Chapter21

IF IT'S MEANT TO BE, IT WILL BE

“You’ll never guess where I am right now!” I exclaimed into the phone. “I’m still having a hard time believing it.”
“Well? Where are you?” Mandy screeched impatiently at the other end.
“I’m in the car on my way to Hyun Joong’s….HOME!”
“WHAT?!?!? Please tell me you’re jokin’.”
“I would if I was! Hyun Joong’s right here too,” I said as i put the phone by Hyun Joong and he yelled ‘Hello’ into it.
“What are you doing, going there without me?” she laughed as the phone was returned to me.


“Well it was a last minute thing, really. I can’t believe I’m in his car on my way to his home!”
“I know. You’re such a spoiled brat!” Mandy teased.
“I love you too,” I replied laughing.
“Yeah, yeah. I know. But what do your parents say about this?” Mandy asked turning a bit serious.
“Well firstly, they love Hyun Joong-well my mom anyway. And secondly, they said all that ‘parent stuff.’ My mom just said that I should be careful and that I shouldn’t rush myself into anything. You know how worried my mom gets. But other than that, she’s cool with it. Besides, it’s just for a week or two. Anyway, I gotta go now. I’ll give you all the details when I get back.”


“All right. Well have fun and take care. Oh! And give your lover boy and the others my regards.”
“Lover boy?” I laughed as i looked over at Hyun Joong. “Okay, I will. Talk to you soon, bye.”
“Buh bye,” Mandy said hanging up the phone.
“Well, she freaked out on me, I wish I could have brought the others along. Oh well! I’ve got you and that’s more than enough,” I said resting my head on his shoulder.
“And I’ve got you. I’m sorry we couldn’t bring the others as well. It’s just that I want to spend time with you alone,” he replied taking my hand.

 

“Oh…, I’m so excited! I haven’t seen the guys since the airport, and now I get to meet your family. I hope they like me,” I mumbled the last bit very faintly. Unfortunately it wasn’t quiet enough and Hyun Joong heard me.
“Of course they’ll like you-they’ll love you. Besides my mum gets so teary-eyed when I talk about you,” he comforted. “It’ll be fine.”
“You talk to your mother about me?” I questioned lifting my head and giving him a questioning look.
“All the time,” he laughed.
“That’s so adorable,” I squealed pinching his nose. Hyun Joong couldn’t stop laughing and commented,
“My mum is going to love you- probably more than me!” finally when we finished talking, he stopped the car to get something from a market. But as we got out of the car and stepped foot on ground I heard someone shouting!!!.



“Oh my God! Look! It’s KIM HYUN JOONG !!!!!!!!!!!!” a girl screamed out loud to her friends or sister right when she recognized him. Hyun Joong was wearing sunglasses and a cap now to disguise himself, but it obviously didn’t work. The girls and their reaction to Hyun Joong startled me who was right beside him. I was especially overwhelmed when the girls started running towards us-I had never witnessed anything like this before and was experiencing it first hand within a matter of minutes of my present with him.
“Just great,” Hyun Joong mumbled to me quite annoyed. “Stay here for a second,” he said as he hid me behind a pillar in the street. I did as i was told because i felt he knew what he was doing. Luckily the fans didn’t notice me when i peeked from behind and saw Hyun Joong signing a couple autographs and taking a few pictures. He finished taking pictures with a girl and then headed back to me.


“I take it you get that a lot? You were so calm,” I said as he returned. “They scared the living daylights outta me.” Hyun Joong laughed at my remark.
“Yeah, I guess we’re used to it. I think we should leave though before it gets scarier,” he said looking around if anyone else noticed. To our luck, everyone was minding their own business, which gave us the perfect chance to make our getaway.
“I won’t argue with that. I’m still shocked.”
“All right, let’s go,” Hyun Joong said as we quickly got in the car, heading for his home.

“Hyun Joong, dear! You’re home!” Hyun Joong’s mother Mrs. Kim exclaimed with joy as she saw Hyun Joong open the door to the house. “Welcome home!”
“Hey mum. How are ye?” he asked still standing by the door.
“I’m fine. Well aren’t you coming in? I’m expecting a hug.”
“Yeah. But I’ve got a surprise,” he said looking to the side. His mom just gave him a confused look and waited for him to continue. “Mum, I’d like you to meet…Nadia,” he said bringing me into the house by the hand. I entered the house shyly and started blushing right when i stepped in. Mrs. Kim was shocked and placed her hand over .


“Well I’ll be!” she whispered, tears forming in her eyes.
“Hello Mrs. Kim,” I greeted timidly.
“Hello dear! It’s so lovely to finally meet you,” she said running over to me and hugging me before hugging Hyun Joong. “I’ve heard so much about you,” she said still hugging me.
“So I’ve heard,” I said easing into the environment. Mrs. Kim pulled away and laughed as she gave her son a hug.

“Well come in, come in!” she insisted gesturing the two of us to sit down.
“Thank you,” I said picking up my bags and heading in.
“Oh, leave that dear. I’ll get Young Joong to take that for you,” she said heading to the stairs. “Young Joong! Young Joong, come down!” she yelled from the bottom of the stairwell.
“Oh that’s all right Mrs. Kim. I can manage. But thank you.”
“Nonsense!” she laughed. “Young Joong!”
“Mum, that’s all right. I’ll take them,” Hyun Joong spoke up.
“Déjà vu,” I laughed as i remembered how Me and Hyun Joong met each other in the resort. We both started to laugh, but Mrs. Kim looked at us confused.
“Did I miss something?” she asked.


“Nope, nothing mum. C’mon Na, have a seat,” Hyun Joong said leading me to the couch.
“Well, I’ll leave you two alone. I have to check up on dinner. Settle in and freshen up,” Mrs. Kim said heading for the kitchen. Before she walked in she turned around and said, “Nadia, think of this as your home away from home. Don’t feel like a stranger and make yourself comfortable sweetheart.”

“See, I told you she’d love you,” Hyun Joong said quietly. I flashed him a smile and looked around the house extremely fascinated at how cozy it looked.
“Yeah I guess you were right. Well maybe I should go in and see if your mother needs help,” I said getting up and walking into the kitchen before Hyun Joong could stop me.
“Oh hello dear,” Mrs. Kim exclaimed surprised to see me in the kitchen.
“Hello Mrs. Kim. Is there anything I could help you with?”
“Oh no! Not at all! You just got here, love. Here let me get you a drink,” she said heading to the refrigerator and handing me a glass of juice. “You must be exhausted from your trip. I wouldn’t be surprised if you weren’t hungry. What time did you leave your home, if you don’t mind me asking?” Mrs. Kim inquired trying to converse with me. “Oh…NO!!!! 10:00 a.m.,” I replied looking at my watch.

 

“Ahh! That’s why you’re probably not hungry. Well tell you what, you go have a nice shower and freshen up, and then come down for dinner if you get hungry. It should be done soon. Here I’ll get Hyun Joong to take you to your room.”
“Thank you,” I said gratefully as we walked into the family room where Hyun Joong was.
“Hyun Joong dear, could you take Nadia’s bags to your room? You can share with Young Joong while she’s our guest.” he nodded his head in response and got up to pick up my luggage once again. Mrs. Kim was satisfied with her son’s actions so she headed back into the kitchen.

 

“Here Hyun Joong, I’ll take that,” I offered taking my handbag and purse from him. he was going to be all macho and not let me take it, but he realized he wouldn’t be able to carry it all at once, so he didn’t refuse my help. We finally got up the stairs and made it to his room. When I walked in, the first thing i noticed was the picture frame i gave him, placed on his night table next to his bed.
“I look horrible in this picture!” I laughed dropping my stuff and picking the frame up.


“No you don’t. You look Nice…like always,” he replied putting the bags down, walking over to me and hugging me. I started to blush but that didn’t stop me from hugging him back. We were so in our own world that didn’t even notice the door was open.
“Hyun Joong!!!!? Uh oh! Maybe I should leave,” his mum said as she walked in and saw what we were doing. I pulled away abruptly and could feel my face burning with embarrassment.
“Oh mum, you here?” Hyun Joong asked as if nothing happened. I was amazed at how calm Hyun Joong was. It was as though he was used to it.
“well….i just wanted to see if she likes her room or what, but sorry, I think I should leave” she said giving us a sweet smile and headed back to the door.


“Oh, No! Please…!!!!!! ah…we were just..um…,” I started to answer her but found myself fumbling over the right words.

“Um…mum, where’s Hyeong?” Hyun Joong asked his mum and saved me from that embarrassing situation.
“He’s downstairs in the kitchen. He just went down.”
“Okay. Well Na, you can take a shower and freshen up. We’ll go down for dinner as soon as you’re done. Then I’ll introduce you to Hyeong and my dad,” Hyun Joong suggested “Yes, dear, have your rest”. I could feel butterflies in my stomach but i agreed and thanked them. So after unpacking a few things and settling into my room, I headed for the washroom to do my business. After half an hour, Me and Hyun Joong headed downstairs for a nice warm meal.