Chapter26

IF IT'S MEANT TO BE, IT WILL BE

“Are you cold?” Hyun Joong asked as he slipped his arms around my waist, while we continued to walk.
“No, I’m fine. Thanks!,” I replied cordially. It was a chilly October afternoon even though it was sunny, it was freezing cold. The two of us decided to go for a walk and we were dressed according to the weather. Hyun Joong had on a black pullover that went just a bit above his knees while I wore a dark brown jacket just as long with my hair hanging loose and a chestnut coloured hat that sort of resembled a toque.

 We were in a place called Hazel Woods, and it wasn’t too far away from Hyun Joongs’s home. Hyun Joong had once told me how he used to go there a lot when he was younger, and how they used to have a campfire and cook Sweet Potatoes. After hearing this and noticing that he hadn’t been there in a while, I insisted that we go there and get away from his crazy celebrity lifestyle.
“I just love it here, and it’s even better with you by my side,” he said looking around at the scenery he hadn’t seen in a long time, as he smiled.


“Yeah, I can see why you love it so much,” I remarked looking around myself. As we were walking we came upon a sign that said ‘Nature Trail.’ “let’s go this way,” I said pointing in the direction of the trail. With a simple head gesture, Hyun Joong agreed and we continued down the path. While walking down the trail, we saw a huge entrance way made by a sculpture. It was remarkably high and rather simple with a head figure on each end at the top. It was a beautiful piece of Korean artwork and it looked amazing with the path going under it. Just as we were going to go under it, I stopped and looked around at my surroundings. There were trees everywhere, and the sun was Peaking through the branches. I looked so fascinated by the landscape, and the stillness of noise we had left behind in the city.

 

Hyun Joong was watching me with astonishment himself, and at how happy i looked with the shine in my eyes. I then placed my hand on the entrance way just to feel how old it was. “It’s so beautiful out here, Hyun Joong…..and this sculpture; it’s gorgeous!” I exclaimed looking at him only to find him in a world of his own. “Hyun Joong, are you listening to a word I’m saying? Do you even know the last word I just said?” I asked crossing my arms, shaking my head, and smiling.


“Yeah…. gorgeous,” he replied dazed, looking me in the eyes. This caused me to smile and then we started on our walk again. We cherished every moment together and made it the very best. We felt that our love for one another was growing stronger each day and our relationship was getting really serious. We were just exhilarated and grateful that our romance hadn’t leaked out to the fans, and that Hyun Joong didn’t have anything to explain like Hyung Jun did about Yoon Ah in interviews. As the trail was ending, I was just impressed by the beauty and how scenic the place was.

“Na, I wanna show you something,” Hyun Joong said placing his scarf around my eyes and leading me to wherever it was by my hand. I was kind of nervous because i couldn’t see where i was going, but i had full trust in him. “Here we are-BUT don’t take your blindfold off just yet,” he said placing me in a spot where i would be safe.


“Hyun Joong, what are you doing?” I whined, getting anxious to take off the scarf.
“Just hold on a second. I want to tell you something before you look,” he said. “And don’t peek!” he laughed.
“Okay, I won’t. Just hurry up.”
“You promise?”
“Yes, I promise,” I replied rolling my eyes behind the scarf.
“Cross your heart and hope to die?” he asked just to bug me.
“YES!” I replied getting annoyed.
“Good!” he laughed. But then there was a silence while Hyun Joong gathered himself, and I got worried that he wasn’t there anymore.
“Hyun Joong…?” I asked in a shaky voice. But he didn’t reply to me; he instead took a deep breath and started to say something, while taking my hands.
“Na, you know that I would do anything for you, and that I wouldn’t trade what we have for anything in the world. I’m terrible at saying things like this on the spot so I wrote something for you. Here goes nothing.


In my eye’s you are my sunshine.
In my eye’s you are my freedom.
In my eye’s you are my one and only.
Baby you are the best thing,
that’s has happen to me.
In my eye’s you are forever mine.
In my eye’s you are the keeper,
Of my heart.
In my eye’s I see our past, Present, and Future,
For there’s nothing I cant do without you by my side.
When we are long gone from this world,
Our love shall carrying on like the wind breezing through the tree’s.
For our love is one in a million.
In my eye’s our love shall never die.

 

He finished off. “Na, you can take the blindfold off now, but after saying that, I only have one question for you…” he didn’t finish the sentence; he waited for me to remove the scarf. Once he stopped talking, I took the scarf off so quickly, and my eyes widened at the sight in front of me. I removed the scarf only to unveil Hyun Joong down on his knee with a beautiful diamond ring between his fingers. “Nadia J…will you marry me?” he asked taking my left hand and smiling. I was in pure shock and my jaw dropped to the question and the ring. I covered my mouth with one hand and began to cry.


