Camping

I'm not one of those
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

20. CAMPING

 

“Rise and shine sleepy heads!” Mrs. Wu sang joyfully and lightly shook me. I yawned. This was unusual, Mrs. Wu never woke us up. Next to me Luhan and Kris groaned and fell back asleep.

“Aigoo! Wake up!” she ordered, slightly irritated. They still didn’t move. Mrs. Wu frowned, then she smiled and left again.

A few moments later she was back with a playfully grin on her face and carefully lifted Kris duvet. The scream came not long after along with her lovely laugh.

“YAH! MOM! WHY? WHAT DO YOU WANT? CAN’T YOU JUST LET A POOR GUY SLEEP?” Kris looked around in confusion and annoyance. The shock from a sudden ice cube in his t-shirt was exposed in his face, which made me giggle.

I didn’t know it was that easy to get the ‘cool’ guy out of place.

“Come on, up, up now! We only have until tomorrow before Tao comes, so we got to make the most out of it.”  on her way past she kicked off Luhans duvet and gently helped him up. “Luhan, darling, since when are you such a heavy sleeper?” she smiled.

“Mom, please leave, we’re up!” Kris groaned and my jaw slowly dropped.

Oh.   My.   Effin’.   Lord. Jesus Crist that morning voice was freakin’ y. How come I never noticed that before? Raspy and deep. I almost felt some drool rolling down my chin.

I’ve never felt this feeling before… But I could most definitely get used to it.

“What?” Kris asked me and I realized that I was staring. I embarrassed closed my mouth and felt my face quickly redden. Why am I blushing?

 

“Ready kids? Here Najin, take this.” Mrs. Wu said and tossed a heavy bag with something in to me. I inspected it and it slowly went up for me what it was. A tent.  A freakin’ tent. She was got to be kidding me.

“Excited Najin? I think this will do a lot for our bonding, though you kids have progressed a lot, you know! Luhan has told me that you and Kris has gowned much closer.” Auntie hugged my shoulder and smiled. This felt like it was going to be a camp. Bonding camp.

Wait? Me and Kris close? Suuuure.

Right then it knocked on the door. Everyone exchanged eye contact.

“I’ll take that…” Mr. Wu then piped and went over to the hall. “Pei?” he then stated surprised. The other person, Pei apparently, replied something. “Yeah, sure, she’s here! Just… NAJIN?” he called my name. I froze as everyone’s attention was turned to me. Luhan slowly shook his head like he wanted to say me something. Though I walked over and was met by Mr. Wu and a smiling Pei.

“Hey girl! Looking great, as usual!” he compliments me, but didn’t give me a chance to answer. “Wanna do something? I borrowed my dads car, come on, I’ll show you the rest of Guangzhou!” Pei continued.

“Yeah, I’d love to but…”

“We’re going camping!” Kris interrupted cranky, appearing from nowhere.

Pei gave him a quick glare then returning to ignoring him, giving me a hopeful look.

“Sorry, like he said, we’re going camping…” I repeated Kris sadly.

“Really?”

“Well, yeah!” I said and Pei made a sad face.

“What did I say, what did I say?” snickered Kris behind me.

“Another day? Tao’s coming soon so…” I didn’t get to finish before Kris dragged me back inside and Luhan smoothly took over the conversation with Pei.

“Don’t tell him about Tao!” Kris scolded quietly.

“Why?” I asked curiously.

“Just don’t.” muttered he back. I didn’t want to drop the subject but Kris face told me to, so I didn’t mention it again.

“Pei’s here? Tell him he can come as well!” Auntie suddenly cheered.

“NO!” Kris answer was quick and short but very clear. Though, Auntie were already gone and by the front door. We heard her happily ask Pei if he would care to come. Kris groaned by my side and Luhan gasped.

“Mom?!” he said and sent his mom mental refuses. I didn’t mind though. I liked Pei and I thought Luhan did to. Kris I knew hated Pei, but who cares? That’s his problem.

 

Pei ended up in the car next to me. On my other side Kris sat, even grumpier than usual -if that’s possible.

I cleared my throat. This is awkward. Auntie drove and had no idea of what situation she had caused. I mean, why not leave the teen’s business to the teens? I think we are able to invite friends ourselves. If friends are necessary.

I mean, come on! I’ve got Kris if things get boring.

“You are awfully quiet!” Auntie bust out. “I thought teens in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter