Chapter 17

IF IT'S MEANT TO BE, IT WILL BE

“Young Saeng! Young Saeng! Young Saeng! WOOHOO!” the thundering chants and cheers from inside interrupted Hyun Joong and I, and completely ruined our ‘moment.’ Us two who had been dancing away outside pulled away from each other and looked to see what was going on inside!

 


“Oh my God! What the hell is he doing?” I gasped as i covered my mouth with one hand at the sight i saw.
“Only Heo Young Saeng,” Hyun Joong mumbled as he shook his head in disappointment. We then returned inside and tried to make sense of what was going on. Young Saeng was standing (or at least trying to) on the coffee table and was stripping. He apparently was drunk and was undoing his button down shirt while swaying his hips around! (He looked as though he had previous experience! Hmm that only makes you wonder…Anyway!) Everyone was drunk and was just creating a huge pandemonium. He was surrounded by the group who were standing around the table, clapping, chanting, and encouraging him to ‘take it off!’

 


“Hyun Joong! Do something before he makes a fool of- before the staff comes and he makes a scene in front of everyone!!!!” I shrieked as i saw how everybody had a bit too much to drink. It looked like they were partying like it was 1999! *Hehe*
“Young Saeng! Young Saeng, get down from there!” Hyun Joong ordered while tugging his friend’s shirt, but Young Saeng was to ‘boozed up’ to listen. he had his tie, fastened side ways around his head; and had his jacket in his hand and was swinging it around in the air as if he was about to let it go any second.

 

 

“Shh! Kiem…Hyuun Jooung…not while…not while I’m sthwipping. Can’t you thee…*buuuuurp!* that I’m bwusy!” Young Saeng replied, extremely drunk while burping in Hyun Joong’s face! He was struggling to get his words straight, and even more, to stand up straight! Hyun Joong was disgusted by the stench of Young Saeng’s breath! He had been drinking heavily and it really reeked! He quickly pushed Hyung Jun aside, grabbed Young Saeng from the back of his shirt and pulled him off the table. Young Saeng was having difficulty keeping his balance and fell onto the couch that was right behind the table. Hyun Joong just left him there and noticed that a staff member had just entered the room.

 

 

He quickly walked over to the person and began to apologize about his friend. Meanwhile, I was looking around for Mandy to see if she was drunk as well. I looked around the room and saw some girls running out of the lounge. I figured they were running to the lady’s room to hurl out their guts!

The music was still blasting and the lights were kind of dim, but i managed to see Hyung Jun sitting on the couch and he appeared to be fine, but I wasn’t sure. I was about to head over to him and ask if he had seen Mandy or Jung Min when someone grabbed me by my arm and turned me around. I was stunned by this action. The person grabbed and hugged me so tight!!!!! I was taken by aghast and backed away contiguously.

 


“why…why did you…you…bweak youw…pwomise. You didn’t dance…wiv me,” Kyu Jong managed to say while fumbling on his legs trying to stand still. I was so furious that Kyu Jong would even do such a thing, I was tempted to raise my hand and smack that little.. - right across his face, but then i noticed that he was drunk, and decided to stay calm. Just then Hyun Joong came over and took Kyu Jong’s arm and wrapped it around his neck, as he helped his friend stand straight. He saw what Kyu Jong had done, but decided to forget it, considering his friend was hammered drunk.

 


“Kyu Jong, have you, by any chance seen Mandy or Jung Min?” I questioned politely trying to hide my anger and worries in my voice.
“Aye?” Kyu Jong replied confused by where he was. I decided not to ask him again.
“Na!, I’ll deal with him. You go look for them. I’ll take care of this one,” he suggested as he looked at the condition his friend was in.
“Thanks Hyun Joong,” I said as I bowed. I then headed to Hyung Jun just like I was before.
“Hey, have you seen either Mandy and Jung Min?” I shouted over the music to him.’
“Nope, too busy to baby-sit the two lovey doveys!” he replied as he laughed. At least he was sober. You’d think Hyung Jun would be the first one to get drunk because he was missing ‘Yoon Ah’, but the dude was fine.

“Dammit! Where could they be? I hope they’re all right. I hope that they aren’t drunk like those two,” I shouted again as i pointed to Young Saeng and Kyu Jong who were now sleeping on the couch.
“Don’t worry, Na. I’m sure they’re fine. Hyung Jun tried to comfort me. “Stop worrying, and relax. Here, dance with me,” Hyung Jun continued as he took me by the hand and dipped me.


“Whoa!” I laughed. “Not bad, Hyung Jun! But I think I’m gonna look for- OH MY GOD!” I blurted out. “Do you see what I see?” I asked him who were staring at me because of my outburst.

“No way! They are not Mandy and Jung Min , Are they?” I shrieked as i saw them at the corner of the miniature stage. Hyung Jun looked at what I was looking at and just cracked up laughing.

 

“where have you guys been?!” I exclaimed as we walked up towards Mandy and Jung Min and interrupted them who were romping in the corner of the stage, head to foot disheveled and fooling around like two little kids in a playground.

Mandy who was out of universe, Looked up in shock! They had been standing there laughing for who knows how long, her face and dress was in a mess and covered with so many colorful spots!
“Jung Min!…please!” Mandy hissed as she tried to go back in to the reality. Jung Min was still in his own world that didn’t even realize we were just standing there. “Jung Min! HELLO….hello!!! Are you here!?” Hyung Jun teased as he waved his hand in front of Jung Min’s face! Jung Min immediately halted and looked up at the onlookers and turned red!

 

“um…I can’t believe you guys!! Where were you??? and what’s wrong with your clothes?? I was worried about you! It’s looks as though you’ve been working in a construction or something! I said while staring at them in disbelief.

“Um…hi guys!” Jung Min managed to say. He was so shocked that he didn’t even know what to say. “Well, it’s a long story!”

 “Wow! Park Jung Min! I see you’re keeping yourself busy!” Hyung Jun said in between laughs…

 


“Um…I guess...you could say that…” he said while looking at the floor.
“Okay guys!  Enough! tell me what happened to You!” I snapped quietly.

“ okay…okay…well we were in the lounge’s kitchen-” “lounge’s kitchen?? What do you mean?? What were you doing in there?” I cut in and asked confused “ Well…we were…. making Mandy’s birthday cake….-”  “where’s everyone else?” Mandy asked all of a sudden just to act as if nothing happened. “What? Please tell me you’re jokin’! You didn’t see that scene that Young Saeng caused? Boy, you guys were really busy, now weren’t you!” I said as i tried to stop laughing. But my stomach was killing me from laughing. “Of course they were. You can’t be busy *‘MAKING A CAKE’* … and notice Young Saeng at the same time,” Hyung Jun added, and I burst in to a laugh!!!. “um…sure you guys were…having fun!” I don’t think I’ve laughed so hard in my life, I teased my friend. “That party’s just getting started!”


 

“Ha! Ha! Nadia!!! Mandy was starting to get angry and moody. And When she was having her mood swings you’d want to stay far far away! “Okay, y’know what? I’m leaving!” Mandy declared as she turned towards the corridor. You see, Mandy was the type that got mad really fast; however, at times, you couldn’t tell if she was serious or just having a laugh. This was one of those times.
“Oh, I’m sorry Mandy. We were just joking. Why are you getting upset? what is bad about making a delicious cake???  Besides If you don’t get birthday beats, you gotta get something else. It’s only fair,” I apologized as i gave my best friend a hug.

 

“I guess you’re right,” she replied while looking at the ground. It was still hard to tell if Mandy was joking around or not. But then, she looked up very slyly and the evilest grin spread across her face. “Can you say gullible?” she laughed out loud.
“So, now what do we do?” I asked as i finally stopped laughing.
“Well, we haven’t had my birthday cake yet…” Mandy didn’t finish off, hoping me got the idea.

 

 

“Cake sounds good to me. But I dunno about those two,” Jung Min commented as he now pointed to Young Saeng and Kyu Jong on the couch.
“That’s okay, that means there’s more for us,” Hyung Jun laughed.
“Okay, so here’s what we’re gonna do, we’ll all meet up in mine and Na’s room, and we’ll have the cake there. I don’t think they’d be enough for everyone in the lounge, so it’s best if we eat there.”
“Sounds good to me. I’ll go see if Hyun Joong’s up to it, and we’ll all meet in our room,” I agreed.

 

“Okay, see you in 10 minutes,” Mandy replied. I left them and went to go see if i could find Hyun Joong. Just as i passed by the couch, Young Saeng and Kyu Jong woke up. They were still drunk, but they were doing better than before.
“Hey guys, are you up for some birthday cake?” I asked as i saw them sit up straight.

 

“Cake! Did someone mention food?” Young Saeng exclaimed. He was wide-awake now. Kyu Jong was still a bit groggy and confused, but he still nodded.
“Yeah, we’re going to my room for some of Mandy’s birthday cake. Which she has MADE it herself!!!You’re welcome to join us.” Just as i said this, Young Saeng was standing straight up and was ready to stuff his stomach. (He had to fill in that empty space he previously made by puking!) Kyu Jong decided to come along too even though he didn’t know what was happening.


“Okay guys, just come with me first, I have to look for Hyun Joong now.” Just as we were walking out of the lounge, we joined the three anyway, and were off to get Hyun Joong. Finally, we found him, and all of us were off to have some yummy chocolate sponge cake- the typical birthday cake!

“This has been one night I will never forget!” I commented sleepily as i picked up the last bit of wrapping paper from the floor and threw it in the garbage bag.
“Yeah, I know what you mean,” Mandy agreed as she threw away the paper plates. “I never expected the weekend to turn out the way it did,” she said as she looked at the door. Everyone had returned to their rooms, and the only people left were Mandy and I. we were cleaning up after the cake and gifts.  While we were doing that, I was thinking about my incident with Hyun Joong on the veranda. It was like a reflex. It sent a chill down my back and made me shiver. Mandy saw that and had to comment,

 


“Na, are you okay?”
“Uh…yeah…I was just thinking…” I replied looking at the floor.
“About Hyun Joong,” Mandy finished my sentence for me. I nodded my head in a ‘yes I’m guilty’ manner. “So…care to tell?”
“Yeah, I wanna hear about this too. So what’s the scoop, Sista?”  “Well…where do I begin…”
“How ‘bout the beginning, sweetheart,” This made me feel relax and encouraged me to continue-in a really bizarre way.
“Well…Hyun Joong…I…we…um…Hyun Joong asked me to go with him tomorrow instead with you,” I mumbled the last bit really fast.


“What? Can you say that again? I didn’t hear you,” Mandy asked. I sighed and then repeated myself,
“Hyun Joong asked me to go with him tomorrow instead with you.”
“What?! Oh the nerve! What did you say? You said no, right? RIGHT?!” Mandy was going hysterical now. She was so frantic she stood up and was literally screaming at me.
“Of course I said no! C’mon Mandy, you know me better than that! He said that was the only way for us to be together all the time. He was so serious, it actually scare me,” I continued to explain the whole story.

 

“At least you have some common sense! That boy doesn’t know what he’s talking about! And who says you can’t be together? Maybe it won’t be all the time, but you guys can still be together,” Mandy tried to keep an appropriate tone.
“Well, actually…I was the one who thought we couldn’t be together. I mean look at all the people who break up and get hurt because of their long distance relationship. I don’t want to go through that,” I explained to Mandy.


“But that doesn’t have to happen to you. I mean look at Hyung Jun and Yoon Ah. I was talking to him earlier and he really misses her, but they’re still together aren’t they? And by the looks of it, they don’t have any plans of breaking up any time soon. It’s all about commitment, Nadia. If you really want this to work with Hyun Joong, you have to be willing to sacrifice some things, and you have to be determined for it to work,” Mandy lectured as she placed her hand around my shoulders.


“But…but…but what if…”
“No ifs or buts, Na. Just tell me this, do you want a long-term relationship with Hyun Joong?” Mandy put me on the spot.
“I…uh…yeah…I guess I do,” I though carefully before i answered.
“Good. Then you’re gonna tell that to him tomorrow and you’re gonna work hard at making your relationship work. And even if it doesn’t work out with you two, you’ll have at least made a unique friend. However, I don’t think that’ll be necessary. You guys will make such an adorable couple,” Mandy said with a wink. “Ooooh, thanks Mandy! By the way, what about you and Jung Min? How are things between you?? I mean don’t you have "ANYTHING" that you’d like to tell me???” I asked curiously as i rolled my eyes! “NOoo way…Na! there is nothing between us, Actually i wish it were, but it’s not like that, and about what you saw earlier, we were just having some fun!! Besides if there was something I had told you sooner!!!” I smiled at her “Yeah..that’s right, Thanks for your rely, sis!!! ” I exclaimed as i hugged Mandy.

 

After that talk with my friend, we were off to bed. The two of us fell fast asleep, even me who had butterflies in my stomach because i couldn’t wait to tell Hyun Joong the good news the next day.