Welcome to hell

I'm not one of those
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3. Welcome to hell

 

“NAJIN!!! You’ll be late for school!” my mom shouted from outside the door.

 Who cares? It’s not like I’m missing something, I thought as I yawned and turned around to continue my sleep.

Then I remembered that I had transferred school, and today was the first day. And it wasn’t my mother shouting outside, it was my auntie. I could smell the delicious breakfast from the kitchen and hurried to get ready. Luhan was waiting for me downstairs with everything packed and ready to go.

“Here, eat this on the way! We’re already late!” he said and handed me a sandwich.

“But can’t auntie drive us? She’s going there anyways…” I started since she was the principal of our school.

“No, she can’t! And avoid talking to her in school. If she talks to you, treat her like any teacher.” He informed me as we power-walked to school. I nodded in understanding.

We arrived at school exactly 10 minutes too late and everyone had already begun their classes. Auntie had given me my schedule this morning so I didn’t need to waste time on finding her.

“What’s your first subject?” Luhan asked. It was math, which I hated. I sighed. “Mrs. Park’s classroom is just next to mine, come on”, he said and we started to run, even if running in the halls were strictly forbidden. Luhan dumped me in front of a grey door and told me to relax and just be myself. It was kind of hard since I was so freakin’ nervous, but I opened the door … and when I saw all the curious faces looking up at me I quickly slammed the door again, right in my face. I quickly moved my hand to the nose.

My God! It hurt like !

How could Luhan just leave me here to humiliate myself? I took some deep breaths and opened the door again, this time calm.

“Song Najin?” the most adult person asked me. I swallowed and nodded. “You’re late!” she then confirmed.

“I know, and I’m sorry.” I said polite and bowed.

“Yeah, yeah! Whatever, just take a seat.” She waved me off. I bowed again and took a seat in the corner of the classroom.

After a half hour with people staring non-stop Mrs. Park decided to go check on something outside. As soon as she had left the classroom people turned their faces to me.

“Hi, so fun to have a new classmate…” a pretty girl said but I couldn’t concentrate on her.

“I heard you come from far away…”

“Are you from China?”

“No silly, she’s from…”

“Is your mother a spy? Some people say…”

“Wow, does she have guns at home? Like in the fridge?”

“I’ve heard she’s the daughter of a singer…”

"You idiots!"

“OMG, have you seen EXO yet?”

“Xiumiiiiiin.”

“How could she do that? Their in cla…”

“Luhaaaaan oppa!”

“Your name was NaMin, right?” I could hear a girl ask. I was just about so correct her when...

“I thought it was HaJin…” another girl said with a clueless expression.

How could people talk damn so much? The chattering continued like forever. Where was that freakin’ teacher? At some point during the interrogation Mrs. Park actually had comen back. She sat in the front of the classroom and inspected me. Suddenly she whistled.

“Class, let her get a chance to talk as well!” she said. I didn’t like where this was going. She checked the time and decided that since the class was almost over, we could have a little get-to-know-quiz.

.

“Najin, can you please come up and tell them who you are?” she ordered and I nodded. I whipped the sweet of my hands and moved forward.

“Hi… I’m Song Najin!” this was my time to shine. Then I saw all the peoples faces. Screw shining, let's just get this overwith. “I’m seventeen years old and I come from Gwangju.” I finished. Good job Najin!

“Hey, Najin! What do you get if you mix a hedgehog and a rope?” a boy in the back asked. I starred at him, clueless. What kind of question was that? The class started to giggle and the school-bell rang. Maybe it was one of those questions to see if you were qualified-for-the-job-thing?

“Good luck!” someone whispered in my ear when I left the room. I groaned. This . And on top of that, I couldn’t find my locker. The most classes passed and it was time for lunch.

“Hello there, why so grumpy?” I could hear from behind. Luhan, my savior. I thought.

“Well, first I humiliated myself in front of the class, twice. And now I can’t find my locker.” I explained deject

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter