Bad timing

I'm not one of those
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I want to thank SMTOWN_SARANGHAE for this lovely graphic! It's awesome, I love it! Thanks! ^^

----------------------------------------------

BAD TIMING

“OKAY, LET’S DO THIS !” Mr. Park yelled as we lined up in front of him.

“When I blow you will as fast as possible run across this field and back, got it?”

Everyone nodded synchronized, just waited for him to blow. God, I hate these things!

Then the whistle shrilled and almost 30 students ran as fast as they could to the other side of the field. Kris and Luhan competed in front of me and from the look, it seemed like Kris was winning. Me myself struggled behind, panting like a fat dog.

Man I’m in bad shape!

“Nice students! Now I want 100% from you! I know you can do it!” our P.E teacher shouted when everyone had returned. Again? I groaned just as the whistle shrilled again. Not even one second to catch your breath!

Since I was tired from the first lap I ran a bit slower. I had given all my 101% before, so I had none to give now! Yet, I fought well and made it back just as the whistle blew again. He’s trying to kill me! I swear! Should I fake a fall, so I need to rest? I ended up jogging. When I returned Mr. Park moved the whistle to his mouth again.

Please not again! Please not again!

“ONE LAST ROUND! COME ON!” he screamed and tried to motivate us. Not helping!

“NAJIN, YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT!”

What? I’m so not the slowest one! Or maybe I am… I looked around and saw Xiumin five meters ahead. Well, if I just pass him… I gathered all my strength and decided to not be last. I started to run as fast as I could and passed Xiumin just as I hit something really hard. Second time for today. I fell pretty hard to the ground and it went dark for a few seconds.

When I opened my eyes later Luhan stood bend over me. A few meters away Kris groaned on the ground.

“Are you ok?” Luhan asked with a vague smile. What is he smiling at? I nodded.

“Kris! OMG, how are you? Dizzy?” I could hear my teacher ask Kris.

“No, Mr. Park! I’m just fine! Go look after Najin instead!” Kris begged but Mr. Park just acted like he hadn’t heard him and helped Kris up.

“Are you sure? I don’t want my best student to hurt!”

“I’m okay, Mr. Park!” Mr. Park frowned.

“Najin, why didn’t you watch were you ran?” he just barked at me instead.

“Hey, it’s not her fault!” Luhan defended me. “Think you can stand?” he then asked and helped me up. As soon as my feet felt the ground and my full weight leaned on it an unbearable pain streamed from my foot and through my body. I didn’t know what to do but scream and crash down on the ground again. Crap, this can’t be happening! Not now!

“Do you think it’s sprained?” Luhan asked. I have a hunch. “You should go to nurse! I’ll take you there!”

“No, you need to continue class Luhan! Najin can go by herself.” The teacher muttered and looked like he couldn’t care less. Luhan shoot him a killing glare.

“Here, I can take her to the nurse.” Kris offered. I let him help me up again and putted my arm around his neck.

“Are you sure, Kris?” Luhan asked. Kris just nodded. “Thanks!”

“Right Kris, you shouldn’t run in a few days after that terrible fall! Just hurry to get her to nurse if she can’t herself. Najin, I expect you to attend next time!” Mr. Park said and returned to his lesion. I bet he doesn't like me.

Since Kris was so tall, I had to walk on my toes to reach.

This felt so awkward. I got a little bit nervous by standing so close to him. Kris looked down on my feet just as I groaned. This wasn’t comfortable at all. It felt like my ankle would kill me anytime. Suddenly I couldn’t feel the ground under me anymore and realized it was because Kris had lifted me up.

Now I felt even more nervous. I blushed.

“I can walk by myself…” I whispered after a while. Kris gave me a judging look.

“Just be happy I’m even doing this!” he muttered and kept walking. I sighed and leaned my head against his shoulder as I skimped in his arms.

“Thank you!” I then said.

 

“Aigoo, this looks bad!” Mrs. Kim said and inspected my ankle. “You’re going to need gypsum for at least one month!” she continued, giving me a sympathetic smile.

“A month?!”

“I’m sorry! But at least the pain will minimize!” she continued. “I’ll give you crutches, but try to walk as much as you can without them, then you’ll heal faster. Lucky you’re still young!” she then blinked and helped me up. Then the door flung open and Woohyun took me in his arms, worried.

“My god, are you alright?” he asked and let go of me just to take a look at my leg.

“Does it hurt a lot? Is my babe h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter