How far would you go?

I'm not one of those
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

22. How far would you go?

 

“Ok, so what’ve we got?”

“Erm… One, when you were ten you were scared of chicken, but were afraid to tell anyone because of the possibility of someone judging you –which I btw do so hard right now-. Two, the reason you like Star Wars is because of the galaxy and you thinks it’s just basically amazing. Three, you like to eat buttered ham because you just do… What the is this? Come on, none of these facts are really important to know!” I groaned and threw my arms up.

“But they’re facts! That no one knows about me!” Kris so kindly pointed out. I groaned again.

“I seriously don’t see the point with this.”

“No, but well, we’ve got no choice. So what do we know about you? You’re scared of thunder, which probably every. Single. One. Knows, so that doesn’t count. So yeah, and with that we’re back at one. I guess that thing about you paring up people all the time counts. No matter how weird it is.”

“It’s not weird! Come on, haven’t you ever seen a couple and thought ‘wow, they fit so great together!’, huh? If you tell me you have not I’ll seriously strangle you.”

“No.”

Silence. Should I?

“And besides, wouldn’t you think it would be creepy if some entirely unknown girl came to you and paired you up with some random guy?”

“No.” I answered. Kris gave me a meaning look. “Maybe. But of course I’m not telling the people I pair up. Then it would be creepy.”

Kris rolled his eyes. “Whatever. Moving on. The second fact –why is there only weird facts about you-, since you were seven-“

“So the facts about you are completely normal then? Hi, I’m Kris and I like buttered ham and the galaxy.” I mused and Kris ignored me.

“-you’re a kpop fan? But who aren’t, really?”

“There are many Koreans that are not. I mean it’s like German people listening to German music. Does that ever happen?”

“I don’t know any German people.”

We lapsed into silent again and just sat there and stared at each other.

“I’ve never heard any German music…” I after a while announced.

"Me neither..." Then we both burst out in laugh. Don’t ask me why, but everything was just really funny. “I mean, what the heck is German music?” Why are we even talking about German?

After a few minutes both Kris and I were laying down, cramping in our stomachs by laughter. We didn’t even notice the zipper .

“Having fun?” Auntie smiled. I tried to pull myself together but just ended up thinking about German again and once more laying on the floor trying to get some oxygen.

“Well, I just waned to check if you were alright. We are going to explore the forest, if you’re interested in coming with us. How are the facts going?”

“Fine… well, almost. Aunt, this is an impossible task. There is almost nothing that no one knows about us.” Kris had finally managed to kill some of the laugh and was able to reply Auntie. Auntie nodded and thought.

“Yeah… That’s why it’s called a punishment. Now, come with us, I think you could need some exercise, and fresh air.” She handed me her hand and dragged me up and out of the tent. It was nice to stretch out after sitting in the tent like for forever.

“Oh, isn’t it the two new best friends! I betcha’ guys know all the secrets of each other now.” Uncle blinked. I shrugged.

“If you mean things like; the way Kris want’s his ham, then yea! Best friends.” I mumbled. Luhan gave me a strange look but smiled. I gave him a grimace back.

“Coming through the forest with us?” Luhan said as he slung his arm around my neck.

“Why not.”

 

Yeah, you know walking…? If there were such a thing called walk-racist, I would most definitely be one. Seriously. It’s boring and exhausting and basically just not necessary. And if you just have to do it anyways, then why the heck in the forest?! Every damn thing looks the same, I’m even sure we’re going in circles. And the damn mosquitos.

“Come on, keep up Najin.” Auntie cheered meters ahead of me. I groaned. I looked up from my feet and saw Pei waiting for me. He smiled sheepishly.

“Tired?” he asked. I nodded and sighed. “Not such a big fan of walking, eh?” once again I nodded with my head hanging. Pei smiled. “I’ll carry you.”

Before I realized he helped me up on his back and my feet did no longer touch the ground.

“Pei!” I shrieked.

Why’s he carrying me? I am capable of walking on my own. It’s not like both my legs are broken! Plus the other one is healing, so it’s pretty soon fine!

“What? You’re so slow!” he excused himself.

“I can walk on my own.” I said trying to stay calm.

“I don’t believe you.” he replied casually.

I don’t know why, but I didn’t like being on his back. It kind of creep me out, feeling like he would me.

“Please Pei let me down.”

“I swear it’s fine! You’re not even heavy!”

It disturbed me that he didn’t get it. Is he stupid or what?

“Pei, I want to go down.” I twisted around on his back.

“Just relax Najin, I’ve got-“

“Let her down.”

A deep voice interrupted. The relief reached me. Kris. Thank you Lord.

Pei tensed. “What? Who-”

“I said let her down. She obviously wants down, so. let. her.” Kris looked like he would crazy murder him, yet his voice stayed calm.

“Do you want to go down Najin?” Pei asked, like he hadn’t gotten the hints.

He’s doing it on purpose! He’s testing my patience. Or is he just stupid?

“Yeah.” I said, unsure if I should scold him or not. Then Pei let me down and I walked over to Kris.

“Idiot.” Kris mumbled and walked away with me. His hand on my back made me feel safe, like he got my back and would protect me if someone tried to sneak up. I looked up and smiled at him.

“Thank you Kris.”

I don’t know why he always helped me, but I liked him doing it. I would have chances to make it up. That’s what friends do, right? Help each other out!

 

Luhan

 

“Ah! Look at this place!” Mom breathed out and looked out from the hill. “Don’t you agree honey?”

Dad smiled lovely at her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter