Chapter 8

Fearless

 

~ Kim Myungsoo ~

 

"We haven't really been together like this for a long time, right?"

"Yeah... I missed you."

"I missed you too."

"Myungsoo-nah..."

"Uhm?"

"I know I shouldn't ask but... can't you tell me anything? About what happened?"

I gasp.

"I..."

"Please. Just something. Whatever you can. I... I need to know."

I understand, I really do but for me to open about it... It's too soon. It's still so fresh and I fear that if I open the gate I won't be able to shut it down again. All of my inner demons are locked but if they break free... It's hard right now but with them out... it would be impossible for me to withstand it. But he asked... I can't refuse him so I take a deep breath and close my eyes for a few seconds.

"I... You were with me. You know how much the stalker was getting to me. I lived in fear every single day, every single moment but I was still kinda hopeful. It's just a girl. The moment I found out it's a guy, that's when I started to panic. When he took me... I... I'm really sorry but I don't think I would be ever ready to talk about what happened in there. I've told the police that the physical abuse wasn't that bad. Really. I mean, I wasn't in the hospital that long... He didn't ually assaulted me or anything. He didn't even beat me up that much. He tortured me a little... a few times but... I can't..." I shiver. I can remember the snakes, the drowning, the overeating...

"It was as if he was playing some kind of game, the rules of which I didn't know. It was more... psychological I think. As if he was trying to mentally scarred me. That's why I can't talk about it. Maybe it would be easier if it was just pain. Maybe I could tell you... but this. This is different. I am different. And I can't think about it because if I did, I'm afraid I would completely loose myself."

I look at Sungyeol and he is crying. He suddenly reaches out and crashes me against his chest, hugging me strongly.

"I'm so sorry, Myungsoo. I... I should have done something."

"There wasn't anything you could do."

"Then let me help you now. Please."

"Okay. This... this is nice." He softly chuckles and my hair.

 

Lovingly, as if I was someone precious and I melt in his embrace. I'm a little afraid of people since I was rescued and touching is... a little complicated but this. I think, I needed this. As if I was waiting for this moment to come. Sungyeol. I can smell him, I feel his warmth, his heart beating and I ... I feel safe. Protected. Loved. I smile to myself. 

 

Back in that dark room all I wanted was to see him again. To be able to feel something like this again but ever since I've got back he was... distant. At first he was always glued to my side but never touching, never being too close. Then he started to avoid me. Did he know? Has he noticed my fear? But I wanted HIS touch. I need HIM. And now finally, we were here. It's as if I was able to take a proper breath for the first time since I got back.

 

It all dawned on me. I was home. Sungyeol is my home.

to be continued

a/n: oh my... are you happy with the interaction? should I finally write more myungyeol moments for you :D