The girlfriend

I'm not one of those
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Girlfriend

***

“Ready to leave guys? Got everything?” the tourist-guide aka uncle asked with a boatload of bags under his arms. I nodded.

“Yep, everything’s here. Except for the little bag Pei who bailed on us with all bags yesterday,” Kris muttered as he put his bags in the car, “here let me help you.”

Kris reached for my bag to put it in the car for me but angry as I still was I turned the other way, “I can do it myself,” I grumpily said. He blinked at first then he snorted.

“Whatever.”

I had realized this morning that even though he acted all heartbreaking and nice towards me last night he still had this girlfriend of his. And I didn’t quite like it. So yeah, I was pissed.

“Hey hun, I heard Sophia’s coming.” Mrs. Wu just happened to sat just then and blinked at Kris. I felt my blood boil. His whole face lid up and he almost started to jump around like a little kid.

“REALLY? OMG, I MISSED HER SO MUCH!”

I watched him, as my expression got all darker and darker. Who ever this Sophia is, I hate her. Right then my reception came back and a lot of notifications popped up.

3 missed calls, 7 texts, 4 people commented my instagram picture –the one of me and Kris (and Luhan) might be added- and then my heart stopped.

My eyes were glued onto the freaking scream as tears started to slowly roll down my cheek. I wanted to scream at myself for being so damn stupid, going on this camp. I go away one effin night without reception and missed my only opportunity to happiness, and now get to see how it is literally stomped on, mocking me. All the feels bubbles up to the surface and I scream for all I’m worth, making everyone surprised and scared anything would have happened look up at me.

“ING HELL! AAAGH I HATE THIS, I HATE MY LIFE. I HATE YOU ALL AND THIS STUPID CAMP IDEA, WHO THE THOUGHT THIS WAS GOING TO BE A GOOD TRIP?! I HATE MYSELF AND I HATE MY PHONE, DAMN RECEPTION. I HATE THIS DAMN FOREST! WHO IN THE LOVE OF GOD INVENTED THIS STUPID FORESTS’?”

I started to cry really badly. This was just too much to handle. While I was away, Big Bang had apparently decided to release tickets for next weeks showcase, in Hong Kong might be added, which is like not too far from where we actually were right now, and since it was just a small thing the tickets were ing sold out. My only chance to see them live, gone! I crashed down on the ground.

The tears just kept streaming down. Auntie came and embraced me while comforting patting my back, “What’s wrong honey? Are you hurt? Is it your foot?”

My sobbing didn’t quit and she kept comforting me. Then Kris came and I cried a little for him and Sophie too.

“Najin, are you ok?” he asked as he bend down to my height and took my hands in his, “It’s not the foot, is it? Please tell me, so I can help!”

Auntie left for some reason. Didn’t she know her hugs helped? I was still mad at Kris for not telling me about Sophie. He then took my phone from my hand and to my surprise laughed. Then he looked up at me again and smiled, “Really?”

I got really annoyed by his action; did he not know how much this meant to me? “IT’S A ING ONCE IN A LIFETIME THING KRIS WU! I reaaaally wanted to go to this! I mean it’s Big Bang for God’s sake! I adore them to the moon and back and now I missed the thanks to some idiotic camp.”

“Why won’t you just go see them in Korea?”

“Because it’s ANOTHER CONCERT! THIS IS LIKE A SPECIAL ONE, BASED ON CHRISTMAS AND STUFF! JUST IMAGINE G-DRAGON IN LIKE CHRISTMAS CLOTHES AND HAT AND OMG SUNGGRI OMG I’M DYING! SO Y! And aaaagh, Taeyang, his six-pack, I can’t…” I started to cry again. Then to my surprise Kris actually hugged me.

“It’ll be all right!” he whispered in my ear, and I actually believed him, “It’ll be ok, please stop crying!”

He helped me to the car. I sat between him and Luhan all the way back, while they tried to cheer me up. Luhan sometimes smiled at Kris and me and enjoyed the sight, even though I ignored him pretty hard.

 

The next day Yi Na called and asked me to come over. Since apparently this damn Sophie was coming this evening to hang out with Kris I saw this as my chance to escape her. When I got there she greeted me by the door with the sight of her wrapped into an apron and flour in her hair.

“You’re baking I see?”

She eagerly nodded and dragged me inside, “Great thing you came over, I want you to meet someone,” she said, “he’s coming by later, that’s why I’m baking.”

“And who is this mysterious person?”

“He’s name’s Choi Tianzi, his parents are form Korea, so you’ll have something in common,” she said and I giggled at her hysterical movements as she ran around in the kitchen while explaining this person, “Anyways, I haven’t seen him for like four years and I miss him like crazy, did you know he used to be my best friend? Geez, I’m so nervous, I think I even might like him, I mean he’s just so wonderful and all! Oh my god, what do I do now? He’s soon here!”

“Hey calm down!” I smiled and took the cake from her, “I’m sure everything’s going to be perfect! But what happened to Kris? I thought you had him targeted?”

“Nah, Kris is more like a brother to me, I don’t know what got into me. Plus, he likes someone else,” she blinked like I would get it, but instead my heart fell a little once again, “It’s totally obvious, whenever he’s around her she’s the only one he sees. The few times I’ve seen them together are enough to realize, even though Pei is too slow to get it and back off.”

“Sophia, right? Yeah, I’ve heard. Lucky her.”

“What? Who’s Sophia?”

“His girlfriend! Who were you talking about?”

Yi Na looked at me with big eyes and a expression telling me she wasn’t quite following.

“I don’t know… Um, you? Or what? Who’s this Sophia?” she asked slowly.

“I’ve never met her, I just know she’s apparently the only thing he talks about.”

Yi Na just sat there gaping at me, “Wow,” she said. Right then the doorbell rang and she jumped up, “OMG HE’S HERE! OH MY GAWD!” she begun to run around, shaking her hands, “Najin, please open the door for me! I have to go change clothes!”

“Um, ok?” I said, as she rushed upstairs, and then walked over to the door and opened.

“Hey!” a drop-dead gorgeous guy with perfect back-slicked hair smiled at me and handed me some flowers, “I almost didn’t recognize you Yi Na, it’s been too long, but you’re even more beautiful than I remembered.”

“Uh…” I stared and blinked at him. God, his smile was perfect too, “I’m not Yi Na,” I then completely ruined the moment.

“You’re not?” his eyes widened and he checked the house number, “Did I take the wrong house again? But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter