Rage can cause awkwardness

I'm not one of those
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

26. Rage can cause awkwardness

***

Honestly, I’d been to many parties. That was one of the things my mom didn’t disapproved. I mean, you’re only young once. But this party… I don’t know, maybe it was because everyone spoke Mandarin? However, I felt nervous.

Kris opened the door to his room, where I had just finished changing.

“You ready?” he asked and glanced at me, “wow! Nice look!” Kris tried to act cool and not show how much he blushed at the sight.

I wore a black, almost too tight dress with matching high heel-boots. On my face I had applied just a little bit more makeup than usual and to be completely honest, I looked good.

“Don’t sweat it,” I smiled at Kris and walked past him, out to the living room, “Shall we?”

He nodded and came after me.

“We’ll take the motorcycle, if that’s ok?” he said and swung around the keys a little.

I hesitantly nodded, already regretted my choice of clothes, and as well did Kris.

“That looks awfully cold, though…” he said. I smiled.

“No! No it’s not!” I assured him, but as soon as we got out and the wind hit me, I shivered. .

Though, I couldn’t go in and change now, I had already told him I was fine. So I just it up and hugged myself. Kris took his place on the bike and started the motor. Then he turned around and told me to take my seat. I blushed a little as I placed myself behind him and awkwardly hesitated on where to put my arms.

Kris was just about to put his helmet on when he saw me shiver once again. He sighed and took off his own jacket.

“My mom would kill me if you got sick,” he said and handed it to me. I stared at the jacket for a while.

“You’ll freeze!”

Kris glanced over my body again and said, “I think you need this more than I do. Don’t argue, just take it!”

When I still didn’t take he decided to not wait any longer and just put it on me himself, “Najin, I don’t want you to get sick. Because that means I have to take care of you, which I don’t have anything against, but it also means that I cant show you the rest of my hometown,” he was done putting on the jacket and just stared into my eyes and, let me just tell you that I didn’t need that jacket anymore. My whole body heated up and at the same time there was this thing in my stomach that just killed me. Some people would refer to it as butterflies, but this was so much more. These butterflies literally tried to break out of me and I really wanted to just hug him. Or kiss him, or just anything. I wanted him to be mine. I wanted to be his.

“Najin, are you ok?” he asked and that just made everything worse. My god, his voice. Could I kiss him right here and now? Would that be cheating?

After a long war with myself I just decided to look away. I couldn’t. I couldn’t scarify our friendship, and I don’t know what kind of feelings he has for me.

But I really want to, know that, Kris.

“Yeah, I’m ok. Just drive.”

Kris gave me a concerned look, but did as I said.

 

Tao stood outside the fancy house, waiting when we came. As soon as Kris pulled over and the bike was still, I jumped off and into Tao’s arms.

“Najin! I missed you!” he said and spun me around.

“I missed you too Tao!”

“I couldn’t be easy alone with those two,” Tao continued, referring to Kris and Luhan. I laughed a little.

“You can’t imagine.”

“Yah, someone might think you’re dating,” Kris placed himself between the two of us, giving me a cold glare, and then turning to Tao, “Eyo, bro!”

“Kris ge!” Tao hugged Kris as well and I just couldn’t help but giggle.

“That’s enough, that’s enough!”

Just then some random girl came up –funny, those girls seemed to appear everywhere around Kris.

She smiled at us –well, not at me- “Hey guys! Glad you could make it!” she headed right at Kris, “Kris ge, I’ve already caught up enough with Tao and Luhan, could I please borrow you for a moment? Wanna dance?”

I assume this was the owner of this house and party, but just to be completely sure I tilted my head a little to the right, where Tao stood, “Is that Lian?”

“Yeah, she’s a real ,” Tao responded. I nodded. Kris quickly glanced at me, and then he left, after us sharing a second of eye contact. My body felt energized again and I smiled at Tao.

“Where are the drinks at?”

 

We passed the dance

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter