Yoboseyo...?! Who is there?

Pretty (annoying) Boy
 
Who is disturbing Ah Ri's beauty sleep?

KWANG AHRI'S POINT OF VIEW:

A ringing sound. Ahh, what is it? My phone rings, next to my ear. Great!

The phone’s ringing becomes louder, bustling my hand starts fumbling for it. I haven’t even opened my eyes, when I take the call.

“Yoboseyo…” I croak, my voice sounds like I haven’t talked in ages. I gasp, a thought crosses my mind:

This could be Taemin or Sehun! And I sound like an old man! I sit up widening my eyes in shock. “Hello...Who is calling?” I ask tentatively, I think my heart stops beating for a moment. A male voice answers, a too familiar, male voice.

“Hey, sis. How is it going?” Hyunchun-ah! Why? Why can’t it be Taemin? My heart starts weeping.

“Why are you calling this early? Do you have nothing better to do than to pester your sister? Get a life!” I scream into the phone, he has the worst timing ever.

“Woah! Calm down! I was just worried that you might be dying alone in your flat!” He justifies himself.

We have been pretty close for as long as I remember, even though there is an age difference for six years, he is retorted enough to be at my state of mind. He’s always been like this, he doesn’t even let my drive the car if he is around, because he is too scared that I’ll get us killed.

Sadly he is one of those brothers, who make sure that you’ll never get a boyfriend and will come home early. Hence, I was really happy as he left for Australia. I hoped it would get better, but the opposite: It got worse!

He is calling almost every day and to prevent him from thinking I am dead when I am just taking a shower while he is calling. I call him in the evenings to assure that I am fine.

I rub my eyes, F**k, I totally forgot it yesterday. “Sorry, I thought you’d be someone else.” I sigh loudly.

“Are you waiting for some guy to call?” I can hear him squinting his eyes in suspicion. “No, I just, thought… Forget it. No need to worry I am alright. Sena and Hani only left yesterday morning.” “I know, you told me. How long are they going to stay with their parents?”

“Eh… I think for over three weeks. They haven’t seen them for over half a year, college life is so exhausting. You never have time for anything.”

“Come on. I had to study for over five years, so…”

I can’t hear the last words someone rings the doorbell. I get up and hurry to the front door, on a monitor next to the door I can see who keeps ringing.

Oh, what does she want? It’s Mrs. Yu, the ajummah keeping the plants in the lobby alive. Sometimes she comes over to bring us fruits or leftovers, she lives with her husband, whom I have never seen coming out of their apartment.

Halmeoni lives two stories above us, we often help her carry heavy shopping bags and other things. She smiles brightly at the camera. I open the door, I guess she is worried since she knows about Se Na’s and Ha Ni’s leaving.

“Good morning, Ahri-ya.” Yu Halmeoni greets me friendly I have to smile at her happy face. I forgot that Hyunchun-oppa is still on the other end, but he is used to waiting while talking to me. “Hello, Halmeoni. Why are you up this early?” She laughs.

“I was just shopping getting the groceries for today. On the entrance I met someone, who was looking for you, so I decided I’d help him.”

Him? I my head to one side confused. I look around I can see no one, no one except Halmeoni. “Are you sure?” I ask sounding irritated.

“Aigoo, you can come out! Why are you hiding? She won’t do anything bad to you.” Halmeoni looks around too looking for the mysterious stranger.

All of a sudden someone steps into sight coming up the stairs. I am dumbstruck, my phone slips from my hand hitting the floor at the same time as my jaw. My eyes widened in amazement, my heart starts racing.  

LEE TAEMIN'S POINT OF VIEW:

It was Jongin-ah’s idea to hide.

This morning Manager-nim came storming into the training room, Jongin and I were already practicing. He showed me the choreography, he came up with the night before, he gets better and better at coming up with choreos and making his own moves.

He has his own style. I decided to help him as compensation for yesterday, I still feel guilty for getting him into trouble. He on the other side didn’t seem to care about it.

The first thing he did was telling me about Ahri and Manager-nim’s plans to let her join SM. Still, I was surprised, when he came running in, he said, I had had to go with him to persuade Ahri-ya to come.

Jongin observed the situation quietly, he seemed curious as what Manager-nim was going to do. He totally surprised me with saying he wanted to accompany us. It isn’t Jongin’s style to change his attitude towards somebody this quickly, normally he either likes or dislikes someone.

“I thought you can’t stand her.” He shrugged.

“I am just curious.” Manager-nim regarded him with a cold look. We met this nice, old lady downstairs and she showed us the way to Ahri’s apartment.

The door opens, from my place I can see a sleepy Ahri with her phone in one hand, wearing the same clothes as yesterday, a large sweater and tight skinny jeans.

She greets the old lady, running a hand through her disheveled hair, I can hear Jongin grunting as the lady asks us to come out. We do so and Ahri gasps, dropping her phone.

Jong In and I have to laugh at her stunned and stressed face.

KWANG AH RI'S POINT OF VIEW:

What did I do wrong in a previous life that Taemin has to see me like this?! I wish to melt into a puddle evaporate and vanish.

I laugh in frustration, Jerk is laughing as well, but I think he has another reason. I could… “Rip his head off” Quote Luhan.

I want to pick up my phone just as a hand extends it towards me. It’s another boy.

How many more are there to come?

He too is very good looking. His hair is blonde covering his forehead, brown eyebrows and very dark, brown eyes, almost black. His face shape is oval just the jaw is thinner, straight nose and white skin. His smile doesn’t show teeth, but his eyebrows are lifted and he has slight dimples, just visible if you look very closely.

It’s a genuine smile, tough, Jongdae’s seemed catchier. You can tell that this boy is very kind and honest just from his looks. Our fingers brush against each other’s I withdraw my hand quickly, covering my blushed cheeks.

He looks at me and bows.

“Hello, I am Kim Joonmyeon. I am the guardian, Suho, of EXO. Nice to meet you.” I bow a little deeper than he, I feel like I should. So he is the guardian, leader, of EXO? But what is EXO?

I am confused. Why are Taemin and Jerk here together with him? (Taemin belongs to Shinee and Jerk is a background dancer.)

Halmeoni smiles happily and excuses herself giving me a wink. “Good luck! They are pretty cute.” She whispers, nevertheless I am sure everyone heard it. Halmeoni rushes the stairs up, she waves at the guys and gives me thumbs up.

I could die for the third time this morning and it isn’t even eight o’clock...

“Hello Ahri-ya. Have you slept well?” Taemin asks curiously. I think my blushing can’t get any worse. “Please, come in.” I open the door farther, they step inside. “Ahri-ya? Are you still there?” I hear my brother’s voice through the phone.

Wow, we are still connected; I thought the phone had turned off as it hit the floor. The others are taking off their shoes, I glance at them.

Taemin is looking around, Kim Joonmyeon stands awkwardly around and Jerk leans against the wall.

“Ah, sorry Oppa, I’ll call you another time.”

I say, Taemin turns around looking at me with a quizzical gaze.

LEE TAEMIN'S POINT OF VIEW:

What she’s got a boyfriend? …What is this?

I…I feel uneasy at the thought of seeing her with another guy. Jongin smiles knowingly. Joon Myeon is totally mesmerized by the view out of the living room’s windows.

“It was my older brother. You know, the one how lives in Australia? He checks upon me from time to time. Do you want to drink something?”

Relieved I remember she told me yesterday, how could I forget? “I have got tea, coffee and juice…”

“Tea.” Jongin answers she shoots him a look. She turns looking at Joonmyeon and me again. “For me too, please.” Joonmyeon answers.

“Do you have banana milk?” I ask, she laughs. “Yes, I do.”

By the time she comes back we are seated on the white couch, she puts the mugs on to the table and hands me a banana milk with a straw. We thank her, she sits down takes a sip of her tea and asks:

“So, what are you doing here?”

Suho starts: “Sorry, that we are troubling you this early. Zo Manager-nim sent us.” I nod. “Yes, Manager-nim wants you to join SME. He is really confident that you are capable of participating in his newest project.”

I shouldn’t have said it while she was drinking, she splutters tea all over the table.

What? Join SME? Why?” “No worries, you don’t have to join directly there will be a probation time. So you can decide if you want to work with SME or not after some time. The probation time takes about three days.”

“Just three days?” “Yes that will be enough time to test your dancing and singing skills.” Joonmyeon smiles reassuringly. “I don’t know. I like dancing but…”

Jongin, who sits opposite of her in the armchair, looks at her, his eyes are glistening teasingly.

“Just what I thought: You don’t even have the guts to try it. Coward.” He says sounding bored adding the last word with a smirk. I blink at him I have never seen him annoying a girl like this. Ahri slams down her tea mug spilling even more tea.

“Who said I wouldn’t?” She smiles challenging at Jongin, her eyes scowling at him, the temperature seems to increase abruptly. Jongin laughs dryly; he extends a hand towards her.

“Deal?” Ahri grabs his hand pressing it hard. “Deal.” Joonmyeon looks confused and astonished, I shrug at him.

“Are you sure you want this? It’s hard to be an entertainer. You’ll have to work hard to be successful. And you won’t have much time for other things, including friends and family.” Joonmyeon points out fixing his eyes at Ahri’s, he is serious. I can see why they made him EXO’s leader, he is diligent.

Ahri looks from him, to Jongin, to me. We would meet often at the agency if she joined. I selfishly nod at her, at first a nervous but then firm smile shows on her face. “I still want to try it.”

“Ah… That’s amazing! We will be very happy if you enter our team!” He laughs and pats her back. “Yeah, it’ll be awesome once we dance together!” I call out. Jongin looks satisfied. Joonmyeon claps and stands up.

“Then it will be the best to leave as soon as possible so that we can start early. You should pack some extra clothes and change into comfortable clothes. It will be a long day.” “Ok, I will need some time. Feel at home.” Ahri leaves the room.

“I hope Manager-nim made a good choice.” Joonmyeon says he doesn’t sound that doubtful, though. “I think we can trust him on this. She has talent. I am pretty sure she has.” I reply, Jongin chuckles. “Yes, we will see.” Joonmyeon looks at him aggressively.

“If she said yes just because you provoked her, Jongin-ah, you are dead!” Joonmyeon grabs the back of Jongin’s neck pressing him down. “That’s for acting this cocky. Seriously! Do you like her that much that you’re trying to manipulate her?” Joonmyeon gives some more pressure onto his grip.

Jongin yells:

“What? I don’t like her! She is stupid!” I laugh: so she isn’t evil anymore, but just stupid that’s an improvement. He is so childish. Joonmyeon is on the risk of killing Jongin as I free Jongin-ah from his grip, he rubs his red, sore neck and pouts.

“Why are you doing this to me Hyung?”

“I am the leader. Don’t forget that and I am responsible for your actions. So don’t act this bratty.” Joonmyeon has just finished scolding Jongin, when Ahri appears again:

She is holding a blue backpack and wearing a sweater with dark skinny jeans, her hair is up in a bun.

“Let’s go.”

She smiles broadly at us.

KWANG AHRI'S POINT OF VIEW:

I have packed everything and washed myself, as I hear screams from the living room.

I hurry (I don’t want someone to be killed, ok…. Maybe Jerk, he always makes me so angry, for no reason) along the hallway, the three of them see me coming trying to act as if nothing happened, I can’t help but smile.

“Let’s go.”

We are putting on our shoes and leave the apartment, Joonmyeon offered to take my bag but I declined. I have enough strength to carry it by myself. I lock the apartment’s door. Taemin and the others are already waiting for the elevator.

We enter, it’s a little bit crowded, I am squeezed between Jerk and wall. It seems like he is pushing me consciously against the wall to annoy me.

I decide not to react, but at one point I can’t take it anymore. I turn to him, he looks down at me pretending to be innocent. His scent surrounds me, I try to hold my breath, though, I am really bad at it. After something like ten seconds I have to inhale, otherwise I would suffocate.

He smells like shampoo, fresh clothes, but there is something else to it, something individual that can’t be described.  His eyes are dark and mesmerizing, I feel like I could look at them all day. Somehow he looks a bit tired. I wonder if he was dancing at night and hasn’t slept at all.

Just now ( Ok I am forced to notice, because he is so close, too close) I notice that he is much taller than me and how well-formed his body looks.

Does he have a six pack? I know Taemin has got one, Jerk dances too so maybe… I think I turn to a lobster again. His face is expressionless, however, I feel like his eyes are studying my face.

Suddenly his presence makes me feel uneasy, I feel like I can’t move at all. The elevator stops on ground level and we step outside.

OMG, the freedom is coming back. He is just weird. On one side I dislike him on the other he’s atract-… I don’t know.

 

The air is fresh and warm, I put my hands in my pockets (kind of a habit). My hand touches something unfamiliar.

Ah I remember! The strange bracelet.

There aren’t many people and much traffic since we are in an outer district of Seoul. The others are getting on the van standing on the street.

I take one last look at the bracelet, right now I can read the name carved into the silver plate: Kim Jongin. I don’t know someone by this name, I shrug and enter the van as well, feeling uneasy and excited at the same time.

What will happen at SM? 

 

 

 

Suho and Taemin! I love his sweater! ^^

I am excited to know what will happen at SM? Who will she meet next?