Minseok who was looking at Jongdae turn back to her daughter, “Yes, she just had her milk, she should sleep now. So be quiet okay?” Minseok picks up the new born.

Hongbin and Yuna both nods, “Let me do it. You have to rest.” Jongdae butts in.

“But it’s not that hard,” Minseok argues.

“Let me hold her,” Jongdae pouts.

The kids were giggling when Minseok reluctantly hands Sohee to Jongdae, much to their fathers please. Jongdae carefully holds the baby and bounces her slowly. Minseok turns her attention to her two other child.

“How are my sweet sunshine’s today?” Minseok smiles tiredly.

“Too energetic,” Jongdae mutters.

“Excited!” Hongbin grins.

“I missed mommy,” Yuna says.

Minseok runs her fingers through Yuna’s bangs, “I missed you too.”

 

After some time, Jongdae already placed Sohee into her crib and is now seating next to Minseok who dozed off with her head on his shoulders, Hongbin and Yuna playing quietly since there were two people sleeping in the room. Jongdae lays Minseok’s head on his lap, carefully so that she won’t wake up. He holds her wrists softly and sighs.

 

“Let’s watch Oh Sehun trip and fall on his face,” Jongin says with an evil grin as the three of them step into an ice rink.

“I won’t alright,” Sehun scoffs.

“You will,” Jongin chuckle.

“You two are childish,” Kyungsoo shakes her head.

Sehun links his hand with Kyungsoo’s and makes a pissed off faced at Jongin, “Why would you even want to date a guy like him?”

Kyungsoo just giggles lightly and looks at Jongin as Sehun pulls her along with him.

 

After putting on their skates, the trio enter the ice rink. It is different from the one he went with Luhan. Sehun skates alone while Jongin is waiting for Kyungsoo, it would have been nice if Luhan was with them too. The more the merrier and perhaps it’ll be their second date at the ice rink. He watches as parents help their kids to skate and kids helping their parents to skate. Overall it the rink was filled with happiness. And Sehun wonders if he is the only one that is wrapped up in emotions that isn’t the same as everyone here.

“Have fun, don’t think!” Sehun almost falls when Jongin comes at him with a grin.

Sehun scoffs but then smiles too, Kyungsoo passes them in that short time, Jongin and Sehun looks at each other and then back to her, “Go get her.” Sehun pushed Jongin forward.

“Come on,” They hear Kyungsoo calls them.

The two boys then skate towards the girl, Sehun leisurely around the rink, weaving through the crowds of people and maybe even played with some boys that were learning on their own. He helps one of them by holding his hand, and when the boy could skate on his own, Sehun just skates away feeling content with himself after making a boy smile because he once felt what the boy felt when he learned skating from Luhan.

Apart of him just wants to let her go but another part of him wonders how is she doing. And is she still wearing that necklace because all that Sehun knows is that he is still wearing it.

 

“That was fun,” Kyungsoo leaps ahead, only stepping on the grey tile of the sidewalk.

“It was, but now I’m starving.” Sehun huffs.

“Should we get some food?”

“Obviously, idiot.”

 

And so they stumble into a random restaurant, and when they were about to order their food, Jongin gets a text that makes him frown and he gets up. He halts when he sees Kyungsoo and Sehun. If it was only Sehun it wouldn’t be a problem but then Kyungsoo, he can’t just ditch her.

“What’s wrong?” Sehun asks.

Jongin grabs his car keys, “Sooyoung,”

“Again?”

“Seems worse, I-I have to go. I’m so sorry.” Jongin looks to Kyungsoo.

“I’ll send her home don’t worry. Go, tell me if she’s okay later. Drive safely.” Sehun says.

Jongin nods, “Thanks, and again I’m sorry.”

Jongin dashes out the restaurant quickly, Kyungsoo gives Sehun a confused look.

“Who is Sooyoung?” Kyungsoo asks.

“His niece,” Sehun chuckles.

“She get bad fevers and he being the loving uncle he is; he rushes over to his sister’s house to take her to the hospital.” Sehun explains.

“I guess he is close with his sister,” Kyungsoo runs her fingers through her hair.

“She’s a single mother, you see, Jongin has always been her backbone through the hard times.” Sehun sighs.

Kyungsoo nods, and seems to be lost in her thoughts so Sehun leaves her to it. The night ends pleasantly as Sehun sends Kyungsoo home and bids her good night. The short time the spent without Jongin provided the time and space for them to get to know each other. Kyungsoo notes that Sehun is great friend to Jongin despite the bickering. And Sehun knows she is the one for Jongin.

 

“Do you have to go?” Chanyeol sighs.

“Sadly, but I’ll be back or maybe when you have a break you can come back.” Baekhyun caresses Chanyeol’s face.

The two of them lay in bed that morning, two days since Baekhyun arrived and sadly her last day here. It’s not enough, not for both of them. They wish they had more time.

“But I don’t get breaks that much and you, well your pregnant, so you can’t come here often too.” Chanyeol whispers.

Baekhyun hums, she can’t say otherwise since Chanyeol is right. So she just lays her head on his chest, enjoying what little time she had with him. They were planning on going to Chanyeol’s work place even though it’s his day off but she wants to see the place at least once.

“Do you want to go now? That way we can do other things too.” Chanyeol runs his fingers in her hair.

“No, just a little while longer.” Baekhyun shakes her head.

Chanyeol nods, “Alright,”

“Just a little while longer alright, then we have to go. You were the one who wanted to go.” Chanyeol slow gets up and lets Baekhyun lay down.

His large palms on her stomach, no it’s not that clear yet but who cares it’s their child in her. That’s all that matters.

 

He takes her to the shop, “Park, what are you doing here!” His colleague smiles when he comes in with Baekhyun.

“And who is this lovely lady?” He winks at Baekhyun.

“Hey, lay off, she’s mine.” Baekhyun giggles and looks at Chanyeol with a loving gaze.

The French man laughs, “Even if I try to seduce her, she won’t be able to take her eyes off you.”

“That true, Yeol.” Baekhyun says.

Chanyeol just smiles at her, “Do you want to buy some chocolate? Maybe some for your family?”

“Recommend some for me,” Baekhyun whispers.

 

The couple get the chocolates and bid farewell to his colleague, before they left and take a long walk heading nowhere only to pass them time and escape the thought of her leaving soon. But reality is harsh as they were in the car on the way to the airport, Baekhyun wants to stay longer but of course she can’t.

“Come visit when you can, please.” Baekhyun grabs onto Chanyeol’s shirt and they were standing near the entrance gate, her gate.

“I’ll try to, alright, it for me too. I don’t want to miss this process. I don’t want to make you go through this alone.” Chanyeol sighs.

“Yeol, it’s alright. I’m not alone, I have my family. Don’t blame yourself when it just that out job doesn’t let us be together. I mean we’ve been through worse than this haven’t we?” She holds his face.

“Yea,” He nods.

“So we can make it through this, no worries.” Baekhyun smiles.

“Call me when you need me.” Chanyeol whispers.

“Alright,”

“I’ve have to go.”

“Bye, darling and my precious child.”

“Bye, I love you lots.”

“Love you even more.”

“We’re so gross.”

“Yeah we are,”


Double update!! :D Im sorry for not updating in a loooooooong time and thaank you for the subs QAQ honestly didn't think I'd get this many subs. ANywway! I hope you enjoy reading this chapter although its short, and if you want to keep reading hit that subscribe button! As always, comments are loveed! :) (Off to reality where I have to do work)