Chapter 4

IF IT'S MEANT TO BE, IT WILL BE

"OUT!!!!” Whistler the driver,  “here we are! Snow valley Resort...our home for the next week!!!!!!!!!" exclaimed Mandy with gleaming eyes as she got out of the car. Then she, headed towards the trunk to get her belongings that had packed for the holiday ahead of her! With her baggage in their hands, she went towards the resort.

 I was the next one to get out of the car because I needed time to be alone, and my friend respected that. Once at the trunk, I was having difficulties getting all of my possessions together. My handbag was obviously too heavy for me to carry, my bags were too big, and I had a million things to hold. (This is gonna be one looooong holiday!) I said to myself (How am I going to get through this if I can't even get through taking my luggage to my room?) though I prepared to carry everything to the lodge in one trip…

As I took my things, suddenly I lost my control spun around and was about to fall on the slippery snow covered ground… Just then, I felt a gentle around my shoulder. and when I came to my sense I was wrapped in someone’s arms!!! I jumped in a startle as I was and caught the eye with shocker…

Here it was… the “GUARDIAN ANGEL” the gentleman who saved my life, and he was wearing a hat and sunglasses…with a cheerful look on his face.

I managed to force a smile and say something, "oh My God! You scared the living daylights out of me!...but… what are you doing in here???" I explained while catching my breath, and adding a little laughter so he wouldn't be offended…

"I am sorry about that, but.. Um... I kinda noticed you dropped all of your things and you looked so funny while struggling with yourself _hehe_ he explained in an playful tone.(GOD!!!PLEASE…Don’t do this to me… he is just like …Hyun Joong…even his voice! but it can’t be…!)

"Erm... that's all right. No need to apologize. It's just my paranoia kicking in!" I quietly replied. " I would greatly appreciate your help, Thank you," As soon as I ended my sentence the young gentleman picked up my handbag and headed for the lodge. So I followed behind, “You can just leave them here. I'll get my friend to help me move them to my room," I softly spoke while looking around the lobby for Mandy.

 

 show me the way," I will bring them to your room" he persuasively replied. " he ended with a little smile…"Um... that's just the problem. I haven't the slightest clue to where my room is. I have to ask my friend. She‘s definitely know by now" I timidly responded, "Oh... I see ... Well... umm I ... er... better go then. My friends are probably looking for me anyway," he replied hesitantly. "But um ... are you sure this is where you want me to put them? I mean I can wait with you until-"


"Oh...no…that's all right. I'll be fine...I mean she’s probably just around the corner, -But thank you for your kindness. I mean... who knows if I'd still be outside or not right now... But truly, thank you," I reassured him. Even after hearing my reassurance, the fellow was still having doubts of leaving me all alone in the lobby. However, he didn't want to unnerve me, so with a simple bow, he went off to meet with his friends…

"There you are..! Where were you, and what took you so long? Do you know how long-” I was cut-off by Mandy.
" RELAX! I was looking for our room. and I put my stuff away- damn girl.”
"Oh.... Sorry... I don't know what's got into me, I mean I was looking for my room too...so Now will you help me get my things to my room?"

"Um... you mean OUR room," declared Mandy. "Us two, are sharing a room ! hope that's okay?" "Sure... I don't mind... as long as I have four walls, a roof. and a floor surrounding me... I'm a happy camper!" I expressed in an eager manner.

 

"That's the spirit! But, who are you and what have you done to the old, depressed, Na?” remarked Mandy, with a chuckle. After a good laugh, we picked up my equipment, and headed to our room…

 

When I was organizing my articles, it just hit me that What really brings that gentleman in here? And why… is he exactly look like…!!!! Even though realizing this , I didn't really believe in that…


"It's no big deal. It's just a coincidence," I kept saying trying to convince myself.
"What's no big deal? What's just a coincidence?" Mandy asked as she walked into the room wrapped in a towel. She had just come out of the shower and seemed concerned to find me talking to myself…

 

“Um....uh ... well I didn't know how to tell You. "Um... well... when I was outside, this guy I mean “My guardian angel” helped me bring my bags inside. And...uh…
"Oooh! YOUR…guardian angel? You mean that man who saved your life??? Huh? Is he in here ? are you sure he was the same person? asked Mandy in surprise ,


"Yes…I mean No!!!! well he didn’t say anything and I couldn’t see his face since he was  wearing a sun glasses and hat, But that's not the point, believe me this time He was even  more reminded me of-,"KIM HYUN JOONG”

"Well um... I was saying it's just a coincidence and that it was no big deal because… I ... um...just thinking about Hyun Joong too much…

"WHAT? Oh My God! You've got to be kidding me!"  Can you repeat that again? I could have sworn that this time you saw the real HYUN JOONG…!" quelled Mandy in a high-pitched voice.


"But I’m not sure…," I mumbled. "Oh what was that you were saying in the car, Mandy? Something like you wouldn't go ballistics!"  “Yeah, well, I lied!" she snapped back with laughter At this point, I was completely embarrassed, and I thought that Mandy would think I’m nuts!

"Well then! Look at the luck we have! The ski lifts are closed right now, right?" Mandy was actually very professional about this, which meant she had a plan. I looked at my watch.

 

“Yeah, they're closed. Why? What are you thinking?" I had a worried look on my face. I didn't like the expression Mandy had! "Well, if the lifts are closed and we can't go skiing, then no one else can- which means, he hang out in the lounge! Get ready ’cause that’s where we’re going"


"Mandy! Look at you! You're the one that needs to get ready! You're in a towel for crying out loud. Besides, you can go to the lounge, but I'm not going... I...uh... - don't have anything to wear.”


"You have a point, Nadia! I need to get dressed. As for you having nothing to wear... your maroon turtleneck sweater and black jeans will be fine. You're not going to a wedding that you need to dress up for! Well, not yet anyway! So hurry up please!"

 

Mandy quickly got up, hugged me, and went to get dressed. Mandy always did have a way with me. Right after she ran back into the bathroom, I quickly put on my maroon turtleneck sweater, which had a great affect on my brown eyes, and put on my black jeans like Mandy had mentioned. I quickly brushed my brown shoulder length hair and neatly tied it back in a ponytail, which swayed back and forth when I walked; I did all of this while I  sprayed on some of my  favourite perfume.

Just when I finished, Mandy was all dressed and ready to go. Mandy had on her favourite  Gap sweatshirt and her khaki pants as her straight auburn hair was hanging loose. We were quite calm as we headed down to the lounge.