Chapter 1

IF IT'S MEANT TO BE, IT WILL BE

  "Well, it's time for lunch!. There are quite a number of good restaurants around this area, but I thought it'd be better for all of you to find your own food instead of me taking you all to some place where you don't like the food.

 

   So, here's the deal, look around for a good lunch, and meet back here at the bus in say an hour and a half? If you'd like to shop around, there's a little shopping arena just behind this building, OK? Now those who want to follow me for lunch, I'll be having “Bulgogi”, so anybody up for it?"

 

  “Ji Min”, the tour guide asked and a few people's hands shot up and they followed her to a nearby restaurant. The other tourists scattered around and I turned to find my friend “Mandy”. "So? Where do we go? I'm really full after that heavy breakfast we had so I don't wanna eat much." I declared to her.

 

   "Well, neither do I, She said as she gave a small smile. I think before I go for lunch, I better introduce myself and where am I and why... OK, I'm “Nadia” but everyone calls me 'Na..” I had moved to Korea at the drop of a hat. My father, owner of an electrical company had decided that it was best to move to Korea where the company’s products were manufactured. but it had meant that I’d had to leave my boarding school, and come to a new college here in Seoul.

I’d missed my friends so much that I had wasted loads of money on the phone bill and had been banned from using it. I didn’t think that I’d ever fit in here but now I actually have a good and trustable friend whom I met in the school, Now we are here on a Sightseeing trip to see and get to know with Seoul the heart of Korea “ OK, I think I better go find someplace to have a light munch first...


                            

    "Well, I think I see a little cafe over there. Wanna try it? They'd probably have some pastries or cakes or something like that. We could top it with a coffee of two. . Okay with it 'Na?  “Mandy” said as she peered over my shoulder at the long row of shops. "

 

   Yeah, sure, good idea Mandy" I answered and we headed down to the cafe. Now, I'm not really sure what happened here but this was what I went through.


   I was crossing the road in the lead with Mandy behind me and , Suddenly a Motorbike came speeding down the road and I heard she cry out, " 'Na! Watch out!!!!" I thought what had happened but before I could find out, I heard a loud crash and after all I could remember was total darkness. This was what Mandy told me later about what had happened.

 

OTHER POINT OF VIEW!

   “you should hurry and come, otherwise we have to cancel the program for some other time! And you know what will happen…!” his manager said over the phone …, “okay! I’ll be there in 20 minutes!  …!”  he said while a Motorbike passed over his car hastily, then he saw me in the middle of the street, and shouted (ooooh,NO! GOD! What’s she doing…there…hurry!! Move….oh,NOOOO!) the biker braked but actually couldn’t control his stability !!! And smashed!!!  

 

The next minute, Mandy saw me lying on the road in a small puddle of blood. she couldn't tell at first that I was bleeding but she saw my white T-shirt turning a fresh blood red. The biker didn’t wait to see what happed, turned and ran off!!!

Mandy hovered over me trying to see if I  was...uh, you know, unconscious? "'Na, wake up! Are you all right? Nadia! please don't, don't die! Please, wake up!"She was practically screaming at me.

 

The car stopped and the driver came out of his car quickly, “OMG!! Are you okay?!” can you hear me?! Please, wake up!"(Soon there were a ring of people surrounding!) The driver’s familiar smooth voice got the attention of the people so they looked up to see who it was, and they got shock as the man looked exactly like “Kim Hyun Joong…!” Mandy stared at him in shock and whispered, oh my god!!!"HYUN JOONG? Is that really you?" she exclaimed. The guy looked up at her and said," well …, we've got no time for that. Help me to carry her to the car, I'll drive her to the hospital straightaway!" "But, we came on tour and we're supposed to meet back at the bus in an hour and a half!" she told the man. ( People were screaming loud)

 

  "Well, I don't care about that now! Are you off your nut? She's bleeding terribly now, how can she wait an hour and half?" The guy scolded her. She noticed that he had already carried me gently to his car, and she thought what 'Na would have done if she could see what was happening right now. Just then she phoned back to Ji Min. " Ji Min, 'Na was knocked down by… And YOU CAN’T believe it, a NICE MAN arrived at the right time and he's gonna drive her to the hospital now, I'll meet you back at the hotel, ok? I'll call you again later." She hurriedly told Ji Min and ran back to the guy and me. He was lying me on the backseat and told Mandy to seat with me…

 

   Soon, in less than five minutes we were at the Hospital and 'and I was rushed into the Emergency Room immediately……, 15 minutes later… “Mandy” was in the waiting room with tears streaming down her cheeks and prayed for the best, the guy was in a far corner when his mobile phone ranged…

“Mr. KIM???!!!…said the Dr. while coming out from the Emergency Room oH! glad too see you! But sorry..um..well you can't use your cell phones at the hospital. He seemed very worried and stressed when he put down his phone!.

   "Look uh...uh.." he started. "Mandy!" she supplied. "Uh, yeah, Mandy, look, I'm really sorry about what happened to your friend uh..." he stopped again "Nadia” she supplied again. "Uh, yeah, Nadia!, but…Look uh.. I've an urgent business to do And Gotta go, I'll pay for her medical fees. Then I will come back later to see her, all right??  She thanked and gave a shocking nod to him! Then he left!

 

While leaving he asked the doctor hurriedly: “ Is she all right now?" "Yeah, she's out of danger now, but we have to keep her under observation for a day, then she can be discharged. Please do not agitate her, or her wounds may open again...”

" thank you Dr. surely” he looked so sincere. Then he turned around and saw some girls glancing around. as they saw him yelled excitedly "KIM HYUN JOONG!!!" and ran towards him…

    he had a tired look on his face and Dr. thought it had better to help him shake off those fans. he believed that he had enough problems today already to entertain these fans. he stood up and blocked the fans' way. "Look here girls, I'm sorry but Mr. KIM's really tired now.

   Then Hyun Joong said “ I have an important meeting. So I've gotta go If you'd just pass me this time I promise you all, I will hold a fan meeting someday soon so all of you can attend! He said as he smiled to the fans before leaving the waiting room… (all the girls went wild!!!)

 

MY POINT OF VIEW!

   After waiting for what seemed like forever, I was finally wheeled out. Mandy jumped to her feet and ran over to me... on the portable bed As she waited for me to wake up, she thought about the whole thing" Whoa! What if he was Hyun Joong  For real..!

   Just then, from the bed came a small weak voice. "Mandy? Are you there? Ow..." I struggled to say as I tried to move myself. She rushed to my bedside. "Oh thank God you're fine... I was so worried about you.

 Hyun Joong’s double too, he said he'd come back later to see you...do you want some water?" she asked me.

 "Yeah, water's good. Wait a minute, what did you just say? Hyun Joong? What Hyun Joong? I asked confused.

 

   "Oh, after you knocked down by a motorbike ! a gentleman who looked exactly like “Kim Hyun Joong brought you here!..No actually he was even handsomer than him…um! He had to go but promised to return later." she told slowly, as if deliberately. "What if he was really himself !"

   I shot up from the bed. "Nadia! You've just come out from the operation! Sit back, relax... all right?" Mandy told me and gently pushed me back onto the bed. "Okay, I'll tell you everything that happened..." she sat down next to me and said everything that happened. but truly I didn’t believe what was she said to me after all that, Ji Min called, and Mandy had to left…