Chapter 10

IF IT'S MEANT TO BE, IT WILL BE

"Happy Triple S 9th Anniversary"

“Daniel! Oh my God! My baby, are you all right?” the three of us were greeted by Daniel’s mother who was running to us. Just as she got to us, she took Daniel from Hyun Joong’s back, and overwhelmed her child with hugs and kisses.

This left Hyun Joong in a state of shock. Just imagine it; returning back to the lodge only to find the child on your back being snatched away before you can even realize what’s going on. “Oh my poor baby! What happened to you? Oh my God! Are you hurt? Why are your hands covered like that? Oh God, tell me you’re all right!” Daniel’s mother rambled on hysterically.


“Um…excuse me ma’am, but you might want to be a bit careful. He has a cut on his left palm, which I’m pretty sure was caused by the blade of his ski, and he said his foot- right foot, he couldn’t move it. But I’m guessing he meant his ankle. He probably twisted it or something of that sort. It would be a good idea to call a doctor and get it checked,” explained Hyun Joong kindly.

 

“Thank you so much! I don’t know what I would have done if you didn’t get back when you did. I reported Daniel as missing and the ski patrols are already out looking for him. I’m just thankful the two of you showed up when you did.”
“It was no problem,” I replied back as i looked at Daniel and smiled. As i was holding the tears back because i got emotional after seeing the mother and son reunite.


“I just don’t know how I could let this happen. I told Daniel to stay in the lounge for two minutes while I went to go tell his father that we were going to go skiing. I told you to stay here. I told you not to move a single muscle until I got back! Why did you do it?” Daniel’s mother explained as she looked at Daniel who was in her arms.

“I’m just glad you’re back, but you do know that you’ll be grounded…probably for the rest of your life! But thank you oh so much!” she said with a giggle which made it obvious that Daniel had inherited her genes. “It was no problem, really. Especially since he was such a strong and brave boy,” I replied as i gave a little brush to Daniel’s hair. Daniel looked up at his mom and gave her a look that said ‘I was strong and brave.’

“Well, I sure learned my lesson. Never leave this menace alone, not even for a split second especially at a ski lodge.” I just laughed at that comment and smiled at Daniel. “Is there any way I can repay the two of you? You just name it and I’ll see if it’s possible for me to do. Anything you want. You need a reward for what you’ve done for me,” Daniel’s mother questioned with insisting eyes.
“Oh no, that’s not necessary. Just the sight of the two of you happy is all the reward we need. I’m just glad that you are relived from all that worrying,” I replied refusing anything from Daniel’s mother.

 

“No, really. I’ve said ‘thank you’ but there must be something I can do for you. It’s the least I could do.”
“No thank you. Truly and honestly. The safety and happiness of the two of you is all I need. But thank you.” Hyun Joong said.
“Are you positive? I mean, I would feel awfully guilty if you didn’t take anything from me.”
“I’m 110% positive. And please, don’t feel guilty. I would just like to know how Daniel will be doing after a doctor checks him. That’s all.”
“All right then. But thank the two of you so much. I guess I should go and call a doctor and tell the ski patrols that Daniel is back,” Daniel’s mother replied, as she was ready to walk away. She gave Hyun Joong and I a great warm hug before she left.

 

After taking a couple steps, she turned around to face us and said, “And by the way, you two are going to make great- extremely wonderful parents one day. That is completely obvious after the way you handled Daniel and the whole situation.” With those last words she walked off. This left me in shock. I had to repeat the words in my head a couple times before i actually comprehended what Daniel’s mother had said. Hyun Joong stood next to me and just smiled sweetly, “Amazing, simply amazing. You’re as amazing as they get.” I said to Hyun Joong while looking at him, “I just can’t believe that the boy’s name was Daniel. That’s my Cousin’s name.

This Daniel must be around the same age as my cousin as well but my cousin’s probably a bit older. And I just can’t believe the way you treated him. I keep thinking, what if that was my little cousin injured in the cold? You would have helped him and we would be just as grateful to you as Daniel’s mother was to us. This is why you’re so amazing. You just help anyone. They don’t have to be someone you know you just help anyone in need. And what she said about the parenting thing….you know what?…She’s right. You’re going to make an extraordinary father one day,” I remarked with a shy and a thankful look.

