It's about time

I'm not one of those
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Firstly I'd just like to dedicate this chapter to my number one supporter,  Jia_Alrik. You really encouraged me to start writing again and without you there probably wouldn't be any chapter anytime soon. So thank you for all your support and understanding in the comments. It meant the world. And of course, thanks to everyone else as well for sticking around with me. I know I've been very, extremely slow on the updates lately and it's mostely because so many things are happening in my life now that need my focus. But here's an update and once again, thank you all. You have no idea what all the support and love means to me. Please leave a comment later :) <3.

(It's a short chapter.)

Love //me <3

 

 

29. It's about time

* * *

“Aigoo, look at you,” aunt said and gave me a look, “So young and already heartbroken.”

We were on our way to the store to get groceries for dinner, since I avoided all three of the guys.

I just looked out the window and refused to answer her.

“You know,” she continued, “You can always talk to me,” she took a deep breath, “I know your mother’s difficult, I mean, take it from me; I’ve grown up with her. She’s a very insensitive, tough, narcissistic woman and has absolutely no compassion for people. But,” she added, “she has also been through a lot that you don’t know of. Do you want me to tell you something?”

I turned my head to her and nodded, barely noticeable.

Aunt smiled lightly and took my hand with the one that wasn’t on the wheel.

“When your mother was in your age she was madly in love. And I’m not kidding now, she was ready to take her life for him, and she was certain he’d do the same for her. Then one day, on her birthday, when they had planned a romantic evening together she got to his house and found another woman in his bed. And the woman was of course her best friend.”

I frowned my brows and felt sorry for my mother.

“Before she was a completely different person. She was still selfish but she was fun when she wanted to and had a lot more compassion. Then she met your father and again, she fell incredibly hard for him, only, this time she was certain nothing like that would happen again-“

“And he left her for another woman and other children too,” I filled in as tears fell down my cheeks, “I feel so sorry for her.”

“We all do. She’s a different person and kind of intimidating. But what I’m trying to say is that, I know she’s still there, deep down. She thought she protected you by not letting you have a boyfriend. But sometimes you have to let your children fly on their own and just be ready to catch them when they fall. And I think she knows that somewhere, so talk to her.”

I just continued to look at her and she heaved another deep breath.

“And as for my son and his idiotic friends-“ she sighed.

“Wait, you know?” I had to interrupt her.

“The house is small, Najin,” she just said and gave me a meaning look, “I know you probably won’t forgive them any time soon and I guess I could understand that. I though I had raised Luhan better than that. You protect fam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter