Liberation and second-second thoughts

I'm not one of those
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why, no…” Luhan twisted, “I just don’t like him.” He then gave me a vague smile and kept going. I ran after him, and then auntie turned around.

“Cinderella dear, have you heart anything from Zitao?”

“Um, no. Last he called he said he would wrap things up in school and then come,” Luhan replied and left my side to talk to his mother.

“Um, so what happened back there before is extremely embarrassing,” Kris then replaced Luhan by my side. I gave him a wry smile, “can you please pretend it didn’t happen?”

“Why? Was it your intention to play with my heart?” I . Immediately he shook his head.

“No! Definitely not! Pei’s a moron.”

I smiled at him. We then lapsed into silence as we walked beside each other.

“Have you talked to your mother any?” he then asked.

“Not since she called the other day when we were watching the movie.”

“Oh…” Kris surprised raised his eyebrows.

“What?”

“Nothing! I just thought that was Woohyun.”

I snorted, “Yeah, like he would call me,” then I looked down at the ground, “Don’t you think it’s sad?”

“What?”

“I’m his girlfriend and I don’t even have enough faith in him to let him be around his best friend. I don’t expect him to call when I’m away, I just know he won’t. It’s like I don’t even think he cares. Maybe he doesn’t. It makes me wonder why we’re together in the first place. Sure, he’s fun to be around, but I can’t remember the feelings of love I felt towards him. Maybe they’ll come back when I see him.”

“No,” Kris then said firmly and I looked up at him, “I mean, yes! It’s completely sad. That’s not what a relationship should be like. When you’re away from the one you love you think of her every day, even if you can’t always call her every second you still texts or writes letter or whatever! You post only pictures of her on Instagram along with a super long depressing novel about how much you miss her. And I would sure as hell memorize her voice! Or at least I would if I called her every day, like I should if I love her.”

Kris slightly panted when he was done. I just stared at him. He would make one amazing boyfriend –how weird it ever may sound.

“Wow,” I said, unable to say anything else, “you sound like you actually know what it feels like to have a girlfriend to love.”

Teasing him was the only thing I could do, I didn’t know what else to do. Kris snickered a little and scratched his neck embarrassed.

“Nah, but I guess that’s what I think’s a guys duty in a relationship. Besides from being all protective and all,” he said and teasingly bumped hips with me. I bumped him back and we did that for a while, while laughing.

“So who is she?” I asked.

“Who?”

“There obviously have to be someone you care about that much. Someone who’s getting that well treated.”

A smirk appeared on him lips, “there is.”

I know I expected a familiar answer when I asked the question, but I still hadn’t prepared for it and the jealousy hit me well. I forced a smile to my face, “Lucky her.”

Truly, I meant it. She probably deserved him, despite his horrible personality.

“She’s actually super cute and I miss her like crazy. It’s been like forever since I last saw her, but it’s all right, I’ll soon meet her again.”

I really had missed him getting a girlfriend.

“Do you want to see a picture?” he asked while taking up his phone.

No. “Sure-“

“Hey kids, come help out! We need help preparing the dinner!”

I took this as my opportunity to flee. I had no interest in seeing Kris with his girlfriend, for some reason. She was probably very ugly and a real too, I mean who else would put up with Kris? Or she was extremely beautiful. He deserves that and that would be totally perfect for him and why the hell am I even thinking about this?

I furiously –don’t ask me why, I just was- left Kris sheepishly smiling at his phone and completely missed the little 6-year-old girl on the screen.

“You mad?” Luhan asked when I begun to aggressively chop the vegetables.

“I’m not mad –Hey did you know Kris had a girlfriend? Me neither!”

Luhan smiled in his own mysterious way, “I actually did,” he said, “Sophia, super cute girl, but I didn’t know he used the term ‘girlfriend’…”

“Well, he didn’t directly say girlfriend, but I’m not stupid! How could you know? And why the hell didn’t anybody tell me?”

I just want to point out here that, not that I cared; it just frustrated me that I thought we at least were friends? Don’t friends tell friends like this?<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter