Chapter25

IF IT'S MEANT TO BE, IT WILL BE

I was at Hyun Joong’s house celebrating Christmas .The house was filled with their guests and many Christmas decorations along with a cozy wintry appearance. Everyone was in front of the fireplace drinking and opening their presents. The tiny room along with the house was covered in Christmas decorations, such as holly wrapped around the banister on the stairs, a gorgeous wreath on the outside of the door, and tonnes of presents surrounding the lovely ornamented tree.


Outside, it was dark with the snow falling so heavenly to the ground, and covering the trees, making them look extremely magical. On the inside, the atmosphere was cozy and Christmassy as everyone sat close together in happiness.


“Wow!, it’s absolutely gorgeous. Thank you,” I exclaimed revealing a beautiful crystal butterfly chime, “thank you all very much,” I continued, looking at Mr. and Mrs. Kim along with Young Joong. Next was my turn to hand out all my gifts, and i did just that. Then i looked over at Hyun Joong’s family, who were busy tearing open their presents. Realizing that they were preoccupied, i pulled Hyun Joong into the kitchen with me.


“Hey you, what are you-“
“Shh! Don’t worry,” I said placing my finger on his lips. “I’m just giving you your present,” I continued handing it over to him. He was smiling now and was ready to open the gift.
“But don’t open it just yet,” I stopped him. He looked up and gave me a confused look. But before he could ask any questions, I looked him straight in the eyes. Hyun Joong who was beyond confused now just returned the gaze and waited for me to say something. “Hyun Joong, we have been through so much these past 11 months, that it amazes me to know we’re still going strong,” I began. “I mean, even though we started off with a rough start and had a few obstacles along the way, I’m so lucky to have gone through it all with you,” I continued as he smiled to every word.

 

“From day one you comforted me and did your best to keep me happy and safe, and I am completely grateful for that. You made me trust you when I felt I couldn’t trust again. You cared for me when I thought I couldn’t be cared for. I know it’s taken me a while to say what I’m going to say to you, but I just didn’t want to get hurt again. What I’m trying to say is…….Kim Hyun Joong….” I paused. Hyun Joong’s eyes grew bigger as he waited anxiously for me to continue. A shy grin spread on my face and then i started. “I am madly in love with you, and I love you with all my heart,” I finished with a beautiful smile on my face. He was so thrilled and speechless he picked me up in a huge hug and held me in a tight embrace not wanting to let go.

“I love you too! I love you!” he said rocking me back and forth in the air. I was holding onto him and laughing at the same time. I could feel tears forming in my eyes; I was so happy.

“I love you,” I repeated quietly.
“I love you,” he replied kissing my forehead. We then hugged again, Our hearts pounding with excitement.
“Well? Aren’t you going to open your gift?” I said pulling away and giving him an impatient look.
“Oh yeah!” Hyun Joong laughed as he saw the look on my face. He then began to unwrap the gift ever so slowly, tearing the tape piece by piece. I was getting rather annoyed and couldn’t keep it in any longer.
“By God Hyun Joong! Open the damn gift already!” I blurted out tempted to grab it out of his hands and open it myself. He was caught by surprise and laughed at my outburst causing me to blush, but then he ripped it open not wasting any time.


“Na!” he gasped. “You shouldn’t have,” he said pulling out a beautiful watch.
“I remembered you liked it when we went to the mall. I hope you still like it,” I confessed graciously.


“I love it. Thank you,” he said leaning in to kiss me, but I moved back didn’t let him. He gave me a hurtful look and he himself looked perplexed.  “There’s more to it,” I clarified slyly. Hyun Joong gave me an odd expression, so i explained. “Turn it over.” he did exactly that and on the reverse side of the watch engraved were the words:
I Love You Always.
Nadia

Hyun Joong couldn’t believe his eyes. Now he was beaming physically and from within. He leaned forward again and this time I allowed him to kiss me. The kiss was magical as if time had stopped and only the two of us existed. He then embraced me again, and this time tears formed in his eyes. When we pulled apart I saw that he was ready to cry. “Oh! Don’t cry. You’re gonna make me cry too,” I said teary-eyed looking in to his sparking brown eyes.


“I’m sorry. It’s just that I waited so long to tell you I loved you and to hear it from you. I didn’t want to scare you away or make you feel obligated to say ‘I love you’ to me until you were ready. But now it’s actually happening,” he explained honestly. This made me burst into tears.
“Well, I’ll say it again to prove it’s real. I, Nadia J, love you Kim Hyun Joong,” I said looking him in the eyes again. He smiled and afterwards we realized that it would be a good idea to head back to the other room.


When we walked into the room, silence fell upon us and everyone was staring at us with blank stares. They all looked worried that something was wrong because Hyun Joong and I looked like we had been crying. We then sat down and smiled just to show everyone that nothing was wrong and everything was more than fine. Unfortunately no one’s expression changed and they were waiting for an explanation for our absence.
“What?” Hyun Joong asked calmly looking at everyone. “I love her,” he said turning to me and catching my hand in his, causing everyone to be shock by happiness and continue on with their evening.

______________________

____________

____

Hello my dear friends, how are you???  Well… I’ve been thinking of how to finish the story lately, Yes!! all I need to do is finish—that is, write the ending.  The has come and gone. The major questions have more or less been answered and now it’s time to wrap it up. (*Don’t worry it’s not finished yet*) but….the question is, how do you like it till now? Are you feeling satisfied? 

Anyways please stay with me till the end.

Thanks! author Beloved Harmony ^^