Chapter 7

IF IT'S MEANT TO BE, IT WILL BE

"Rise and shine Cinderella!" exclaimed Mandy as she headed to the curtains by my bed- and unveiled the reflective sun that was shining outside. She knew what time I had returned to our room and it was pretty late, especially for me. She was surprised that I had stayed out late, mind you with a guy.


"Is it morning already?" I asked squinting, yawning and stretching at the same time. I was the sleepy type, and I could sleep all day if I had to…

"Yes, your highness. That's what you get for staying out so late…anyway, I'm not going to nag you like a mother ... I just want details sister'!" Mandy reacts impatiently and avidly, At first, I was clueless to what Mandy was talking about. However, then I came to realize that it wasn't a dream… the whole thing was for real. I groaned and quickly pulled up the blanket covering my head.


"Nothing happened last night," I murmured from the blanket, knowing that Mandy was never going to believe me. To my surprise Mandy seemed satisfied with that answer (even though she really wasn't.) She didn't ask any more questions, and got up and left for the bathroom. I could tell she was a little upset, but I also knew that Mandy didn’t want to push me…

 

While I still laid in bed, reminiscing what had happened between me and Hyun Joong, Mandy was occupying the bathroom, getting ready for the whole day of skiing. Just as I was deciding whether to get up or sleep in, there was a knock at the door. Fortunately, this made my decision easier, and I got out of bed, quickly ran to the door in my pajamas hoping and thinking that it was the room service the other side of the door.

Oh hello. May I help you?" I exclaimed as I flew the door open expecting to see the room service standing there, but only to find a young man in the resort uniform holding a clipboard in his hands.

"Um, good mornin' miss. Sorry to wake you up, but I have this bouquet of flowers to be delivered to room 205. And from what the sign on this door says, these belong to the special lady spending her vacation here," explained the gentleman pointing to the number on the door, and picking up a bouquet of roses that he had behind his back.

 

"Oh they're beautiful. I'll be sure to give these to her. Thank you very much," I remarked wide-eyed as I took the clipboard from the man and signed it. I also took the exquisite roses, which were already in a sparkling vase, and placed them on the night table near Mandy’s bed. I then thanked the man for his service and closed the door behind myself. Just as I turned around from the door, Mandy came out of the bathroom, and noticed the roses on her night table.

 

"Are those for me?" she asked me curiosity.
"Yep," I nodded and said no more with gleaming eyes.
"I can't believe it! Is it from “Park Jung Min”?, oh!!! I love it..," she declared with a sigh while touching the flowers. She then headed to the flowers and picked up the card that was attached to the stem of a rose and read it. I was lying down on my stomach with my elbows on the bed, my hands on the side of my cheeks, and my legs waving back and forth in the air. I was eager to know what romantic poem or comment Jung Min had wrote for Mandy.

 

"So? What's it say'? I teased with gleams in my eyes.
"Not quite," Mandy mumbled a little disappointed, "Na!, did you by any chance happen to read the card?"
"Of course not! Why would I do that?" I looked offended as I sat up straight and my gleaming eyes turned to shock that my friend would even say that.
"Um ... maybe because ... these are for you," replied Mandy even more disappointed knowing that Jung Min hadn't sent them.

"What?! What are you talking about? Lemme see that!" I exclaimed as I got up and snapped the card out of Mandy's hands. Then I looked over the words that were written in the card.:

 


****To, Nadia,… NA!

I had a great time yesterday,
and I’m delighted that I spent it with you!
I’m looking forward to 'hitting' the slopes with you today
From- xox KIM HYUN JOONG (the guardian angel)xox****

 

"Oh my god! What am I gonna do? Mandy you gotta help me! I'm begging you!" I  babbled avidly as i covered my month with one hand and waved the cad around with the other, I was overwhelmed with all the attention Hyun Joong was giving me, and i was getting panicky by the minute.


"Okay, okay. Calm down Na! Take a few deep breaths! Breathe in ...exhale out ... can you do that for me?"
"Of course I can calm down ... and I'm not pregnant you know! What's all this breathe in exhale out nonsense? God! I'm freaking out here and you're too busy doing some lemmas breathing! Help me will you?!'?!" I snapped back. I could get very touchy when i was distressed- but we went back a long time, and Mandy knew not to take my comments to heart.


"Okay, I'm sorry, but I can only help you if you tell me what happened last night. Are you willing to do that?" questioned Mandy comfortingly. After listening to what she said, I collected myself together, and explained 'the whole thing' to her.

 

Mandy, who was now surprised, had one hand over and the other on my shoulder. She couldn't quite grasp the idea why I was so upset with what had happened to me the preceding night.

It was amazing to know that something like this is just happened with someone like him, yet me, myself is so tense to trust my faith. “So what will I do? What is he thinking about me now? Why did he ask to see me again??? pleaseeeeeeee help me!!”

"Okay… Na! ,Well, this is what I think, but then again I'm no Dr. Love. But anyway, I think that you should go and see for yourself, and hear what he has to say. I still don't see why you’re upset, but at least it's a good thing you backed away when that happened," advised Mandy from what she thought was best to do.


"Um, actually ... I didn't want to. I-"
"You what?! Well, if you didn't want to…., then why are you acting like this ? Mandy was getting a little bit frustrated with my juvenile behaviour.


"I dunno! I dunno what I can do or what I want anymore!" I spoke covering my face with my hands, trying to hold back the tears. "I'm just gonna stay in here today. I don't feel like skiing much anymore. I need some time to be alone and just think"

 

"What are you going to tell Kim Hyun Joong? He was willing to spend the day with you." queried Mandy, taking the note from me and reading it once more.“I don't want to hurt him, but I can't face him right now. 0h Mandy, why does life have to be so complicated'?" I groaned as i thought about what i was going to do. "Maybe ... yeah that's it! Maybe Mandy, you can tell him I'm sick or something.

 

I have something contagious; what exactly I don't know, but tell him I can't see anyone because I'm really sick. That should keep him away from me for a while so I can get my head straight!"


"Hehehe! Noooo way missy! Ain't happenin’! This poor guy is trying his hardest to get to know you, and you know what? I'm not going to stop him. It's for your own good!" refused Mandy with a 'have-some-common-sense' tone.

 

I still sat on my bed in my pajamas, "Fine! Whatever! I also hate to do this but... I'm not going anywhere. I just wanna stay here and think. I hope you can respect that.  Can you leave now? I want to be alone! Do whatever you want when you see him! I just want to go home!" I whined like a complete two-year-old! "You go girl!"

 

"Okay …, I think i should go now..., i will leave you alone. agreed Mandy as she hoping I would make the right decision. And without saying another word, she left for the lobby to get her skis.