Chapter 13

IF IT'S MEANT TO BE, IT WILL BE

“Go! Go! Go! GOoooooAL! Yes!” Me and Mandy screamed as we jumped up from our seats on the couch in the lounge. We were watching soccer on TV and our team just scored a goal. We were standing up and giving each other ‘high-five’ and the guys were just shocked by our behaviour that they just sat there staring at us in disbelief.

 

“All right! That was a sweet goal!” I exclaimed as i calmed down and sat back down.
“Never in my life have I seen girls go this crazy about sports!! Not even “ Lee Yoon Ah “  Hyung Jun said as he shook his head in shock.
“Yeah, I agree with Hyung Jun! You girls went mad!” Jung Min defended Hyung Jun.
“But didn’t you see that goal?” Mandy questioned in an ‘are you blind or something’ tone.
“Of course I did. I just didn’t expect you two jump outta your seats and go wild,” Jung Min mumbled timidly.


“Yeah, well, we did! You guys sure look- Oh my God! Go! Go! Fight! More violence!” Mandy didn’t finish her sentence. She was diverted to the fight that had happened near the net. “ Hyung Jun, remember over dinner you asked where i learned to smack? Well, there’s your answer!” she said to Hyung Jun as she pointed to the fight.
“I wouldn’t doubt that one bit!” Hyung Jun said as he laughed at the scene on the television.

 

“The youth of today! What is this world coming to?” Young Saeng said as he threw his hands over his face and pretended to be disappointed by shaking his head in disgust. “What kind of a sport is this anyway? I mean, any idiot could shoot a white pneumatic thing inside of a huge net.  Hockey on the other hand, now that’s a real sport!”


“Oh really Young Saeng? Well first of all, that white pneumatic thing is called a ball. For heaven’s sake, get it right! And secondly, isn’t hockey like ‘footie’ in a way? I mean any fool could shoot a small puck inside of a net,” Mandy questioned Young Saeng making him feel stupid. “Hey! She is right, Young Saeng !!! It’s a very hard job to shoot a ball in to the net. I’ll have you know that I’m a soccer player at FCMEN!” Hyun Joong stood up for himself. “Well, I rest my case,” Mandy teased Young Saeng. “Like I said, any ‘fool’ could shoot a small puck inside of a net!” This made Young Saeng blush so much, he just looked to the ground.

 

“So Hyun Joong, how did you get from being a hallyu star to a football player? I take it you’re skilled in both! ” Mandy questioned Hyun Joong, “Well, I guess you can say aside of that, football has always been my favorite! He said that with a gleaming eyes and a sweet smile on his face. “So.. Na!, what’s your favourite footie- or wait, that’s better…! Well, what’s your favourite ‘European soccer’ team?” Kyu Jong questioned me trying to get me involved in the conversation.

“NO! Wait Na! Don’t answer yet! Let’s see if you and Hyun Joong, here, have something else you can add to your ‘Things in common’ list. When I count to three, both of you yell out your favourite team, okay?” Young Saeng suggested the idea.
“Well, this should be interesting!” Hyun Joong said with a smirk.
“Yeah, it should!” Young Saeng agreed.
“I meant, it should be interesting to see you count to three, Young Saeng!” Hyun Joong laughed making everyone else laugh.
“Hey! Watch it KIM! Another comment and I’ll have to kiss Na just to teach you a lesson!” Young Saeng replied quick-wittedly.
“I’d be sorry for the poor girl if you ever kiss her!” Hyun Joong shot back.
“I’m warning you KIM Hyun Joong!”

 

( OMG!!!!! What are they talking about?!!!!)
“Okay! Can we continue with Young Saeng’s idea?” I cut in. I was so confused and embarrassed with their argument that i just looked at the floor. “Yes! Let’s! As I was saying, I will count to three and the both of you blurt out your teams, ok?” “So wait Young Saeng, lemme see if I got this right. You count to three and then I… What do I do again?” Hyun Joong teased Young Saeng even more. Young Saeng just shot Hyun Joong an evil look and continued.


“Okay… 1…2… 2 and a half…2 and three quarters…3…”
“SPAIN” we both screamed at the top of our lungs. It was such a hilarious sight. Everyone in the lounge was staring at us but they didn’t care. They just bursted out laughing and so did the rest of the group.

“Whoa! You guys sure you’ve never met before- not even in a previous life? I mean, you guys are really starting to freak me out!” Young Saeng commented in disbelief. He wasn’t the only one that was shocked. Hyun Joong and I were just as surprised.


“Oh just great, Na. you’re just like him, but how do you have to have the same favourite footie team as him? Kyu Jong said with wonder. “well, It’s just that number 9 on Spain, you know ‘Fernando Torres’, he’s just so cute. And his also a good soccer player”

“So now you’re saying that I’m NOT! Thanks a lot Na. I thought we had something special? I guess I was wrong,” Hyun Joong pretended to be really hurt so he crossed his arms and sat next to me with a pout. He looked like an adorable child when he was mad. It was so cute!

“No, I didn’t mean it like that. I don’t pay too much attention to that, You’re the most cutest person in the Word !” I said as i gave him a little kiss on the cheek.
He looked at me still looked gloomy, “I can’t seem to make you or anybody happy today. Anything I say gets totally blown outta proportion!” I remarked as i threw my hands in the air and shook my head back and forth in disappointment.


“Welcome to our world!” all of the ‘SS’s said at the exact same time. They all looked at one another and threw their heads back and started to laugh. It was like they rehearsed it or something. It was just too funny; guess you had to be there to see that. The laughter continued on for another 15 minutes or so when Mandy  spoke up,

 

“Well guys. I think I’ll be heading to bed now. I gotta wake up early tomorrow and prepare for the party. Goodnight everybody,” she said as she got up from her seat on the couch.
“Wait up Mandy. I’m gonna head to my room too” Jung Min said as he quickly got up too.  

“Now that you mention it, I’m gonna be off too. It’s time for my beauty sleep,” Young Saeng commented in a feminine voice as he left the couch as well. “I hate to break it to you Heo Young Saeng, but a year’s worth of beauty sleep wouldn’t do you any good!” Kyu Jong teased his ‘mate.’”

“Ha ha Kim! I may be not beautiful, but at least I don’t have that problem that you have!.” “What the hell are ye talking about, Young Saeng?” Kyu Jong asked very confused. Hyun Joong was just as curious to hear what his friend had to say.
“Well, let’s just say, I don’t need to practice a million times just to sing a short line and still be out of tone!!!” Young Saeng grinned and laughed. This made Kyu Jong really embarrassed. He never thought that his friend would say such a thing. He just looked down and played with his rings.

 

“Young Saeng, isn’t it past your bed time? You gotta wake up early tomorrow if you wanna hit the slopes. And even if you don’t I’ll come and personally wake you up bright and early just for the hell of it! So I suggest that you head for your room now!”

I shot back at Young Saeng after noticing the bad situation.
“Yes Ma’am,” Young Saeng said with surprise as he saluted me and walked off with Mandy and Jung Min.

“well…I’m leaving too,” I declared as i got up from the couch where i was sitting next to Hyun Joong. “Goodnight ‘Hyunnie’ my cute soccer player. I thought I can call you like that now” I whispered as i bowed a little and walked away.

“She must be the most beautiful person I’ve ever met, physically and internally. I wish I met her before you Hyun Joong,” Kyu Jong confessed as he said ‘Hyunnie’ mocking my voice. The two of them just stood there watching me disappear into the distance…“Yeah I know, she’s really something.” Hyun Joong said as he was thinking (where was she for the last 28 years of my life?)”

 

“Gee…look who’s talking this way…Are you really the Kim Hyun Joong.. that I knew!!! You have completely changed!!! But thanks pals, now I know what to tell ‘Yoon Ah’ the next time I see her…whenever that’ll be,” Hyung Jun said disappointedly as he watched and listened to his friends talk. “you know Hyung Jun, It’s just that she makes me feel Happy. You don’t think it’s a bit too early to say that, do you?” Hyun Joong questioned as he turned around to face Hyung Jun “Um…No comments,” Kim Hyung Jun replied but Hyun Joong wasn’t too interested in what Hyung Jun was going to say for he turned around once again to make sure I was out of his view.

 

“Okay! Goodnight lads….” and Kyu Jong walked off into the distance as well. Well I guess it’s just you and me Kim Hyun Joong.”
“Nah Hyung Jun. We should go to bed too.”
“Oi mate! I can’t believe you just suggested that! I’m not like that. I never knew you were!” Hyung Jun teased.
“No Kim Hyung Jun! I didn’t mean it like ‘that.’ You sleep in your bed, and I sleep in mine. You’re sick-minded Hyung Jun. No wonder Yoon Ah calls you an animal,” Hyun Joong defended himself as he laughed at what he said. Hyung Jun couldn’t help but laugh either. The two of them finally got up and started to head in the direction of their room. However, they were still laughing like mad.