 

“Hey! C’mon now! You helped too. I could have never done that all by myself. I mean, I would never be able to bring Daniel back to the lodge alone. And if I did, he might have hypothermia or something and who knows what else might have happened. Don’t just give me all of the credit, you deserve some too you know. We did it together,” Hyun Joong confronted me as he had a warm smile on his face. ( Ahhhh, God, how can someone be so amazing?)After the final words came from him, the two of us just stood there, watching Daniel and his mother disappear into the distance.

OTHER POINT OF VIEW! 

“Hello ‘Hyung Jun’ !!!,” ‘Kyu Jong’ greeted as his friend approached him while he was sitting on a couch in the lounge.

“Hello Kyu Jong, he replied as he took a seat next to him, where’s everyone else?” Hyung Jun questioned while looking around the lounge.

“well, I just saw ‘Young Saeng’ heading this way, but ‘Jung Min’ and ‘Mandy’ went to the Chalet to reserve a table, “How about Hyun Joong and … Na ? Haven’t seem ‘em since this afternoon,”

 

They’ll be here soon. Let’s just wait a bit. He answered ‘Hyung Jun’ with a grin and a look that said ‘what could Hyun Joong be up to? “Oh well. Besides, I haven’t seen Hyun Joong this happy in ages. Live and let live,” Kyu Jong remarked as he tried to remember the last time he saw his friend as happy as he was recently.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right. I haven’t seen him this happy since….Hell! I’ve never seen Hyun Joong this happy!” Hyung Jun blurted out which was followed by their laughs.

 

“Umm…I don’t mean to pry, but if Na, is the same girl who Hyun Joong saved from the accident then why did she act like that ! I mean why did she doesn’t know him? That was the first thing I noticed when we all met. I just didn’t think it was appropriate to mention anything then,” Hyung Jun asked. You could tell that she really had no idea and it was completely obvious.

 

“Well, it’s not my place to tell or say anything about it, but let’s just say…maybe Hyun Joong didn’t like to show off by mentioning his real personality, and besides you know that she was in no condition to get shock! Kim Kyu Jong said cleverly.

 

“ …*hehe* Oh…I…see…, guess you are right. As Hyung Jun finished his last comment the two friends who were sitting on the same couch were waiting (and getting impatient mind you,) for their other friends to arrive. Finally, in the midst of the conversation and laughter ‘Heo Young Saeng’ arrived.

“Hello to you… what’s going on?” Young Saeng said as he approached them.
“About time. What took you so long? I saw you as i was coming,” Kyu Jong said as he looked at his watch.
“Well sorry,” Young Saeng said sarcastically. Did you miss me pal? I missed you. How are you feeling now that I’m back?”
Young Saeng teased Kyu Jong as he went over to where he was sitting and squeezed his way onto the couch, giving Kyu Jong a big hug.

“Oi! Get your filthy hands off me! And I’ll tell you how I feel now. I feel like beating you down with a yardstick if you don’t move. “Okay! Okay! I get it! All you had to do was be polite!” Young Saeng laughed.

“Hey everyone! What’s up?” Hyun Joong greeted as we approached the group.
“Boy, I am so happy to see you. You just saved me from this mad man! He’s out to kill me!” Young Saeng said as he pretended to hide behind me. After Kyu Jong saw this, all he could do was throw his head back and laugh.


“Hello everybody. Um…where’s ‘Jung Min’ and ‘Mandy’?” I asked “They’re gone to get a table. You know, It’s not easy finding a table for US!!!,” ‘Kim Hyung Jun’ joked as he filled me in. “Oh, I see…well I guess we should go then. Besides, I’m hungry. Saving someone sure can make my stomach growl,” Hyun Joong responded leaving everyone other than me confused.

 

“What the hell are you talking about?” questioned ‘Kim Kyu Jong’ once he had calmed himself down from laughing.
“Never mind. We’ll tell you over dinner. We’ll tell all of you over dinner,” I replied.
“Oh sure. Take his side,” Young Saeng blurted out trying to make me blush. This obviously worked because i could feel my cheeks getting warm. I didn’t reply him, but i just looked at the ground.

 

Hyun Joong who was standing beside me peeked at me and smiled trying not to make his action obvious to everyone. Unfortunately, they all noticed and ‘awwed.’
“Okay people, let’s move before they eat all of our food,” Hyung Jun announced as he got up from his seat. All of us agreed and before we knew it, we were headed for the chalet for a nice warm meal.