Road trip

I'm not one of those
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4. Road trip.

 

So there I sat between Kris and Lay while the storm of chaos had begun around me. If it wouldn’t be for the food lying on -and flying over- the table in a mess I would seriously wonder what they were doing. EXO really knew how to talk, and not in a quiet volume. Someone would really need to teach them some table manners.

What am I even doing here?

“YOU THIEF! THAT WAS MY LAST ONE!” Tao screamed as Sehun took his dumpling.

“IT’S NOT MY FAULT! BAEKHYUN HYUNG TOOK MINE!” he yelled back.

“I DID SO NOT!” Baekhyun defended himself.

“OH SUUUURE YOU DID! REMEMBER LAST YEAR? HUH? WHO TOOK MY DUMPLING?! HUUH?!”

“COME ON YOU BABY! IT WAS A YEAR AGO, GET OVER IT!”

“I’M STILL MISSING A DUMPLING, BRAT!”

“AND YOU MAKE ME PAY THE PRIZE?” Tao interrupted as he stuffed the last of his food in the mouth, like it was going to run away. Some people cheered amused at them and clapping their hands like retarded seals while some stuffed in food in their mouths like they hadn’t eaten in like a thousand years.  Perfect timing to leave! They won’t notice. I tried to stand up when I heard my name.

“Najin, what do you think of school so far?” Suho asked from the other side of the table. I scratched my neck and looked around.

Well, I only got glares and people judging me, plus I still can't find a , so it es.

“I love it! Everyone’s so nice! And the teachers seems pretty good!”

Now everyone stopped talking –and screaming- and glared at me.

“Are you kidding? The school ! And the teachers are idiots! They don’t have a clue of what they’re talking about!” Chanyeol said with his mouth full. Everyone agreed.

"Exept for our lovely principal of course!" Sehun added quiet and smiled adorable at Luhan. Luhan rolled his eyes.

Nice job Najin! Now they’ll think you're some school freak or something. What do I say now? I just looked at them and opened my mouth to say something awkward when the door opened. Saved by the bell!

“Hi kids, I’m home! Najin, can you please help… Oh! Hi boys!” Auntie smiled when she noticed the monsters around the table. They greeted her cheerfully and ran to help her with her bags.

“What did you want me to help you with?” I asked as I met up with her in the kitchen.

“Oh, I just forgot to buy some milk the other day and wondered if you could run over, but I understand if you rather hang out with them!” I glinted at the guys who had returned to the table and decided that this was my chance to escape.

“I’LL DO IT!” she gave me a strange look.

“No, there’s absolutely not necessary…” she started but I glared at her and tried to send a mental message. Luckily she understood and nodded.

“Fine, but take someone with you! You never knows what can happen late at night!” she said. I was just about to tell her that it wasn’t necessary when she called for Kris. –Kris?!- Of all people, why the scariest one?

“Can you follow Najin to the store? We need milk for the weekend!” Auntie said. He looked at me. He was going to say no! Or at least argue! Why Kris, auntie?

“Sure! Then shall we go?” he asked. I was truly shocked. I had never thought that he would actually do it without discussion. I slowly nodded and followed him to the door.

We took his car since it was kind of chilly outside and we passed his house anyway –he lived much closer than I thought, almost neighbor-. We didn’t talk at all during the whole ride. 

AWKWARD

Sometimes I thought I should say something, but why would I be the one breaking the silence? Well, I didn’t have to; he had thought the awkward silence was too much too!

“Do you want to listen to music?” he asked.

Not really.

“Sure!” I answered before the awkwardness would swallow us raw. 

“What do you like?” he asked while turning on the radio.

“I’ll listen to anything.” He nodded and pressed the button with a three on it. Some depressing ballad begun while we drove on. I didn’t want to be rude and ask him to switch since he actually seemed to enjoy the song, so I just sat there and looked out on the passing nature.

I would much rather have listened to Big Bang...

“Wait! Haven’t we passed the store?” I asked when I didn’t recognize the way anymore. Kris looked around and nodded.

“Yes, we have…” he then said and kept driving like nothing.

“Aren’t w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter