Christmas drama

I'm not one of those
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

28. Christmas drama

* * *

“You’ve got it covered?” Kris asked me and I nodded, busy decorating the Christmas tree.

“I really miss Christmas! Feels like years since the last one!”

Kris chuckled, “Yeah, well technically, it was a year since the last one.”

I gave him a look but he only stuck out his tongue.

“Are you guys finished soon?” Mrs. Wu then entered and looked at the tree, “Looks good.”

She smiled and pulled him in for a hug, which he tried to escape, “Moooooom.”

Instead of letting him go she just snickered and held him tighter before placing a wet kiss on his cheek, “My adorable little son! I have to take the chances before you’re to grown up and married.”

He groaned while I just chuckled.

Call me crazy but this almost made me miss my mom a little. I mean, now that Christmas is closing in, you for some reason start thinking of your family.

“You ok, Najin?” she then asked me, worriedly. I realized I had spaced out and blinked a few times.

“Yeah,” I said with a small smile.

“Aigoo,” she then exclaimed and pulled me into the hug, causing me to slam into Kris’s hard chest, “Don’t worry too much in Christmas time. For now you’re part of our family!”

I smiled and hugged them back, “Thank you.”

I really liked this woman.

“What’s this now?” Tao then also entered, “Are you guys having a group hug without me?”

“Tsk, this boy,” Mrs. Wu said and reached out for Tao as well, which he gladly accepted and embraced us all.

Then Luhan entered as well and had to stop and just witness it all, “This is just so weird.”

 

We all put our present under the tree and then went to search for the ones assigned to us. I found a few with my name on and a warm feeling spared in me.

Usually, mom and I just used to order pizza and give each other what we had bought, which often was something we had picked out for ourselves. It was exciting not knowing what was inside the packages.

A thought then went to Woohyun. I should at least call him once.

I excused me and then went into Kris’s room, closing the door. I took out my phone and stared at it. Why was it so hard to make this call?

I breathed in and was just about to call when the door opened.

I look up at Kris and he was looking at me.

“What are you doing?” he asked. I smiled slightly and held up the phone.

Then I sighed and looked down again, “Thought I had to call him just once. It’s Christmas after all.”

Kris placed himself next to me on his bed. He nodded, but then frowned instead, “Do you have to?”

I turned to look at him while biting down on my lip. I didn’t really know what to say to him so we both stayed silent for a while, just looking at each other.

“I-I…” no, I didn’t have to, “I think… I should.”

He raised his brows, “Why?”

I laughed and sighed at the same time, “He’s my boyfriend!”

Kris flinched at the word ‘boyfriend’, “But you don’t love him! He’s not even making you happy!”

I gave Kris a look, “But we’re still friends!” I then once again sighed. “I know you don’t like him.”

Kris snorted as response, not denying it.

“Why not?”

Kris avoided my eyes and stared at the roof, “What’s there to like about him?”

I ignored him, “Luhan doesn’t like him either.”

Once again he didn’t answer, just nodded.

“What has he done?” I then demanded to know. When Kris still didn’t respond I added, “If you don’t tell me, I’m going to call him.”

He lifted his eyes to me with a heavy look on his face, “Look, Najin. It’s really nothing. And whatever it is, it’s in the past.”

“Okay,” I nodded, “But then if you excuse me, I’m going to call him now. Because he is, after all, still my boyfriend.”

This time I didn’t wait for any respond and just quickly dialed the number while Kris was still watching. He had a rather frustrated look on his face when I glanced at him, but then turned my face away, not wanting to see him.

Maybe if I blocked him out he’d leave, or at least maybe I wouldn’t feel his presence so much when I pathetically clung on to the last piece of relationship Woohyun and I had left. But I would prefer if he just left, I didn’t want him to see me like this at all.

“Babe?” Woohyuns voice then rung in my ear, surprising me with the nickname.

“Y-yes…? Hi.”

“Hello. How are you?” he sounded oddly happy.

“I’m fine, you?” I asked, awkwardly. God, why did I have to be so awkward? But to my defense, I wasn’t used to hearing him so cheerful. Not since we started dating at least.

“I’m just great! I really miss you, you know.”

I smiled, because despite how I felt about him now, did still a part of me like him and that part blushed like mad right now.

“I miss you too,” I said. I could feel how Kris stared at me and wondered if he weren’t going to leave yet.

Woohyun groaned, “When will you be back?”

I giggled cutely, “In a week or so~”

He sighed and I could hear him pout over the phone, “I guess I’ll have to wait until then.”

I smiled to myself.

“Is Kris treating you alright?” he then asked and I got kind of speechless. Should I ask him about Kris and Luhan? Maybe he knew the reason why they didn’t like him.

“Yeah… he is.”

“Good!” he cheered, “I wouldn’t want anything bad happening to my precious girlfriend!”

I laughed awkwardly, having a very strange feeling in my gut, “So, how’s YaeHin?”

Maybe it was just me being paranoid, but it felt like it went quiet for a long while on the other line until he spoke up, “She’s just fine.”

“That’s good…” I said while nodding, more to myself since he couldn’t see it, “Anyways, I was calling to say Merry Christmas!”

I heard him smile, “Marry Christmas babe! I love you! And I miss you, please hurry back home!”

I smiled to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter