Chapter22

IF IT'S MEANT TO BE, IT WILL BE

“Na? Is that you?!” Hyung Jun exclaimed as he spotted Hyun Joong and I side by side headed his way.
“Hey Hyung Jun!” I said with a big smile. “How are you?”
“I’m all right. I’m surprised to see you here,” he said looking at me and then giving me a slight hug.
“Hyung Jun, who’s this?” a soft female voice inquired calmly, as she approached from behind. Hyung Jun pulled away and turned around.
“‘Yoon Ah’, this is Nadia J. Nadia, this is Lee Yoon Ah,” he introduced us as he bent over while taking a couple of Yoon Ah’s bags. Yoon Ah looked like she was enjoying herself; she had at least five bags in each hand.


“Oh, hello Na!!!. It’s nice to meet you,” Yoon Ah said stretching her free hand out with no hint of jealousy in her voice. She was very sincere and was probably used to Hyung Jun hugging millions of girls.
“You too,” I replied a bit intimidated by how gorgeous she was.
“And hello Hyun Joong,” Yoon Ah greeted.
“Ahh! So I’m not invisible,” he laughed. “Hello Yoon Ah, hey Hyung Jun.”
“Hey sham. So what brings the two of you here? You especially, Na?”
“Well, it’s a long story, as a matter of fact Hyun Joong brought me along with him. Besides, he’s showing me around so we decided to come to “Myung-dong” Street, I explained sneaking a few glances at Yoon Ah. I couldn’t get over how pretty she was.


“Well it’s good you came. How do you like your stay so far?” Yoon Ah asked.
“Well, I got here 3 days ago but indeed everyone is so welcoming. I just receiving so much love……!. Oh!  By the way, You know!!!!! When we were walking, There was one man who was talking and I kept staring at his face,” I got all excited. “He kind of noticed me and winked. He was approaching me when hyun Joong gave him a cold stare as he came closer to me. The man turned around so fast that I couldn’t help but fell down.” I started laughing really hard just explaining the incident. This got everyone laughing out loud in the middle of the street.


“Hey, do you guys wanna get some coffee? There’s a nice café right around the corner. We could catch up on our chitchat,” Hyung Jun suggested trying to recover from laughing.
“That’s a great idea. How’s that for you, Na?” Hyun Joong asked.
“Sounds good to me.”
“All right, let’s go,” Hyung Jun said the final words. With that, we all headed to the café for a nice afternoon coffee break.

“Well how the devil are you?” Young Saeng exclaimed walking into Hyun Joong’s home where me, Hyun Joong, Kyu Jong, Jung Min, Hyung Jun and Yoon Ah were. Hyun Joong and I convinced Hyung Jun and Yoon Ah to come along to “Myung-dong”  so that everyone could hang out together. Young Saeng walked in the door and gave me a great big hug that left me gasping for air.
“Hey!!! Young Saeng!!!, don’t kill the girl,” Kyu Jong yelled out noticing how flushed I  was looking. Young Saeng ignored Kyu Jong and sat down on the couch where everyone was. They had bowls of chips and popcorn with them along with cans of pop while playing cards and having a good time. Young Saeng decided to chat up with me and question about my visit and basically catch up on the past few months. While he did so, the others went on with their game.

After about an hour and Young Saeng had gotten there, everyone decided to watch a movie. Obviously it was a gruesome horror movie which Young Saeng had picked up on the way over. He did that intentionally so that I could snuggle up to Hyun Joong and cling onto him at the scary parts. You could always count on good ol’ Young Saeng for always having tricks up his sleeve!

Once the movie finished, it was very late, so Hyung Jun, Yoon Ah and Young Saeng decided to spend the night in “Myung-dong”. Hyung Jun went over to Kyu Jong’s house while Young Saeng went with Jung Min. Yoon Ah stayed at Hyun Joong’s and was to share a room with me. “Come on Hyung Jun. That’s enough recommending her,” Kyu Jong said teasingly, while pulling Hyung Jun towards himself.
“Oi Kim! Wait ‘til you get a girl. Then watch me interrupt you,” Hyung Jun snapped. Apparently he got grouchy if anyone . “Yoon Ah, are you sure you’ll be all right here? I mean if you want me to stay with-“
“I’ll be fine Hyung Jun. Don’t worry ………! ,” Yoon Ah convinced as she bowed him goodnight.

 

“Yeah Hyung Jun, it’s not like Hyun Joong’s gonna barbecue her and eat her piece by piece just like barbecued ribs…. mmmm….ribs!” Young Saeng said his lips as he gave himself a craving for food. This had everyone in fits of laughter except Hyung Jun. He himself was blushing from embarrassment and anger. Luckily, Yoon Ah whispered something in his ear, which prevented him from bursting out and had him on his way with Kyu Jong. Right after They left, Jung Min and Young Saeng made their exit. This left Yoon Ah, me, and Hyun Joong to do one thing; go off to sleep. Hyun Joong had showed us to our room, and then went off to his new room.

During the night, me and Yoon Ah bonded really well. We stayed up and talked about how each dealt with Our boyfriend being away ever so often. We covered topics from guys to clothes in a matter of hours. We were like two high school girls at a sleepover. I felt i had made a new friend who i could trust completely. However i also thought about my friend back home and described her to Yoon Ah. Finally, when all the topics had been covered and we were worn out from chatting and squealing, we too dozed off to sleep.

“Aren’t you tired from all this shopping?” I laughed at Yoon Ah who was carrying handfuls of bags once again. “Didn’t you and Hyung Jun just go shopping yesterday?”
“Yeah, but a girl can never shop too much.”
“Oh…is that sooo!!!?? Well… I love shopping too, but don’t you think it’s a bit too much???. Actually I came so that i could take a look around and get to know with the area.” I said while giggling . It was just the two of us out at the mall, having a blast. (Yoon Ah was mainly doing the shopping anyway.) The guys were out preparing for a special dinner that they were going to have that evening. This was the main reason we were at the mall; to get new dresses for the occasion.


“Well, I’m going to have to get you into the habit now,” Yoon Ah joked with me. “Ooooh! C’mon NA, you are so gonna try that dress on!” she squealed as she walked by a store with a gorgeous dress in the window. We went inside and I tried on the dress. It was a dark maroon-burgundy dress with black embroidered designs and thing straps. I fell in love with the dress on the spot and bought it right away. We then continued on laughing and walking around in the mall.
“So, you and Hyun Joong barely get to see each other, huh? I can completely relate to that. But it must be hard on you, having to get used to life in the spotlight,” Yoon Ah got a serious conversation going on.


“Yeah, it’s hard. But I’ve just had one encounter so far. It’s kinda hard just to see him in pictures or interviews. But I’m learning to adapt to Hyun Joong’s crazy lifestyle,” I replied honestly and openly.
“I see. Well as long as you guys are happy, then that’s all that matters.”
“Yeah, you’re right. Sometimes I wonder how I cope with not even knowing where Hyun Joong is or what he’s up to. I know I must sound silly, but I can’t stand being away from him,” I said timidly as we sat down on a bench.


“Don’t worry. You don’t sound silly, and I completely understand you. You’ll be fine; it just takes some getting used to. But I’m sure Hyun Joong can’t stand being apart from you. Just spend each day to the fulles-,” Yoon Ah was saying but was interrupted by her cell phone. She quickly dug through her purse and grabbed the phone. “Hello? Oh Hyung Jun,” she exclaimed. She mouthed and gestured ‘1 minute’ to me and walked a few steps away. I decided to get up and walk over to the little convenience booth, which was nearby. All the different magazines and all the different celebrities on the covers fascinated me. Just as i was taking one off the newsstand, my eye caught the cover of one particular magazine. It was a ‘KOREANSTARS’ magazine with Hyun Joong on the cover.

At first i only caught a glimpse of it, but once i took it off the stand and read the whole headline, I gasped in horror and dropped it on the ground, while covering my mouth with my hand. On the cover was a picture of Hyun Joong and……..another woman! He was caught in action giving her a kiss on the lips. The headline read:

The Hallyu star KIM HYUN JOONG :
His SECRET “Love Life”…EXPOSED!

 

I was furious, hurt and shocked at the same time. Even though i felt like i had been stabbed in the heart, i found myself picking the magazine up and turning to the instructed pages only to uncover many shots of Hyun Joong with another girl. One shot showed a kiss, while another showed him hugging her. I stared at the pages in disbelief and prayed that i was dreaming. When i realized it was reality, tears came rolling down my cheeks because i failed to keep strong. I couldn’t bear to look at the pictures any longer, so i shut the magazine and placed it back on the stand.

 

Thoughts were racing through my mind and i came to the conclusion that all men were low scumbags and unfaithful beyond compare. I was thinking that i had found someone that I could trust when i found Hyun Joong. He made me feel special. He made me feel loved and now…now when i felt as though i could tell him that i loved him, he went and broke my heart.

While thinking all of this, the tears kept coming and i couldn’t help myself. I felt like i was going to break down right in the middle of the mall. I tried to pull myself together but was unsuccessful. I tried again to calm down, and wiped away my tears. It’s a good thing i didn’t wear mascara everyday, or i would have been in real trouble. Once my face was dry and i felt a bit secure to go back, i made my way to Yoon Ah, keeping a fake smile on my face. When i got back, Yoon Ah was still on the phone; however, she hung up just as I returned.
“Sorry about that. It was just Hyung Jun checking to see how we were doing. He’s such a sweetheart,” Yoon Ah explained proudly causing me to feel a striking pain in my heart.


“I know. He can be really sweet,” I said quietly.
“Are you okay, Na? You’re eyes are really red,” Yoon Ah asked concerned. I started to panic because i didn’t want to tell her what had just happened.
“Uh…yeah. I’m just a bit tired from all this shopping. I don’t think I can keep up with you. Um…if you don’t mind, would it be all right if we head back?”
“Umm….all right. I guess we can go. But are you sure you’re all right?” Yoon Ah asked extremely concerned.
“Yes, I’m fine. Let’s just go.” So with Yoon Ah in agreement, we headed back for Hyun Joong’s house. During the car ride I sat in silence and thought about what i was going to do once i got ‘home.’