Pei

I'm not one of those
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

16. Pei

 

“Whatcha’ doin’?” Luhan suddenly asked and took a seat next to me.

“Homework.” I responded and kept writing the essay. Luhan rolled his eyes.

“Come on! Let’s enjoy the vacation a bit before all that!” he said and started to drag in my shirt. “We’re going to the beach!”

“I want to have it done!”

“Then bring it! However, we’re going to the beach and you’re coming!”

I groaned. I really didn’t like the beach. It’s warm and crowded and sandy. Most of all it’s sandy! It’s sand everywhere!

“Do I have to? I can’t even go and cool of in the water with my leg!” I asked with big eyes. Luhan nodded with a determined face.

“I’ve finally got Kris to come as well, and if you get a free pass, he won’t come either. And you don’t have to swim! It’s not that warm today!”

I sighed. Luhan loves the beach… Maybe I should go for his sake?

 

“I really don’t like this…” Kris mumbled with crossed arms, while looking out over the beach. I couldn’t agree more with him. Like I had thought, the beach was packed and it was burning hot! I missed the house already.

“Don’t be so negative! I brought cookies!” Luhan cheered like it would make us want to stay.

Finding a free spot wasn’t an easy task. It was seriously people everywhere. A hope started to grow inside of me. If we can’t find a spot, we have to go home.

“Looks like it’s too many people… I believe we have to return another day…” I said and sighed deep. God, I should be an actress. I almost bought it myself!

“There have to be somewhere…”

“Luhan-Ge!” a girl shouted. Of course.

“Hey! Yi Na!” Luhan smiled and turned to me. “You were saying…?” he grinned evil. I made a grimace. The girl who apparently was named Yi Na hugged both Luhan and Kris. Why did she do that? Does she know them? Kris too? Hate her already!

 

Kris

 

Najin looked troubled. She kept roaming around with her eyes like she didn’t know where to look. I tried lock eyes with her sometimes but she just looked away.

We had placed ourselves with Yi Na and her friends Pei Jiang and Jia-Li, right in the middle of the beach. Maybe she looked so confused because she couldn’t understand a word we said. I had learned by now that Najins Chinese was non-existing. Yi Na also saw that she was a bit left out.

“I’m sorry Najin! I completely forgot you don’t speak Chinese!” she said in bad Korean. Najin blushed a bit. So adorable.

“We can have the conversations in Korean.” Pei Jiang then said and smiled at Najin. Is he flirting? I don’t like when he do that. It feels wrong.

“Who’s up for a swim?” Luhan then asked half way to the water. Everyone rushed after him. Except for Najin. Should I go? Or should I stay? Then I saw that Pei was staying, so I had no choice but to stay too. You never knew what crazy thoughts he might have.

“You don’t want to swim, Kris?” Pei asked me. It was something in his voice. I simply shook my head.

“And you? Why are you staying here?” I snapped back.

“Ah, I thought you knew me better than that! I can’t swim, remember?” he lied.

In fact, yes, I know him a whole lot better than that. I know he was the best swimmer in our entire school as few years ago and a real womanizer. The only reason he stayed was because of Najin. And that didn’t feel good for some reason.

It’s because she’s my friend. I’m only protective because she’s a dear friend.

“That’s right… You’re a complete looser when it comes to swimming.” I smirked vicious. His grin fell.

Another thing about Pei, he hates do be bad at stuff. Funny he even said that himself, he used to be smart and rather say that he didn’t like the water than that he couldn’t swim. However, I won! One point to Kris.

“How long will you be staying?” Pei asked Najin. I should have answered, but she was faster.

“A month.”

She actually smiled at him. What is this? Stop! Is she planing to cheat on Woohyun? I could feel his pain when he realizes. Or is it my pain? Remind me to never get a girlfriend. This is so confusing!

“Really? Well, I have so much to show you then! Are you free tomorrow?”

“She has a boyfriend.” I suddenly blurred out. The words just flew out of my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter