Chapter 12

IF IT'S MEANT TO BE, IT WILL BE

As we returned to our table, we noticed that the lights were dimmer than they were when we first entered the chalet. We also noticed that the guys were gone.
“Hey, where’d everyone go?” I asked curiously as i sat down. Many just had huge smiles on her and looked confused too face.
“Turn around and you’ll see,” she said with a grin as she pointed in the direction we were to face.

As i turned around in my seat i found the lights turned off completely. I was pretty anxious to find out what was going on and seemed really excited, but i was confused at the same time. Just then i heard soft music starting to play, and i heard a gentle voice saying,
‘It’s every little thing…’

 

I was really curious now and i was literally squirming in my seat, as well as giggling to myself. I kind of figured out what the guys were up to but i didn’t know what to expect. Before i had any time to think i faintly saw that at the front of the room, on a miniature stage, there were five figures with their backs to the audience. They were all in a line with the person in the middle standing a bit to the front.

I could see this because five spotlights started to come on, but this was happening really slowly. Just as the spotlights came on all the way, the music started to get a little louder. Just as the music got louder the figures started to turn around ever so slowly. When they were all turned around, i could see that Hyun Joong was in the middle (obviously,) and i could hear that soft voice starting again. Hyun Joong had started to sing and he was to be accompanied by the others singing in the background, as well as Young Saeng singing lead.


The nights are so cold
without someone to hold


silence all around me
wishing to be set free

no more music nor melody
if you are not there to love me


dance with me by the moonlight
feel the moment of a blissful night


you take away all my sadness
you filled my world with so much gladness

 

i love you, for making me feel this way
i miss you, every time you go away


please don’t go and tell me you will stay
cos, to live without you is such a great dismay



As the song finished, Hyun Joong was standing in front of me holding my hand in one of his hands and holding the microphone in the other. We were in our own world because we had our eyes locked and we didn’t even notice that the whole chalet was filled with thundering applaud. I had my eyes filled with tears because that was the sweetest song i had ever heard.

Mandy looked at us with tear filled eyes and just smiled because she was happy to see me happy. We were just as surprised, because the whole thing was really an unplanned thing.

Anyway, Hyun Joong was still holding my hand when Kyu Jong came up behind him and patted him on the shoulder which was a ‘that was brilliant, mate’ pat. Hyun Joong finally snapped out of it and realized that everyone was clapping at the performance.

“That was amazing you guys! Now I know what the DJ meant when she said you guys are Korean’s top sensation! You people are truly our top sensation!” Mandy said as the guys came back and sat down.
“DJ? What DJ?” Jung Min asked confused.
“Oh that’s right. You guys weren’t there. It doesn’t matter, but what matters is that you guys are…Whoa!” Mandy replied to Jung Min.


“Thank you. Actually it’s not just only in Korea but all around the world,” Hyung Jun said while turning red. He was blushing and it was really obvious.
“Well, Keep up the good works! And with talent like that, I wouldn’t be surprised if you took over the universe,” Mandy commented with a laugh. “Thank you very much,” Young Saeng said graciously.


“That was magnificent. You were unbelievable,” I whispered in Hyun Joong’s ear as he sat back down. Hyun Joong now was blushing too.
“Thank you,” he responded timidly. “I guess that’s what I was trying to tell you today in the ski lift,”he continued quietly while looking in to my eyes.(OMG~~~~~~ )
“Wow you guys! That was the bomb! I was completely blown away,” Mandy spoke up.
“Well thank you Mandy!” Hyun Joong said cheerfully.

 


“Yeah…I kind of feel bad about not mentioning it earlier but… I’m having my birthday party tomorrow. Well, I would really like it if you guys would come,” Mandy said a bit embarrassed because she hadn’t said a word about the party to the guys. “Oh, you mean we weren’t invited before? Oh well, we were gonna crash it anyway,” Jung Min teased.

“No, no! It’s not like that! I thought you guys would be coming anyway. I just wanted to invite you more formally. So you guys better come!”
“You’re So lucky!!!!!!!! We will. I was only kidding, He said as he laughed.

 

“Okay! That’s good. Because I thought I’d have to beat you over the head with a hammer and drag you there!” Mandy teased Jung Min. “Well, now that we’re formally invited…would you…maybe…umm… I dunno…like to go…as my…date?” Hyun Joong whispered to me. He especially said the last bit very timidly. “I mean, just to make it official.”


“Um...I don’t know Kim Hyun Joong!!!. I’m gonna have to think about it. I don’t know if I’m ready yet. Lemme sleep on it, ok?,” I joked with him. Just as i said that, i saw his smiling face turn completely disappointed. He lost the gleams in his eyes and looked really hurt. I couldn’t bear to see him like that so i spoke up, “ I was only kidding Hyun Joong!!. Of course I’ll be your date. I’d be crazy not to. And plus, when’s the next time a huge STAR is gonna ask me to be his date?” I said with a giggle.


“I hope I’m the only one who does that,” Hyun Joong said quietly. He changed his expression so fast it was actually quite cute. He was smiling like a small child on Christmas morning. I gave him a little kiss on the cheek just to make him blush. “So you’ll be my date?”
“Couldn’t you tell by that kiss?” I said just to remind him what he had said earlier to me that day. Hyun Joong was beaming now and everyone’s heart just melted by watching us.

“Aww! You guys! That’s so cute! How about we get outta here now? I don’t really,  feel like eating my chocolate mousse cake anymore,” Mandy suggested to the group.
“Yeah, I’m not hungry for my dessert either,” Jung Min said .

“Okay, so I’ll pay the bill and then we can leave,” Mandy insisted.
“NOT A CHANCE MANDY! PUT YOUR PURSE AWAY AT THIS INSTANCE!” Jung Min shouted nearly giving Mandy and himself a heart attack. Fortunately, no one else in the chalet heard him, because they were too busy laughing at whomever it was making a fool of themselves by singing karaoke.

 
“Okay Jung Min. No need to be rude,” Mandy shot back at Jung Min.
“I’m sorry. But I’ll pay for this.”
“No you won’t Pal. I’ll do it,” Hyun Joong insisted pushing Jung Min’s hand aside.
“No, no. I’ll pay,” Hyung Jun joined in.
“Boy, when one of you doesn’t want to pay, none of you want to do it. But once someone insists on paying all of you want to pay. Men! Some things I will never understand!” I joked as i reminded the guys of what happened that afternoon over lunch.

 

“That’s why I said I’d do it,” Mandy mumbled as she took out the money from her purse. Jung Min saw this and immediately brushed her hand away. He quickly took out his money, called the waiter for the bill, and paid before anyone else had the chance to do so. With everyone ready to leave, we all got up and headed back to the lounge for a while.