“Yes! Yes, I’ll marry you!” I exclaimed crying as he slipped the ring on my finger. He then got up and picked me up in a blissful hug. He too began to get teary-eyed as he pulled away from me. I couldn’t help but let the tears roll down my cheeks, and seeing Hyun Joong cry wasn’t helping either. He then placed his hands on my waist, looked in to my eyes, and pulled me extremely close to him, just before he planted a soft, love-filled kiss on my lips. I wasn’t planning on pulling away anytime soon, so i wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back without hesitation.


“You’ve made me the happiest man alive,” he said quietly as he pulled away first. “I love you so much,” he declared softly as he cradled my head and pulled me into an affectionate hug again.
“I love you too,” I responded, laying my head on Hyun Joong’s chest and closing my eyes. We then pulled away and turned to the stunning scenery. In front of us was a sparkling lake with the sun reflecting off of it and a couple of swans swimming around close by. We stood on the shoreline in silence, and just observed how a few moments ago we were two people in love, and now we were tow people who had devoted our lives to one another, with a ring symbolizing our unity.

 

*****************

 “Mum! Dad!” Hyun Joong yelled into the house as we arrived. The whole family came running out of the kitchen where they were having dinner to see what all the fuss was about. “Look everybody! Nadia and I are engaged!” he exclaimed, while carrying me in his arms and showing them the ring on my finger. I was beaming from ear to ear and was ready to tear up again after hearing the word ‘engaged.’


“Oh my!” Mrs. Kim covered as she began to cry. “I can’t believe this! This is such wonderful news!” she said walking over to us. Hyun Joong put me down and hugged his mother who was speechless. Mrs. Kim then hugged me and gave me a kiss on my forehead.


“Congratulations son,” Mr. Kim praised as he too hugged his son and his soon to be daughter-in-law. “This causes for some champagne!” he declared, walking over to a cupboard where he kept his wine and champagne.
“A toast to Hyun Joong and Nadia on their engagement,” Mrs. Kim said raising her glass.
“May the Lord bless the two of you for the rest of your lives,” Mr.Kim added raising his glass and touching it with the other glasses.
“Thank you,” I said appreciatively as i looked at Hyun Joong and smiled, before drinking my champagne.


“Congratulations,” Young Joong said. He was just as kind as when i first met the family.
“Thanks Hyeong. Thank you all,” Hyun Joong said pulling me close to him.
“I’m still having a hard time believing this. My baby is engaged, and he couldn’t have chosen anyone better,” Mrs. Kim said wiping her tears.
“I’m having trouble believing this too,” I said giving Mrs. Kim another hug. “I can’t wait to tell my parents. My mom just loves Hyun Joong, and she’ll be so happy to hear this news!”


“Oooooh! I’m just so happy!” Mrs. Kim squealed. After our little champagne break, everyone returned to the kitchen for a nice warm meal, and more celebrating.

“So do you guys have a date set?” Mandy asked drying her hair with her towel as she walked out of her washroom. I went to her home so that I could tell her news personally. She was overwhelmed with the news when she first heard it and now was getting into deep excitment.
“Well, we’re planning on having it next June or July,” I replied looking over to Mandy’s calendar, which was showing the month of October. “Most probably July,” I said afterwards.


“This is beyond believable!” Mandy exclaimed as she sat on her bed. “See what you would have missed out on if you kept to yourself almost two years ago!” Mandy winked.
“Yeah, I can’t believe, you, my little sis is getting married before me!” Mandy declared with happiness and a little envy in her voice.
You can’t believe it? Hah! I still have to get you to pinch me to make sure I’m not dreaming! and I bet you enjoys doing it too!” I laughed at the thought of it.


“Yeah, i probably do.” she said with an evil grin. But my mom on the other hand; she can’t stop crying. She’s so happy for us. Thank you Mandy!. You’re the best,” I said walking over to her and giving her a big hug.


“I know, and that’s why I’m gonna be the Maid of Honour,” Mandy said aloud knowing that it was going to be her anyway. “Whoa! Wait there for a minute. You keep this up but you won’t be the Maid of Honour,” I said sternly yet with a laugh. “And now that I think of it, I think I’ll ask Amy,” I said looking up at the ceiling and thinking about my decision.


“WHAT?!” Mandy shrieked in astonishment, looking hurt.
I laughed….. “I’m just kidding. Listen to me and CHILL I want you to be the Maid of Honour, Mandy! I want you as my bride’s maids along with my sister,” I said looking her in the eyes. And also Hyun Joong wanted me to ask you if you would be one? “I’d love to Na. but you really scared the living daylights out of me…” she said a bit upset .
“Good, then it’s settled. Now all I need to do is go shopping for the dresses, shoes, flowers, cake, party favours,” I started to ramble off the things i was going to need. I suddenly felt thunderstruck by the idea of preparing for a wedding. My wedding.