Homework? Don't think so

I'm not one of those
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6. Homework? Don’t think so.

 

“Cute!” Chloe said and held up my teddy bear in its ear like it discussed her. I blushed a little by the sight of my old teddy and took it from her.

“You wanted to do the homework right? Let’s start!” I said and started to pack up my things on my desk.

“What do you think Luhan’s doing? Maybe we could ask for his help?” she asked and looked around in my room.

Of course, this was the plan the whole time. Use me to get Luhan.

“I think we can do it ourselves! Plus, Luhan’s with EXO today anyways…” I replied with a hunch.

“Where?”

“How am I supposed to know?”

“You’re his cousin!” I stared at her.

What did she take me for? A stalker?

The truth is that I actually knew where Luhan was. He and EXO were going to a party today, so they were at Xiumin’s place before, to get ready. They had asked me earlier to come, but I had said no.

“Well, when does he get home then?” Chloe more ordered to know than asked.

“Probably late, the party doesn’t…” I said without thinking and now I realized my mistake. Chloe widen her eyes.

“So you do know where he is?”

“Well, technically, I know what he is doing! But not where…”

“And he’s going to a party?” I sighed and nodded slowly.

I’m such an idiot, why did I say that? She was quiet for a while before speaking up again.

“Come on! Do you have any dresses?” she said.

 What?

Suddenly she was messing around in my wardrobe. She took out some dresses and grimaced until she found my favorite dress. She sighed.

“This’ll do…” she said and looked at it with a grimace. First now things were starting go brighten for me.

“Wait, what are you doing?” I said and took the dress from her.

“We’re going on the party! Hurry up and get ready!”

“But… No! We were going to do the homework, nothing else!” she gave me a strange look.

“Changes of planes!”

“No, I’m not going!” She sighed.

“Fine then! Don’t go! I don’t actually understand what they like about you! You’re so boring!” she then said and took back the dress.

“I’ll borrow this…” she said and went in to the bathroom to change. I groaned. Even if I had to do the homework, it didn’t feel safe leaving Chloe alone with the guys.

 

“How do you even know which party it is?” I said as we walked around on the streets. There were parties everywhere. So far we had passed at least three. I held my bag tight.

“When I think about it I heard Myungsoo ask Chen to come this morning…” she said and smiled at me.

Who the is Myungsoo?

“And you do know he was the only one asking them to come to his party?”

“Nope!” she said just as we turned in on a smaller street. And there it was. A big and lonely house at the end of the street, full of people. Then I saw Lay, holding a mug with something in –probably not water- and I cursed over that she was right. Luhan’s going to hate me for mentioning the party. Then I heard someone calling my name.

“Hey! You came!” Chanyeol said and put his arm around my neck, leading me in to the crowd of people. Chloe followed, with the gaze on Chanyeols arm.

“Najin, you’re here!” Tao shouted from the other side of the room and plowed through the people at my direction. Then Luhan came as well and I could feel Chloe change expression behind me. Chanyeol took off somewhere.

“I thought you said you wanted to stay home today?” Luhan yelled to drown the music.

“Well, so did I…”

“Actually, it was me who got her here!” Chloe pointed out and popped up next to Luhan. He looked at her for a second and then back to me.

“Mhum… Well, Tao almost considered going home when I said you wasn’t coming, so it’s a good thing you decided to show up anyway.” He blinked and linked his arm with mine. I grimaced and followed him inside. Chloe tried several times to grab Luhans other arm, but somehow she always failed.

A while later I sat with half EXO by the pool –I know, a pool!– and watched the people who had know each other the most of their lives socialize together. Chloe had actually got Luhan to talk to her, which left me with no one I knew. Of course I could join them, but I guess Chloe would pretty much kill me then. Since she was happy and the situation seemed calm, I considered going home when something hit me.

Who the heck owns this party? I had just gotten a name before, that’s it!

“Who exactly is Myungsoo?” I leaned closer Chen to ask. He looked over the crowd and pointed at some dude that were talking to some other dude. So that was Myungsoo! And he was talking to… was it? Yes, Woohyun turned around and saw me. He smiled and waved, and then he said something to Myungsoo and started to walk in my direction.

Crap, is he heading here? How do I look? I drove my hand through the hair trying to make it look at least a bit more organized.

“Hi!” he said when he came closer. Chen and Xiumin looked up at me.

“Hello there, cowboy!” I said awkward and smiled like a drunken donkey. I regretted it directly and mentally palmfaced myself, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter